Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Child marriage in London

(Read 1803 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Child marriage in London
     OP - May 19, 2012, 03:01 PM

Just seen this article from January

http://www.islingtontribune.com/news/2012/jan/islington-girls-forced-marriage-age-nine

slington girls forced into marriage at the age of nine

TRIBUNE INVESTIGATION: Imam condemns ordeal of youngsters still in primary school amid alarming number of abuse cases

Published: January 27, 2012
    by PAVAN AMARA

AN alarming number of under-age girls – some as young as nine – are being forced into marriage in Islington, according to a leading campaign group.

The Iranian and Kurdish Women’s Rights Organisation (IKWRO) claim that at least 30 girls in the borough  were forced into marriage in 2010.

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
  • Re: Child marriage in London
     Reply #1 - June 26, 2012, 01:38 AM

This is so tragic. Cry I die a little inside every single time I hear a new child marriage. I've not been to an actual marriage ceremony of a child bride, but I've seen them and the misery in their eyes when I went with my parents to my home country a few years ago. You feel so helpless and it's given me burning impulse which sticks with me to this day, if I ever witness such an atrocity about to take place, I probably will grab the innocent girl, knock out the mindless sheep of adults and RUN! And if the girl's been abused - rare, but it does happen - then it's imperative to find a way to get hold of the perverted monster responsible and emasculate him with pliers, a blow torch, and a bucket of lemon juice. When you see and hear these old fuckers, you see how they're beyond help. Divine permission, my arse.

Lover of all things whimsy.
     Reply #2 - June 26, 2012, 02:11 AM

thank you moi.. if there was anything  that helped me shed the shakles of religion it was realizing how much god hates females..

hi mindboom.. welcome..
     there is an introduction thread to the forum. i'm sure everyone would like an opportunity to officially welcome you..
     Reply #3 - July 02, 2012, 02:38 PM

Why haven't they been nicked then?

Arthur.
     Reply #4 - July 02, 2012, 03:20 PM

@thread

"Your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him, and that you be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honor." - Surah Al Isra (17:23).

According to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), the parents of a certain person are his Heaven or Hell.

sometimes I think fluffy thing in Islam give ideas to parent that their children is a property,  I hateeeeeee thissssss soooooo much, hence most of us in the past tend to be obedient, quiet, rebellion are considered very severe in Islamic families, but then this only my opinion regarding my past experience, fuck to people who support child marriage

Duty of children towards parents clearly defined
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »