Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Death

(Read 15555 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Death
     Reply #30 - May 31, 2012, 07:38 AM

It was probably the hot sex that blew the aneurysm. Just sayin'.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #31 - June 24, 2012, 11:27 AM

Thoughts of death make only the religious more devout

Thinking about death makes Christians and Muslims, but not atheists, more likely to believe in God, new research finds, suggesting that the old saying about "no atheists in foxholes" doesn't hold water.

Agnostics, however, do become more willing to believe in God when reminded of death. The only catch is that they're equally as likely to believe in Buddha or Allah as the Christian deity, even though all the agnostics in the study were  American and thus more likely to be exposed to Christian beliefs.

The findings confirm that while religion can help people deal with death, we all manage our own existential fears of dying through our pre-existing worldview, the researchers report in an upcoming issue of the journal Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin.

MSNBC
     Reply #32 - July 12, 2012, 10:11 PM

I love stumbling across the odd quote that makes me want to grab a notebook and jot it down. These are my top two on death:

“Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no tomorrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace.” - Oscar Wilde

"I know it is coming, and I do not fear it, because I believe there is nothing on the other side of death to fear. I hope to be spared as much pain as possible on the approach path. I was perfectly content before I was born, and I think of death as the same state. I am grateful for the gifts of intelligence, love, wonder and laughter. You can’t say it wasn’t interesting. My lifetime’s memories are what I have brought home from the trip. I will require them for eternity no more than that little souvenir of the Eiffel Tower I brought home from Paris." - Roger Ebert

Our conscious being and our awareness of everything that we know of in this observable universe will have retired, but our physical being will be as present as it ever was in. The 100-trillion atoms or so that constitute who we are will be recycled and spread to create new life all around. This, my friends, is the real and true way of eternal life. And the more elegant one I'll add; I'd prefer this option rather than be lobotomised and drool and slobber around with endless praise to tyrant. Or writhe around in hell, which I'm glad to find, along with the green gardens, doesn't exist.

Lover of all things whimsy.
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »