Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Is it possible to boycott Saudi oil?

(Read 8074 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Is it possible to boycott Saudi oil?
     OP - August 03, 2012, 12:54 PM

Out here in the US a lot of Hispanics don't go to Citgo gas/petrol stations because the oil comes from venezuela.

Me personally I would prefer to fund Chavez than the Saudis, not that I am a Chavista or anything, I just think that he is not half as bad as most Middle Eastern dictators.

So I was wondering if there are any petroleum companies that are known for getting their oil from Saudi Arabia, or do most of them get a portion of it from there?
  • Re: Is it possible to boycott Saudi oil?
     Reply #1 - August 03, 2012, 02:49 PM

It's not possible. The oil from the ME is fungible for the most part. Once it goes on the oil markets it gets boughtixed etc by all the oil companies.

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #2 - August 03, 2012, 02:50 PM

I think a better question would be :  Is there a strong enough reason to convince the politicians that they should boycott saudi oil  ??

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #3 - August 03, 2012, 03:16 PM

I like the word 'fungible'

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #4 - August 03, 2012, 03:21 PM

In a few more decades, when most cars run on renewable energy, I suppose the world can afford to do without Saudi oil. Amirite? :/

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #5 - August 03, 2012, 04:21 PM

In a few more decades, when most cars run on renewable energy, I suppose the world can afford to do without Saudi oil. Amirite? :/

But people have been saying this for decades and it still has not happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9RcYc5wx5k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKgpXDs25TI
     Reply #6 - September 12, 2012, 07:45 AM

Saudi oil is swing oil, i.e. they're main power is that when oil production drops, or demand increases, they can ramp up production massively. But also, it's impossibly to ban the location of oil, as it's all refined all over the place.

How can you reason with someone who hasn't used reason to get there in the first place?

-Jonathan Swift.

OH GURL
     Reply #7 - September 12, 2012, 02:26 PM

So I was wondering if there are any petroleum companies that are known for getting their oil from Saudi Arabia, or do most of them get a portion of it from there?

You can start from here

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #8 - September 13, 2012, 05:46 AM

You can stop driving oil based cars, take the train, ride a bike, or buy a hybrid / electric car.

Yeah an I am super ugly, I can't even beat my chest am too skinny and when I roaaar to attract women, they laugh at me, because it sounds like a girl screaming. I can't even attract any bitches!  Cry

Reply #9 - August 06, 2015, 11:36 AM

A prediction here that Saudi Arabia is facing a major crisis over falling oil prices and competition with shale fracking:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/oilprices/11768136/Saudi-Arabia-may-go-broke-before-the-US-oil-industry-buckles.html

Discussion onTwitter:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AmbroseEP/status/629045028128727040
     Reply #10 - August 06, 2015, 06:30 PM

We really need to not just boycott Saudi oil but stop immediately burning all fossil fuels.  It is  already too late to keep to 2 degrees because change is exponential.

So yes a world of bikes, horses and sailing ships but steam punked!

Electric cars are actually equal to gas guzzling SUV's when you add in the coal burning power station that generates the electricity.

I am puzzled when the facts are easily available why it is everyone seems happy with very small tweaks.  Fiddling while Rome burns?

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #11 - August 06, 2015, 07:55 PM

Back in the 1950s it was American companies that found the oil there and developed all the technology to drill it out of the ground. They have been sitting on their arses relying on that exact same American technology for 65 years without bothering to diversify their economy much. Meanwhile American companies have kept innovating and developed newer oil extracting technologies to ruin their market share. Pretty pathetic when you think about it.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »