Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Impossible to argue questionable verses with Muslims

(Read 4767 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Impossible to argue questionable verses with Muslims
     OP - August 18, 2012, 02:01 PM

To start off I'd like to present the viewpoints of my opposition. They are Qur'an alone Muslims. I used to be a Qur'an alone Muslim and I belonged to a forum called free-minds which was a place for Qur'an Alone Muslims (Quranists) to discuss things. I was a Quranist when I converted though I didn't know I was actually different than other Muslims until I discovered the hadith 1 year after I converted. I followed Islam for 3 years until deconverting a couple months ago to atheism. Now onto the problem.

Basically they reject hadith and the superstitious traditions for a more liberal and allegorical interpretation of Islam which doesn't allow for as much sexism, violence, and superstition as traditional Islam.

Anyway these guys are constantly reinterpreting the Qur'an to change the meanings of words and say that "No the Sunnis got it wrong and this verse ACTUALLY means this". They use word roots and compare other uses of the word in the Qur'an to try and say that for hundreds of years Muslims have been interpreting the Qur'an incorrectly. Basically they reject every stupid aspect of traditional Islam and reinterpret it to mean something nicely spiritual and universal. It is a very appealing way to practice Islam as it is liberal and universal.

But I feel they are just as bad as Sunnis. All they do is change meanings of words to suit their personal interpretation of Qur'an  just as Sunnis use hadith to support their own interpretation of Qur'an.

When I bring up the issues of slavery (whom your right hands possess) and being able to hit your wife (4:34) they say that the word for slaves doesn't actually mean that and that the word daraba doesn't actually mean to hit. The apologetics and the mental gymnastics never end.

It's preposterous. I can't get anywhere with them. It's so frustrating.

"The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also."
    ― Mark Twain
  • Re: Impossible to argue questionable verses with Muslims
     Reply #1 - August 18, 2012, 08:42 PM

yeah we get that type of muslims here a lot but they don't do well when they come here, their mental acrobatics don't mean much though.

The word Slave doesn't mean slave but something else, lol. what a bunch of nonsense.

Can we see any of their interpretations Huh?

Reply #2 - August 18, 2012, 11:53 PM

Here is what one of members on the forum responded to one of my topics with.. I am the user Faithful-Jinn. The italicized portions are my own words that he quoted.

What your right hands possess does not mean the ones you will marry. It does not mean that in any other place in the Qur'an nor does it mean that here.

Those whom your right hands possess refers to slaves in every occurrence of the Qur'an and to suggest otherwise is to be intellectually dishonest and willfully ignorant.

Also (prohibited are) women already married, except those whom your right hands possess:

Prohibited to you are women already married, EXCEPT for those whom your right hands possess! It could not be any more clear.

Normally, I don't take part in such disscussions, because it's frankly not my damn business if Faithful-Jinn believes in the divinity of the Quran or not.  But when I read something like that, I feel that I am obliged to butt in and have a say. I feel that I have to defend the Quran from the slanderous and demonic interpretations that have been fed to our generations by the godless criminals called "The Salaf". (By that, I mean the Judeo-Persian filth like Bukhari , Tirmizhi, and Co. who forced there "interpretations" of the Quran on us).

The term "ma malakat aymanukum" does NOT mean female sex slaves, nor does it mean "what your right  HAND possesses" . It means: "Those whom you have taken under OATH".

The word "aymanukum" is the plural of "yameen", which means OATH.

Here are some examples:

{And do not make God the subject of your casual oaths (aymanukum)}...[2:224]

{The ones who purchase with the pledge of God and their oaths (aymanuhum) a cheap price, those will have no portion in the Hereafter}...[3:77]

{And they swore by God using their strongest oaths; (aymanuhum) that if a sign came to them they would believe in it.}...[6:109]

{And fulfill your pledge to God when you pledge so, and do not break your oath (al-ayman) after making it}...[16:91]

There's plenty more where those came from.

Also, in case you didn't know, "ma malakat aymanukum" can be MALES as well. Care to read?

{And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and keep covered their private parts, and that they should not reveal their beauty except what is apparent, and let them put forth their shawls over their cleavage. And let them not reveal their beauty except to their husbands, or their fathers, or fathers of their husbands, or their sons, or the sons of their husbands, or ...... those maintained by their oaths (aymanuhunna)}...[24:31]    (note the feminin aymanuhunna - referring to those women who own male "slaves" as you put it).

So does the above verse mean that believing women are also allowed to keep male sex slaves?

I guess the Judeo-Persian scumbags who wrote "Islamic History" and served it to our generations on a  golden platter must have covered that part with their thumbs when they "interpreted" the Quran.

The Quran is not talking about sex slaves or war captives, as the criminal Salaf, who spread Islam by the sword later on, would have you believe. It is talking about those unfortunate males and females who are financially dependant on others, and have no-one to spend on them. As a result, the believing man (or woman)  takes those unfortunate people under their wing, and into their household, and SWEARS an OATH (yameen) to support them and take care of them.

Now if a believing man should happen to want to marry one of those women under his oath, then the Quran says he must PAY THE DOWRY and HAVE THE PERMISSION OF HER PARENTS, if she is not yet an adult:

Care to read?

{And whoever of you cannot afford to marry the independent female believers, then from those maintained by your oaths (aymanukum) of the believing young women. And God is more aware of your faith, some of you to each other. You shall marry them with the permission of their parents and give them their dowries in kindness; to be independent, not for illicit sex or taking lovers}...[4:25]

Does this sound to you like they are slaves to be bedded unconditionally?

Finally, during Muhammad's time (I mean the REAL Muhammad, not the Judeo-Persian abomination that the Muslims have idolized), certain non-believing women who were married to like men who were idol-worshippers or rejecters, eventually embraced the faith, and became believing women. As a reslut, they were no longer lawful for their husbands. Some could not even live with their husbands anymore, and went to seek assylum in  Muhammad's commnity. As a result, those women became financially dependant. The Quran gave a solution to this, and instructed believing men to test those women to make sure they were truly faithful, then to take them under their OATH. So they became "malakat aymanukum".

Care to read?

{O you who believe, if the believing women come emigrating to you, then you shall test them. God is fully aware of their belief. Thus, if you establish that they are believers, then you shall not return them to the rejecters. They are no longer lawful for one another. And return the dowries that were paid. And there is no sin upon you to marry them, if you have paid their dowries to them. And do not keep disbelieving wives, and ask back what dowries you paid. And let them ask back what dowries they had paid. Such is the judgment of God; He judges between you. God is Knowledgeable, Wise.}...[60:10]

As you can see, that is only case where a believing man can marry an already married woman, in order to bring them under OATH of support and protection.

So when you read, in [4:24,25], about permitting the Muslim man to marry the "already married women" who are now under OATH, you know that its talking about those same women mentioned in 60:10. It all becomes crystal clear when you use the Quran to interpret the Quran. But if you insist on resorting to the Judeo-Persian bullshit that has been peddled as the tru Islamic history, and reach absurd conclusions as a result, then you have no-one to blame but your self.

And if you had the intellectually honesty to look at Islamic history and the history of Muhammad's own lifetime you would see that this is how the verse was interpreted.

The history of Muhamad??  :rotfl:  That's a howler.  Do you even know who Muhammad was? Do the so-called "Muslims" know?  There is no such thing as "Islamic History" . There is only Islamic GARBAGE. Our so-called "history" has been written by a league of Jews and Persians who conspired together to hijack it. The Muhammad you know and hear about is a MYTH. The Muhammad who was born in 570 A.D, in the rotten and lifeless Hijaz Desert, who circumbulated a black cube covered with a filthy black rag, and kissed a volcanic stone placed inside a vulva-shaped container,  then rode a winged horse to Palestine is a MYTH. And teh people who made up that Muhammad, are teh SAME ONES who interpreted "Ma Malakat Aymanukum" as "female sex slaves". Until you realize that, you are not qualified to "interpret" the Quran. The  alleged  "Sahaba" (Companions) Omar, Abu Bakr, Othman, Ali....the whole lot, did not live during Muhammad's time, nor did they have any relationship to him whatsoever. Can you prove the existance of Aisha? Before you debate if "Muhammad the Pedofile"  - a mythical figure created by the Judeo-Persian dogs whose descendants are reading these very posts and laughing at us this very moment - married Aisha when she was 6, 9, 13, or whatever, prove to me that Aisha even existed.. If you can prove Robin Hood of English folklore existed, then you can do the same for figures like "Aisha" and "Hafsa".

Here is the truth: Anything about "Islamic History"  not mentioned in the Quran or confirmed by archeology or solid physical evidence is worth no more than a pile of horse excrement. The ENTIRE CORPUS of hadith, tradition, and history books, from cover to cover, are not worth the paper they were printed on.

"The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also."
    ― Mark Twain
     Reply #3 - August 19, 2012, 03:29 AM

To start off I'd like to present the viewpoints of my opposition. They are Qur'an alone Muslims. I used to be a Qur'an alone Muslim and I belonged to a forum called free-minds which was a place for Qur'an Alone Muslims (Quranists) to discuss things. .............................

It's preposterous. I can't get anywhere with them. It's so frustrating.

you seem to get frustrated so easily Devolution.,  You need lot more patience to discuss such subjects at freemind.org

Here is what one of members on the forum responded to one of my topics with.. I am the user Faithful-Jinn. The italicized portions are my own words that he quoted.

Hmm   My good friend   [Edip Yuksel] turning in to a  19ers bug ..lol..

Hello Devolution;   say to Edip Yukse.,   "Yeezevee  sends  after Eid "   greetings and good wishes".. But I am glad to read from him at that link

Edip: Personally, I also have some problems with some of the verses of the Quran,

Hmm., He has the problems with some verses??  Well I am glad to know he is still evolving and he came a long way to say that  from the days that he was in "Turkish Prison" . Lucky Edip., from there he moved to US of A., otherwise with his hot temper(at that time) he would have been on some Brothelhood of Egypt..

Anyways welcome to CEMB..

boy I see   muddy there., I wonder it is CEMB muddy?

this is good one to read from Edip...

The US-Appointed Sunni Caliph is Naked by Edip

great picture..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lofgsQW6rhM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #4 - August 19, 2012, 08:06 AM

@ Devolution:

I have never dealt with the Sex Slave issue, I simply thought that the translations such as WHAT UR RIGHT HAND POSSESSES refers to slaves, I have no idea what the translation of these words are, in order for us to see what this words really mean in the quran they have to be read in context as everything else and we have to check Lane's Lexicon, Lisan Ul Arab, Al Jalaylan and some other sources to see the meaning of these words, I would like to know what is the source of this guy's ramble, where did he find that kind of translation.

I mostly deal with Scientific Miracles in the Quran, I have never dealt with this issue before but if u are able to check Lisan Ul Arab or Lane's Lexicon and their translations on this issue then I think the issue will be solved pretty quickly.

Reply #5 - August 20, 2012, 09:42 AM

The guys that have given the new interpretation to "what your right hands possess" are Muhammad Asad, an Austrian Jew who became a Muslim in the 80s, and some guy called Dr. Shabbir Ahmed.

They point out that the 4:33 also uses the word "aymanukum" (أيمانكم) to refer to oaths. The same translators that translate "aymanukum" as right hand in 4.24, translate it as oaths in 4.33.

My Arabic is not nearly good enough to make heads or tails of this. How is "aymanukum" (أيمانكم) translated as right hand anyway? What part of the word means "hand" and what part means "right"?

Google translate uses يد يمنى for right hand.

The history of Muhamad??  :rotfl:  That's a howler.  Do you even know who Muhammad was? Do the so-called "Muslims" know?  There is no such thing as "Islamic History" . There is only Islamic GARBAGE. Our so-called "history" has been written by a league of Jews and Persians who conspired together to hijack it......

Here is the truth: Anything about "Islamic History"  not mentioned in the Quran or confirmed by archeology or solid physical evidence is worth no more than a pile of horse excrement. The ENTIRE CORPUS of hadith, tradition, and history books, from cover to cover, are not worth the paper they were printed on.

I would put people who hold these opinions into the same category as holocaust deniers. On what grounds do you reject the entire history of Islam yet still hold the Koran itself to be 100% accurate and totally unchanged since the time of Muhammad? This is the equivalent of someone denying that the holocaust ever happened and rejecting the entire history of the Second World War except what we can infer from reading Mein Kampf.
     Reply #6 - August 22, 2012, 08:28 AM

quranists are so stupid ...they try to argue Arabic using English translations of quran ..... they learn arabic from verses of quran instead of learning verses of quran using arabic....

Disbelief doesn't justify getting tortured in eternal hell
     Reply #7 - August 22, 2012, 08:33 AM

quranists are so stupid ...they try to argue Arabic using English translations of quran ..... they learn arabic from verses of quran instead of learning verses of quran using arabic....

that is a good one.. lol

Yes..  "Quranist Muslim intellectuals Learn Arabic language from Quarn instead of learning Arabic  language first before poking quran"

Reply #8 - August 22, 2012, 04:37 PM

The guys that have given the new interpretation to "what your right hands possess" are Muhammad Asad, an Austrian Jew who became a Muslim in the 80s, and some guy called Dr. Shabbir Ahmed.

They point out that the 4:33 also uses the word "aymanukum" (أيمانكم) to refer to oaths. The same translators that translate "aymanukum" as right hand in 4.24, translate it as oaths in 4.33.

My Arabic is not nearly good enough to make heads or tails of this. How is "aymanukum" (أيمانكم) translated as right hand anyway? What part of the word means "hand" and what part means "right"?

Quranists are shit in arabic as i said they try to learn[or confuse others in] arabic using translations and without getting into the pronunciation and how words are written .....

oaths=aymāna
    your oaths=aymānikum
    your right hand=aymānukum
    their right hand=aymānuhum

for more details check out http://corpus.quran.com/qurandictionary.jsp?q=ymn#(2:225:6)

Reply #9 - August 22, 2012, 04:53 PM

for 4:33...not ALL TRANSLATORS have translated it in oaths..

4:33 (M.M Pickthal) And unto each We have appointed heirs of that which parents and near kindred leave; and as for those with whom your right hands have made a covenant, give them their due. Lo! Allah is ever Witness over all things.

4:33 (Shakir) And to every one We have appointed heirs of what parents and near relatives leave; and as to those with whom your rights hands have ratified agreements, give them their portion; surely Allah is a witness over all things.

4:33 (Yousuf Ali) To (benefit) every one, We have appointed shares and heirs to property left by parents and relatives. To those, also, to whom your right hand was pledged, give their due portion. For truly Allah is witness to all things.

4:33 (Abdel Haleem) We have appointed heirs for everything that parents and close relatives leave behind, including those to whom you have pledged your hands [in marriage], so give them their share: God is witness to everything.

4:33 (Hamid S Aziz) To every one have we appointed sharers (heirs, kinfolk, partners) to property left by parents and relatives. And to those with whom you have joined right hands (made pledges, contracts, marriages), give them also their portion. For, verily, Allah is Witness

4:33 (Syed Vickar Ahmed) To (benefit) everyone, We have appointed sharers and heirs to property left by parents and relatives. To those also, to whom your right hand pledged, give their due portion. Truly Allah is Total Witness (Shaheed) to all things.

http://www.islamawakened.com/quran/4/33/default.htm

The word (amaynukum) here do not means "slave" because it is preceded by the word "aqadat" which means pledged. so there is a difference between whole words...quranists take every word separately.

word by word from corpus quran http://corpus.quran.com/wordbyword.jsp?chapter=4&verse=33

The main thing that quranists ignore and knowingly do not bring is the word "ma malakat" in verses where it talks about "female slaves"....the word "ma malakat" means "what possess"  so "ma malakat aymanuhum" becomes "what possesses their right hands"
    http://corpus.quran.com/wordbyword.jsp?chapter=23&verse=6

Reply #10 - August 22, 2012, 04:59 PM

@Devolution ..all the verses that the person quoted to you debunk his claims and show how dishonest these people are...he wrote "aymanikum" as "aymanukum" ....and aymanihim as ayamnuhum

Reply #11 - August 23, 2012, 09:01 AM

Thanks a lot for your detailed replies Azdaha. Those are really helpful.

oaths=aymāna
    your oaths=aymānikum
    your right hand=aymānukum
    their right hand=aymānuhum

But without the diacritic markings, these 2 words (your oaths and your right hand) are spelt identically in Arabic right? And since the diacritic markings were added later, Quranists could argue that they were added wrong....

The word (amaynukum) here do not means "slave" because it is preceded by the word "aqadat" which means pledged.

Thanks for that. Now I see that it does mean "pledged" because the root "عقد" means "contract". Before when I was putting the word into google translate it was giving me "held" or "had", which is a pretty similar meaning to "ملكت"

The main thing that quranists ignore and knowingly do not bring is the word "ma malakat" in verses where it talks about "female slaves"....the word "ma malakat" means "what possess"  so "ma malakat aymanuhum" becomes "what possesses their right hands"
    http://corpus.quran.com/wordbyword.jsp?chapter=23&verse=6

But I think that the contrast between "ملكت" and "عقدت" is even stronger because "ملكت" does not mean simply to possess but also to "rule over" right? It signifies authority, hence the Arabic word for King = "ملك".

Reply #12 - August 23, 2012, 03:04 PM

But without the diacritic markings, these 2 words (your oaths and your right hand) are spelt identically in Arabic right? And since the diacritic markings were added later, Quranists could argue that they were added wrong....

they can't because then they have to agree that whole quran is fucked up and no one can understand it because i can take any pronunciation i like and it can change the whole meaning of verse.

But I tried reading using their translation of right hand possesses ...the translation is something like this
    "from their wives and those possessed by their oaths". Now who are these women of "oaths" ? If they are wives then why to mention them separately ?

Thanks for that. Now I see that it does mean "pledged" because the root "عقد" means "contract". Before when I was putting the word into google translate it was giving me "held" or "had", which is a pretty similar meaning to "ملكت"

yes its word to word is like "pledged your right hand" ...i think [but not sure] that its a type of idiom which means to take oath or have an agreement/contract.

But I think that the contrast between "ملكت" and "عقدت" is even stronger because "ملكت" does not mean simply to possess but also to "rule over" right? It signifies authority, hence the Arabic word for King = "ملك".

yeah you are right....
    Word "malak" is appeared as proper noun in quran many times as "malik" which means "owner" that is why we say "Allah is maalik"

Reply #13 - August 23, 2012, 05:35 PM

From a who is right/logical perspective, Koran only Muslims make no sense at all.  
    You cannot understand the Koran without the Hadith.  Just to give one of a million examples:
    --------------

[2.223] Your wives are a tilth for you, so go into your tilth when you like, and do good beforehand for yourselves, and be careful (of your duty) to Allah, and know that you will meet Him, and give good news to the believers.

How did it come about?

Narrated Jabir: Jews used to say: "If one has sexual intercourse with his wife from the back, then she will deliver a squint-eyed child." So this Verse was revealed:-- "Your wives are a tilth unto you; so go to your tilth when or how you will." (2.223)

Bukhari (Book #60, Hadith #51)

Basically the verse legalizes doggy style.  have sex with your wives in any position.
    --------------

Now if you're just reading the Koran that verse can mean many things.  Women are objects.  You can play with the Arabic to say women are like plants and need to be nurtured... blah blah blah... and a million other things.

In reality... when you read the hadith... you understand the verse, its context, and it makes sense.  It also makes sense from a historical perspective.  You'll find this all over the koran.  Versus make no sense in context, until you read the hadith to get the context.  Yeah, concubines, female slaves... we know they were part of the ancient world... and very much a part of the Arab culture from those days.  It makes historical sense they would talk about it.

Most Muslims think the Koran was revealed like a revelation.  Mohamed went into a cave, received revelation, and told people about it.
    If you read the hadith, you will understand that is not how MOST of the koran came into being.  Most of it was Mohamed encounters situation just as any other leader would... takes a step back... has revelation... and it becomes part of the koran.

------------------------------
    Now, all the criticism of Quran only Muslims aside.  It is hard for people to give up on faith and their whole belief system.  Put the choice to Muslims as being athiest or Sunni Muslim... and most would choose Sunni Islam as that is what they know.  I know, my mother no longer refers to herself as a Sunni Muslim, but just as a Muslim... after our many discussion on the hadith and rituals...  But I don't think she'll ever drop the Muslim label, and I don't push it.

In the greater societal aspect of it all, I support Quran only Muslims as they accomplish 99% of what needs to happen to Islam.  Modernize.  Ignore the ways of 1400 years ago...  Heck, most of us wouldn't be so anti-Islam if most of Islam was Koran-only Muslims.  It would be like many other semi-modern religions/spiritual avenues.  A place to mediate and reflect every once in a while.  A few religious occasions....  

Reply #14 - August 23, 2012, 06:08 PM

Back when I briefly flirted with the qur’an–alone thing, I broke away from it because I did as the people suggested and looked at Islam using the qur’an alone. My thoughts went like this (remember, I was a believer at the time):

Qur’an is perfect and from god. But oh look, god says that he is changing the qiblah to Mecca in the qur’an. Where did the original edict to pray away from Mecca come from? It’s not in the qur’an! So it must have been an extra–qur’anic revelation (since Muhammad couldn’t have simply made it up himself). Therefore, lo and behold: extra–qur’anic revelations are real, which means that qur’an–alone is bollocks.
     Reply #15 - August 23, 2012, 07:37 PM

"The term "ma malakat aymanukum" does NOT mean female sex slaves, nor does it mean "what your right  HAND possesses" . It means: "Those whom you have taken under OATH".

The word "aymanukum" is the plural of "yameen", which means OATH."

Huh?

what your oaths own?
    Wouldn't that be more like man malaktum min ayman under their reading?
     Reply #16 - August 24, 2012, 12:01 AM

Ok I see how he's reading it now. I never really thought the whole ma malakat aymanakum thing was totally clear, but that reading is even less intuitive. The weird part is that in that whole rant he didn't address the exception in  "except those MMA." Even under his interpretation where these women aren't slave women and they're women you've taken in to give a home to because they're poor, you're still left with a reading that says you can marry them even if they're already married.

So in this story the Quran has either allowed polyandry, though you can only marry women who are already married if they're financially dependent on you (or, from the other end, if a woman wants a second husband she has to first destitute herself, become financially dependent on the prospective second husband, and only then can she finally enjoy her man sandwhich), or it allows you to abuse women who are financially dependent on you by forcing them to marry you even if they don't want to.

Yeah, you know what? The interpretation that makes them slave girls is more sensible.

It's worth noting that you don't use ma for people, you use man. I'm not exactly well read in Arabic but I don't remember seeing ma used in this way, someone can correct me if I'm wrong. It's a little extra bit of dehumanization to refer to the slave women as objects, and while I'd normally see this as a reason to doubt what the Quran means by MMA, in the context of who you can marry it undoubtedly does not refer to objects.

Edit:oops, I meant polyandry
     Reply #17 - August 24, 2012, 01:36 AM

you seem to get frustrated so easily Devolution.,  You need lot more patience to discuss such subjects at freemind.org

Hmm   My good friend   [Edip Yuksel] turning in to a  19ers bug ..lol..

Hello Devolution;   say to Edip Yukse.,   "Yeezevee  sends  after Eid "   greetings and good wishes".. But I am glad to read from him at that link
    Hmm., He has the problems with some verses??  Well I am glad to know he is still evolving and he came a long way to say that  from the days that he was in "Turkish Prison" . Lucky Edip., from there he moved to US of A., otherwise with his hot temper(at that time) he would have been on some Brothelhood of Egypt..

Anyways welcome to CEMB..

boy I see   muddy there., I wonder it is CEMB muddy?

this is good one to read from Edip...

The US-Appointed Sunni Caliph is Naked by Edip

(Clicky for piccy!)

great picture..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lofgsQW6rhM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Yeezevee please help! It has been a long time since I have remembered one word of Arabic that I had to study in high school. What is that man in the video whining about? His on going crying sound like the the same tone as the begging preachers of Christendom when they are telling their never ending lies.

If at first you succeed...try something harder.

Failing isn't falling down. Failing is not getting back up again.
     Reply #18 - August 24, 2012, 05:46 AM

I find it a waste of time and a big mesh of grey and am more and more avoiding points based on scriptures.

As nobody truely understands what ancient languages mean religionists(not just muslims) can perform lynguistic gymnastics as a get out of jail free card.

Conversly cos verses/words have multiple translations meanings it can work against the religionist too, as they are unable to prove they have the right translation/interpretation of it.
     Reply #19 - August 24, 2012, 09:01 AM

Now, all the criticism of Quran only Muslims aside.  It is hard for people to give up on faith and their whole belief system.  Put the choice to Muslims as being athiest or Sunni Muslim... and most would choose Sunni Islam as that is what they know.  I know, my mother no longer refers to herself as a Sunni Muslim, but just as a Muslim... after our many discussion on the hadith and rituals...  But I don't think she'll ever drop the Muslim label, and I don't push it.

I agree 100%. In fact that is the way I see Islam evolving. The more Muslims feel forced to defend embarrassing stuff in the hadiths, the more they will choose to reject them and seek solace in the Koran alone. In the same way that Christians can claim that a Bible verse is metaphorical or is simply a human error / interpretation of what happened (but Muslims cannot do that because the Koran is supposedly direct from God)

In the greater societal aspect of it all, I support Quran only Muslims as they accomplish 99% of what needs to happen to Islam.  Modernize.  Ignore the ways of 1400 years ago...  Heck, most of us wouldn't be so anti-Islam if most of Islam was Koran-only Muslims.  It would be like many other semi-modern religions/spiritual avenues.  A place to mediate and reflect every once in a while.  A few religious occasions....  

I understand where you are coming from but I respectfully disagree. The Koran encourages domestic violence, it sanctions warfare against kafirs, it tells Muslims they are superior to non-Muslims and it encourages them to denegrate non-Muslims. Religions as a whole put huge restrictions on human enquiry and endeavour. The idea that we do not need to look after this planet because if it gets destroyed then that is God's plan, that is a very dangerous way to live. The concept that humans are just waiting for doomsday renders scientific inquiry and space exploration totally pointless.

Furthermore, from a functionalist perspective, the Koran only Muslims are like "useful idiots". They can be cited as a way to get out of tricky debates. They can be used to show a softer face of Islam to the West whilst elsewhere the harder side of Islam can continue to be imposed on people whether they like it or not.
     Reply #20 - August 24, 2012, 10:31 AM

the quran isn't less violent/idiotic then hadith.

The only difference is that becos it's like 5% the length of hadith, it contains less content.
     Reply #21 - August 24, 2012, 01:06 PM

the quran isn't less violent/idiotic then hadith.

The only difference is that becos it's like 5% the length of hadith, it contains less content.

exactly..... quran is a poetry and poetry do not have details ....

what quran only and moderate/liberal muslims do they ignore all violent verses and always bring the verses like following

2:190 Fight in the way of Allah those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed. Allah does not like transgressors.

Reply #22 - August 24, 2012, 01:42 PM

Wow thanks for all the responses everyone.

You guys really have no idea how good at mental gymnastics the Quranists are though. There isn't a single questionable verse in the Qur'an that they can't change or reinterpret.

They change the meaning of every word that puts Islam in a bad light and keep the rest. I'll take what I've learned here though and try to present it to them. Not that they'll accept it anyway. They hate Sunni Islam and hadith more than any non-Muslim ever could. Any translation that goes along with the traditional translations is seen as "hadither poison".

― Mark Twain
     Reply #23 - August 24, 2012, 03:57 PM

@Devolution

if they bring new translation of 4:34 which mentions "separate from them" instead of "beat them" .... debunk them using the following link

http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Beat_your_wives_or_%22separate_from_them%22%3F_(Quran_4-34)

Reply #24 - August 03, 2015, 12:16 PM

Edip Yuksel (E) Why Quran Alone? 1/2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzCy9tagxjc

Edip Yuksel (E) Why Quran Alone? 2/2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlLgJCDXsMs

Reply #25 - August 03, 2015, 04:52 PM

I wonder if that person sees the irony in calling our Muslim predecessors for "Judeo-Persian" and "Salafi" scumbags, while at the same time relying on a supposedly holy book he would have no access to if it weren't for the very same scumbags he is insulting time again in various derogatory ways.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »