Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: London 2012 Olympics

(Read 33091 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 3 4 56 7 ... 16 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: London 2012 Olympics
     Reply #120 - July 29, 2012, 09:05 PM

Evelyn Glennie's opening music was epic listen to it in high quality with full surround sound. The above posted quality doesn't do it justice.
     Reply #121 - July 29, 2012, 09:14 PM

The soundtrack was great throughout. Underworld really did something special, though I'd expect no less from them.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #122 - July 29, 2012, 09:27 PM

The soundtrack was great throughout. Underworld really did something special, though I'd expect no less from them.

They fucked it up with dizzy rascal, I just thought it didn't really fit into the spirit of it all.
     Reply #123 - July 29, 2012, 09:35 PM

Yeah they are great.

Have they ever written a soundtrack for a movie? I can imagine them writing epic, brilliant movie scores. Especially for some dark sci-fi film or something.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #124 - July 29, 2012, 09:40 PM

They fucked it up with dizzy rascal, I just thought it didn't really fit into the spirit of it all.

Nah, Bonkers is something of a cult anthem. I'm glad it was included for that reason even if it's not a favourite of mine.

I also really loved the music playing when the cauldron was being lit. Can't find actual footage, but from 4:45 is what I mean:

Underworld - Caliban's Dream
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiQaU9oIHjs

The lighting of the cauldron really lit my heart up. Truly beautiful.

Reply #125 - July 29, 2012, 09:44 PM

Yeah they are great.

Have they ever written a soundtrack for a movie? I can imagine them writing epic, brilliant movie scores. Especially for some dark sci-fi film or something.

Not that I'm aware of. I know they've featured on soundtracks. Trainspotting is what got them noticed, after all.

Underworld - Born Slippy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlLWFa1b1Bc

001_wub

Reply #126 - July 29, 2012, 09:52 PM

Yeah, of course, great track Afro

God is Love.

Reply #127 - July 29, 2012, 09:54 PM

Oh! They did Sunshine with John Murphy. Shame on me for forgetting. It's one of my favorite movies.

And I'm sure they'll be getting more work after these Olympic games.

Reply #128 - July 29, 2012, 09:57 PM

I'll check that soundtrack out, definitely.

God is Love.

Reply #129 - July 30, 2012, 01:28 AM

There first target should be to beat the French haul of medals. Especially after beating Paris to hold the Olympics.

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #130 - July 30, 2012, 05:45 AM

Congratulations to Cameron van der Burgh for winning South Africa's first Gold medal in an individual male swimming race, may there be more to come.
     Reply #131 - July 30, 2012, 11:15 AM

The London Olympics 2012 Total Perspective Vortex

Each of us a failed state in stark relief against the backdrop of the perfect worlds we seek.
    Propagandhi - Failed States
     Reply #132 - July 30, 2012, 12:55 PM

looking forward to seeing how far zoe smith can go in the weightlifting. also i think both the men and womens team in the gymnastics should be great. we have some impressive boys in the boxing as well - a couple of golds in there surely

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #133 - July 30, 2012, 02:22 PM

Usa women's boxing looks amazing.

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #134 - July 30, 2012, 04:02 PM

The men's gymnastics is fantastic; it's incredible what you can train the human body to do. Looking forward to catching some of the women's gymnastics too.
     Reply #135 - July 30, 2012, 05:19 PM

Why isn't the egg and spoon race in the Olympics.

God is Love.

Reply #136 - July 30, 2012, 05:21 PM

ohmy 'Nuff said. 

"If intelligence is feminine... I would want that mine would, in a resolute movement, come to resemble an impious woman."
     Reply #137 - July 30, 2012, 05:22 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

"If intelligence is feminine... I would want that mine would, in a resolute movement, come to resemble an impious woman."
     Reply #138 - July 30, 2012, 05:53 PM

Never thought the British men would get into the medals (fingers crossed) in gymnastics, perhaps a bigger shock than Spain being knocked out of the football.

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #139 - July 30, 2012, 06:00 PM

Silver medal. Unbelievable.

ETA - feel sorry for the Japanese.

Reply #140 - July 30, 2012, 06:01 PM

GO TEAM GB!

Nobody expected that. Not in gymnastics.

Reply #141 - July 30, 2012, 06:06 PM

ETA - feel sorry for the Japanese.

Yeah... I'm torn. Especially since it was Uchimura. He's my star gymnast.

Reply #142 - July 30, 2012, 06:08 PM

Aww. Dry your eyes, Debbie Downer.

Reply #143 - July 30, 2012, 06:13 PM

Now I feel sorry for the ukranians.

Reply #144 - July 30, 2012, 06:20 PM

Gutted. What a shame they can't all win.

Fair play to Japan though. They did earn silver fair and square. And the marking isn't final till its final. They might have pushed us out of silver, but we got bronze. Bronze to GB. Nobody expected a medal. And of course, well done China for the gold. Poor China, lol. They got gold but nobody is even talking about them. It's all about the silver and bronze.

Reply #145 - July 30, 2012, 07:01 PM

Gymnastics continues to astonish me. I can appreciate feats of strength, speed and endurance as much as anyone. But I have so much admiration for the agility, precision, technique, spacial awareness required to perform gymnastics at competitive level as well as the sheer glorious flair and artistic beauty of it. And some of them are pushing it even further, a few more inches of air, a little bit faster, one more spin or twist, one risky transition. It looks superhuman to me. Like they are defying the laws of nature.

Reply #146 - July 30, 2012, 07:14 PM

Why isn't the egg and spoon race in the Olympics.

That's for mere mortals like you and me  bunny
     Reply #147 - July 30, 2012, 07:18 PM

So for those who watch/ed gymnastics which discipline is the most that defies the laws of nature. Personally think it is the rings.

Reply #148 - July 30, 2012, 07:25 PM

The maltese on the rings is impressive:

Reply #149 - July 30, 2012, 07:26 PM

I think it's rings too. I don't think women perform on the rings, presumably because they don't have the same potential for building upper body strength.
  • Previous page 1 ... 3 4 56 7 ... 16 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »