Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: UK soldier unexpectedly gives birth in Afghanistan

(Read 2922 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • UK soldier unexpectedly gives birth in Afghanistan
     OP - September 20, 2012, 06:17 PM

LONDON (AP) — Hours after a British soldier in Afghanistan told medics she was suffering from stomach pains, the Royal Artillery gunner unexpectedly gave birth to a boy — the first child ever born in combat to a member of Britain's armed forces.

Britain's defense ministry said Thursday the soldier told authorities she had not been aware she was pregnant and only consulted doctors on the day that she went into labor.

The soldier, who arrived in Afghanistan in March, delivered the child Tuesday at Camp Bastion, the vast desert camp in southern Afghanistan's Helmand province where Prince Harry is deployed and a Taliban attack last week killed two U.S. Marines.

"Mother and baby are both in a stable condition in the hospital and are receiving the best possible care," the ministry said in a statement. It said a team of doctors would fly out to Afghanistan in the coming days to help the soldier and her son return safely to Britain.

http://news.yahoo.com/uk-soldier-unexpectedly-gives-birth-afghanistan-130526550.html

Now that's quite interesting
  • Re: UK soldier unexpectedly gives birth in Afghanistan
     Reply #1 - September 24, 2012, 11:49 AM

Is it? There's a whole US TV show dedicated to women who supposedly didn't know they were pregnant and gave birth. The fact that this woman gave birth while in Afghanistan is hardly "interesting".

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #2 - September 24, 2012, 11:57 AM

Give the baby some bullet proof nappies, a grenade belt and a gun. We could use all the help we can get against Terry Taliban. Stealth operative, they won't know what's hit them.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #3 - September 24, 2012, 12:16 PM

Give the baby some bullet proof nappies, a grenade belt and a gun. We could use all the help we can get against Terry Taliban. Stealth operative, they won't know what's hit them.

I've heard of child soldiers, but infant infanteers is charting new and unfamiliar territory..
     Reply #4 - September 24, 2012, 12:20 PM

well whatever happened ..happened ..  but it would have been a wonderful story and happy ending if that toddler would have seen both of his parents within few days of his birth

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #5 - September 24, 2012, 02:18 PM

I've heard of child soldiers, but infant infanteers is charting new and unfamiliar territory..

Infant Infrantry, soldier, the Infant Infantryman.

God is Love.

Reply #6 - September 24, 2012, 03:06 PM

This idea may be doomed from a disciplinary perspective. Negligent Discharge would be a recurring issue, for one thing.

Also, putting these in a guardroom may give some people the wrong idea.
     Reply #7 - September 24, 2012, 03:08 PM

Don't be so negative. This is a potential solution to army cuts and troop reductions.

They'll crawl for miles. And what will it cost? A suckle on a ripened lactating breast. There may be a shortage of them in the dry Helmand, but surely there are some female goats out there whose teats can be press ganged into service for Her Majesty's new shock troops on that matter.

God is Love.

Reply #8 - September 24, 2012, 03:13 PM

You are Philip Hammond and I claim my £5.
     Reply #9 - September 24, 2012, 03:40 PM

Obviously virgin birth.

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #10 - September 24, 2012, 05:10 PM

Obviously virgin birth.

yesssssss  Sir..  virgin birth..   Signs of his return are all over there.. end of the world is near..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5a9UY4JWSs

And that is faith I am closely related by birth.. And I wondered about that faith and its origins  That quickly lead to Islam is false and everything in it including Prophet of Islam is false..  Silly stories over stories over stories ..

So I am fairly certain this Imam Mahdi story is alos a story. unless I see the end of the world..  Don't know how it ends..  may be 100 or so million people get fried.. who knows allah knows the best...

Reply #11 - September 24, 2012, 06:00 PM

Is it? There's a whole US TV show dedicated to women who supposedly didn't know they were pregnant and gave birth. The fact that this woman gave birth while in Afghanistan is hardly "interesting".

Yes its hardly "interesting" because British female soldiers in the middle of combat zone in Afghanistan are popping out babies left and right.
     Reply #12 - September 24, 2012, 06:04 PM

lol yeezevee (I'm really happy that you aren't a Muslim Tongue)

The shiite mahdi already showed up. In one of his books he said that Jesus will marry his daughter, fatma. I think fatma is 3 or 4 years old now.. I'm not sure.
     Reply #13 - September 24, 2012, 06:11 PM

lol yeezevee (I'm really happy that you aren't a Muslim Tongue)

well some people were Very..Very unhappy ....  Being Zebra I think i was lucky.. I ran away from everything.... Tongue.

The shiite mahdi already showed up. In one of his books he said that Jesus will marry his daughter, fatma. I think fatma is 3 or 4 years old now.. I'm not sure.

really.. but this kid is just born.,  and his father is still not known at least  to the public..  Well in religions everything is secret

Reply #14 - September 24, 2012, 06:22 PM

I'm happy that you're a Zebra! yes but I really wonder why you were kinda trying to challenge me on my blog when I started posting here. I mean you were talking like a Muslim.

Yes he doesn't even have many shiite followers. But this mahdi and his followers are so annoying! They know much about Islam but they don't like to have discussions with anyone.
     Reply #15 - September 24, 2012, 06:59 PM

I mean you were talking like a Muslim.

He likes to play the comical trojan!

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #16 - September 24, 2012, 11:39 PM

Huh?   How the hell do you not notice that your pregnant until you give birth. 

I mean not getting her period, vomiting and oh i dunno... HER BELLY EXPANDING 

I smell a troll..... 

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #17 - September 24, 2012, 11:49 PM

From the Article it also states

If you have a combination of any or all of those things, a pregnancy can go undetected, or the woman can be in denial of it if the implications to their life are so great," said O'Brien, a spokesman for the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologist.

A study published in 2011 by Glasgow's Victoria Infirmary said that denial of pregnancy was more common than expected, suggesting it occurred in around 1 in 2,500 births.

In a 2002 German survey of Berlin obstetric hospitals, researchers found that 40 percent of women who didn't realize they were pregnant had seen doctors who also failed to spot the signs.

I think it is most likely she got pregnant before her deployment, and with all combat stress, she didn't realize it. Her base was also attacked a week before.
     Reply #18 - September 25, 2012, 06:30 AM

I smell a troll..... 

Did you know you can get a period through your entire pregnancy?

Did you know that not every woman actually needs to vomit since not every woman will get morning sickness?

Did you know that some women actually don't get super big, and other people can't even tell that she is pregnant?

I smell ignorance.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #19 - September 25, 2012, 12:57 PM

I smell a troll..... 

I know of 2  incidents in my circle of acquaintances, both of whom had irregular menstruations, often skipping 1 – 2 months or more.

One was a 17 years old cousin of a friend of mine. She only went up one size in blue jeans. When one day she had severe stomach pains her mother called the doctor. He examined the daughter while the hand wringing mother in the background asked what was wrong with her little girl. She is in labour, he replied, which caused the mother to drop to the floor in a dead faint and then he had to attend to her.

The other one was a 39 years old married mother of 3,neighbor of a friend of mine, who admittedly even when not pregnant was a tad pear shaped. During her pregnancy she had been to the doctor because of stomach trouble. He diagnosed an irritation of the intestines and prescribed some medication for it. When she started having pains, her 19 years old daughter called an ambulance. On arrival at the hospital she was asked what was wrong, to which she replied that it was as if she had labour pains, but that couldn´t be. The hospital made preparation for a miscarriage, but the eventual result was a full term baby boy.

After work the husband hurried to the hospital where the staff greeted him with a congratulation it is a boy. He got somewhat annoyed and told them to get out of there. In the hospital room he found his wife with the baby in her arms, trying to mobilize motherly feelings for this surprise addition to the family.

Like a compass needle that points north, a man?s accusing finger always finds a woman. Always.

Khaled Hosseini - A thousand splendid suns.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »