Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Humungous coffee hoover addiction.

(Read 2465 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Humungous coffee hoover addiction.
     OP - November 26, 2012, 02:17 AM

Hi. My name is Os and I am a coffeeholic. dance

Well was anyway. I had gotten into this habit of having coffee first thing in the morning (like before food), and coffee late at night, with plenty in between. An average of about ten really filthy strong ones per day. Net result was that I ended up sorta feeling like my innards (including brain) had been marinated in creosote.

This is not a good feeling. Tongue

So I had a brainwave. Drink less coffee! Clever, huh? Nobel Prize material I am. yes

So I cold turkeyed it last Sunday, after making a resolution to not buy any coffee until Thursday. Felt like shit on Monday. Ditto Tuesday, but worse. Wednesday wasn't exactly scintillating either, come to think of it. Bought coffee Thursday, and had one comparatively weak (by my standards) cup Thursday afternoon.

Caffeine rush FTW! bunny

Thing is that after that one cup I felt totally fine, but I didn't even want another cup. It knocked the remaining withdrawal symptoms on the head, without any adverse effects. Since then I've been on one or two cups a day, well spaced out and not first thing in the morning. I'm not forcing myself to this limit. It just happens naturally. That's all I feel like drinking. I don't feel like drinking two cups in a row even when it's available, which is odd given that I was in the habit of having two or three in a row without thinking about it.

The really good bit is I feel heaps better. Clearer between the ears, and not marinated elsewhere. This probably has something to do with getting more fruit juice and water into me as well. I've been using those for fluid intake instead of lotsa coffee. Vitamins and clean water can't be a bad thing (in reasonable quantities).

So yeah, if you're in the I-feel-like-shit-let's-have-a-coffee-why-do-I-still-feel-like-shit? rut, try going cold turkey for a few days and then try one cup. parrot

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • Re: Humungous coffee hoover addiction.
     Reply #1 - November 26, 2012, 06:01 AM

Thanks for the advice!

I also got into this horrible habit. The funny thing is you'd think Americans got me into it, but it was a fellow Arab American friend who got me started. Grin

I definitely feel it when I don't have some for a few days. But I want to not drink it at all. A bigger ambition perhaps than yours, and because of that, maybe a foolish one. But I won't know without trying!

Rather be forgotten than remembered for giving in.
     Reply #2 - November 26, 2012, 07:09 AM

Hait! Mah name is P, am resident coffeeholicism, got embarrassing trouble in mah innards dept, coffee make it worst lol, am not so sure about the 'in between ear dept' tho, am nuts by default, so yeah moderation ftw.
     Reply #3 - November 26, 2012, 10:52 AM

Wow that is the exact same thing I went through! Well I started out with one cup of coffee for my exams, progressed to two, and by my final exam, I was having about 6 cups of coffee in a 24-hour perioud. Then I went cold turkee after the exams, and ugggh the headaches, the body aches, the drowsiness, it was worse than any viral flu.

After 4 or 5 days of feeling shite, I decided to have one teeny tiny cup of a weak coffee, and voila, all the symptoms disappeared...and they never came back Shocked

Well, ive started drinking one cup every 3 to 4 days now. I have exams again, and dont want to develop tolerance to the alertness effect so I try not have a cup everyday. Seems to be working out well so far. No withdrawal symptoms on the day off either.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »