Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: London 2012 Olympics

(Read 33233 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 7 8 910 11 ... 16 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: London 2012 Olympics
     Reply #240 - August 05, 2012, 01:17 PM

Anyway, tennis final now. 001_wub

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #241 - August 05, 2012, 01:51 PM

Ben Ainslie. A right tough bastard, but our tough bastard.

The tactics and technical aspects of sailing are way over my head, but I've been gripped by it.
     Reply #242 - August 05, 2012, 03:45 PM

The Tennis final was awesome!  Gold for Murray!
    Prior to that, the Badminton final was gripping stuff!  Malaysia vs China. The Chinese defending champion got it in the end.

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #243 - August 05, 2012, 04:27 PM

Only thing I've seen so far is the opening ceremony which, although nowhere near as much of a culture explosion as China's, was still impressive and I felt pretty proud to be a Brit watching it. Sorry to be a Scrooge guys but the Olympics is all fine and dandy if you don't so happen to live by the stadium and have tons of traffic/litter/loud tourists right on your doorstep. Also can I just say that public transport is an absolute nightmare. I just want it over and done with at this point  wacko

"The more powerful and original a mind, the more it will incline toward the religion of solitude."

"i used to steal my sisters barbies so i could take their clothes off and perv on them" - prince spinoza
     Reply #244 - August 05, 2012, 04:35 PM

Mad props to Andy Murray - must've felt amazing to avenge his loss at Wimbledon. It's rare to see Federer get dominated like that, even at this late stage in his career. Good shit. grin12
     Reply #245 - August 05, 2012, 04:55 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSq8ZBdSxNU

Well done Murray. Completely dominated the whole match. Commiserations Federer, still the greatest champion in my eyes.

Can Murray make it 2 gold medals in one day?

Reply #246 - August 05, 2012, 05:17 PM

Time to eat humble pie, thought the expectation and pressure would be too much, but the brits have raised there game to match home expectations. Mo Farrah last lap was testament as to how a home crowd can lift you. Kudos to the GB team.

And Jessica Tennis must have had the most pressure, being the face of the GB team and she broke 4 personal bests. She now possibly in the same breath as Daley Thompson.

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #247 - August 05, 2012, 06:40 PM

Some of these athletes look absolutely stunning. I don't necessarily mean in a sexual way either. I am just in awe at how sculpted they are. They look like statues of ancient mythical figures. Forged out of years of dedication and training, honed for a purpose, for excellence. Able to push through pain barriers and withstand physical stress and strain that is fatal for the average human being. An impressive sight.

Reply #248 - August 05, 2012, 06:54 PM

Unleash the BOLT!

Reply #249 - August 05, 2012, 07:41 PM

Ben Ainslie. A right tough bastard, but our tough bastard.

The tactics and technical aspects of sailing are way over my head, but I've been gripped by it.

yeah ben ainslie is just awesome.  i loved the way he dropped back from miles ahead in one of the previous rounds to block the wind of the guy in second place enabling the guy behind to overtake. they made him angry, hehh

bolt vs blake is gonna be awesome. won't be surprised at all if that already staggering wr time goes.

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #250 - August 05, 2012, 08:24 PM

Some of these athletes look absolutely stunning. I don't necessarily mean in a sexual way either. I am just in awe at how sculpted they are. They look like statues of ancient mythical figures. Forged out of years of dedication and training, honed for a purpose, for excellence. Able to push through pain barriers and withstand physical stress and strain that is fatal for the average human being. An impressive sight.

but yes, sexually too.

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #251 - August 05, 2012, 08:52 PM

Bolt's done it again - 9.63 seconds! dance
     Reply #252 - August 05, 2012, 08:57 PM

Magnificent. I love the poses they were all throwing as their names were anounced.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #253 - August 05, 2012, 09:44 PM

lol, i kept going on to my wife about bolt not breaking the record after the race too, she eventually told me to shut up - i was expecting him to break it, probably would have if he wasn't playing it safe on the start. still 9.63 was an amazing time though

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #254 - August 05, 2012, 10:15 PM

yeah ben ainslie is just awesome.  i loved the way he dropped back from miles ahead in one of the previous rounds to block the wind of the guy in second place enabling the guy behind to overtake. they made him angry, hehh

Haha!  That's hilarious!

Anyway, I saw Turkey's women playing Volleyball against USA earlier.  The Turks looked beautiful. 001_wub
    Also, it was good to see Muslim women confidently participating in the Olympics.  Go Turkey!

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #255 - August 05, 2012, 10:23 PM

It's pretty funny that Murray beat Federer at this match lol.

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #256 - August 05, 2012, 10:38 PM

I don't think I've ever enjoyed sports as much as I did last night. I've certainly never enjoyed the Olympics as much. Something really special is happening and I'm glad it is happening in my lifetime.

I can only imagine what it felt like to actually be in the stadium last night. Or how many times the experience must be magnified for the actual athletes.

I honestly think it's because you live in England. Don't think there's anything special to these Olympics that the few previous editions didn't have.

Dunno why, but for some reason I've been enjoying this Games more too. The Australians haven't been getting awesome medal tallies but I'm not fussed about that. It's the Olympix. Yay for everybody! dance

Also it's kinda cool to see the poor old Poms doing well on their home turf. God knows they need all the help they can get. Cheesy

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #257 - August 06, 2012, 07:58 AM

Well those Olympics do have a fantastic advantage compared to the previous ones: they are exactly on the same timezone as I am  grin12 And yeah, I'm thrilled that Great Britain is doing so well.

About yesterday:

Hell yeah Murray!

When Kenyans and Ethiopians win at long-distance, it feels like cosmic order has been restored. I LOVED how Kemboi celebrated his 3k steeplechase gold. <3

Also, I'm psyched that my guy Toufik Makhloufi finished first in his semi (even though the time wasn't good at all) but they say he's injured so I'm not really counting on a medal tomorrow. Still, it was nice.

</3 at the defeat of Ouadahi (Boxing, 56 kg) in 1/4 finals. The fact that he cried like a baby didn't help Tongue

And finally, for once Bolt didn't piss me off. And Justin Gatlin got a medal <3

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #258 - August 06, 2012, 11:56 AM

Sally Pearson went like a rocket in qualifying. This is good (but not for teh Poms). grin12

ETA: Oh and it was hilarious on the weekend when the Poms were playing Australia in the basketball. The Aussies just went bonkers in the last quarter. I was just about falling off the chair laughing, and was thinking "Shit, this is just cruel.".

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #259 - August 06, 2012, 12:15 PM

Oh boy, now is not the time to start off Aussie-Pom banter, it really isn't!

OK, fuck it, lets kick it off. Australia currently lie behind Kazakhstan in the medals table  Grin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/medals/countries

Borat > Australia  bunny Grin bunny

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #260 - August 06, 2012, 12:22 PM

Cheesy

Now, now.  Its the taking part that counts not the medals.  (So no digs about Ireland, kthnxbai).  parrot

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #261 - August 06, 2012, 12:26 PM

Borat > Australia 

Cheesy

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #262 - August 06, 2012, 02:33 PM

Also, I'm psyched that my guy Toufik Makhloufi finished first in his semi (even though the time wasn't good at all) but they say he's injured so I'm not really counting on a medal tomorrow. Still, it was nice.

well he beat the olympic and world champion in that race, so definitely is a big contender for a medal. don't know if you've heard but he's been excluded from the olympics at the moment for 'not trying' in the 800. hopefully that decision is reversed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19152117

i think it would be stupid to kick him out the games because of this, especially if he is indeed carrying some sort of injury worry

Reply #263 - August 06, 2012, 03:17 PM

but yes, sexually too.

Yeah, I gotta admit I have a little heart-flutter watching the men's swimming. They should play this when they emerge from the water...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j3okb3kuts

Reply #264 - August 06, 2012, 04:41 PM

Some of these athletes look absolutely stunning. I don't necessarily mean in a sexual way either. I am just in awe at how sculpted they are. They look like statues of ancient mythical figures. Forged out of years of dedication and training, honed for a purpose, for excellence.

Yeah I like the way each event promotes a different body type, so they showcase the diversity in human form.

Which event has the hottest bodies? Of what I have seen so far, for the women it's got to be the divers and the volleyball players.

And who's the hottest athlete competing?
     Reply #265 - August 06, 2012, 04:47 PM

I wouldn't know where to begin choosing. I'd be like a kid in a sweet shop.

Can I just have one of each?

Reply #266 - August 06, 2012, 05:15 PM

Have as many of them as you want Ishina, and then tell us your top 5.  grin12
     Reply #267 - August 06, 2012, 05:58 PM

Based purely on who I'd like to fuck:

1. Jessica Ennis

2. Lolo Jones

3. Catalina Ponor

4. Louis Smith

5. Ryan Lochte

001_wub

Reply #268 - August 06, 2012, 06:06 PM

Leryn Franco (Paraguayan javelin thrower) 001_wub

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #269 - August 06, 2012, 06:37 PM

5. Ryan Lochte
    (Clicky for piccy!)

001_wub

Good looking guy, but he's horrifyingly stupid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dlyCTswYH0

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

• Previous page 1 ... 7 8 910 11 ... 16 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »