Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: 17th November 2012 - The forum's 5 year anniversary celebration

(Read 29103 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: 17th November 2012 - The forum's 5 year anniversary celebration
     Reply #60 - November 03, 2012, 11:14 PM

I also want to know the dress code, need to go and buy some clothes.

'Let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.'

Join the chat!
     Reply #61 - November 03, 2012, 11:28 PM

OK, I know the 1st has come and gone, but I can now turn up - is there space for one latecomer?  grin12
     Reply #62 - November 03, 2012, 11:31 PM

Also will there be a cloak room where I could leave...maybe a small suitcase? or a rucksack?

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #63 - November 03, 2012, 11:32 PM

Nuuu toor! I'm already a one latecomer :(

I'm so terrible at replying to emails.

Cheesy

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #64 - November 10, 2012, 04:07 PM

So..... I'm guessing the dress code is on the formal side?  

Also, SORRY FOR THE LATE REPLY ugh, hope I didn't pass some deadline for it >.<

Dress like you plan to go out later on too.  I intend to.

Which reminds me must take dress in to be shortened just in case I decide to wear that.  Grin

Ok Maryam has asked me to remind you guys, anybody who is still interested in attending please message me, those of you who have messaged me your orders will be in the kitchen.

Only 1 week left to go so get in whilst you can.   Afro

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #65 - November 10, 2012, 06:46 PM

Can't wait!  dance

Reply #66 - November 17, 2012, 01:39 AM

*Bump*

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #67 - November 17, 2012, 02:34 AM

I probably won't make it...my sleep is messed up.

Reply #68 - November 17, 2012, 02:41 AM

I probably won't make it...my sleep is messed up.

Oh common Stardust.. please go and meet the folks..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #69 - November 17, 2012, 08:42 AM

Have fun guys.

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

What apple stores are like.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QmZWv-eBI
     Reply #70 - November 17, 2012, 01:45 PM

Hope you guys are having a great time. Wish I could have made it. I haz no monies :(
    Hopefully there will be pics to perve on later  dance

Reply #71 - November 17, 2012, 08:45 PM

It has been wonderful , I enjoyed the people, the food and the the energy that was there.     cheers

Thanks to all who have attended, it was such a good recharge.    Afro

Definitely GREAT !

My position remains the same. I hate, yes hate, your religion, your god/s, your koran,bible, holy text, your prophet and all that sick nonsense.. but I don't hate YOU.
     Reply #72 - November 17, 2012, 10:42 PM

It has been wonderful , I enjoyed the people, the food and the the energy that was there.     cheers

Thanks to all who have attended, it was such a good recharge.    Afro

Definitely GREAT !

^You must have been the one guy I didn't get to talk to today? Tongue Except for saying goodbye Tongue

Had a lovely time! Love the ex-muslim community.

Reply #73 - November 17, 2012, 10:55 PM

That's true Stardust.  We didn't get the chance to talk unfortunately.

Next time, there's the Xmas one.

My position remains the same. I hate, yes hate, your religion, your god/s, your koran,bible, holy text, your prophet and all that sick nonsense.. but I don't hate YOU.
     Reply #74 - November 17, 2012, 11:08 PM

I had a great time! Everyone was lovely.

Even though I was too shy to talk to people properly. Tongue

'Let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.'

Join the chat!
     Reply #75 - November 17, 2012, 11:10 PM

Yep, hopefully see Berbs and Pariah there too (PARIAH! -.- NO EXCUSES MISS).

Reply #76 - November 17, 2012, 11:12 PM

So what do you guys do anyway??  do every one of you guys stand up and talk.. make noises .. Eat .. or just listen to some one talk??

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #77 - November 18, 2012, 06:12 AM

We do something called socialize, yeezevee Tongue Talk about things we have in common, interests...get to know each other....make plans to take over the world....usual stuff.

So what do you guys do anyway??  do every one of you guys stand up and talk.. make noises .. Eat .. or just listen to some one talk??

CEMB forum has been a huge influence on me -helped me make some wonderful friends, online and IRL too. It helped me get through some difficult times and helped me grow a lot as a person too.

I absolutely love this place. Warts and all.

Here's to the anniversary  and the very cool admins and moderators who have kept this place rolling  cool2

A special one to Berberella too, -was looking forward to seeing you at the luncheon tbh, hope your day was good anyway. See you next time.  far away hug

cheers cheers

Reply #78 - November 18, 2012, 06:27 AM

We are glad you are part of this forum, Stardust hugs I'm happy to know you all had a good time at the anniversary celebration!

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #79 - November 18, 2012, 09:01 AM

Had a great time, everyone was so lovely and the food was great. Would have loved to met Berbs and Pariah,too, perhaps next time.

"The more powerful and original a mind, the more it will incline toward the religion of solitude."

"i used to steal my sisters barbies so i could take their clothes off and perv on them" - prince spinoza
     Reply #80 - November 18, 2012, 12:32 PM

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #81 - November 18, 2012, 12:49 PM

It was great to see Serendipity, Rendezvouz, Blade Gunner, murtad_artist and Muzammil for the first time; and mchawking, Sundas, toor, Stardust, Improvaganza, Simon, Mayam Namazie and Fariborz again. Afro

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #82 - November 18, 2012, 01:52 PM

It was great to meet everyone - more events like this, please  Afro
     Reply #83 - November 18, 2012, 05:53 PM

This was the first time I met any ex-muslim(s) in person. It was an amazing meet up and you guys are an amazing bunch. Pleasure meeting you all and hope to see you guys again soon  Smiley
     Reply #84 - November 18, 2012, 06:41 PM

Feck, completely forgot about this. Glad to hear everyone had a good time Smiley
     Reply #85 - November 18, 2012, 07:49 PM

Really glad to meet up with everyone at the luncheon. Sorry Berbs missed it. It was definitely not the same without her. This gives us an excuse to do it again soon. By the way, the next social event of the CEMB is end-year drinks with AC Grayling. It's on 11 December. Here's more info:

11 December 2012
    End-Year Drinks with CEMB
    Time: 18:30-20:00 Hours
    Entry: £7 per person; £5 for unwaged (including one drink and canapés).
    Special Guest Speaker: Philosopher A C Grayling on ‘Secularism as a Human Right’.
    Space is limited. Reservations will be granted on a first come, first served basis. Reservations and payment deadline: 6 December 2012 via post and 10 December via email.

BTW if you want to come but can't pay entry fee, just email me at exmuslimcouncil@gmail.com and we'll get you in free. Next year too we have our ex-Muslim women's coffee morning and a meet-up for asylum seeking and refugee apostates starting on 28 January. If you can come to both or either just email me to RSVP. Hope to see some of you on 11 December.

Maryam Namazie
    BM Box 1919, London WC1N 3XX, UK
    tel: +44 (0) 7719166731
    web: http://www.maryamnamazie.com/
    blog: http://freethoughtblogs.com/maryamnamazie/
     Reply #86 - November 18, 2012, 08:11 PM

I think I should be able to make the next event.
     Reply #87 - November 19, 2012, 01:15 AM

Good to hear you all had an awesome time! Sorry I couldn't make it, gutted! I did RSVP, but life conspired against me on the day.  wacko

Definitely next time - on 11th Dec.  Hope to see you all there.  Smiley

'The greatest glory of living lies not in never falling but in rising everytime you fall'
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »