Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Is having casual sex or marrying your cousins harmful?

(Read 37082 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Is having casual sex or marrying your cousins harmful?
     Reply #30 - August 11, 2011, 07:34 PM

Cheesy Cheesy

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #31 - August 11, 2011, 09:04 PM

Well you get out yer weiner n i think u stick it in her woohoo. And you know... just do the pumpjack.

Cheesy

I love Jesus Christ, I want him to be my Holy best friend in faith. Jesus, can we be HBFFs?

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #32 - August 11, 2011, 09:14 PM

cousin marriage I think gets too out of hand when it happens in every generation for generations. A one time thing doesn't seem to do harm.

Casual sex is awesome.

Nail on the head!  Afro

Religion is organized superstition
     Reply #33 - August 12, 2011, 04:46 AM

if my cousin is hot i will marry her

fuck children

[13:36] <Fimbles> anything above 7 inches
    [13:37] <Fimbles> is wacko
    [13:37] <Fimbles> see
    [13:37] <Fimbles> you think i'd enjoy anything above 7 inches up my arse?
     Reply #34 - August 12, 2011, 04:51 AM

fuck children

That's wrong. Just wrong.

Formerly known as Iblis
     Reply #35 - August 12, 2011, 04:56 AM

what if a child grows up to become another iblis...

tell me how would I have benfited the world by doing that !

tell me you  monstrous murderer  !!!!! :"(

Reply #36 - August 12, 2011, 05:44 AM

But what does that have to do with you wanting to "fuck children".  grin12

Formerly known as Iblis
     Reply #37 - August 13, 2011, 03:54 AM

hey man that is wrong Cry

Reply #38 - August 22, 2011, 07:58 PM

I did research on this and most Islamic websites say nothing is wrong with it and that most of the children are born healthy. The effects of having children with blood relatives sometimes aren't apparent till  further down the genetic  line.  Now when it comes to love, love is love and it shouldn't really be banned.

Causal sex is not a big deal just don't end up with illegitimate children without a father. That's harmful socially.

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
     Reply #39 - August 23, 2011, 08:12 PM

This thread turns me on.

Formerly known as Iblis
     Reply #40 - August 23, 2011, 08:45 PM

What I never got is, what is the relationship between the two actions?

Its like asking: Is it okay to herd goats or swim in ice cream?

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #41 - August 23, 2011, 08:52 PM

I can tell some members here have had casual sex with their cousins they got attracted to whistling2

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #42 - August 24, 2011, 07:11 PM

What I never got is, what is the relationship between the two actions?

Its like asking: Is it okay to herd goats or swim in ice cream?

Cheesy
     Reply #43 - August 24, 2011, 07:38 PM

i had a crush on one of my first cousins when i was a teenager.
    He was sooo frackin good looking lol.  But taboo kept my
    thoughts under wraps and my speech about it silent.

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #44 - June 11, 2012, 08:09 AM

I see, i was never aware of this before.

To be honest i have seen some of my cousins having a genetic defects, both of them died sadly before they reached the age of 20 and yet they attribute their death to the will of Allah(he gives and take away what belongs to him) :(

I think these problems surface if the tradition is perpetuated generation after generation where the gene pool become severely restricted.

One of my former friends and his family inherited a condition where some female members of the family died with kidney failure before reaching the age of five.

Saying that though. I am married to my maternal cousin. Both our parents married outside the family. I have four children. The eldest used to have an eating disorder, the second has an iron deficiency, the third has no health concerns and the fourth has severe learning difficulties and has severe autism coupled with a wheat and gluten intolerance. But these things can happen to anybody. Other than that, they are very bright kids and are doing well at school and college.

I personally wouldn't repeat the whole cousin marriage scenario and would discourage others from it. Not purely because of genetics but it can lead to other family problems that become tricky to resolve.
     Reply #45 - June 11, 2012, 08:35 AM

http://www.dh.gov.uk/prod_consum_dh/groups/dh_digitalassets/@dh/@en/@ps/documents/digitalasset/dh_117961.pdf

To be completely clear about how serious genetic damage can be.  I wonder if some of the behaviours reported on this site, for example about parents forcing their children to marry someone, may actually be symptomatic of genetic damage over several generations.

Following the publication of Valuing People Now in 2009 I was asked to undertake a review of services for adults with profound intellectual and multiple disabilities and to make recommendations...

People with profound intellectual and multiple disabilities1 are among the most disabled individuals in our community. They have a profound intellectual disability, which means that their intelligence quotient is estimated to be under 20 and therefore that they have severely limited understanding2.

In addition, they have multiple disabilities, which may include impairments of vision, hearing and movement as well as other problems like epilepsy and autism.

Most people in this group are unable to walk unaided and many people have complex health needs requiring extensive help.

People with profound intellectual and multiple disabilities have great difficulty communicating; they typically have very limited understanding and express themselves through non-verbal means, or at most through using a few words or symbols. They often
    show limited evidence of intention. Some people have, in addition, problems of challenging behaviour such as self-injury.

2. This means that people with profound intellectual and multiple disabilities need high levels of support from others with most aspects of daily living: help to eat, to wash, to dress, to use the toilet, to move about and to participate in any aspect of everyday life 3.

3. Despite such serious impairments, people with profound intellectual and multiple disabilities can form relationships, make choices and enjoy activities. The people who love and care for them can often understand their personality, their mood and their preferences.

Numbers

4. Recent research4 estimates that there are just over 16,000 adults with profound intellectual and multiple disabilities in England now. That this is a relatively small, easily identifiable group with undeniable needs for support should make improving services easier.

5. The number of adults with profound intellectual and multiple disabilities is estimated to increase by on average 1.8% each year to 2026, when the total number would be just over 22,000 people. In an ‘average’ area in England with a population of 250,000 the researchers suggest this would mean that the number of adults with profound intellectual and multiple disabilities will rise from 78 in 2009 to 105 in 2026, and that the number of young people with profound intellectual and multiple disabilities becoming adults
    in any given year will rise from 3 in 2009 to 5 in 2026. These rates will be higher in communities that have a younger demographic

Adults with profound intellectual and multiple disabilities:

• have a profound learning disability and
    • have more than one disability and
    • have great difficulty communicating and
    • need high levels of support with most aspects of daily life and may have additional sensory or physical disabilities, complex health needs or mental health difficulties and may have behaviours that challenge profile or contain a greater proportion of citizens from Pakistani and Bangladeshi communities (where the incidence of learning disability is higher). The projected rates will not be influenced by level of socio-economic deprivation.

1 This phrase is the term used internationally. It refers to the same people often identified in the UK as having ‘profound and multiple learning disabilities’.
    2 World Health Organisation. (1992) ICD-10 Classification of Mental and Behavioural Disorders: Clinical descriptions and diagnostic guidelines. Geneva: World Health Organisation.
    3 PMLD Network. Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities. London: Mencap.
    4 Emerson, E. (2009) Estimating future numbers of adults with profound multiple learning disabilities in England. Lancaster: Centre for Disability Research.

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #46 - June 11, 2012, 02:22 PM

Cousin's marrying over the long term can result in health effects.  This is pretty much a known issue.  Now if you're a group of people who have married out for generations... and you just happen to fall in love with your cousin... I would say it's all good.

As to casual sex?  I think we will socially sort it all out.
    The reality is there just isn't a culture on Earth where sexuality is treated like a handshake.
    There is simply something more to it.

Sometimes there are issues of love, jealousy... that people cannot detach themselves.
    Sometimes there is an issue of dominance... screwing 'lesser' girls as is typical in Asian culture. 
    Sometimes it violates the social structure of the family unit.

All I'm going to say with respect to casual sex is that historically sex has always been somewhat of a socially regulated activity.  There's reasons for that.  Maybe this is an new age and we as a society can handle casual sex.  Maybe not.  Maybe it is screwed up now, but we'll develop new social rules on casual sex.

I've personally avoided it because I don't know how it will affect me in the grande scheme of things... and god gave me two hands for a reason.
     Reply #47 - June 11, 2012, 06:03 PM

I think these problems surface if the tradition is perpetuated generation after generation where the gene pool become severely restricted.

One of my former friends and his family inherited a condition where some female members of the family died with kidney failure before reaching the age of five.

Saying that though. I am married to my maternal cousin. Both our parents married outside the family. I have four children. The eldest used to have an eating disorder, the second has an iron deficiency, the third has no health concerns and the fourth has severe learning difficulties and has severe autism coupled with a wheat and gluten intolerance. But these things can happen to anybody. Other than that, they are very bright kids and are doing well at school and college.

I personally wouldn't repeat the whole cousin marriage scenario and would discourage others from it. Not purely because of genetics but it can lead to other family problems that become tricky to resolve.

Sorry to hear about that Omar though im glad they have turn out fine at the end.

I myself am an offspring of arranged cousin marriage luckily,everyone has turn out fine but im worried about my brother who married his first maternal cousin- she is also an offspring of cousin marriage- they already have a daughter who is one year old though she hasnt shown any sign of defect yet which is good. i wish there is a way i can discourage them from having another child but that would fall on deaf ears.

The way i see it most patriachs love to increase the size of their family that wont break and cousin marriage is the safest way for them to do so.

Reply #48 - June 21, 2012, 03:14 PM

the fact is cousins are supposed to be treated and respected like brothers and sisters. Take the example of the sikh and hindu communities they totally against inter-relations. Its only mozlems who allow and follow this practice only because their religion permits it. finmad : Huh?
     Reply #49 - June 21, 2012, 03:22 PM

the fact is cousins are supposed to be treated and respected like brothers and sisters. Take the example of the sikh and hindu communities they totally against inter-relations. Its only mozlems who allow and follow this practice only because their religion permits it. finmad : Huh?

mozlems.. yes mozlems...

That is NOT STRICTLY TRUE Mr. rabksaj.,

I can easily prove to you ., whatever is there in Islam interms of rituals, cultures/human relations., All such things were there before the birth of Islam., Including cousin marriages., It is Just Islam made it as some stupid rule by some fools.  Point is sikhs and hindus do marry cousins..

And welcome to CEMB..

SHUT UP YOU STUPID Bearded baboon Use some brain Not Sand filled Islam washed brain  you fool

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #50 - July 05, 2012, 09:31 AM

You seem to be confusing two issues: marrying someone and breeding with her. In the UK and most parts of Europe you can marry your first cousin, even if you share both sets of grandparents (i.e. both of your parents and both of her parents are  siblings). Several people have already commented on this and explained the problems that result. You can see this in books about the history of Europe. The Royal families are all related to each other and until recently carried two liver diseases, haemophilia (an X-linked disease) and porphyria. The last haemophiliac in the Royal family was son of the last Tsar. The last person with porphyria was Queen Elizabeth II's cousin, who died in the 1960s. Inbreeding limits the genetic variation of a population and can easily occur in places that are geographically isolated, especially if a proportion of them carry a genetic disease, such as the Kentish Weald people who settled in Martha's Vinyard, resulting in a large number of deaf people in the area. This is known as the Founder Effect.

Large cities such as Birmingham and Bradford are not isolated places. The problem is that immigrants are failing to marry into the host population. This has very damaging genetic effects, especially where a group who have come to live here carry genetic disorders and refuse to marry out, so the incidence of the gene rises and many children end up with two copies of a gene that, if it occurs singly, is harmless. The second problem resulting is that immigrant communities fail to integrate into society as a whole. This can easily be seen by comparing the Romany community and the Huguenots, both of whom arrived in Britain during Tudor times. The Huguenots immediately began to marry into British families, whilst the Romanies did not. Many of our major businesses were founded by Huguenots. Look at what most Romanies achieve.

Many of the children in the big cities who are the result of inbreeding do not have specific recognised genetic diseases but are what GPs euphemistically call "syndromy".

Marry your cousin by all means but before you breed from her get a DNA profile for both of you and all the relatives that you have in common. If there is a high degree of overlap and you want to have children, breed from someone  that you are not obviously related to. If you're carrying any nasty diseases, get yourself sterilised.
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »