Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Messages of support

(Read 37008 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Messages of support
     OP - June 14, 2012, 06:53 AM

Hi forum users, the forum needs your support now.

One thing that always help raising money (for the new stuff, the real time support and helpline etc we are planning) is being able to prove that we play an actual role to some of our members, so to that end I would really appreciate it if on this thread you put down messages of thanks, support and if you can, an explanation for why this forum is vital to you and how it has or is helping you.

Like even though I started this ship, I have many thanks to give it.........

I would like to thank the CEMB forum for supporting me through the loneliness and confusion I felt when I was a newb ex muslim and for the support it continues to show me even now, 4 1/2 years later.  I use the forum now for support with personal issues, emotional issues, and even for practical advice.  The members here have made this forum what it is today, always there to lend a ready ear and because we all come from such similar backgrounds we all more or less understand each other on a level I just don't get anywhere else.  Without this forum I am sure I would have spent many nights feeling more alone than I normally do and I am sure i will be a member here until the day it crumbles if that day ever comes.

Thank to all the members who are always here, not just for me but for the other members you help.  You make our job as support staff easier because you as members have become so vital in the support this forum offers to ex muslims.  
    hugs

I want to collect all of your messages of support and take them with me to the CEMB luncheon where we can show people why we deserve financial support and eventually aid us gaining charitable status, so get cracking guys, tell us why and how this forum has helped you and why you want to see it stay.   thnkyu

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
  • Re: Messages of support
     Reply #1 - June 14, 2012, 07:54 AM

First of all, I'd like to thank the staff who run this forum. I know there's been a lot of controversy about how they manage the place, but I really appreciate what they do. Running such a large yet intimate forum is a challenging task, never mind a forum where many people come looking for help, sometimes from abuse and risk of death.

Second, I can honestly say that this forum changed my life. People ask me how I can be so happy, what's my secret. But I'm not a lone individual. I exist within a community. I exist with friends, people who provide the pillars that keep me high. And a great number of that support comes from people I've met here, with whom I've formed unbreakable emotional connections. When I meet people I know through this forum, I hug and talk to them like they've known me forever. We share such similar experiences that just them being there makes me realize I'm not alone. It makes me realize that there are other people who go through my struggles. It makes me connect with them on such a deep level that I'm almost thankful I went through the hell of Islam just to have those experiences that make me relate to the people I've met here. It's as if the secret of Islam is for us to leave it and find Heaven here, on Earth -- Heaven through friendship, through love, through emotional bonds. Because what else could a mortal being ask for?

I have no idea what I would've done, where I would be, without this place. Maybe I'd still be stuck in the pits of depression, still feel lonely, isolated, like I was the only one in this world, in this existence, to ever have the doubts I did, to ever take the path I took. Such a dark and dreary path can only be lighted with the friendships I formed here.

To an outsider, this place is just a website lost among millions on the Internet. But to me, and to many others, it's a virtual home.
     Reply #2 - June 14, 2012, 08:00 AM

I'd like to thank the admins and the members of the forum for creating an outlet to share some the thoughts and difficulties that as a community of individuals living in different cities and different parts of the world need. For some of us living in large Muslim communities, this is the only avenue we have for letting off steam and knowing that we are not alone and that there are others like us.

The forum helped me during the crucial time three and a half years ago when I finally came to terms with my non-belief. I have made some good friends through this network and hope to make more.

I want to see the forum flourish not only for the existing members but also for the future members who need support and to know that there are others like them and we are here to support them. Also this forum is also open to Muslims who might be in doubt about their faith and also for those Muslims to understand that we are not bigots and that we have friends and family who are still Muslim whom we love. A forum for Muslims to acknowledge and understand that there are many reasons why we left theism and specifically Islam.

The forum is also a useful outlet for ex members of other religions to share common themes and concerns that we have.
     Reply #3 - June 14, 2012, 08:09 AM

I guess this forum can be the start of something positive: a greater awareness and recognition that leaving Islam isn't a strange phenomenon, and doing so doesn't make you a pariah in your community. People , especially Muslims, should respect each other for who they are - be they an observant son/daughter, a faithful husband/wife or, indeed, a loyal citizen of a nation. Leaving Islam doesn't make you a bad person rather people who follow Islam to the letter can make you one!
     Reply #4 - June 14, 2012, 08:27 AM

Firstly I want to echo everyone's statements of thanx to the admins and moderators of this site, without this site I guess there would be a whole lot more depression around.
    When I came here nearly 2 years ago, I did not know that ex-muslims existed, who the fuck leaves Islam, because where I come from, when you leave your religion, you're a murtad and your family has to disown you.
    While I am not a fully fledged apostate because of my marriage and family, I see myself more as a person who is muslim in name only, no praying, fasting etc. This site has helped me accept who I am and helped me with information so that I can counter arguments with relatives to the point where they will not discuss religion with me which is a good thing.

So once again thank you for having this forum, I have grown to love this family we have here and feel the pain, sorrow, happiness, joy and hurt of every member when they go through there different issues from time to time. Not real good with words am I? From my post count you will notice I lurk a lot, but I am here everyday watching and reading posts. I am learning all the time and Insh'allah one day I will not be scared to tell my relatives, hey you know what, I am not Muslim anymore !!!

I also pledge to donate £10 (does not sound like a lot, it is in South Africa) to this site by tonight. Just need to figure out how to do it  Wink
     Reply #5 - June 14, 2012, 08:34 AM

Just a quick question for the admins or mods, the donate option, the funds that are donated, are they for the forum itself or for the whole organisation, because I want my donation to go to the forum if that is ok?
     Reply #6 - June 14, 2012, 08:37 AM

Well it goes the the CEMB as a whole, but you can include a note saying that you're donating to the forum. Mind you, the CEMB pays the hosting costs anyway, so in practice it makes little difference. Smiley

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #7 - June 14, 2012, 08:40 AM

Ok Cool, will send through the donation and get a call from my wife asking me what I spend a 100+ bucks on cause she gets a message if something leave our account, who cares it is for a good cause Tongue
     Reply #8 - June 14, 2012, 08:47 AM

A tenner donated, now, let the rest match or exceed my donation Smiley
    Toyer, your donation is now completePayment by PayPal
    Confirmation number: 98W84557DN29XXXXX.
    An email with your donation details has been sent to toyer@tbozz.co.za and you can print your donation receipt.
    Donations Coordinator Contact Information
    Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain
    exmuslimcouncil@gmail.com

To complete your payment, review the details below and click Donate.
    Purpose   Donation amount   Total   
    CEMB   £10.00   £10.00   

Total:    £10.00    GBP
    Payment Method:
    Credit/Debit Card : Visa XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
    R133.67 ZAR
     Reply #9 - June 14, 2012, 08:48 AM

You sure you want your email public? Wink

Reply #10 - June 14, 2012, 08:51 AM

not a prob, it would be cool if a family member finds it  grin12
     Reply #11 - June 14, 2012, 08:55 AM

This is the most I've posted, another record
     Reply #12 - June 14, 2012, 08:57 AM

I want to post up a message of support but it's going to take me awhile to work out the right words. If I don't have long will post up something that isn't done very well but expresses my support none-the-less (will try my best), but if there is time will put my butt into it and make sure it turns out ok/good.

How long until you take it to the luncheon thingy?
     Reply #13 - June 14, 2012, 11:31 AM

First of all, i would like to thank the mods and admins for taking their precious time to run this forum efficiently and most importantly to you Berbs and Hassan for having the impetus to open this great place for us.

This place is not only a sanctuary for me but a modern salon where great intellectual discussions(that are more worth reading and learning than in academic institutions and schools) have taken and still taking place. I remained indebted to this place to for helping me evolve out of dogmatic way of thinking, this forum have taught me the values of fundamental human rights,proper use of logic and reasoning,and have encourage and influence me to have a zeal in learning more about the humanity. I have learned a lot and still learning from visiting this forum. Words cannot express how glad i am to meet likeminded people here who can understand and totally relate to what i have gone and still going through. This place is like a home and a family that i feel I belong to. This forum is not a typical online forum, i have been to other forums but i didnt last a few months before i left unlike here which i have remained since 2010 and this has been the only forum that i have become intimate with and i wish i could have join a community like this at a young age.This forum is a testament that people from different background,ethnicity and culture can coexist and live as one,a true cosmopolitan community.

Without this forum, i think i would most likely have remain lonely and dogmatic,this forum is what keeps me sane and makes me feel that im not only one in this world.

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #14 - June 14, 2012, 06:27 PM

Thanks Omar Khayaam, abood, cato, Dr_zhivago and da_dude (since I know yours is coming Tongue )

I will send these so far to maryam so she can add them to the messages of support from other CEMB members (not forum).

For those of you who haven't yet, add a few words so we can really show our support for what CEMB does. 

da_dude, the luncheon is not until the 23rd but Maryam is adding these comments to her web page as well, I'm thinking she wants it all set up before then, but whenever you are ready.  hugs

Reply #15 - June 14, 2012, 06:41 PM

I want to write a message, it will take me a bit to coherently put together my thoughts, but I will get something down Smiley

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #16 - June 14, 2012, 10:04 PM

First of all, i would like to thank the mods and admins for taking their precious time to run this forum efficiently and most importantly to you Berbs and Hassan for having the impetus to open this great place for us.

This place is not only a sanctuary for me but a modern salon where great intellectual discussions(that are more worth reading and learning than in academic institutions and schools) have taken and still taking place. I remained indebted to this place to for helping me evolve out of dogmatic way of thinking, this forum have taught me the values of fundamental human rights,proper use of logic and reasoning,and have encourage and influence me to have a zeal in learning more about the humanity. I have learned a lot and still learning from visiting this forum. Words cannot express how glad i am to meet likeminded people here who can understand and totally relate to what i have gone and still going through. This place is like a home and a family that i feel I belong to. This forum is not a typical online forum, i have been to other forums but i didnt last a few months before i left unlike here which i have remained since 2010 and this has been the only forum that i have become intimate with and i wish i could have join a community like this at a young age.This forum is a testament that people from different background,ethnicity and culture can coexist and live as one,a true cosmopolitan community.

Without this forum, i think i would most likely have remain lonely and dogmatic,this forum is what keeps me sane and makes me feel that im not only one in this world.

I couldn't have put it better myself.   Afro

From my understanding the only expenses for CEMB is the webhosting and domain, it should be easy to raise funds for this because it doesn't cost that much.  yes
     Reply #17 - June 14, 2012, 10:17 PM

Yes, but CEMB is not just about the forum, nor am I just hoping to raise web hosting costs.

The more money the raise the more we can do.  More social events, more real world support, more money for legal support, housing support, therapy services, a real time helpline...etc etc.

The forum does it's job, but there are jobs still left to do, so its time to think bigger than just typing our support when one day we can do so much more.

By being able to prove that CEMB offers genuine support to ex muslims we are able to get generous donations from people who can cover where I hope CEMB eventually travels.

Anyway this thread isn't about raising money from members, although donations are always welcome, its about getting ready to go further by pushing for the real world to recognise how much more is still needed.

So to those members who have yet to add their message, get cracking.  I've delayed sending this thread to maryam to add to the main site simply because there just aren't enough messages yet to really say its worth it.  I will send it in the morning however since she has emailed asking for it.

Reply #18 - June 14, 2012, 10:33 PM

Would have been better if she'd given us a week's notice.

Reply #19 - June 14, 2012, 10:35 PM

Ok I get it now, sorry I just skimmed through the original post! This sounds nice, looking forward to seeing CEMB get charitable status.  Smiley
     Reply #20 - June 14, 2012, 11:20 PM

A great forum providing not only a lot of support through troubling times, but a place to feel at home with many intellectually stimulating as well as light hearted and fun conversations. Some lovely members who bring their individual qualities giving the forum character, enriching the experience of being involved in this community. Regular involvement of the admins/mods in matters leads to an increased feeling of security to this place, where you know any issues will be addressed and resolved as swiftly as possible. From a personally angle, this forum has been a sanctuary from troubles in the real world, a place to express myself. It has helped me connect with people that I can say I'm lucky to have had as part of my life. I've learnt so much from here, and have grown as a person through interactions. CEMB has played an important role in my life, my gratitude towards everyone keeping the forum alive and thriving can't be emphasized enough.

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #21 - June 14, 2012, 11:32 PM

What's strange is that I've never met anyone from this forum before in person but I feel that I have friends here and it makes me happy that such a community exists and I feel quietly proud that I am part of it. I guess I owe a lot to the forum, since it was on here where I found the intellectual discourse needed to discard particular inherited views of mine which were ultimately of a divisive nature. Today I feel free and happy and have a more positive outlook regarding humanity so I thank the CEMB for that.

if u use dis ^ feel free to correct my poor english

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #22 - June 14, 2012, 11:34 PM

It has helped me connect with people that I can say I'm lucky to have had as part of my life.

Reply #23 - June 14, 2012, 11:35 PM

Going to keep this short but sweet.

This forum has helped me understand issues in this world in therms of global politics. It has helped me realise the pains people go through when leaving religion. It has helped me feel not lonely in my endeavours with my boyfriend who is an ex-muslim and helps me understand his position more. It has helped me support him as well. It also provides key access to resources for issues such as forced marriage key in the success for my relationship if and when needed. All in all very useful and crucial resource.

Thanks for the work guys, will donate when I have a job, poor student here.
     Reply #24 - June 15, 2012, 12:10 AM

i knew that was coming Cheesy

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #25 - June 15, 2012, 06:29 AM

Thanks for your messages so far guys hugs

I have emailed them over to Maryam, and if there are any more as time passes I will send them along to her too.

Just remember though, for all the thanks you show to CEMB, it's you guys who deserve thanks too.  For being here and for volunteering your own time to be part of a community of support.  You may think you are just members, but actually you are so much more than that.  Big hug

Reply #26 - June 15, 2012, 08:18 AM

As someone who has never been a Muslim, CEMB has been incredibly important in making me less anxious about the direction Islam is taking in Britain. The worries persist, but the brave, intelligent, free-thinking ex-Muslims who make up the majority of the forum's members, are in the vanguard of a quiet social revolution.

Forgive me for being pompous, but I really can't overstate how important this movement is. It is friendly, inclusive and tolerant, a desperately-needed bridge between sections of society that are increasingly divergent.

And it's a laugh a minute on here too.

David Parry
     Reply #27 - June 15, 2012, 11:32 AM

As someone who has been involved in integrating and coordinating the efforts of the Illuminati, International Freemasons, Zionist Secularists, Shapeshifting Orientalists, Salman Rushdie, the Crusader - Jew - Hindu Alliance, and indeed His Royal Satanic Highness the Dajjal himself to subvert and destroy Islam, I have found CEMB to be an outstanding platform to help achieve this aim.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #28 - June 15, 2012, 12:08 PM

Cheesy

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #29 - June 15, 2012, 12:20 PM

For always being there, giving the highest form of empathy and sympathy and having thought provoking discussion in its various forms, I thank the forum members and staff. (As well as giving me the chance to be on T.V)

"I measured the skies, now the shadows I measure,
    Sky-bound was the mind, earth-bound the body rests."
    [Kepler's epitaph]
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »