Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
April 16, 2024, 07:25 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Islamic Idiots sending death threats to Abdul Sattar Edhi & Asma Jahangir

(Read 5057 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Islamic Idiots sending death threats to Abdul Sattar Edhi & Asma Jahangir
     OP - June 15, 2012, 04:17 PM

Islamic Idiots in Land of pure sending  death threats  to Abdul Sattar Edhi & Asma Jahangir

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfKn2vUiQuc

Abdul Sattar Edhi ‘under Taliban threat’

KARACHI: Pakistan’s most revered social worker has been given round-the-clock protection against an alleged Taliban threat, officials said Friday.

Abdul Sattar Edhi, 85, runs the country’s largest charity, which operates hundreds of ambulances and shelters for women, children and the destitute.

Described as a “living saint” for his modest lifestyle and charitable crusade, Edhi has won international peace awards and is one of Pakistan’s most popular figures.

But for the first time he now has round-the-clock police protection in Karachi, Pakistan’s largest city of 18 million where he is based.

“There is a threat to him by Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), which wants to kidnap him and use him to get their detained militants released in exchange,” a Pakistani security official told AFP on condition of anonymity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHHSW3tOPlw

Death threats against lawyer Asma Jahangir

Pakistan's most renowned human rights activist Asma Jahangir claims that the country’s security agency plotted to murder her. In an exclusive interview with DW, Jahangir talks about her fears.  Asma Jahangir is Pakistan's leading human rights activist and former president of the Supreme Court Bar Association of the country. She was the chairperson of the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan, a non-governmental rights-based organization, and has also worked with the United Nations as Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Religion or Belief.

DW: You have made some very serious allegations against the Pakistani security agencies, including the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI). Are your sources credible?

Asma Jahangir: I am a very responsible person, and I do not usually make these kinds of allegations. I have been threatened many times in my life but I never went to the police and never made any hue and cry about it. I believe now it is my duty to speak up and say what is needed to be said. My sources are extremely reliable.

You have been very critical of the Pakistan Army's role in politics, and also of the military agencies' human rights abuses inside Pakistan. Do you think this could be the reason they would want to eliminate you?

It is true that I have been critical of them but I have never been unduly critical. I am critical of their policies, which I do not agree with. I think that, in whatever I have said - for instance in my role as a lawyer in the missing people's cases - I have repeated what people said in court. I hoped that there would be a change in the mindset of the establishment, which unfortunately doesn't appear to have happened.

You are a prominent human rights activist and lawyer. Do you think the ISI and other security agencies could kill an internationally renowned person like yourself?

Let me remind you of our history. Prominent people have been killed in Pakistan just like in any other country. The difference between Pakistan and other countries is that in Pakistan nobody ever knows who is responsible for these murders. Akbar Bugti (the Baloch nationalist leader) was also a very prominent person. There was a warning that he would be killed. There was a warning that they would go after him. And when he was actually killed, nobody was held responsible.

But there is a democratically-elected government in Pakistan right now. Is it incapable of protecting its citizens or are the military agencies so omnipotent in Pakistan that they can do anything with impunity?

Well, I have sent a very clear message to the Pakistan People's Party's government that they are the ones who are responsible for my protection, and if my protection is not adequate I will hold them responsible. So far, some protection has been provided to me but it is not sufficient. And more importantly, I have communicated to the government that it is not for me to go to the intelligence agencies and speak to them; it is the government's duty to talk to them. And they should not do it only for me but to change the way they deal with the people of Pakistan.

Do you feel more threatened by the Islamists or the Pakistani security agencies?

To explain that, I would like to give you an example. There was an attack on me in 1995. People tried to kill me inside my house. Subsequently, after the failed attempt, there was a trial and some people were arrested. During the trial, the people who were arrested were protected by two people (as bodyguards) all the time. When the lawyers protested and demanded that they wanted to know who these people who always accompanied the accused were, we came to know that one of them was from the Intelligence Bureau, and the other one was from the ISI. All this is recorded in court's proceedings.

So you are saying that it was actually the intelligence agencies that wanted to kill you?

There is a nexus. I am not saying that agencies have connections with all groups, but they used a lot of these groups. Now the information that I have about this recent plot to kill me is not related to small groups; unfortunately it deals with the highest levels in the security services.

Are you satisfied with the recently established National Human Rights Commission? Prior to its setup, the Human Rights Watch (HRW) had requested President Asif Ali Zardari not to sign it into effect on the pretext that the Commission had no powers to investigate military agencies. Do you share the HRW's reservations about the Commission?

It will depend on the commissioner they are going to appoint. I have seen the draft of the commission. I agree with most of its clauses, if not all. It can truly be a workable commission. But in a system where even the highest judiciary is hesitant to question the military, I do not think the commission can play a big role. Nevertheless, I do not underestimate the fact that you have to setup more and more civilian organizations for justice and accountability in all fields.

Last but not least, what is your stance as rights activist and lawyer on the case of Dr. Shakeel Afridi, who has been sentenced to 33 years by a tribal court for helping the CIA in finding the whereabouts of al Qaeda's former head Osama bin Laden?

The Human Rights Commission of Pakistan has already said that every citizen has a right to due legal process, which was certainly not given to Dr. Afridi.

Interviewer: Shamil Shams

.. link

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Re: Islamic Idiots sending death threats to Abdul Sattar Edhi & Asma Jahangir
     Reply #1 - June 15, 2012, 04:30 PM

Don't you live in India, yeez?

"That it is indeed the speech of an illustrious messenger" (The Koran 69:40)
     Reply #2 - June 15, 2012, 06:06 PM

Don't you live in India, yeez?

Yap.. Alif Lam mim ..

but  i don't get it., why would anyone want to kill 83 year old Fakir..??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CFFx_Yj3L4

Reply #3 - June 15, 2012, 10:11 PM

Then why did you not reply to my request for help here?

"That it is indeed the speech of an illustrious messenger" (The Koran 69:40)
  • Islamic Idiots sending death threats to Abdul Sattar Edhi & Asma Jahangir
     Reply #4 - February 11, 2020, 01:40 PM

Then why did you not reply to my request for help here?

My goodness gracious., I opened this folder because to write something about a wonderful person who fought throughout her life all the way to the end and some one wrote something about her in today's dawn .. but I see  Cheesy  Alex Lam Meem post from June 15, 2012, 10:11 PM which I did not reply.,   that was almost 8 years ago ., lol.,   that question need to be answered ., I probably did not see his post..., . well I hope he is still reading the forum..

anyways Talking about the news and those two wonderful folks .. who fought throughput their lives LIVING IN PAKISTAN .. today's news says

In pictures: Remembering Asma Jahangir — a fierce champion of human rights  ..

I wrote about her in innumerable posts in this forum and in other forums..

anyways news says

Arguably one of Pakistan's fiercest and most outspoken champions of human rights, Asma Jahangir was a polarising but respected and awe-inspiring figure. A pro-democracy activist, Jahangir was vocal about the rights of women and minority communities. She advocated freedom of speech, and often highlighted the plight of missing persons in Pakistan.

She passed in away in Lahore on Feb 11, 2018 at the age of 66 after suffering cardiac arrest.

Here are a few snapshots from her life.

Asma Jahangir addresses a protest in Lahore on April 4, 2009, against the public flogging of a woman.

Asma Jahangir taking part in the 2017 Women on Wheels rally in Lahore.─ AFP/File

https://i.dawn.com/large/2017/10/59e6be7488329.jpg
    Asma Jahangir in Oct 2017 holds up the passports of a missing Turkish couple who were said to have been deported from Pakistan .. that was dawn by Pakistan Govt because of that ERDOOGOON the brainless turkey..

Pakistani lawyers and human rights activists rally to condemn the killing of Christian leader Shahbaz Bhatti outside the LHC on March 7, 2011

Well one day or other day life goes away but she will be remembered for a long time., And I still do not see anyone who can fill her shoes.. you can read/see more of Asma Jahangir at the link

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »