Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: my story....

(Read 4192 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • my story....
     OP - August 05, 2012, 09:45 PM

It began when I was on my android phone searching through e-books a fw months ago, I came across the book "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins. It was only $1.99 and had thousands of positive reviews. I bought it  thinking it would be an entertaining read, hearing the case against God. I never imagined that a single book could so badly shatter my belief God.

I remember first being struck by Darwins theory of evolution and the processes of natural selection. It all just seemed so simple, elegant and yet obvious. Even though I've heard of these theories before, I don't think I understood them, or took them seriously enough.  It turned out that the age old underlying "proofs" of the existance of God, namely the existance of humans and the diversity of life on earth could be explained by these simple natural phenomena, and the evidence for it was overwhelming.

But there was always the question of how was something created from nothing? A lot of people are consumed by this question, but for some reason this question never seemed that important to me. There was no point in giving God the benefit of the doubt for the gaps of knowledge we have now, because we have given God so much credit in the past for the things we thought were mysterious or didn't understand, but later did.

I searched some Islamic sites looking for their take on these things but was not convinced with their answers. Some would say such theories may be plausible and did not contradict Islam while others simply denied it, while at the same time sticking with the "adam and eve" story. I knew i was on to something big because the monotheistic religions taught all man came from Adam and Eve, but the evidence clearly showed otherwise. I decided to settle it by looking for some the scientific miracles in the Quran my highschool teacher always talked about.

This inadverdently led me to do something I've never done before, look at Islam from a critical perspective. Long story (very) short, I was disappointed to find anything of substance. The more I read, the more suspicious I get about Islam and its origins.  Islam just seemed to borrow an awful lot of ideas/traditions/sripture from Eastern Christianity with a mixture of local traditions. The history of Hadiths was even more unnerving, was surprised to learn the vast collections of Hadiths were written by men at least 200 years after prophet Muhammads death.....

I'm a bit bored of typing now so I'll share more later.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward
  • Re: my story....
     Reply #1 - August 05, 2012, 09:51 PM

Hi - nice introduction  Smiley

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #2 - August 05, 2012, 10:44 PM

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #3 - August 06, 2012, 12:00 AM

Welcome to the forum bro Smiley have a Parrot  parrot

Reply #4 - August 06, 2012, 12:31 AM

Welcome hun ... have a bunny?  bunny
    Oh and don't mind Yeezevee ... he's harmless really. All bark and no bite Tongue

"The more powerful and original a mind, the more it will incline toward the religion of solitude."

"i used to steal my sisters barbies so i could take their clothes off and perv on them" - prince spinoza
     Reply #5 - August 06, 2012, 01:42 AM

hi and welcome.. (i bite)..
     Reply #6 - August 06, 2012, 02:07 AM

Hey Welcome to the forum  signwelcome 

Your deconversion experience is very similar to mines.   Looking forward to seeing you join in the discussion  Afro

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #7 - August 06, 2012, 02:21 AM

Welcome Smiley

Have you heard the good news? There is no God!
     Reply #8 - August 07, 2012, 06:47 AM

Thanks guys Smiley

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward
     Reply #9 - August 07, 2012, 12:13 PM

Thanks guys Smiley

hipsterrunoff...    hipsterrunoff??  Hip, Stir,  run,   off??

hmm. ..  ...    You are welcome  ..  well, don't run off.,   but be careful ., There are some worst biters around ., They bite you  so hard  you will not know what bit you..

You know take it easy..Life is simple..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #10 - August 08, 2012, 12:24 AM

Welcome - nice intro! Smiley
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »