Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: CEMB videos french translation

(Read 5755 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • CEMB videos french translation
     OP - September 04, 2012, 04:56 PM

Hello everyone

I'd like to start translating the videos of the CEMB Youtube channel in French. Has this been done by someone yet? If not, I can volunteer to translate all of the videos because a lot of muslims speak French in France (obviously) and North Africa, and are not really good in English at all. There are so many people around me in Algeria who claim they are muslims when they don't really know anything about Islam, and I feel they need to watch your videos, because it would at least make them think about what they believe, and think they believe.

I feel that any muslim should give your videos a watch. Of course I'm not talking about forcing them to anybody, but at least I'd like the information to be available for anyone.

So has it been done already? If not, I'd be really glad to be the one do the job.
  • Re: CEMB videos french translation
     Reply #1 - September 04, 2012, 05:14 PM

Not that I'm aware of. Are you intending on dubbing them or writing sub-titles?
     Reply #2 - September 04, 2012, 05:16 PM

No I'll just write subtitles.
     Reply #3 - September 04, 2012, 05:48 PM

Better to dub them than write subtitles.

By the way you are Algerian right? Do you know Arabic? If so, if your goal is to get the videos watched by Algerians then why translate them into French and not Arabic?

Some Algerians speak French, but all of them speak Arabic right?
     Reply #4 - September 04, 2012, 06:06 PM

The main reason is that I myself am no Arabic expert. I barely speak it. The  first language I ever spoke was French. Then I learned Arabic at school but always sucked at it because I didn't ever have to speak it neither at home nor at school, nor high-school, nor college. Almost everyone around me speaks French
    I'm actually waaay better in English than Arabic.

People in Algeria don't really speak classical Arabic. What we speak is a mixture between French and Arabic, and also some Berber. This also applies to Tunisia and Morroco.

Of course the ideal would be to translate them in Arabic, but I'm definitely not the one who can do that.

And about the dubbing thing, well... I don't like the sound of my voice, but more importantly, I don't want people recognizing my voice and knowing that I'm a complete immoral criminal monstruous horrible disgusting perverted mean-spirited evil infidel who worships Satan and kills babies to eat their guts every night (wow... I lost control)
     Reply #5 - September 04, 2012, 06:14 PM

Well ok that makes sense.

When people in Algeria surf the internet, do they do it in French or Arabic?

Well, let me be a little more specific:

If Algerians want to find something out online, what proportion of them will type their Google search terms in Arabic and what proportion of them will type in French?

I suppose it depends on what they want to find out and how much education they have right?
     Reply #6 - September 04, 2012, 06:27 PM

They would definitely do it in French. Most of the people who have Internet access understand French. And even those who aren't able to pronounce a single sentence in french would use french characters to write arabic sentences. They do it all the time, and I find a guilty pleasure of making fun of them (what an immoral person I am, I definitely need to worship Allah).

I think it's fair to say that the vast majority of intellectual people in Algeria speak French, and university lectures are given in French.

As I see it, Algeria is kind of divided between Western and and Eastern civilizations. The more they become religious, the less likely they'll be to speak and understand French. And the more open-minded they are, the less likely they'll be to understand classical Arabic. It's been rumored that Algeria is the most francophonic country in Africa, even though our government refuses to accept that French is one of our national languages.
     Reply #7 - September 04, 2012, 07:08 PM

The CEMBAdmin videos are mostly (if not entirely) the output of Hassan, who is no longer a member of the forum. I can't think of any particular reason why he'd object to them being translated but it might be an idea just to ask out of courtesy before uploaded translated versions anywhere. With regards Arabic translations, Hassan himself would be the best person to do it but as I say, he's busy with other bits and pieces so it might need someone else with the necessary linguistic skills to step up.
     Reply #8 - September 04, 2012, 07:11 PM

Well, that's the reason why I created this topic. Is there any way to contact him?
     Reply #9 - September 07, 2012, 05:51 PM

Infinity, Hassan is happy for you to translate any of the videos you want to, though he's asked that you don't include his name anywhere. Let us know how you get on Smiley
     Reply #10 - September 07, 2012, 05:55 PM

Oh great I'll start tonight or maybe tomorrow Smiley
    And ok I won't include even the name Hassan. I'll create a new Youtube channel called CEMBfrench and post there, I don't want to post on my own youtube account.
    And of course every video will include a link to his channel Smiley

Thank you Smiley
     Reply #11 - September 08, 2012, 06:18 PM

Ok here's the first video. It's not public yet, I need your feedback first. Especially since Hassan says his name in this video, and you asked me not to mention his name anywhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_Tr-tvDhlQ

If you think it's good enough then I'll make the video public. I can also give you the password of the Youtube Channel so you can edit anything you want.  Smiley
     Reply #12 - September 15, 2012, 09:20 AM

Hey guys. I'm having an issue, I downloaded and translated 3 videos so far. I was gonna do the 4th one but I can no longer download Youtube videos. It's telling me the videos contain EMI content or something like that. What shall I do?
     Reply #13 - September 15, 2012, 09:39 AM

Hey guys. I'm having an issue, I downloaded and translated 3 videos so far. I was gonna do the 4th one but I can no longer download Youtube videos. It's telling me the videos contain EMI content or something like that. What shall I do?

I think that EMI thing is something to do with Music copy/right protection ., In other words  EMI British group/company  objects using the commercial music such as Music from movies songs  in your videos. , Some of these CEMB videosuse background music from movies., That may be the reason why some videos of CEMB are not allowed to put it on your YouTube channel dear Infinity

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #14 - September 15, 2012, 09:45 AM

Well that's unfortunate. But the problem is, I can't even download the first videos (the ones I already have and which contain no music at all). So I don't know what's happening :/
     Reply #15 - September 15, 2012, 09:49 AM

Well that's unfortunate. But the problem is, I can't even download the first videos (the ones I already have and which contain no music at all). So I don't know what's happening :/

See whether you can do it without music or even without sound.. just  typed words..   make a trail on that.. Hmm That is strange.. may be there is some other problem,,

Reply #16 - September 15, 2012, 09:52 AM

You mean download the video and not the audio? I don't think that's possible...
     Reply #17 - September 15, 2012, 09:55 AM

You mean download the video and not the audio? I don't think that's possible...

you mean you can not download some videos from youtube to your computer??    well anything is possible you need some sort of program that dissects content behind the video..

Reply #18 - September 15, 2012, 10:01 AM

yep. I can't even download my own videos :/
    I need to figure this out
     Reply #19 - September 16, 2012, 02:03 AM

It would be ALOT more useful to translate them into urdiu and arabic. You will reach a hell of alot more ex muslims and muslims that way.

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #20 - September 18, 2012, 02:04 PM

This link shows the top 10 internet languages:

http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats7.htm

According to this, Arabic is at number 7 with 65.4 million users. French is closely behind with 59.8 million users.

But what is most significant is the growth rate in internet users, of the top 10 languages, Arabic has had the highest growth in internet use (2,500%, considerably higher than the French growth rate of 398%). If those growth rates were to continue then Arabic will be growing into the top 5 or even top 3 languages of the internet within the next few years.

I suspect the reason why Arabic has more internet users than other languages of the Islamic world (i.e. Turkish, Urdu and Indonesian) is not the number of Arabic speakers, but rather the wealth of oil rich Arabic speaking countries.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »