Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Cleanliness and Personal Hygiene in Islam

(Read 24516 times)
  • 12 3 ... 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Cleanliness and Personal Hygiene in Islam
     OP - July 29, 2012, 02:31 PM

I forgot to introduce myself, I am an ex-Muslim. I was active in FFI forum before. Yeezevee may still remember me( I used other username back then.

I have been an ex-Muslim for about four years now, and didn't perform any of the Islamic rituals for this duration of time. However, sometimes I have this inner urge to "come back". The only reason that holding me back is Muhammad's character, his lust for 9 year old female and his polygamous marriage with young widows( safiyya, Juwayriyya, etc).

One  factor that I feel positive about Islam is the cleanliness and personal hygiene. We all as ex-Muslims must be familiar with the habit of washing after urination and bowel movement, which specifically encouraged by Islam. I live in a country where people neglected this basic hygiene requirement. Sometimes I wonder why Islam emphasize on cleaning ourselves thoroughly. Though I didn't practice any of the Islamic rituals anymore, this habit is still perpetual in me and sometimes make me wonder to reconsider my apostasy.

I observed many Non-Muslims let their clothes being spoiled by urine and do not wash their buttock, lack of personal hygiene, which solely offered by Islam.

Don't get me wrong, I despise Muhammad who raided, looted and lusted, but I admire him as a man who manage to teach his followers on personal cleanliness.

Any opinion about this?

• Re: Cleanliness and Personal Hygiene in Islam
     Reply #1 - July 29, 2012, 02:35 PM

Where do you live? The UK is absolutely obsessed with personal hygiene and grooming products.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #2 - July 29, 2012, 02:58 PM

You don't need to be a Muslim to wash your ass after taking a shit.
     Reply #3 - July 29, 2012, 03:08 PM

Ishina, not UK. But Europeans generally are clean outwardly, but they still let their clothes smeared.

Muhammad was successful in forming a community that are obsessed with personal hygiene and purity, if you know what I mean. We Ex Muslims are very well familiar with the instruction to let the last drop of urine cleared and wash the area, also, washing our buttock after bowel movement. Science nowadays proved this to be the most effective way to combat infection.

I researched other religions as well, apart from Judaism, other religions lack this emphasis on external cleanliness. Even Buddhism merely prone to internal and disregard external cleanliness.  
     Reply #4 - July 29, 2012, 03:14 PM

I forgot to introduce myself, I am an ex-Muslim. I was active in FFI forum before. Yeezevee may still remember me( I used other username back then.

. ..Who yeezevee?? that Rascal.. The impostor .. don't get swayed by his words .. He is Jinn of Nth order and allah transformed him to a zombie .. So Shinsengumi   Glad to see you here.. How are you doing??  So cleaning is the problem..??

I have been an ex-Muslim for about four years now, and didn't perform any of the Islamic rituals for this duration of time. However, sometimes I have this inner urge to "come back". The only reason that holding me back is Muhammad's character, his lust for 9 year old female and his polygamous marriage with young widows( safiyya, Juwayriyya, etc).

Err.. Let us not blame Muhammad for our problems in 21st century .. whatever he did he did in his times and died.. May be he didn't die., may be he was a constructed Character .. Not a real person ,, So let us leave him alone..

One  factor that I feel positive about Islam is the cleanliness and personal hygiene. We all as ex-Muslims must be familiar with the habit of washing after urination and bowel movement, which specifically encouraged by Islam.

Huh! what?  washing after urination?? you mean brick pieces??  Washing private parts of human body is nothing to do with Quran or Islam... Every one does that including non-Muslims or even some animals ., that is nothing special in Islam .. The only thing that is special in Islam is LENGTH OF THE BEARD and if you are boss Mullah then size of the belly.. they are important .. everything is copy/pasted Shinsengumi

I live in a country where people neglected this basic hygiene requirement. Sometimes I wonder why Islam emphasize on cleaning ourselves thoroughly. Though I didn't practice any of the Islamic rituals anymore, this habit is still perpetual in me and sometimes make me wonder to reconsider my apostasy.

Good point .. yes..
    you should deapostatize yourself as far as washing is concerned
    .. You should have freedom to do that. Apostate doesn't mean you eliminate everything that a Muslim do and have no freedom to do what you like with your body..

Something is good use it.. bad .. throw in trash ..

it is as simple as that  Shinsen

I observed many Non-Muslims let their clothes being spoiled by urine and do not wash their buttock, lack of personal hygiene, which solely offered by Islam.

Really you observed that.. TEACH THE RASCALS THAT PART OF ISLAM..   but not this  part

Don't get me wrong, I despise Muhammad who raided, looted and lusted, but I admire him as a man who manage to teach his followers on personal cleanliness.

Any opinion about this?

No.. Nooo wrong etal..

Yes we should clean our asses and teach infidels to clean their asses .. I wonder do you think ALL NON-MUSLIMS/Infidels don't  clean their butts with water?  Cheesy

Any ways I am glad to read you Shinsengumi .. AGain don't read too much in to what yeezevee says..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #5 - July 29, 2012, 03:16 PM

Ishina, not UK. But Europeans generally are clean outwardly, but they still let their clothes smeared.

Muhammad was successful in forming a community that are obsessed with personal hygiene and purity, if you know what I mean. We Ex Muslims are very well familiar with the instruction to let the last drop of urine cleared and wash the area, also, washing our buttock after bowel movement. Science nowadays proved this to be the most effective way to combat infection.

I researched other religions as well, apart from Judaism, other religions lack this emphasis on external cleanliness. Even Buddhism merely prone to internal and disregard external cleanliness.  

None of this post is true.

Reply #6 - July 29, 2012, 03:17 PM

The bidet is a French invention.
     Reply #7 - July 29, 2012, 03:21 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpWl5FMm0Tw&feature=related

Reply #8 - July 29, 2012, 03:35 PM

The only thing that is special in Islam is LENGTH OF THE BEARD and if you are boss Mullah then size of the belly.. they are important .. everything is copy/pasted Shinsengumi

Lmao

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #9 - July 29, 2012, 03:41 PM

Yeezevee, I have always chuckled at your posts, nonetheless, educational.

I believe Muhammad existed, the evidences are weighted heavier on his existence, rather than his non-existence.

The bidet is a French invention.

Yes, the bidet was French invention, but majority consumers are always those with Islamic background. Am I right? American home do not use bidet, UK too. But in Turkey, nearly ever home use bidet.  By the way, I am not from Turkey, just quote an example.

Huh! what?  washing after urination?? you mean brick pieces??  Washing private parts of human body is nothing to do with Quran or Islam... Every one does that including non-Muslims or even some animals ., that is nothing special in Islam ..

As far as my observation goes, Non-Muslims do not have this concept, not in their scriptures or school lesson. Muhammad narrated about cleanliness in Quran as well as several hadiths. As merciless as he was, in this case, he won. Even Genghiz Khan the conqueror failed in comparison because of his rules about not washing clothes.

Good point .. yes..
    you should deapostatize yourself as far as washing is concerned .. You should have freedom to do that. Apostate doesn't mean you eliminate everything that a Muslim do and have no freedom to do what you like with your body..

Thanks for the advice Yeezevee.

None of this post is true.

Care to elaborate, please?
     Reply #10 - July 29, 2012, 03:44 PM

The invention of large scale organised water channelling systems in urban areas, sewerage systems and public health works, in other words, the application of human ingenuity, urban planning, technological application and civil engineering, did more to enable personal hygiene and personal dignity than any religion ever did.

Lack of personal hygiene before that was down to the difficulty of bathing daily in various environments and sadly that is still the case in many poor parts of the world.

So, in other words, secular technology and human organisation wins over religion again.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #11 - July 29, 2012, 03:45 PM

Care to elaborate, please?

It was a polite and restrained way of saying I think you're ignorant and simple-minded.

Reply #12 - July 29, 2012, 03:52 PM

Yeezevee, ............

I believe Muhammad existed,

well that is belief and no belief is unquestionable.

the evidences are weighted heavier on his existence, rather than his non-existence.

That evidence you have to show me., Hadith writers filled with bull shit on Muhammad .. so they are all stories over silly stories.,   Muhammad is hardly mentioned in Quran., It appears Quran takes Jesus & Moses and makes another character, An Arabic character as prophet to spread this Arabic paganism of sect and named it as Islam.

the story Existence Muhammad is full of holes ., It is possible multiple feudal personalities/rulers/caliphs and town chiefs were put together to make a Muhammad and write all sorts stories around that character in early Islam all the way to 900 BC..

Any ways this tube is educational..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk5q9TeGo14

watch it Shinsengumi

Reply #13 - July 29, 2012, 04:08 PM

That evidence you have to show me., Hadith writers filled with bull shit on Muhammad .. so they are all stories over silly stories.,   Muhammad is hardly mentioned in Quran., It appears Quran takes Jesus & Moses and makes another character, An Arabic character as prophet to spread this Arabic paganism of sect and named it as Islam.

the story Existence Muhammad is full of holes ., It is possible multiple feudal personalities/rulers/caliphs and town chiefs were put together to make a Muhammad and write all sorts stories around that character in early Islam all the way to 900 BC..

How about the verses in Quranic chapter called "Muhammad"? How about the uneducational and immoral chapter of Sura At-Tahrim? Forget about doubtful hadiths, concentrate on the Quran. The evidences are substantial and abound. The chapter about his lustful marriage with Zainab, even the name of her ex-husband Zaid was recorded.

Muhammad existed alright, and bigoted Robert Spencer is wrong.

The invention of large scale organised water channelling systems in urban areas, sewerage systems and public health works, in other words, the application of human ingenuity, urban planning, technological application and civil engineering, did more to enable personal hygiene and personal dignity than any religion ever did.

Lack of personal hygiene before that was down to the difficulty of bathing daily in various environments and sadly that is still the case in many poor parts of the world.

So, in other words, secular technology and human organisation wins over religion again.

Yes Billy, that's true, not denying any of the modern secular achievement. The issue I highlighted is about Muhammad specifically recommended for personal hygiene, in which I found to be quite admirable. In the area where I originated, we have Muslims and Non-Muslims living together. What I observed was that almost all Muslims care about personal hygiene while almost all Non-Muslims didn't. Some of them even emulate the Muslims of washing their butt.

To me, I am always open to give the credit where the credit due.

Reply #14 - July 29, 2012, 04:10 PM

Not sure if you're parodying a certain attitude amongst Muslims that depicts non Muslims as essentially dirty and filthy and impure or not.

Nevertheless, its good to know that amongst all things Islam is responsible for, is the natural human instinct to clean yourself, and specifically, your ass.

God is Love.

Reply #15 - July 29, 2012, 04:20 PM

No, Billy. You misunderstood the point. Some Muslims are dirty too and like to urinate and clean themselves merely with three stones as in poor area in Pakistan/Afghanistan. If Non-Muslims in my area are a bit less attentive to hygiene practice, then emulate the Muslims there,  why should anyone be ashamed of it then? Not all human practice hygiene. There is no need to be defensive whenever I mentioned a certain positive aspects of Islam.

Reply #16 - July 29, 2012, 04:26 PM

So if you observe good personal hygiene you're emulating Muslims, but if you don't, you're not observing Islamic advice - gotcha  Afro

God is Love.

Reply #17 - July 29, 2012, 04:27 PM

What I observed was that almost all Muslims care about personal hygiene while almost all Non-Muslims didn't.

What did you do? Follow them around sniffing their arse? Rummage through their dirty laundry? Stash hidden cameras inside toilets and spy on them like a pervy creep?

Reply #18 - July 29, 2012, 04:42 PM

What did you do? Follow them around sniffing their arse? Rummage through their dirty laundry? Stash hidden cameras inside toilets and spy on them like a pervy creep?

Not that serious, Ishina. You are being comical.

So if you observe good personal hygiene you're emulating Muslims, but if you don't, you're not observing Islamic advice - gotcha

Well, since Islam and Judaism share a lot of aspects in common, it is not strange. Quran does emphasize about hygiene more than any other scriptures, perhaps, Talmud and Torah are exceptions.

Remember when the Jews reprimanded Jesus for his lack of manners in observing the hand washing before touching any meal? You can read that in the Bible. Only Jews and Muslims are very observant of hand washing before meal, another observation of mine.
     Reply #19 - July 29, 2012, 04:44 PM

There is no need to be defensive whenever I mentioned a certain positive aspects of Islam.

It's not a positive aspect of Islam. It's not unique or special to Islam. It's not impressive of clever. It's just that nobody else boasts about how fucking spectacular they are for washing their hands quite like certain Muslims do. Nobody makes a huge song and dance about trimming their beards quite like certain Muslims do. Nobody wants international recognition for wiping their arse like certain Muslims do. They just get on with it like normal people.

What the fuck are you, 5? Do you want a round of applause for going to the toilet on your own?

Reply #20 - July 29, 2012, 05:01 PM

what is happening here.....

Well Oprah did to Indians..lol..

Oops American Oprah might have licked her fingers..  that guy Akbar is upset.. rightly  so....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybjL__ZgYes

Reply #21 - July 29, 2012, 05:33 PM

It's not a positive aspect of Islam. It's not unique or special to Islam. It's not impressive of clever. It's just that nobody else boasts about how fucking spectacular they are for washing their hands quite like certain Muslims do. Nobody makes a huge song and dance about trimming their beards quite like certain Muslims do. Nobody wants international recognition for wiping their arse like certain Muslims do. They just get on with it like normal people.

Ishina, its good to have you back   Afro

God is Love.

Reply #22 - July 29, 2012, 05:33 PM

What the fuck are you, 5? Do you want a round of applause for going to the toilet on your own?

One of my colleague whom I witnessed lacking in the habit of hand washing was infected by hepatitis and hospitalised. My apology, Ishina, personal hygiene is not important for you perhaps, but we many forums discussed about this nowadays.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/liverandkidney/203379.html

http://www.healingwell.com/community/default.aspx?f=35&m=1312039

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/urology/665580-urine-dribbling.html

http://www.steadyhealth.com/Itching_and_burning_rectal_area_after_bowel_movements__incre_t83636.html
     Reply #23 - July 29, 2012, 05:36 PM

That whooshing sound as Ishina's post flies right over your head......

God is Love.

Reply #24 - July 29, 2012, 05:38 PM

This thread makes me laugh - reminded me of a word that i have not heard since I was 12/13/14

clinker - and yes it is in the urban dictionary

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=clinker

Faece (shit)that drys on the hair around the anal region, resulting in crusty brown shit crumbs.

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #25 - July 29, 2012, 05:40 PM

That whooshing sound as Ishina's post flies right over your head......

That's very "polite" of you, just I because I defend one positive aspect of Islam, that is cleanliness. Very open minded, and Muslims are closed minded, right?

OOh the irony.
     Reply #26 - July 29, 2012, 05:47 PM

What is closed minded is the lengths you go to to make generalisations about the hygiene of non Muslims and associated trolling absurdities  Afro

God is Love.

Reply #27 - July 29, 2012, 05:56 PM

Ishina, its good to have you back   Afro

Aww, thanks.  Smiley

Reply #28 - July 29, 2012, 06:01 PM

brb according to OP, wiping your butt only came into effect after Islam  Cheesy

You do know that wiping poop with your bare hands is unhygienic? When soap is not at your disposal for washing your hand with after.
     Reply #29 - July 29, 2012, 06:01 PM

That's very "polite" of you, just I because I defend one positive aspect of Islam, that is cleanliness. Very open minded, and Muslims are closed minded, right?

OOh the irony.

Cleanliness in Islam?

So do you agree it's hygienic to dip flies into your food/drink?
  • 12 3 ... 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »