Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Turan Dursun- the Turkish Mufti that quit Islam

(Read 16371 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Turan Dursun- the Turkish Mufti that quit Islam
     OP - July 31, 2012, 12:12 PM

Here is the information about Turan Dursun:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turan_Dursun

He quit Islam and wrote books critical of it during the last years of his life.
  • Re: Turan Dursun- the Turkish Mufti that quit Islam
     Reply #1 - July 31, 2012, 12:16 PM

Thanks, never hear of him before

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #2 - July 31, 2012, 12:22 PM

Thanks, never hear of him before

Now you heard of him, your knowledge increases by a span Billy.
     Reply #3 - July 31, 2012, 12:26 PM

Can't find any English translation of his books on Amazon or elsewhere. Shame.

God is Love.

Reply #4 - July 31, 2012, 12:36 PM

Can't find any English translation of his books on Amazon or elsewhere. Shame.

Check here Billy:

http://www.turandursun.net/

I am always volunteer to help those in need.
     Reply #5 - July 31, 2012, 12:38 PM

I clicked on that and the website seems to be dead - a cached copy is there

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.turandursun.net/

Its a shame, because the essays seem worth reading

God is Love.

Reply #6 - July 31, 2012, 01:09 PM

I have heard of this fellow and read some of his material in English, which is directly translated from Turkish.
     Reply #7 - July 31, 2012, 07:08 PM

Interesting Smiley, never heard of him, thanks a lot.

I speak Turkish since I studied in a Turkish High school but I am not sure how well will I do reading his books in Turkish because it has been 8 years since I finished High school and have practiced my Turkish very little.

Reply #8 - July 31, 2012, 08:58 PM

Here is the information about Turan Dursun:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turan_Dursun

He quit Islam and wrote books critical of it during the last years of his life.

Ha! So many unheard souls Thank you for making his name public in CEMB Shinsengumi ..

Turan Dursun (1934, Şarkışla, Sivas Province – 4 September 1990, Istanbul)  ..He was eventually assassinated on September 4, 1990, outside his home in Istanbul.

That is allah hooo akbaaar fucking brothelhood effect on across middle east ., Well let us add more information on the forgotten soul..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #9 - July 31, 2012, 09:13 PM

Turkey lacks serious, fearless, rational intellects that should be taking on the fundamental virus in society: religion. Advanced nations are almost revelling in the discussion between atheists and the religious. Godless books are being read by millions, scientists are presenting prime-time documentaries and the most ruthless and beautiful literary attacks on faith are taking place in the printed press.  Turkish society, however, is finding it hard to openly discuss the underlying subject of faith. Discussion is limited to events and people, and not ground breaking, refreshing thought.

Writer Aziz Nesin was the last open criticiser of religion until his death in 1995. He was nearly burned alive in Sivas in 1993, when he survived an arson attack on the hotel he and many other intellectuals were staying at. 37 people were killed and Nesin was beaten as he was being “rescued” by a firefighter.

One man, however, had devoted his life to nothing but the study, and then later, the criticism of religion in the hostile social landscape of Turkey. His name was Turan Dursun, and not even many Turks today are aware of his astonishing life. He took religion head on, and he paid the price, as he expected, by being killed in 1990.

Dursun was a man who’s life showed dramatic change in the most unlikely circumstances. From the rural villages of eastern Turkey, with nothing but a religious upbringing, Dursun went through a struggle within his own mind to convert from being one of the most respected Islamic muftis to a scientifically thinking, rebellious atheist.

The legacy that Dursun was to leave behind after his brutal death was immortal. At the time of his death, inflicted by the Turkish arm of Hezbollah in 1990, he had been an open critic of Islam in particular through essays and columns in journals. He had prepared a number of books that no house was courageous enough to publish. It was his death that led to over 10 books, including a chilling autobiography of his childhood, Kulleteyn, to be introduced to a predominantly Muslim nation.

Dursun also left invaluable energy for those who needed it to practice free speech in Turkey. His assassination was at the beginning of a spree of killings in the 1990s, including a massacre of intellectuals in the city of Sivas by religious fanatics that numbered in the hundreds.

Free thinking journalists who took religious fundamentalism, state oppression and backwardness head on in Turkey all knew very well their lives were in danger. Dursun was no exception. Not long before his death, he said in an interview: “Should I take the truths with me to the grave so I can live a comfortable life, or should I consider death in order to tell the truth to the people?”

For him, the truth was that humanity will never progress so long as it is under the influence of religion. “It is obvious that a nicer world is not going to happen without a world with more freedom. For a world with more freedom, taboos must be destroyed. All kinds of taboo must be destroyed. Primarily, those taboos which have religions and ‘beliefs’ as their sources,” he said in his preface for the first of his highly controversial series titled Din Bu (This is Religion).

The Din Bu collection received much interest from Turks, to the discomfort of the ever-present Islamists in this historically divided public. Using his fluent knowledge of Arabic grammar and morphology, as well as an exceptional command of the old Arabic used in the 7 th century, he had an unrivalled grasp of historic texts and their meanings. He learnt these languages at a young age to add to his Kurdish, which he had to know fluently for his education by rural mollahs in the mountains of Anatolia.

It was Dursun’s father that put him on the road to be a fundamental cleric, before he was even born: “My son will become the greatest knower of religion, of that never seen in even Basra or Al-Kufe.” Once Turan was born, the Dursun family were living in dire conditions and would later be hoping for Turan’s success in becoming an imam then a mufti, a position which still brings with it considerable liberties and comfort in Turkey. Dursun went through rigorous religious education and did not even attend a state primary school. “I was never put into a primary school. They told me it was the work of the infidel. In my dreams, I would see school children dressed in uniform.”

“A kulleteyn is a pool,” Dursun said in a newspaper interview, explaining the meaning of the title of the autobiography of his childhood. “Every village had one and every pool had all kinds of dirt in it. But for those of the Shafi’i school, that amount of water cannot be dirty and is ever clean. They wash their whole body in that water even though all kinds of rubbish is poured into it. The surrounding is full of rubbish and kids are running around in it. Dirt covers the surface of the water, but they just push it aside and use the water. But because I’m from the Hanafi school, I always said ‘it’s not right for me’ and went to use water from a pipe.”

His childhood was far away from what a child of a secular state should have been living. But this was happening in the early years of the Turkish Republic, when the revolutionary values that Mustafa Kemal Atatürk were supposed to be prevalent.

Like millions in Turkey, Dursun was an admirer of Atatürk, but Dursun’s pre-atheism admiration was something unseen and caused some discomfort in religious circles. During his mufti years in Sivas, Dursun would take his imams to conferences and organise courses. For these trips, Dursun asked the local military establishment if they could provide food for the imams, to which they replied, ‘only if the imams pay their respects to a bust of Atatürk’. Dursun happily agreed and imams followed, placing flowers on a bust and observing a minute’s silence for a man who had abolished religious rule and is strongly thought of as an atheist.

It is popular talk, even of the most respected intellectuals of Turkey, to support moderate religiousness in Turkey and to provide as an example for neighbouring Middle Eastern countries. Religion as a whole is not debated, unlike in Western Europe where television debates and newspaper caricatures take a swipe at this ancient practice. As Richard Dawkins points out in The God Delusion, “[Non-fundamentalist religion] is making the world safe for fundamentalism by teaching children, from their earliest years, that unquestioning faith is a virtue.”

It seems that while there is wide scale and unquestioning respect of religion existing in Turkey, by those who don’t even practice it, the country is doomed to a never ending battle between Islamists and the defenders of secularism as the young population continues to be exposed to singular thought, in an environment of 77000 mosques and 67000 schools.

Dursun tried to enlighten people with his books and did so with success. But today, years go by with his name unmentioned. Fear of the ruling neo-Islamists is stopping Dursun’s work being read today and his fascinating observations and revelations about Islam remain confined to a single website dedicated to him.

If Turkey is to re-position itself on the track to progression through scientific thought, Turkish intellectuals must find ways of provoking thought and discussion, rejecting traditions of showing respect towards belief.

and that was written in 2009 by  Anon I  is the Editor in Chief of TurkeyEmergency

Reply #10 - July 31, 2012, 09:19 PM

He was eventually assassinated on September 4, 1990, outside his home in Istanbul.

Fucking typical finmad. ‘Thought crime’ springs to mind.
     Reply #11 - July 31, 2012, 09:24 PM

Dursun's son Abit

"Yes , we have suffered a lot from the loss of our father , but , this society -- including us -- is suffering even more because the murderers of my father and of people like him (he mentions here a few names like Ucok , Mumcu, and Aksoy who were also murdered in similar ways at that time) have still not been caught and executed."

Abit Dursun is the author of a book entitled "My Father Turan Dursun." He recalls his father at one point in the book as:

" An intellectual who researched the fundamentals of Islam unlike anybody else had done before him ,with his superb knowledge of Arabic and Islam. He researched and questioned for many years, which ,of course, disturbed the fundamental Islamics."

Abit Dursun believes that the case was not thoroughly investigated by the police : "There are dubious happenings both before and after the crime. The neglect on the part of the police, who later admitted that they had made mistakes, was so serious that one must assume that they had made their "mistakes" on purpose. The police intentionally did not investigate. The authorities are trying to cover up things we do not yet know."

Abit Dursun :

"The uniformed police arrived 40 to 45 minutes after the shooting just when the plainsclothed policemen -- who have ransacked my father's room and put some of his notes and books in black plastic bags -- were leaving. Now missing from the library are 2000 pages of the Encyclopedia of Koran and all the volumes of Kullateyn except for the first . We have asked the Attorney General for these items but 9 years after our request we have still not obtained any results. Everything that took a lifetime to create is gone. All this is because of what happened after the arrival of the police."

What comes to Abit's mind is an illegal group or a gang inside the state. That gang might be related to Hizbullah. It is quite interesting that IHO of Irfan Cagrici later turned out to be allies with Hizbullah. The murder was subcontracted to an organization apparently taking the benefit of the state facilities, according to Abit.

Abit also believes that there could be an Iranian connection:

"The number of threats my father received peaked when Hizbullah organized in Batman. This was the region where my father received his final warning letter ."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS4F1Y6R134

That is Turkish Atheist Fazıl Say  playing   Beethoven's "Appassionata" 3rd Movement

Reply #12 - July 31, 2012, 09:55 PM

A FEW PAGES FROM TURAN DURSUN'S BOOK (Din Bu 1):

God changing his mind

According to Religion Institute's official translation, the meaning of  106th verse of al-Baqarah:

"Whatever the validity of Our verses We abrogate or cause to be  forgotten, We substitute something better or similar: Knowest thou not  that God Hath power over all things?"

How ever this translation's saying "validity of Our verses", in fact the word "validity" doesn't exist. In other words, "abrogating of  verse itself" is what is told in this verse.

In this case, God of the Quran is saying in the verse above:

Sometimes, We abrogate verses. Sometimes, We also cause verses to be forgotten. When we abrogate verses or cause them to be forgotten, we bring (in
    place) one better or the like thereof. Know that Allah has power over all things? In this verse it's clearly stated that some of the verses were abrogated, and some of them were caused to be forgotten. It's also stated that some of the verses brought in place, are better, some of them are similar.

Substituting, Abrogating Verses

The meaning of 101st verse of an-Nahl:

"And when We put a verse in place of (another) verse, - and Allah knows best what He reveals - they say: Lo! thou art but inventing. Most of them know not."

Here, a revelation which is said, is substituting for another one. One of them is abrogated, and the other one is brought in place. Either in al-Baqarah or al-Nahl it is said that these are done by God.

"Nasih" is a way of explanation invented by the Quran commentators, for the contradictory verses in Quran. "Nasih" is also used for explaining the Hadith's contradictories.

In 65th verse of an-Anfal, after saying "O Prophet! Exhort the believers to fight (war)." then it continues "if there are twenty patient ones of you they shall overcome two hundred, and if there are a hundred of you they shall overcome a thousand of those who disbelieve, because they are a people who do not understand."

God clearly informs that believers can overcome unbelievers whose army is ten times bigger. But then he changes his mind. Look what's he saying:

"For the present Allah has made light your burden, and He knows-comprehends [alimellahu] that there is weakness in you; so if there are a hundred patient ones of you they shall overcome two hundred, and if there are a thousand they shall overcome two thousand by Allah's permission, and Allah is with the patient." (an-Anfal, 66th verse)

Turan Dursun, 26th October, 1989

The Moon had been rent into twain and had fallen onto the earth!

Let's examine the miracle which is called The Shak al-Qamar (Moon's Division) Miracle. According to Religion Institution's authorized translation, 1st verse of al-Qamar Sura comes to mean: The Hour (of Judgment) draws nigh, and the moon leaves.

In this translation, the words "is nigh, leaves" don't match the words in the verse. In the verse, for this sentence, past tense is used. So the right form is: (drew nigh, left) For being suitable for the word

"enjacca", instead of "left", we should use "rent twain". Religion Institution's translation is an attempt of concealing "irrationality and being unscientific", which was based on the interpretation of Ibn ul-Gewzi (see, tefsiru ibnu'l-Gewzi, 8/89) These interpretations are not accepted by Koran commentors. (See M.Ali Sabuni, Safvetu't- tefisir, 3/284; Hizin, 4/226.)

For these reasons, the right translation of the verse is:

"The hour drew nigh and the moon was rent in twain." The following two verse comes to mean: "And if they behold a portent they turn away and say: Prolonged illusion. They denied (the Truth) and followed their own lusts. Yet everything will come to a decision." (al-Qamar 2-3)

As you see, these verses clearly told that the moon had been split and that event had also signed that the judgement day had been nigh, and unbelievers had denied that event. Let's examine the hadiths about the events which these verses were about.

Is the moon in the sky, or the Hira Mountain in Arabia bigger?

The students in the primary schools think that the question is nonsense, don't they? But, according to hadiths, it shouldn't be considered as nonsense.

Son of Malik, Anas told:

"The people of Mecca asked the Prophet to show them a sign (miracle). So he showed them (the miracle) of the cleaving of the moon. The moon was cleft asunder into two parts. So that, they were seeing the Hira Mountain between these parts. (See Bukhari, e's-Sahih, Kitabu'1- Menakib/36; Muslim, e's-Sahih, Kitabu St- fati'l- Munafdun/46-47, hadith no: 2802.)

Abdullah Ibn Masud told:

"While we were in the companion of the Prophet in the Mina, the moon was cleft asunder suddenly and it became two parts. One part went beyond the mountain, the other remained at the near side of the mountain. On that, the Prophet said, "Witness this miracle." (See Bukhari, es-Sahih, same part; Muslim, e's-Sahih, same part, hadith no:2800.)

Think. Unbelievers wanted Mohammed to show a miracle, so that he could prove his prophethood. God gave power to Mohammed, and Mohammed showed his miracle: The moon in the sky, the moon which has stepped by Americans, the moon which we know was split into two parts. The moon which was separated, fell onto the earth. It could fit into the small area of the earth. When it fell, it didn't give any harm to anyone. The moon had been so small that: The Hira Mountain was bigger. As looking from a distance, the Hira Mountain was able to be seen between the two moon parts! And think. The people of Mecca didn't regarded even that event as a miracle, although they witnessed the "Event". And the moon which was able to be seen from everywhere, split into two parts and fell onto the earth, and nobody didn't notice this. Nobody neither saw nor wrote the "Event". Except Mohammed's believers... In addition to this, division of the moon was the proof that judgement day was nigh as told before.

According to the hadiths and verses above, we should "believe" those. Certainly, everyone is free in believing. Who can judge this belief? What we are doing now, just a determination and an exhibition. It shouldn't be omitted that: How believers have right to believe, unbelievers have right not to believe. Allowance freedom to the manhood's mind and science requires this.

All of the Turan Dursun' s Books (Kaynak Yayinlari ):

1) Kuran Ansiklopedisi: (Encyclopedia of Koran, 8 books, Turkish text)

2)Din Bu 1: (Best seller book of Turan Dursun, 20th edition since
    1990, Turkish text)

3)Din Bu 2

4)Din Bu 3

4)Din Bu 4

5)Kulleteyn: (Romance)

6)Allah: (Koran' s god)

7)Dua

8)Kutsal Kitaplarin Kaynaklari 1

9)Kutsal Kitaplarin Kaynaklari 2

10)Kutsal Kitaplarin Kaynaklari 3

11)Din ve Seks (Religion and sex)

12)Unlulere Mektuplar

well clearly according to Islam and sharia law what Turan Dursun DID IS WRONG..he was as bad as Rushdie.. The difference being Rushdie writing from
    London where as Turan Dursun writing from Turkey living among the birds TURKEYS .. many of them are big but they have little brain..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e32iN2rmUXs
    FAZIL SAY - NAZIM ORATORYOSU - NAZIM ORATORIO

Reply #13 - August 01, 2012, 02:24 PM

Thanks for expanding the value of this thread, Yeezevee.
     Reply #14 - August 01, 2012, 03:07 PM

Can't find anything of his in English.

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #15 - August 01, 2012, 07:41 PM

Turan Dursun reminds me of Jean Meslier:

Colin Brewer

Jean Meslier (1664-1729) was a priest in the tiny Ardennes parish of Etrépigny. Although virtually unknown in his native France and in the UK (a brief extract from his work in Margaret Knight’s Humanist Anthology, published in 1961, is one of the few mentions of Meslier in the English language), his Memoire (or Testament) amounted to a stunning declaration of unbelief. In effect, he told his former parishioners: “I never believed any of that religious nonsense. There’s no God, there’s no afterlife and the church helps tyrants like Louis XIV to keep you poor and exploited. You’re on your own, but stand up to the bastards and you might just create a fairer world.”

Colin Brewer's page from New Humanist July/August 2007Meslier’s basic thesis was expanded over several hundred hand written pages, whose very survival seems remarkable. Fortunately, he meticulously transcribed three copies which, with letters to his unsuspecting clerical neighbours, were found by his death-bed. In 1729 the establishment could be brutal in its treatment of heretics, and Meslier did not feel like dying for his views: “I did not wish to burn until after my death.” However, he did not care what the furious authorities did with his corpse once the Memoire became known: “They can fricassee it,” he wrote, “and eat it, with whatever sauce they like”. Unable to burn him alive, they buried him in an unmarked grave, but not before his manuscripts had entered the lively world of illicit reproductions. One of them soon reached Voltaire, who distributed hundreds of copies to his friends.

Standing at 97 chapters long, the Memoire does not hold back on its deconstruction of Christianity and attack on the hierarchy of the Church. For Meslier the books of the Bible were the flawed, even fraudulent, works of those who wrote and copied them, of the same standing as “stories of fairies and our old novels”, while Jesus was an “arch-fanatic … equally mad, out of his mind, unhappy rogue, a man of the abyss, vile and despicable.” The idea of the Holy Trinity seemed absurd to Meslier, who equates it to paganism, as was the notion of the host as the body of Christ – “an idol of paste and flour”.

Historians argue about who was the first overt, post-Classical atheist but Meslier was arguably the first to put his name to an incontrovertibly atheist document. That this important event is largely unrecognised (Meslier was absent from both Richard Dawkins’ and Jonathan Miller’s recent TV series on atheism) is due partly to Voltaire who published, in 1761, a grossly distorted “Extract” that portrayed Meslier as a fellow-deist and entirely suppressed Meslier’s anti-monarchist, proto-communist opinions. It seems too that the famous “last priest” aphorism, long attributed to Denis Diderot, flowed first from the pen of Meslier. The Memoire was almost forgotten until a Dutch humanist published 500 copies in 1864. The definitive, annotated French edition did not appear until 1970. Only fragmentary English translations exist.

The Memoire gives us a sense of the love Meslier had for his congregation, and his guilt for misleading them and failing to reveal his true feelings: “How I suffered when I had to preach to you those pious lies that I detest in my heart. What remorse your credulity caused me! A thousand times I was on the point of breaking out publicly and opening your eyes, but a fear stronger than myself held me back, and forced me to keep silence until my death.” In life Jean Meslier may have chosen “to live tranquilly”, but in death he was ready to launch his attack on the tenets of Christianity. Dismissing religion as cruel, fanatical, false and absurd he leaves a message for the congregation he clearly loved so much: “I hope, my friends, that I have given you a sufficient protection against these follies.”

Dr Colin Brewer is co-producer of the play The Last Priest, an exploration of the life of Jean Meslier

http://newhumanist.org.uk/1425/thinker-jean-meslier

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
            Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

- John Keats
     Reply #16 - August 01, 2012, 08:11 PM

I ran into him as I looked for Islamic scholors who had realized the truth.  My girlfriend finds my views odd and says scholars study it for a lifetime, how can you think you know more.  I told her, because when they get my kind of views, they stop being scholars or are killed.
    There aren't that many that haven't been assassinated.

I really wish there was more to the website though.  Is there more in the forum, which you need a username and password for.

As other's have asked, are there english translations of his books?
     Reply #17 - August 01, 2012, 10:06 PM

Actually, can this stuff and similar be formally and professionally archived and curated?  A specialist wiki?

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #18 - August 02, 2012, 07:26 AM

Hello everyone,

Longtime lurker here.

Here is a zip file with all of Dursun's books that I could find online. Unfortunately they're in Turkish, and I do not know of any English editions. Please let me know by PM if you are able to and would like to translate. A floundering wiki exists.

mediafire.com/?1s9lwb6zopr6s44

For the Arabic speakers, there's a project that you can work on as well.

FreeThought Wiki is looking for translators!

Current projects: Faraj Foda's "al-Haqiqa al Ghaib" (Arabic) and Turan Dursun's "Din Bu I" (Turkish)
     Reply #19 - August 02, 2012, 10:50 AM

Hello everyone,

Longtime lurker here.

Here is a zip file with all of Dursun's books that I could find online. Unfortunately they're in Turkish, and I do not know of any English editions. Please let me know by PM if you are able to and would like to translate. A floundering wiki exists.

For the Arabic speakers, there's a project that you can work on as well.

welcome to CEMB froclais.,   That zip link is missing, I would appreciate that link on the works of Mr.  Turan Dursun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IZ3kacIuaE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu1mUBBIpGs

eith best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #20 - August 02, 2012, 05:06 PM

My apologies, I thought that I had included it.

The weird formatting is because the forum is not allowing me to post links. How do I work around that?

Current projects: Faraj Foda's "al-Haqiqa al Ghaib" (Arabic) and Turan Dursun's "Din Bu I" (Turkish)
     Reply #21 - August 02, 2012, 06:38 PM

My apologies, I thought that I had included it.

The weird formatting is because the forum is not allowing me to post links. How do I work around that?

Thank you froclais,..No..No apologies is needed..

Well that is one of those  safety features that forum administrators  added so that a new member who would like to ruin the forum doesn't add zillion pornographic link in to it. 

well down loaded all that 45mb, now  I have to find some guy to translate it..  I used to know some Pagan Prophet from Turkey

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #22 - August 02, 2012, 08:26 PM

Any idea what kind of cost it would be to have it translated?

We could pitch in.
     Reply #23 - August 02, 2012, 08:52 PM

Like I mentioned, if you know any proficient enough Turkish/English readers, let me know. There is a wiki underway, but with only one person translation (and others who have been contacted not replying...) the process is painfully slow.

That said, a Turk willing to help could recruit on Turkish forums.

Copyright may be an issue with professional translation.

Reply #24 - August 02, 2012, 10:55 PM

I've been reading bits and pieces using google's translate.  It does a half decent job.
    I've been copying pages and pasting it.

If anyone is tech savvy enough, there must be a way to translate the whole pdf using google translate.  It's free as well.

For example:
    Modern-demokratik toplumun kurulmasının ve demokratik devrimin tamamlanmasının taşıyıcıları düşünce
    ve vicdan özgürlüğünden yanadırlar. Hiç kimseye düşüncesi, dini inancı, ibadeti yüzünden baskı yapılamaz.
    Yapılması gereken, katılmadığımız düşüncelere karşı ideolojik mücadele yürütmek ve toplumu

means

Completion of the establishment of a democratic society and the democratic revolution in modern-thinking carriers
    and views favor of freedom of conscience. No one thought, religious belief, worship, because of the pressure can be made.
    Needs to be done to dissent and disagree, and community carry out the ideological struggle

It is definitely understandable... at least for a quick read.
     Reply #25 - August 02, 2012, 11:04 PM

He was assassinated.  Typical...  Roll Eyes

Bless this brave man.  I'm gonna try to get hold of some of his work.

Reply #26 - August 02, 2012, 11:14 PM

Well am I not a genius.

Go to:
    http://translate.google.com/?tr=f&hl=en

choose the language (turkish to english)
    click browse for the file to translate

watch the magic!
     Reply #27 - August 02, 2012, 11:45 PM

Google translate hasn't worked so well for me, and it would be nice to make it more widely available.

Here's Din Bu I in HTML form for quicker translation:

w w w .gencalevilerharekati.de/Din%20Bu/Din_Bu%201%20Turan%20Dursun%201.htm

Reply #28 - September 24, 2018, 02:07 PM

Hi Yeezy, I hope you are keeping well my old friend Smiley

I want to ask you for a little help. I am looking for a quote I remember reading by a Turkish politician or maybe he was a general from history - possibly from the time of Attaturk - he said something along the lines of:

I don't understand why any woman would want to remain in Islam due to the inferior status etc...

The reason I'm asking you is I know you are good at digging up stuff and have been a regular member here and FFI in the past where this quote was probably mentioned.
     Reply #29 - September 25, 2018, 02:35 AM

Hi Yeezy, I hope you are keeping well my old friend Smiley

I want to ask you for a little help. I am looking for a quote I remember reading by a Turkish politician or maybe he was a general from history - possibly from the time of Attaturk - he said something along the lines of:
    I don't understand why any woman would want to remain in Islam due to the inferior status etc...

The reason I'm asking you is I know you are good at digging up stuff and have been a regular member here and FFI in the past where this quote was probably mentioned.....

oh my goodness gracious .. So nice to here from you dear Hassan .,  and you are mentioning a name {{{....Attaturk -...............Mustafa Kemal Atatürk ............... }}}}  whom I read quite a bit and which  started me questioning the faith of a person who was dear to me until I was 12  year old so....  And then my life turned upside down due to that person's actions .. Anyways.. How I am doing?? For me  "MY LIFE GOES ON" Some times Up and some times down ...  Cheesy Cheesy

As far as that Quote on "Islam & women folk" is concerned ., I am sure there are many folks who were  born in Islam but grew up with secular/Atheist mind set must have said similar statements if not same And if it was from Turkish guys it has to be during the time period of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk to all the way to 1960s .,

So let me look in to it and If any one  who must know about Turkish Intellectual statements on " Islam & women subject" is concerned ..  I bet on  " Miss Arzu Toker"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEf-2bDGPOQ

Incidentally She is an ex-Muslim from Turkey Living in Germany 

with best wishes
    yeezevee

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »