Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Confused and on the fence

(Read 2227 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Confused and on the fence
     OP - November 08, 2012, 03:56 PM

Hi All,

A small intro about me - You can all call me Chuppie which is my pet name. As my Login name says i am on fence....i am not able to decide if there is god or not.

If there is god - I have always wondered why is he biased? he  gives some everything in life and some nothing???which is he so unfair....
    when ever i have asked others about this they only give me answer saying that god does everything for a reason and only he knows....or if someone is suffering then it is their past life karma.....or dont be too emotional seeing others in pain its just wat they have asked for......

I am here because i am not satisfied with these answers.......

If he really exist why cant he damn come and stand in front of us or why cant he treat everyone the same way....

If there is someone called as God then he the sole reason for all the bad things on earth........if he can treat everyone unbiased and equally then why will some go for extreme.....

PS: Please excuse me if my english is bad.

• Re: Confused and on the fence
     Reply #1 - November 08, 2012, 04:05 PM

I had the same questions as you in the beginning. I realized though that there is no god and especially not a god of any of the religions put there that takes interest in our lives. Who knows there may be some sort of creative force out there but who cares. I came to terms and accepted that sometimes shit happens and we have to deal with it. Shit happens because there is no god looking out for us or taking an interest in our lives. Religions try and explain why bad and good things happen so they come up with concepts of heaven, hell, karma and reincarnation. Humans have this deep desire to be able to want reasons for everything when many times there just is no reason. As a human being we should care for and want what's best for this planet and everything in it. We should give rights to others that we expect for ourselves. We should treat others as we expect to be treated. We don't need a god for any of this.

-------------------
    Believe in yourself
    -------------------
    Strike me down and I'll just become another nail in your coffin
    -------------------
    There's such a thing as sheep in wolfs clothing... religious fanatics
     Reply #2 - November 08, 2012, 06:19 PM

parrot

Did you have an imaginary friend as a child?  Gods are inventions of our imaginations, and some of these trolls are very powerful and will send you to hell if you step on a crack in the pavement, or they have persuaded some people to be very very angry if you ask about their gods.

It is like dropping their dolls, but as adults their tantrums can be very dangerous!

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #3 - November 08, 2012, 07:20 PM

Eh, even if a God exists somewhere, why does it have to be the Abrahamic one? My position is that whether he does exist or not I refuse to believe in him. His existence plays no part in my lack of belief. Muslims seem to think that if they can prove Big Al's existence (which they can't) that somehow that validates the entire fucking religion.

Started from the bottom, now I'm here
    Started from the bottom, now my whole extended family's here

JOIN THE CHAT
     Reply #4 - November 08, 2012, 07:55 PM

i had this period before. for number of times. it were annoying but ive came to conclusion and am more firm now. knowing myself better like i used to before i joined islam. growing mental and confident and other things in general. you will come to that one day. just an weird period, that most people faced after leaving islam cos they used to have that restricted sole "beliefs" and heavy practices that ingrained in ur mind, thats y people who left islam faces difficultly in changing habits and principle straight afterward but it will melt down, how long is depends on how practical guy was when he was muslim. for me it took a bit more than few of years. everyday it melts down, the more it is away from you the more joy and sense of freedom u will taste until ur proper non muslim and ull be okay.  Afro
     Reply #5 - November 08, 2012, 08:31 PM

I am an atheist, but I have never been persuaded by any of these reasons.
    When atheists ask 'why would god do x?', the theist can always answer it. Not being able to understand god is usually part of god's definition.
    Moreover, it is perfectly possible that god is simply a dick
     Reply #6 - November 09, 2012, 10:41 AM

I had the same questions as you in the beginning. I realized though that there is no god and especially not a god of any of the religions put there that takes interest in our lives. Who knows there may be some sort of creative force out there but who cares. I came to terms and accepted that sometimes shit happens and we have to deal with it. Shit happens because there is no god looking out for us or taking an interest in our lives. Religions try and explain why bad and good things happen so they come up with concepts of heaven, hell, karma and reincarnation. Humans have this deep desire to be able to want reasons for everything when many times there just is no reason. As a human being we should care for and want what's best for this planet and everything in it. We should give rights to others that we expect for ourselves. We should treat others as we expect to be treated. We don't need a god for any of this.

I'd agree with Pepe here in a nutshell. I think the best way to do it is to tackle the topic of theism itself. Forget comparing religions. Just focus on God. There are plenty of resources out there. Try www.infidels.org as a start. I don't think you will need to go any further. If you do, drop me a PM and I'll suggest some reading material.
     Reply #7 - November 09, 2012, 12:47 PM

Hi All,

A small intro about me - You can all call me Chuppie which is my pet name. As my Login name says i am on fence....i am not able to decide if there is god or not.

If there is god - I have always wondered why is he biased? he  gives some everything in life and some nothing???which is he so unfair....
    when ever i have asked others about this they only give me answer saying that god does everything for a reason and only he knows....or if someone is suffering then it is their past life karma.....or dont be too emotional seeing others in pain its just wat they have asked for......

I am here because i am not satisfied with these answers.......

If he really exist why cant he damn come and stand in front of us or why cant he treat everyone the same way....

If there is someone called as God then he the sole reason for all the bad things on earth........if he can treat everyone unbiased and equally then why will some go for extreme

PS: Please excuse me if my english is bad.

How are you doing "onthefence "?? welcome...

No..no  your English is good.. sitting on the fence is good..  Some time back,  when I was 10 year old.. I used to live on the fence whenever I had trouble in home..   ..... I used to be a Rascal and troublemaker.. But that fence had a big tree where I could spend a night comfortably cursing every one asking allahgod to burn them in hell. That used to help me .. lol..

But we have to grow up .. we can not sit on fences or live on trees all the time.. we we are in 21st century. We fairly know the ORIGINS.. origins of universe and origins of human being and origins of god/s.. So what all we need is a bit of commonsense to figure the truth and facts about God/s

For that we need to read about god/s and ask questions.  where did the god/s come from??

For most of the people religious or otherwise,   clearly answer to that question lies in the religious literature.. So you to read that,  Here is the link for you ., and please scan through   every book  from every religion ....  Wonderful link to read all together..

Then you need to start questioning.. Is this God really what is there or what is written in those books?.   Once you start doing that and looking on the both sides of fence, I am pretty certain you will find the answer "onthefence "..

Anyways I am glad you reading CEMB..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #8 - November 09, 2012, 04:17 PM

Welcome! Smiley

I hope you find the answers you are looking for here!

Reply #9 - November 10, 2012, 10:46 PM

I think a better question I asked myself was, if God exists why does he care about petty human things. Which lead me to believe that God's personality is that of human with emotions of hate wrath and jealousy and obsession with sexuality which does not sound like a grand creator.  Tongue

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »