Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: ANTI-URDU CAMPAIGN (For musivore)

(Read 30124 times)
  • 12 3 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • ANTI-URDU CAMPAIGN (For musivore)
     OP - June 17, 2012, 04:35 PM

First, happy Father's day, dear musivore. I love you.

There is a problem on the forum that needs to be addressed yesterday and that problem is Urdu.

Before I joined the forums many months ago the place was a complete mess - despite a dedicated Urdu board you could find izafe on any page where people from all over the world would gather to discuss stuff in English.

Yes we all know that there is a smaller problem of some members occasionally conversing in phoenician in the main section, however Nesrin is among those members and no one can be angry at her. Issue dismissed.

Then I have been known to lash out in Cyrillic when injustice spread by traitors of the land of pure transgressed all possible boundaries. However I am such a minority on this forum that if I scream "discrimination" - Scotland Yard will be knocking on CEMB's doors tomorrow. (Keep this in mind my beloved friend z10 before you jump to action.) 

Thus we are left with the Urdu problem. My justified outrage in my early days on the forum produced some tangible results including support from otherwise unreasonable Os.

Time went on and the shady elements on the forum lost fear for lack of punishment and clearly stated official policy on how to deal with the problem. The forum is a mess once again.

What to do? How to fix things? I asked this myself every day. After a prolonged soul searching I decided to abandon my righteous jihad (crusade) against Urdu, instead I decided to learn the silly language and then pollute/adorn each English thread with it too.

I know you will judge me for not sticking to my beliefs but not being able to change and not being able to realize what one can change can cost one dearly. I don't want to end up like the dinosaurs, brothers and sisters.

Shukriya,
    ALM

"That it is indeed the speech of an illustrious messenger" (The Koran 69:40)
  • Re: ANTI-URDU CAMPAIGN (For musivore)
     Reply #1 - June 17, 2012, 04:40 PM

Theek hai.
     Reply #2 - June 17, 2012, 05:06 PM

.बंचोद हरामजादा

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #3 - June 17, 2012, 05:18 PM

गोअत्से ज़िन्दाबाद
     Reply #4 - June 17, 2012, 05:21 PM

Jo aap kehain, waise hi ho ga janaab Smiley

and also: YOU LEARNED URDU!??!?! I thought you were Russian!!!

Self ban for Ramadan (THAT RHYMES)

Expect me to come back a Muslim. Cool Tongue j/k we'll see..
     Reply #5 - June 17, 2012, 05:25 PM

Pay attention chepea! I said I decided to learn Urdu not "I learned Urdu." Also never ever did I say I am Russian - but that is a completely different issue and I am not dealing with that injustice on this thread. And if I was Russian - why would that prevent me from learning Urdu? Are you eating all your vegetables?

Reply #6 - June 17, 2012, 05:33 PM

Oh sorry!!! Embarrassed Comprehension isn't one of my strong suits. So do you know Urdu or not? Urdu is nice, learn it!! My Urdu sucks so we can learn it together Tongue

Why do you know Cyrillic? (Which I had to google cuz I've never heard of it before Tongue)

And umm...I dunno why I said that. :/ I don't like vegetables. I had cookies though dance

Reply #7 - June 17, 2012, 05:42 PM

Happy Father's Day, brother Alex. First one is always a special one (though I've only had the chance of celebrating two as a father so far, so I can't truly extrapolate for sure when the marginal utility gained from each successive Father's day definitely decreases). But yeah, enjoy the rest of your day mate.

Lol @ thread btw. Finally, I see where you're coming from. You had me confused in parts, because you seemed to be embracing Urdu, whist simultaneously chairing the crusade against it. That seemed a contradiction. But it was only a contradiction because of my shortcomings in understanding the great chess mind that you possess. I've seen you employ such tactics before, in your crusade against trolls: you argued then that embracing and lauding the trolls was the best weapon, in the long run, to use against them. Or something along those terms... But yeah, throwing in a few laafz here and there will probably bring your point home pretty effectively. Especially jab you're involved in an important debate.

What if you grow to pyaar karna the language so much, grow so used to employing it's wonderful richness in everyday speak, that when your final victory is won, you are then unable to relinquish using it? You will then have turned into the person you hate. What then bhai saab?

Hi
     Reply #8 - June 17, 2012, 05:43 PM

Pay attention chepea! I said I decided to learn Urdu not "I learned Urdu." Also never ever did I say I am Russian - but that is a completely different issue and I am not dealing with that injustice on this thread. And if I was Russian - why would that prevent me from learning Urdu? Are you eating all your vegetables?

Cheesy Cheesy

Hi
     Reply #9 - June 17, 2012, 05:55 PM

What if you grow to pyaar karna the language so much, grow so used to employing it's wonderful richness in everyday speak, that when your final victory is won, you are then unable to relinquish using it? You will then have turned into the person you hate. What then bhai saab?

Then I will go to London, I will march in uninvited to your family picnic where you're roasting lamb kabobs probably not too far from Piccadilly Circus, I will embrace you passionately and announce to everyone, including your wife that we have been gay lovers for 12 years. No wait - that's rude - I won't do that. What I will do is I will watch all the Bollywood movies without stupid translation or subtitles! 

Reply #10 - June 17, 2012, 05:57 PM

So do you know Urdu or not? Urdu is nice, learn it!! My Urdu sucks so we can learn it together Tongue

Why do you know Cyrillic? (Which I had to google cuz I've never heard of it before Tongue)

And umm...I dunno why I said that. :/ I don't like vegetables. I had cookies though dance

No I don't. OK I will. OK let's do it.

Because they taught me it in school. I was just a kid what was I supposed to do?

No comment on the diet.

Reply #11 - June 17, 2012, 06:01 PM

Happy Father's Day, brother Alex. First one is always a special one (though I've only had the chance of celebrating two as a father so far, so I can't truly extrapolate for sure when the marginal utility gained from each successive Father's day definitely decreases). But yeah, enjoy the rest of your day mate.

Cheesy Cheesy

Omg you guys should be JOTMs!!!

Reply #12 - June 17, 2012, 06:02 PM

No I don't. OK I will. OK let's do it.

Because they taught me it in school. I was just a kid what was I supposed to do?

No comment on the diet.

YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! Let's read an Urdu book together!! I'll ask my dad for recommendations yes

Alas! Indoctrination of language! That's the worst :( I feel for you sir.

Reply #13 - June 17, 2012, 06:05 PM

Please don't let it be Koran...

Reply #14 - June 17, 2012, 06:07 PM

The Qur'an is Arabic!!

Let's read a fun fiction one!

Reply #15 - June 17, 2012, 06:15 PM

Jesus chepea! Put the cookies away!

Reply #16 - June 17, 2012, 06:30 PM

Lol @ almost all the conversation between alm and chepea. There's just too much to quote and lol at, and quoting has never been my strong point. Still got it eh dude?

Hi
     Reply #17 - June 17, 2012, 06:38 PM

Then I will go to London, I will march in uninvited to your family picnic where you're roasting lamb kabobs probably not too far from Piccadilly Circus, I will embrace you passionately and announce to everyone, including your wife that we have been gay lovers for 12 years. No wait - that's rude - I won't do that.

When I finally give up in all the shit I have to deal with...her incessant nagging...her constant Islam...her infuriating soap-opera marathons...her hatred of sports...her frustrating frigidness...her annoyingly consistent ability to breath... Then, dearest friend, I want you to fly over and do just that. Talk about a legendary, camp way to end it all. I'd love it..

Hi
     Reply #18 - June 17, 2012, 06:45 PM

All jokes aside - for you I will do it.

Reply #19 - June 17, 2012, 06:51 PM

Whats going on where, I thought I was reading my buddy MAB.
     Reply #20 - June 17, 2012, 06:58 PM

Quit the drugs, paranoia will go away.

Reply #21 - June 17, 2012, 07:01 PM

It is a very MABesque type thread Mr Tut. And that can only be good.

Anyways, King: friend, genius, fellow-countryman; how the hell are you? Join us for our Northern gathering? I'd love to shake your hand mate.

Hi
     Reply #22 - June 17, 2012, 07:03 PM

Quit the drugs, paranoia will go away.

Shit, he's implying you're him?

They're different ppl mate, take it from me. I've skyped them both. Naked. Alex is the best stud I've ever had. MAB is a shrivelled girl. And I'm being kind to her there.

Hi
     Reply #23 - June 17, 2012, 07:05 PM

All jokes aside - for you I will do it.

Thanks dude  dance

Hi
     Reply #24 - June 17, 2012, 07:08 PM

Cheesy

Quite frankly, with all due respect to KT, I am not going to try and understand what he is implying now, also in the past and the future is uncertain.

Reply #25 - June 17, 2012, 09:16 PM

Jesus chepea! Put the cookies away!

Fine :( I guess we can't share laughs over a nice book then. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ALM! You're a party pooper Tongue

(j/k!!!! Smiley )

Reply #26 - June 17, 2012, 09:52 PM

No no, I'm waiting for book suggestions. Browsing through http://www.kitaabghar.com/ , realizing I don't know Urdu...

Reply #27 - June 17, 2012, 09:59 PM

Wow, all of those look like trashy chick romance novels. Tongue

My dad doesn't live here, so I have to wait for him to call. When he does, I'll give you some names!!!!!! dance It'll be fun eh!

Maybe we ought to start with baby level though..

Reply #28 - June 19, 2012, 10:32 AM

It is a very MABesque type thread Mr Tut. And that can only be good.

Anyways, King: friend, genius, fellow-countryman; how the hell are you? Join us for our Northern gathering? I'd love to shake your hand mate.

Hi there, bud. I was wondering where you disappeared to, am too much of a recluse right now to feel like having a meet up, maybe next time. Anyway it is nice to see you around.
     Reply #29 - June 19, 2012, 10:35 AM

Shit, he's implying you're him?

They're different ppl mate, take it from me. I've skyped them both. Naked. Alex is the best stud I've ever had. MAB is a shrivelled girl. And I'm being kind to her there.

No, I wasn't implying that, I talk to MAB his is a friend of mine. Alex post was quite reminiscent of MAB's style of posting.
  • 12 3 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »