Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hello everyone!

(Read 1781 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hello everyone!
     OP - August 27, 2012, 12:14 AM

Signed up just yesterday.Getting used to the forum.Don't really know what to do.

THE SADDEST FACT ABOUT ISLAM IS THAT IT IS NOT TRUE!
  • Re: Hello everyone!
     Reply #1 - August 27, 2012, 12:22 AM

Welcome Kellogg! Have a parrot. parrot

Why don't you start off by telling us a bit about yourself? Smiley

Life is what happens to you while you're staring at your smartphone.

Eternal Sunshine of the Religionless Mind
     Reply #2 - August 27, 2012, 09:57 AM

Hi Solara.

I am a fourth year student,struggling with university and life in general.I come from a semi-practising family who were taken aback by the sudden surge in my religiosity during the final year of high school.

Over the years, a 'halaka' here and 'bayaan' there helped me gain some rudimentary understanding of the Islamic Sciences such as Usool al Fiqh,Tafsir etc. Constant reading of the Qur'an coupled with the sincerity that Islam instils in a believer led me to question the foundational claims of the religion itself.A few months prior to my first seep of alcohol I decided to go through the standard material handed out in Street Dawah and Islamic Awareness Weeks.

The stark difference in the levels of critical analysis Muslims employ in intra-Muslims 'ikhtilaafs' in one hand and inter-faith issues on the other,amazed me,to say the least!I soon realised the foundational claims of Islam are not as solid as they seem from the inside.

Eventually I mustered up the courage to read The God Delusion and surprisingly whilst reading the book I came across the various Youtube channels debunking Islamic claims.Almost a quarter into 2012 I stopped making my life harder,i.e gave up praying.
    '
    Nowadays I am enjoying Islam more than ever before.I still go to Jumua'ah,recently helped out the local mosque with 'iftaar' and still listen to good recitations of the Qur'an.As the old saying goes "Old habits die hard".I feel more connected with the Ummah too.I am a cultural Muslim now,like (almost) everyone around me.The only difference is that they did not put themselves through the torture of living a 'pious' life and then rejecting the faith altogether.

I have learnt a lot from the years spent inside the practising community.I have a met and befriended a lot of good human beings,learnt to sacrifice for the greater good and most importantly have had the opportunity to enjoy a lot of ethnic dishes which I would have never come across.

Owing to the fact that Islam was never forced upon me I do not carry any ill-feeling towards it.Although I completely understand why a lot of ex-muslims are loud and proud about their atheism.

Islam did not gain the importance it has, in one generation.Neither is it going to go away all of a sudden.It is going to take the blood and sweat of parents who are going to raise a generation devoid of Anjem Chowdhurys,Nouman Ali Khans,Faraz Rabbanis and Ayaan Hirsi Alis.

It is my conviction that the most efficient way of saving society from the evil grip of fundamentalism is by getting more cultural muslims/closet atheists involved in organizing and leading the cultural aspects of religion.This is me.I believe every problem has a swifter solution when dealt with 'hikmah' and good 'akhlaq'  Smiley

I dream of a day when Islamic Studies will be of the same importance to mankind as Egyptology is today.A discipline,people will master without any unjustified hate or love for the culture being studied.

Thank You CEMB for providing a platform for me to get these words off my chest.If there is a heaven I believe the ones who run this site will be the rightful residents of that place.

Finally I want to thank the authors of the Qur'an.If it wasn't for the following verse I would have never been posting here.Thank you!Whoever you may be!

"O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort justice or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [Sûrah al-Nisâ’: 135]

Reply #3 - August 27, 2012, 10:52 AM

.... critical analysis ..... reading...

..........The God Delusion ......

Hmm Indeed that is the problem to momins.....

Bloody  critical analysis ..... blood reading...   ........bloody The God Delusion .. finmad finmad  

bloody computers  comp26

THEY ALL SHOULD BE BANNED

"O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort justice or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [Sûrah al-Nisâ’: 135]

Go Criss!

Yes reading that verse made me purer .. Thank you Kellogg

Kellog get  me  more   Cereal from Quran...   And welcome to CEMB

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #4 - August 27, 2012, 12:35 PM

Welcome to the forum.

I read ur second post. very interesting Smiley

Are you saying you are an Agnostic or an Atheist now?

Do you still consider Islam or the Quran the word of God ?

Reply #5 - August 27, 2012, 12:55 PM

Welcome to the forum.

I read ur second post. very interesting Smiley

Are you saying you are an Agnostic or an Atheist now?

Do you still consider Islam or the Quran the word of God ?

Hi.Thanks a lot!I am an atheist,following the Madhab of Bertrand Russell Rahimahullah.

To yeeezevee:
    I didn't know what to name myself.Had a box of cereal right by my side with the big,bold and beautiful Kellogg's logo.Thus the name.

Reply #6 - August 27, 2012, 01:17 PM

lol Cheesy

Reply #7 - August 27, 2012, 01:36 PM

Hi.Thanks a lot!I am an atheist,following the Madhab of Bertrand Russell Rahimahullah.

Hmm., is that a spell mistake?? you mean Bertrand Rasool.,   Err..... I don't understand this allah., why would "Allah" make so many Rassols?  give so many troubles to so many so many people.,   common man... just make one Allahsool....

To yeeezevee:
    I didn't know what to name myself.Had a box of cereal right by my side with the big,bold and beautiful Kellogg's logo.Thus the name.

No nooo.,  ..Kellogg  is good., I just want to  eat  some tasty verses from  Kellogg's Cereal box ., Hmm I like this from that cereal box..

"Ibn Abbas narrates that Hadhrath Umar went before Rasulullah (s) and "Master I am destroyed!'. Rasulullah (s) asked 'what thing has destroyed you?'. Umar replied last night I had  XXXX  sex. Rasulullah (s) did not give a reply to Umar, then Allah (swt) sent down this revelation

"Your wives are as a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth when or how ye will; the words 'kabool wa Dhabar' (the anus is accepted)"

Yes ..yes.. revelations comes in waves over waves in defense of Islam/Rasool Allah and his followers.... that is from Sunni Defense  .,

Huuu!??  Is that really Trueee...Huh?

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #8 - August 27, 2012, 06:43 PM

An interesting story. yes

Welcome. Smiley

Life is what happens to you while you're staring at your smartphone.

Eternal Sunshine of the Religionless Mind
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »