Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Private threads

(Read 4449 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Private threads
     OP - August 07, 2012, 11:01 PM

It would be great if there was a way to post a thread where you could select which members would be able to view it.

If anyone could see the threads by making an account, they might be able to connect the dots and identify you in RL if they happen to know you.

That's why I'd prefer if for certain threads, I could select the regulars and only they'd be allowed to view it. Obviously admins/mods would be able to view them all the time.

Yeah an I am super ugly, I can't even beat my chest am too skinny and when I roaaar to attract women, they laugh at me, because it sounds like a girl screaming. I can't even attract any bitches!  Cry

• Re: Restricted threads
     Reply #1 - August 07, 2012, 11:06 PM

Isn't it a better idea to just not post any sensitive information on the forum or elsewhere on the internet.

Without your real name, address,age , telephone, real email, picture,workplace or school it would be near impossible to identify who you are in real life.   Even if you post your picture in the post a pic thread just remove it after a few days like most of us do  Smiley

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • Re: Restricted threads
     Reply #2 - August 07, 2012, 11:09 PM

Right, I'm talking about things like a convo I had with someone, if that person happened to come about on this site and looked around, and saw the thread, he'd know who I was.

Yeah an I am super ugly, I can't even beat my chest am too skinny and when I roaaar to attract women, they laugh at me, because it sounds like a girl screaming. I can't even attract any bitches!  Cry

• Re: Private threads
     Reply #3 - August 07, 2012, 11:16 PM

Or even a new sub-forum where the mods only give the regulars access would be quite good.

Reply #4 - August 08, 2012, 12:40 AM

There is the Shelter/sanctuary for that kind of thing where only staff and a few select regular members could see it or respond.

"The greatest general is not the one who can take the most cities or spill the most blood. The greatest general is the one who can take Heaven and Earth without waging the battle." ~ Sun Tzu

Reply #5 - August 08, 2012, 01:41 AM

Cool, I thought only staff could see the posts there. Can we see which members are allowed to read posts there?  cool2

Reply #6 - August 08, 2012, 05:53 AM

There is the Shelter/sanctuary for that kind of thing where only staff and a few select regular members could see it or respond.

You should let him see the thread about him. It's been going on long enough.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #7 - August 08, 2012, 06:15 AM

It would be great if there was a way to post a thread where you could select which members would be able to view it.

If anyone could see the threads by making an account, they might be able to connect the dots and identify you in RL if they happen to know you.

That's why I'd prefer if for certain threads, I could select the regulars and only they'd be allowed to view it. Obviously admins/mods would be able to view them all the time.

I'm puzzled by this. If you want privacy, perhaps the internet is not the right place for it.

Keep a diary. Talk to a friend. Send private message to CEMB members you trust.

But I suppose they could redesign the whole forum for your convenience.
     Reply #8 - August 08, 2012, 06:23 AM

I've always liked the idea of the 'kick' option from a thread.

I used to be joined to a place where the starter of the thread could block trolls and assholes from said thread just by hitting the kick button.

But I can see how that would have the potential to be over used on this forum, kicking people can be fun.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #9 - August 08, 2012, 06:34 AM

These boots are made for kicking...
     Reply #10 - August 08, 2012, 07:08 AM

Lol according to my brother I am this woman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tefvlBpsAxE

The dirtier her boots get the harder they kick.  Grin

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #11 - August 08, 2012, 08:01 AM

Ichigo is Japanese for strawberry.
     Reply #12 - August 08, 2012, 08:45 AM

You should let him see the thread about him. It's been going on long enough.

Huh?  cool2

Which names did I get called  cool2

I'm puzzled by this. If you want privacy, perhaps the internet is not the right place for it.

Keep a diary. Talk to a friend. Send private message to CEMB members you trust.

But I suppose they could redesign the whole forum for your convenience.

I don't live in Europe or the U.S. I pretty much can't tell anyone that I'm an ex apart from this forum.

Reply #13 - August 08, 2012, 08:47 AM

All the names.

Reply #14 - August 08, 2012, 08:56 AM

Send me a screenie

Reply #15 - August 08, 2012, 09:00 AM

Reply #16 - August 08, 2012, 09:02 AM

403 forbidden.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »