Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
April 16, 2024, 07:25 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hi..what's your problem?

(Read 43536 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 13 14 1516 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Hi..what's your problem?
     Reply #420 - September 12, 2012, 04:02 PM

why do they trouble you?

well then watch Islamic videos.. and read hadith and Quran

Well you seem not to understand the difference between attacking Muslims and attacking faith,,.. The Islamic faith and the silly rituals that comes along with it.

yeezevee: there are no 'silly rituals' that you speak of. There is absolutely nothing wrong with praying. Regarding your videos, that is only if someone leaves Islam and publically attacks Islam or creates rebellion against Islam.

“Let there be no compulsion in religion. Truth has been made clear from error." [Sûrah al-Baqarah: 256]
     Reply #421 - September 12, 2012, 04:09 PM

yeezevee: there are no 'silly rituals' that you speak of. There is absolutely nothing wrong with praying. Regarding your videos, that is only if someone leaves Islam and publically attacks Islam or creates rebellion against Islam.

there are plenty of them superstrike., Here click   "Islamic rituals" and watch all of them

“Let there be no compulsion in religion. Truth has been made clear from error." [Sûrah al-Baqarah: 256]

It is not only that verse,  we have more ., Well you got to read more.,  there are 114 chapters  with 6346 verses.. Off  course don't forget hadith superstrike

But I am glad you are reading  cemb., please continue..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #422 - September 12, 2012, 05:41 PM

Pepe: the only difference is that what i'm saying is the truth. And at least i'm not attacking anyone else's beliefs. Islam teaches tolerance, which is what i'm trying to display.

Most of you seem to have a bad experience that was related to being muslim (but not Islam itself) and then had a knee-jerk reaction and left Islam. For some of you, it went even further, you began attacking the very faith that brought you your good values, in a form of rebellion.

I think many of you have emotional issues that need to be addressed, maybe with psychological help. Then again, I have heard of people who left Islam and returned, so each to their own.

yeah right  Cheesy Cheesy

Read the Quran for further information Cheesy

Reply #423 - September 12, 2012, 05:43 PM

Pepe: the only difference is that what i'm saying is the truth. And at least i'm not attacking anyone else's beliefs. Islam teaches tolerance, which is what i'm trying to display.

Most of you seem to have a bad experience that was related to being muslim (but not Islam itself) and then had a knee-jerk reaction and left Islam. For some of you, it went even further, you began attacking the very faith that brought you your good values, in a form of rebellion.

I think many of you have emotional issues that need to be addressed, maybe with psychological help. Then again, I have heard of people who left Islam and returned, so each to their own.

SS please don't be silly. Islam does not teach tolerance. One can cherry pick verses to say it teaches tolerance then there are the complete opposite verses and historical examples. What you are saying is "The Truth"? No it isn't... You believe it to be the truth on faith only.

Seriously mate you need to pull your fingers out your ears and open your eyes because you ate getting you answers here from many of us yet you still choose to ignore these answers and keep on repeating the same old questions and declarations when they have been answered.

It's obvious to anyone reading your comments that you are like a horse with blinders on. Your vision is limited through religion. You are only allowed to look in one direction and that's exactly what you are doing. The difference is we have taken off these blinders and understand and see the world around us a hell of a lot better.

As for the Islamic faith bringing me good values well I had those values already even when I was not a Muslim (I converted at the age of 20 and left it at 35). Before Islam I had love and respect for my parents, I tried to treat people well, help others etc etc. Islam gave me nothing new in that sense. Most of us left it because we chose to use our brain and conscience instead of letting faith have rule over our decisions. The people who have had a bad experience with the religion have pretty much had that bad experience because they rejected Islam and Islam demonizes those who leave it.

-------------------
    Believe in yourself
    -------------------
    Strike me down and I'll just become another nail in your coffin
    -------------------
    There's such a thing as sheep in wolfs clothing... religious fanatics
     Reply #424 - September 12, 2012, 05:55 PM

Pepe, there must have been a reason why you converted, and also a reason why you left.

Now you're back to square 1. You no longer have a purpose in life, when you once had the truth.

Have you ever asked yourself what happens when you die? I want everyone in this forum to go to heaven. It's never too late. Allah is the most merciful, the most kind.

I hope many of you will at least keep an open mind regarding their views on Islam.
     Reply #425 - September 12, 2012, 06:09 PM

Most of you seem to have a bad experience that was related to being muslim (but not Islam itself)

No... I simply believe that religions, particularly Islam, are a load of complete, utter bullshit.

and then had a knee-jerk reaction and left Islam.

Typical ignorant Muslim talking out of his arse.

It took me nearly two years of reading, thinking, and hell yes praying, before I left Islam. (I just can't believe it took me that long, in all truth.)

you began attacking the very faith that brought you your good values, in a form of rebellion.

We attack it because it's a load of crap that we wasted our lives on.  Muslims are determined to ram Islam down people's throats. You fuckers can't go 5 minutes without complaining about something..... it's you that bring all that attention to yourselves.

You mean re-brainwashing with that pile of shit you call Islam?

Bottom line is - (as to why we hate some Muslims and Islam.)

1. Islam is fucking bullshit and is the source of so much trouble, on a global scale, social scale and personal scale.

2. We wasted our lives on it.

3. Some Muslims are twats that draw attention to themselves and their religion thinking they're entitled to whatever they demand.

Go fuck yourselves.
     Reply #426 - September 12, 2012, 06:25 PM

Superstrike I would say that circumcision though not necessarily harmful (given proper training and treatment) is not exactly worthy of doing for any rational reason given proper hygiene practices (washing with boiled warm water). What is harmful about it though is denying people the choice to alter their body in any way, it is also wrong for parents to think about the appearance of their child's genitals, its perverse. It lacks reasoning cause it is done on faith, belief without evidence. This can lead to wrong practice in the future in terms of decision making, people don't think about things they just do them because of tradition without thinking them through.

The above brain patterns can lead to mob mentality due to conformity like with the recent video from the states critical of Islam leading to the death of the US ambassador to Libya. People don't think of what they are doing and think 'he didn't order that video or have any links with the video maker. Let's not kill him. Depicting the prophet doesn't cause the world to change either, so I'm not that fussed (me becoming fussed would cause attention to go to the video which I don't want).'

If this thought pattern would be put in to place, I believe you would think about your god's heaven criteria and think that is not fair. He provides no evidence of his existence yet requires belief in him to go to heaven where he want's everyone to go. Surely if he wants that then either he should judge and allocate according to people's actions or appear to everyone in 'person'. Then it would be far more fair for everybody.

Given how male centric Islam seems to be, for example with heaven depicted as having lots of sexual adventures for men and not women, would the chances lead more to the conclusion of it being man-made given the lack of evidence for god?   
     Reply #427 - September 12, 2012, 06:28 PM

Please everyone, only add to my points. If not don't jump onto my points again to starstrike.
     Reply #428 - September 12, 2012, 06:37 PM

I think many of you have emotional issues that need to be addressed, maybe with psychological help.

Indeed. There are certainly some. This forum is something of a refuge for those with deep psychological scars as a result of an Islamic upbringing, or those still suffocating in a hostile Islamic environment.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #429 - September 12, 2012, 07:02 PM

The Demba is upset

1. Islam is fucking bullshit and is the source of so much trouble, on a global scale, social scale and personal scale.

common Demba superstrike  is not that bad guy.,  but you are right., Islam or any  other faith that doesn't allow scrutinizing its origins, its history, its scriptures  is indeed  fucking bullshit .,

These silly faiths are  indeed the source of   trouble, on a global scale, social scale, political scale, economic scale  personal scale and in every other scale..   but Demba superstrike is a good guy., Let me show how nice and naive superstrike is ., SS says

1).  I disagree with homosexuality (as do most people, even non-muslims). Jinn DO exist, as does Shaitan. Yes men and women are certainly equal, but each possess their own unique roles in society.

2). The Qu'ran uses a lot of metaphors and has a distinct prose style.

3).   It is wrong that one child bullies another (verbally) because he doesn't like his victim's clothes or taste in music. If the bully constructively criticises his victim's clothes/ music, then that is acceptable.

see that.........

Reply #430 - September 12, 2012, 07:10 PM

Pepe, there must have been a reason why you converted, and also a reason why you left.

Now you're back to square 1. You no longer have a purpose in life, when you once had the truth.

Have you ever asked yourself what happens when you die? I want everyone in this forum to go to heaven. It's never too late. Allah is the most merciful, the most kind.

I hope many of you will at least keep an open mind regarding their views on Islam.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes   The wise guy who said " The heart has its reasons that reason does not know " must have made this statement after banging his head against the wall umpteen times because he was overwhelmed by the pigheadedness of many people of your ilk.
    Those poor blokes did not know any better, but to emulate them in the 21st century is embarrassing to say the least !

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #431 - September 12, 2012, 07:12 PM

Lmao even yeezevee is no match for this guy!

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Reply #432 - September 12, 2012, 07:37 PM

What constitutes attacking or rebellion Vs Islam? One Muslim might think one thing another might think another. Does creating rebellion include fostering doubts in the minds of Muslim's by debate, or is it militant action versus Muslim's from an ex-Muslim? I do not agree with any violent action for anybodies beliefs which are causing no deaths of people, I do believe in reaction to deaths for example for apostasy (retaliation against the death to the apostate). If something is criticism or mocking of Islam which causes no physical harm, with only misplaced mental anguish for the Muslim (surely proof in anybody's mind that their beliefs are not all they are cracked up to be?) then it is a non-issue. So what if you are offended for an ideology which has no proof or evidence of positive effects in the world, the trial period has been long for it and it has not worked out so why bother keeping it going if it causes no positive effects?

For example my father says he is Christian cause it offers a good moral code and structure for society. I say yes it is good to follow morals, but it does not matter where they come from, follow morals for morals sake (it isn't rocket science after all) instead. Why do you need the label as it is a loaded word? He could provide no logical reason and got all defensive about it (cause it is what he was instructed in from an early age). There is no logic behind it at all just comfort from something familiar from childhood, all emotional and a feeling of belonging that comes along with it. This feeling of belonging to a family is tribalism and results in an 'I'm better than you' attitude. Why submit? Cause it makes him feel good. Why should you feel good or proud of something you never wrote or reasoned through and picked yourself out of logic and reason?
     Reply #433 - September 12, 2012, 08:36 PM

You don't need religion to have a purpose in life. My purpose in life is to be the best I can be and leave as much good in this world for my kids and the next generation. I don't need Islam to do that.

Don't assume I'm back at square 1. I'm way beyond where I started. I was young and naive when I converted. I was drawn to Islam by what I thought was the loving path of the Sufis. When I converted to Sunni Islam I realized pretty fast through experience and reading that what I imagined Islam to be and the reality of it in its teachings and history are entirely different. It's cult mentality on a grand scale and I was honest enough with myself to eventually recognize it and shed it off. Life is a journey and I'm a hell of a lot wiser after going through and coming out of Islam.

What happens when I die? Nothing other than my atoms will be absorbed back into the universe and I'm totally at peace with that. I will cease to exist. I don't need a fairy tale of some heaven or hell to guide my life or give me some comfort about death.

You come off as arrogant SS. Do you think you are talking to people here who don't know of Islam of have not actively practiced and researched it as believers and then non-believers?  Religion has blinded your own personal moral compass and common sense (as it did with many of us when we believed in this rubbish). Instead of getting so easily offended just think about it from the other side... Go on try it. We have already been on your side. You said earlier that you had the "Truth"... Which truth? The truth that a man was able to communicate with an all knowing creator then had sex with a 9 year old and took a ride on a magic donkey to heaven. He split the moon and slaughtered all males who had reached the age of puberty from one tribe then "married" and had sex with the a woman who's father and husband he had just killed earlier that day? I could go on and on and all this is from your own sources... Your Hadith, your Quran and your Islamic history.

-------------------
    Believe in yourself
    -------------------
    -------------------
     Reply #434 - September 12, 2012, 10:38 PM

Thanks...

I didn't really come here to bring people back to Islam. Like I said, I found this site by accident and I was interested. I promise you I am an open minded practising muslim. My views are:

If you want to be muslim..great.
    If you don't want to be muslim - fine, it's your choice. It's not my call, it's God's call. I actually encourage my Christian friends to go to church and pray for me e.g. before exams/ family illness etc.

I disagree with homosexuality (as do most people, even non-muslims). Jinn DO exist, as does Shaitan. Yes men and women are certainly equal, but each possess their own unique roles in society.

Well it only takes a second to reveal an idiot... To quote bill Maher " do you think gay teenagers who committed suicide due to persecution sat down and thought geez what's a way I could get beat up more"  

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #435 - September 12, 2012, 10:53 PM

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, some muslims have extreme views, I addressed that earlier. We believe that only in certain circumstances, is the death penalty warranted after a fair trial for apostates (I will not go into detail, it's a long topic).

I don't understand what you mean by this 'truth about Islam' you keep talking about? What are these 'lies' that muslims tell people to convert them?

As an ex muslim you should know that it is haram to lie, so most practicising muslims try their best not to lie.

I agree, Islam (or any set of beliefs) is not immune to criticism. It is ridicule/ attacks that I have a problem with. I don't just mean attacks on islam, I mean attacks on christianity, Judaism etc etc are equally wrong.

The only time where attacks/ ridicule maybe warranted is when it is aimed at a group that is hurting people/ animals.

I believe that only in certain circumstances after a fair trial by the Council of Atheists I can come over to your house and beat the hell out of you because of your beliefs. Can't go into detail because it's a long topic  Smiley

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #436 - September 12, 2012, 11:46 PM

I wish there was a "like" button on here coz I'd "like" the hell out of sone of these comments Smiley

-------------------
    Believe in yourself
    -------------------
    -------------------
     Reply #437 - September 12, 2012, 11:54 PM

Hello people...

long time..what's new? I hope many have you have had the chance to become more respecful to the faith you have decided to leave... (wishful thinking!) parrot

Hello guy.
    Do you feel offended if I say “There is no God, Muhammad was no prophet, and it's not a good idea to cut the hand of thieves” ?
     Reply #438 - September 13, 2012, 12:44 AM

the very faith that brought you your good values

I fancy I have relatively 'good values', but have never been a Muslim. How do you account for this?

Or am I a total bastard without even knowing it?
     Reply #439 - September 13, 2012, 12:46 AM

I submit that it is factual. He ignores those posts that he cannot answer, because he cannot bring himself to admit that ex-Muslims can have the same right to opine about Islam as he has. He calls for tolerance, but only for those other God-fearing inferiors with whom he claims common cause, and does so only secondarily to his 'right' not to listen to what he does not want to hear. And, finally, when the enterprise of telling us to shut up collapses around his ears, he consoles himself with the thought that unbelievers shall burn in hell as due reward from a just God.

Hardly heroic stuff, is it?

Beautiful, Toor. Chapeau.
     Reply #440 - September 13, 2012, 01:27 AM

Guys, stop feeding this troll by giving him attention. He is just looking for one by trying to provoke us, he's not here to reason.

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #441 - September 13, 2012, 03:20 AM

Islam teaches tolerance, which is what i'm trying to display.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

Life is what happens to you while you're staring at your smartphone.

Eternal Sunshine of the Religionless Mind
     Reply #442 - September 13, 2012, 07:54 AM

I believe that only in certain circumstances after a fair trial by the Council of Atheists I can come over to your house and beat the hell out of you because of your beliefs. Can't go into detail because it's a long topic  Smiley

Lmao rofl rofl See! the most that atheists do is the beat the hell out of people with or without the approval of their 'council' ,THEY DON'T KILL !

Thomas Paine

Reply #443 - September 13, 2012, 07:55 AM

Yes! coz he's blind !

Thomas Paine

Reply #444 - September 13, 2012, 09:07 AM

As i noted earlier, some people on this forum seem to want to attack me just because i'm muslim. I think a lot of you need to calm down. I'm not an extremist and I empathise with your views. It certainly isn't always easy to be muslim in this day and age, what with all the negativity towards Islam these days.

I deny the accusation that I am a troll. You are forgetting that I'm a human being too like yourselves. For some reason, you guys chose to leave Islam, I differ with you in that I want to stick to my religion and believe it to be the truth. There is nothing wrong with discussing our differing outlooks on life, is there? If everyone was the same, this world would be boring.

I think it's all well and good thinking that you have been 'set-free' from religion, but you are forgetting that some people in the world hold their beliefs very close to their hearts.

'The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.'
     - Socrates
     Reply #445 - September 13, 2012, 09:16 AM

As i noted earlier, some people on this forum seem to want to attack me just because i'm muslim. I think a lot of you need to calm down. I'm not an extremist and I empathise with your views....

Hi superstrike  how are you doing??   common take it easy.. people just throwing some comments and interacting/reacting to your views

'
    The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.'
     - Socrates

Hmm I didn't know  - Socrates said "YOU KNOW NOTHING" .. I agree to disagree with him...  everybody knows something..

Reply #446 - September 13, 2012, 09:19 AM

Very affecting, brother. Bravo.

A couple of things, though.

Firstly, nobody's stopping you from 'sticking to your religion'. Hell, superglue yourself to it if you want. Just don't expect applause for it, especially here of all places.

Secondly, a discussion cannot take place if you insist on ignoring those things you find the most inconvenient (multiply stated), and insist that you're owed a degree of respect that you fail to allow anyone else. But then, a discussion isn't really what you're after, is it?

Also, how did you get from this:

Well i'm still a believer and always will be. You can all go to hell if you want.

to this:

i'm leaving this forum now because i've tried to intiate intelligent conversation with you amoebas, but all i get is wild accusations and personal attacks. Therefore i've concluded it's a waste of time trying to get through to a bunch of gays. Good riddance. freaks.

(wow, suddenly i feel so free..now i know how you all felt!)

to this?

You are forgetting that I'm a human being too like yourselves.

tl/dr, because you seem to have trouble with reading comprehension; nice try.
     Reply #447 - September 13, 2012, 09:44 AM

As i noted earlier, some people on this forum seem to want to attack me just because i'm muslim. I think a lot of you need to calm down. I'm not an extremist and I empathise with your views.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

*Yawn* Boring, Next troll please!

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #448 - September 13, 2012, 10:00 AM

As i noted earlier, some people on this forum seem to want to attack me just because i'm muslim. I think a lot of you need to calm down. I'm not an extremist and I empathise with your views. It certainly isn't always easy to be muslim in this day and age, what with all the negativity towards Islam these days.

I deny the accusation that I am a troll. You are forgetting that I'm a human being too like yourselves. For some reason, you guys chose to leave Islam, I differ with you in that I want to stick to my religion and believe it to be the truth. There is nothing wrong with discussing our differing outlooks on life, is there? If everyone was the same, this world would be boring.

I think it's all well and good thinking that you have been 'set-free' from religion, but you are forgetting that some people in the world hold their beliefs very close to their hearts.

'The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.'
     - Socrates

Reply #449 - September 13, 2012, 06:22 PM

*Yawn* Boring, Next troll please!

Does unkindness go hand in hand with becoming 'ex-muslim'? I'm starting to think it does. Like i mentioned earlier, Islam gave many of you your values. It seems once you left Islam, you lost some of those values because as atheists, you (believe that you) are no longer accountable for your unjust actions. But what do I know? I'm just a 'troll'!
  • Previous page 1 ... 13 14 1516 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »