Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Sajid Javid is an ex-Muslim?

(Read 6809 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Sajid Javid is an ex-Muslim?
     OP - October 09, 2012, 10:52 PM

So I discovered today that a prominent Conservative politician here in the UK could be an ex-Muslim.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sajid_Javid
    He's an MP and the Economic Secretary to the Treasury

The wiki page says: Religion   None (ex-Muslim)[2]

And the citation [2] is http://villageonline.co.uk/village/news/fullstory/politics_in_the_pulpit

Quote from: villageonline.co.uk
    Sajid Javid: “My own family’s heritage is Muslim. Myself and my four brothers were brought up to believe in God, but I do not practise any religion. My wife is a practising Christian and the only religion practised in my house is Christianity.

“I think we should recognise that Christianity is the religion of our country.”

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #1 - October 09, 2012, 11:01 PM

Very interesting! Have you been following Sayeeda Warsi since she got made 'minister for faith'? Mostly seems to be meeting 'community leaders' and signing memorandums with those rascals (yeezeevee alert) at the OIC. Lets promote this chap instead.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #2 - October 09, 2012, 11:05 PM

Lets promote this chap instead.

Not really. He said: “I think we should recognise that Christianity is the religion of our country.”  Roll Eyes

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #3 - October 09, 2012, 11:16 PM

^ Exactly. Sounds like a Christian who’s in the closet about it…
     Reply #4 - October 09, 2012, 11:24 PM

A man who can be weaned away from Islam has made the most difficult step.

Having a high profile ex-Muslim, or couldn't-care-less-about-Islam fella born in a Muslim family, would be a good step.

By the looks of it on wiki he's something of a high flier predicted he's destined for big things in the Tory party.

The Christian baloney can be dealt with straightforwardly - hell, even the Guardian would join in with that (especially since he's a Tory)

Baby steps and all that kind of thing.

God is Love.

• Re: Sajid Javid is an ex-Muslim?
     Reply #5 - October 09, 2012, 11:39 PM

I just split this topic from the Random Thoughts of the Day thread. parrot

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #6 - October 10, 2012, 12:28 AM

Very interesting! Have you been following Sayeeda Warsi since she got made 'minister for faith'? Mostly seems to be meeting 'community leaders' and signing memorandums with those rascals (yeezeevee alert) at the OIC. Lets promote this chap instead.

U Brits have a minister for faith ??  idiot2 (i mean i heard of warsi but thought she was minister of transport or sumthin)

Like what is their job description. Go to random temples and churches to pray and tell the muslims and jews to play nice with each other ? Sounds like a waste if tax payer money to me...

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #7 - October 10, 2012, 12:42 AM

No, we didn't. She was demoted from being party chairman and has been given this position which I suspect was invented for her. Toothless, just for shaking hands with bearded old men and mouthing bromides about interfaith stuff.

God is Love.

Reply #8 - October 10, 2012, 01:04 AM

mouthing bromides about interfaith stuff

hmm make me minister of faith in Britain.  

I'll go up to the podium and say " Hey guys I got this super epic idea about how to solve all interfaith issues at once...wait for it...Just get rid of the faiths and there won't be any barriers!  Afro"  

I know.. mind blowing stuff right.  Smiley

Reply #9 - October 10, 2012, 03:59 AM

Or me

'hey guys let's implement shari'a , they will abandon ship or go crazy and our land be made pure..'
     Reply #10 - October 12, 2012, 07:45 PM

Not really. He said: “I think we should recognise that Christianity is the religion of our country.”  Roll Eyes

I think he was only recognising that officially England/UK is a Christian country. Richard Dawkins has also admitted the same. He didn't actually say that it was a good thing or that it should stay that way, just that it was true. As a politician, even in the UK, he doesn't want to alienate the rather mild 'Cucumber sandwiches with the vicar on the village green' CofE christians who might well feel like their traditions are being eroded. I think he was just being diplomatic. He was in a church so he probably felt an 'all beleivers are deluded' reply may have not helped his election chances. I would still probably vote for him.

I am better than your god......and so are you.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #11 - October 12, 2012, 07:49 PM

"I would still probably vote for him"

Unless he is a creationist of course!

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #12 - October 12, 2012, 08:04 PM

^

He already said that he doesn't follow any religion. What would make you think he is a creationist Huh?

Reply #13 - November 28, 2012, 09:26 PM

"He already said that he doesn't follow any religion. What would make you think he is a creationist Huh?"

Yes you are correct, total non-sequitor on my part. I don't even know why I said that. It seems highly unlikely that he is a creationist. He could still be a deist though, in a kind of accommodationist 'teach the controversy' kind of way. Pure conjecture on my part though was just exploring possible scenarios  but based on no evidence so please discount my ramblings :-)

Sajid will prob get my vote.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »