Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Mob of thousands beat man to death for desecrating Quran in Pakistan

(Read 3986 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Mob of thousands beat man to death for desecrating Quran in Pakistan
     OP - July 04, 2012, 09:28 PM

So this guy threw pages of the Quran into the street, got reported by his neighbors, and was taken into police interrogation (thanks to the fucking blasphemy law). A mob of thousands forcibly took him out of the police station, beat him to death, and then burned his body. This is really sickening!

Full Article: http://dawn.com/2012/07/04/mob-kills-man-burns-corpse-for-desecrating-quran/

EDIT: Sorry for the misleading title, the man was beaten to death and then burned (according to the above Article), he wasn't burned alive
  • Re: Mob of thousands burns alive man accused of desecrating Quran in Pakistan
     Reply #1 - July 04, 2012, 09:45 PM

Sad, but unfortunately par for the course for Pakistan it seems. That country just keeps spiraling further and further into Islamist political influence and Islamic fundamentalism. And the mob's appetite for such a draconian society seems as insatiable as their blood lust, as exemplified in such stories. Not sure if there's a path to a turnaround for such a country.  Cry

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #2 - July 04, 2012, 10:15 PM

A mob has many heads but no brains !  finmad

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #3 - July 04, 2012, 10:23 PM

Credit where its due, the police did try their best, they fired tear gas into the crowed, a few days before, they shoot at the mob and killed a few fuckers too. The reality was after two days the mob lead by Islamist mosques in Bawalpur urged on the crowed until it the police were overwhelmed. At least they issued in an inquiry into this and launched and investigation.
     Reply #4 - July 04, 2012, 10:27 PM

I don't think anyone's blaming the police.  Its the mob led by Islamist shit stirrers that are responsible for this insanity.  And the level of insanity is breathtaking - killing a person over a few pages from a book.  Unfuckingbelievable.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #5 - July 04, 2012, 10:31 PM

I don't think anyone's blaming the police.  Its the mob led by Islamist shit stirrers that are responsible for this insanity.  And the level of insanity is breathtaking - killing a person over a few pages from a book.  Unfuckingbelievable.

The only reason I said that was because about two years ago the police watched on while two brothers were lynched to death by an angry mob over a theft. Many of the police officers were sent to jail because of that. So, at least the police learned their lesson from last time round, and this time at least did try to protect this guy.
     Reply #6 - July 04, 2012, 10:38 PM

It's always annyoing, and surprising when it happens in Punjab. Since the majority of Punjabi's are not hardliners, they have a pretty loose religious structure, unlike other provinces of Pakistan. It seems, the hardliners are organizing themselves and using mosques as a front to preach their hardline stance. I hate it, its just getting too out of hand, I love that place its so beautiful Punjab is, but its starting to become a shithole like the rest of the subcontinent.   
     Reply #7 - July 04, 2012, 10:54 PM

Police say they are trying to identify the victim, who was said to be mentally unstable.

"The man had no idea what was going on," said an official.

"While he was in our custody, he kept laughing and chanting."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-18713545

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #8 - July 04, 2012, 11:00 PM

Yeah I read that too its a shame really. Poor guy man.
     Reply #9 - July 04, 2012, 11:27 PM

Cry Poor fellah.  finmad
     Reply #10 - July 05, 2012, 12:08 AM

Animals

Reply #11 - July 05, 2012, 12:08 AM

Police say they are trying to identify the victim, who was said to be mentally unstable.

"The man had no idea what was going on," said an official.

"While he was in our custody, he kept laughing and chanting."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-18713545

Bullshit, he was possessed by Jins and stuff like that.

Reply #12 - July 05, 2012, 03:17 AM

These kinds of situations are very difficult.

Question not answered and action not taken:
    As soon as the announcements began to be made over the mosque loud speaker why was not some one arrested for obstruction of just or interfering with the investigation of a crime.

As regards the polices ability to do something once the mob action is started. The article described loss of life and injury on the part of law enforcement in an attempt to protect this man. The police were out numbered by some untold odds but perhaps not in equipment. Still reason must be used in how many more would die. So the blame is only on those individuals in the mob who failed to obey the commands of law enforcement. Each and every person in that mob should be put on trial for murder or aiding and abetting a murder.

Is the title of this thread somewhat misleading? Not that it make a whole lot of difference. Either way would be a horrible way to die beaten to death or burned a live. Beaten to death then burned. Just in an effort to report honestly.

Are those who insight prejudice of any sort any lease guilty of narrow minded thinking then this mob?

If at first you succeed...try something harder.

Failing isn't falling down. Failing is not getting back up again.
     Reply #13 - July 05, 2012, 06:39 AM

~~ its starting to become a shithole like the rest of the subcontinent.   

Sorry! over generalization

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #14 - July 05, 2012, 09:00 AM

Sorry! over generalization

Really? I can't think of one Desi at least country which is not fucked up, India for example is totally fucked up with corrupted politicians lining their own pockets,  witch hunts, female infanticide, Hindutva fanaticism, killing of Muslims, and Christians etc, huge poverty, I recently watched a program where big business was basically stealing land from poor fisher men (lower caste) and they had no rights to challenge just terrible. And Bangladesh poverty and corrupted politicians, kidnapping of women/girls, student politics I could go on and on with Bangladesh, poor at cricket. Pakistan totally fucked up, needs the army to take over. Sri Lanka, virtually no infrastructure, raining alot of the time. Afghanistan, downtown Kabul consists of about 3 grocery stores. Ah Ok Maldives that's about the relatively OK country but it also has its own problem. None of these countries have proper sanitation, they literally are shitholes.
     Reply #15 - July 05, 2012, 09:15 AM

These kinds of situations are very difficult.

Question not answered and action not taken:
    As soon as the announcements began to be made over the mosque loud speaker why was not some one arrested for obstruction of just or interfering with the investigation of a crime.

In Pakistan their can be upto 5 different mosques, in one small village, in the division this happen is has about half a million population and their could be over 15/20k mosques, all of them have loud speakers, since they issue call to prayer, and basically the mosques are left open most of them are usually empty, and one can walk in and basically hijack the loud speaker. And in this case I don't think the police was aware this was going on until after the incident, when they investigated, many times these mosques are in very rural areas which are no-go areas for the police.

As regards the polices ability to do something once the mob action is started. The article described loss of life and injury on the part of law enforcement in an attempt to protect this man. The police were out numbered by some untold odds but perhaps not in equipment.

They have pretty bad equipment, most folks in Pakistan have automatic rifles so does the police. basically this is Punjab police:
     They can't even control a handful of nurses
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI5_m7m5LxA  

You must see this one, woman beats up police officer in public:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1W1ady1pn4&t=35s

Still reason must be used in how many more would die. So the blame is only on those individuals in the mob who failed to obey the commands of law enforcement. Each and every person in that mob should be put on trial for murder or aiding and abetting a murder.

Is the title of this thread somewhat misleading? Not that it make a whole lot of difference. Either way would be a horrible way to die beaten to death or burned a live. But wasn't he beaten to death then burned. Just in an effort to report honestl

Are those who insight prejudice of any sort any lease guilty of narrow minded thinking then this mob?

Yeah I hope they get arrested and sent to jail though.
     Reply #16 - July 05, 2012, 12:12 PM

In Pakistan their can be upto 5 different mosques, in one small village, in the division this happen is has about half a million population and their could be over 15/20k mosques, all of them have loud speakers, since they issue call to prayer, and basically the mosques are left open most of them are usually empty, and one can walk in and basically hijack the loud speaker. And in this case I don't think the police was aware this was going on until after the incident, when they investigated, many times these mosques are in very rural areas which are no-go areas for the police.
    They have pretty bad equipment, most folks in Pakistan have automatic rifles so does the police. basically this is Punjab police:
     They can't even control a handful of nurses
    Yeah I hope they get arrested and sent to jail though.

I've been to Pakistan not to any metro areas except to the airport drive through. That was Rawalpindi (hope I spelled the correctly) then went north west area and into Afghanistan and no man's land. However I have lived were there are multiple Mosque in a relatively populated area. Different Mosques have different quality sound systems. Also it is not that difficult to hear from what direction a sound as distinct as a call from a Mosque is coming from even or especially when several are calling. Those are the observations of myself as a youngsters that have only been strengthened with time. Perhaps the Mosques are open but I doubt they are ever totally unattended some old man or some young boy is watching out for the well being of the property be it an official or unofficial position. In Pakistan maybe they have that odd custom of leaving the property unattended. So if the Imam responsible for a given Mosque could provethe sound system was "hijacked" without his knowledge or consent and he made all effort to cooperate with the investigation of the crime he would not be guilty of anything.  If it was common knowledge that such investigations would be conducted perhaps the practise of allowing the Mosque's equipment to be "hijacked" for criminal purposes would change.

If Pakistan cares so little for the safety of it's citizens that it doesn't equip and train it's law enforcement agencies those agencies can hardly be held responsible. The government that should train and equip them is the culprit.

As regards the nurses LOL I guess that problem exists across cultural lines. Kind of funny to see. It would have been nice to understand all the dialogue. Nurses and law enforcement have a "special" love hate relationship. LOL So that video doesn't count in my book. Nurses are kind of out of control LOL. But police know that sooner or later they will need them.

It all depends on what kind of justice system there is in Pakistan.

If at first you succeed...try something harder.

Failing isn't falling down. Failing is not getting back up again.
     Reply #17 - July 05, 2012, 01:03 PM

So this guy threw pages of the Quran into the street, got reported by his neighbors, and was taken into police interrogation (thanks to the fucking blasphemy law). A mob of thousands forcibly took him out of the police station and burned him alive. This is really sickening!

Full Article: http://dawn.com/2012/07/04/mob-kills-man-burns-corpse-for-desecrating-quran/

According to the article you linked to, he was not "burnt alive". He was beaten to death and then afterwards the body was burnt. Hideous nonetheless.

Where is Yeezevee? He normally weighs in on these kind of incidents from the "land of pure"
     Reply #18 - July 05, 2012, 06:17 PM

Is the title of this thread somewhat misleading? Not that it make a whole lot of difference. Either way would be a horrible way to die beaten to death or burned a live. Beaten to death then burned. Just in an effort to report honestly.

According to the article you linked to, he was not "burnt alive". He was beaten to death and then afterwards the body was burnt. Hideous nonetheless.

Where is Yeezevee? He normally weighs in on these kind of incidents from the "land of pure"

Thanks for letting me know Lynna and Tonyt. You're both right the title is misleading, sorry I misread the article but I've updated the title and original post.

I just saw billy's link, and apparently BBC News made an error in their reporting because on http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-18713545 they are saying he was burnt to death, while Dawn says he was killed to death and then burned.  Huh?
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »