Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Richard Dawkins...

(Read 54434 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Richard Dawkins...
     Reply #120 - June 02, 2020, 08:36 PM

no, he says stupid things like a mullah - if you can get a transcript of the interview then will go point by point.
  • Richard Dawkins...
     Reply #121 - June 03, 2020, 12:27 PM

no, he says stupid things like a mullah

Well dear crumble.. you must know ...Dawkins not only SAID LOTS OF THINGS  but HE ALSO WROTE LOTS OF STUFF ON LOTS OF THINGS   ...So.. if he says/said stupid stuff ..he must have also written stupid stuff

- if you can get a transcript of the interview then will go point by point.

Hence  I will not waste my time and your time  in transcribing some ones talk /interview .. But I will give you Books and Pdf files of what he wrote and you could point out  to me THE STUPID STUFF HE WROTE .. which will become easy for    us to discuss his stupid stuff..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Richard Dawkins...
     Reply #122 - June 06, 2020, 10:13 AM

you can extract subtitles from youtube for imperfect but usable results:

Quote from:
    Dawkins is famous as the author of The Selfish Gene the blind watchmaker and many other popular science books going back decades but he's a controversial figure out and about on Twitter these days railing against fundamentalist religious beliefs and non fundamentalist beliefs in ways that many have found objectionable he has his own foundations for reason and science one here one in the u.s. designed to try and remove the influence of religion from education and public life with religion community relations and tolerance much in the news at the moment we thought we'd get his take in the wake of the Charlie Hebdo attacks

we were in the midst of a big debate really are we about the relationship between religious fundamentalists and the rest of society it was interesting that the former Archbishop of Canterbury on Newsnight last week said the debate isn't really won between Christians and Muslims it's more between the secular society and Muslims which I thought was an interesting observation but what do you think the rules of the game should be between a modern liberal democracy between these different groups

you have very very different yes I mean I think that's oh that's a very profoundly important question I think the rules of the game are that you should be allowed to believe anything you like and of course that's for that's right but that you shouldn't impose your beliefs on other people and so any creed that thinks it has the right to say not only do we believe this but you've got to believe it too or else I mean that is a very very serious violation of everything that democracy stands for

so let's take some examples could burqa bans they have a burqa ban in France you wouldn't be in favor of that

I know I I'm not in favor of a burka ban it seems to me to be a violation of individual liberty so it mean when I see a woman in a fall in a full burqa with just justice lit by feel personally offended but it's part of it's an important part of what I believe that what I feel personally is irrelevant it doesn't matter what I feel nobody else should abide by what I feel and that applies of course on the other side as well

what about religious schools so a community sets up a school maybe pays for it itself that doesn't subscribe to your views of Education that you've set out today and now is that a freedom of speech thing for them to be able to teach what they want or not

that's very difficult because there there were trespassing on the the tussle between the freedom of speech of parents to impose their views on children and the freedom of children to be educated without having erroneous views and we now know that in some cases it definitely is erroneous this is not a matter of opinion imposed upon them

but you're not against teaching history and things like that

oh heavens no no attractive her very keen on teaching history teaching literature very keen on teaching religion as a matter of fact I mean teaching about religion not indoctrinating in any particular religion because that good right against the spirit or critical thinking it's a tricky one though isn't it because you can't build a society on the basis that you know you're right and you know that other people are wrong can you because the liberal society is we don't have to make that decision no that's your I decide yes you think and you decide what you think

but you are really saying that they have to teach children have to be taught in your Creed

well no no at night that there is a difference I mean let me use the example you've just used of the the but the burka ban that's a matter of opinion and they're the society it seems to me has no right to impose on other people evolution is not a matter of opinion it's a matter of fact the evidence is as overwhelming as in the case of oh that the Earth orbits the Sun that's not up for dispute

you are in the camber as really I probably associated as being one of the most and I think the disparaging phrases militant atheists in the property um what do you think of that phrase what do you think of that accusation and do you if you like revel in that place or do you hate it when people try and if you like put you in the same category as fanatics on other sides of the religious

well fanatics religious fanatics are apt to take the law into their own hands on occasion out there and actually threaten people actually use physical violence

but you choose to go onto Twitter it's not a scientific a venue for scientific debate you choose to go on Twitter just to take one example a tweet in which you drew a very invidious comparison between the number of Nobel Prizes won by people from Trinity College Cambridge and the entire Muslim population of the world Trinity code College Cambridge comes out on top on that of that comparison now not disputing the factual basis of it why make such an invidious comparison why raise that why raise the issue what is it what's the point of of drawing attention

it is a fact that in the Dark Ages and Middle Ages the Islamic world was a beacon of scientific progress and enlightenment and something has gone wrong I had dinner with the then Chief Rabbi Jonathan Sacks a few months ago and learned there the astonishing fact that between 20 and 25 percent of all scientific Nobel Prizes have been won by Jews and I thought that was a stunning fact it really is I mean when you think of the total population of Jews in the world is is tiny compared to really any other of the major major religions so I I wanted to make this point that Islam has stagnated in the scientific field since them since the Middle Ages and the best comparison to make would have been with Jews and then I thought oh no I can't do that because that may really have upset people because of Palestine and I'm very sympathetic to the plight of the Palestinian people in Israel so at the last minute I crossed out Jews and stuck in Trinity College Cambridge but I can think of much more gentlemanly ways of making the intellectual point that Islam has not being a great story country it's just a fact whether or not it upsets people is less important to me than the dramatic nature of the fad which ought to be looked at somebody ought to be saying why

but you would agree that you pick an argument with people of religion or religions don't make an argument suggest your way to say thing with the Sun pointed about that religion or those groups of people

it's a good point that the best way to convert people is not necessarily to tell them their ideas and I have occasionally seemed guilty of that for example I once wrote in The New York Times that anyone who doesn't believe in evolution is either ignorant stupid or insane now that sounds like an extreme point of view it's actually a factual point of view because the word ignorant is not a disparaging word I make the rent of all sorts of things and so are you I'm sure and we would be quite happy to own up to being ignorant of many things ignorant of music or ignorant of art or what even were to baseball whatever it might be

I think a lot of moderate religious people are very turned off by your by your disco

well some may be and that's that's a political that may be my political error

there are technical error in terms because your job you see your role is trying to convert the world to your point of view

I think I mean no I see I see my role as crying to try to persuade people to think for themselves and look at evidence that's I mean if they come round to my point of view as a result of looking at evidence then so much the better

have you ever been wrong about anything important oh yeah give me for that what well I'd have to go into sort of rather recondite scientific matters but I've I've been wrong on scientific questions and have said so scientists actually rather like being wrong it's it's it's unlike politicians they get a sort of kudos from from admitting that they're wrong because that's how science proceeds

Richard Dawkins thank you thank you very much

proudly claiming to be tolerant while calling people imbeciles, being offended by burkas but citing reluctant free speech defense not cultural context , blindly comparing race with religion, pretending to follow scientific method when giving political speech.

conclusion: daft old git.
  • Richard Dawkins...
     Reply #123 - June 06, 2020, 10:31 AM

for comparison, what do mullahs do?

talk about peace and mercy while lambasting kafirs,  offended by western dresses but cite verse mitigation (them to their religion) rather than cultural context,  blindly conflate race and religion (esp for yahud), pretend that religious speech is not political.

conclusion: potatoes, tomatos.
  • Richard Dawkins...
     Reply #124 - June 06, 2020, 11:04 AM

for comparison, what do mullahs do?

what is that thing?.. I guess you are missing words...

talk about peace and mercy while lambasting kafirs,  offended by western dresses but cite verse mitigation (them to their religion) rather than cultural context,  blindly conflate race and religion (esp for yahud), pretend that religious speech is not political.

What did Dawkins do similar to  what you are saying above with reference to mullahs?

conclusion: potatoes, tomatos.[/b][/s]

not sure what you are trying to say but irrelevant ..

And....and....Your statements are invalid  and your comparison of Dawkins with mullah with reference his words and his actions are in valid...

The only thing you can say is that  he is as stubborn as mullahs and imammamas  with reference to his words on Darwin's theory  evolutionary of biology .. even there he is giving you and every one  Full FREEDOM to question him..

So what you say is rubbish dear crumble..

• Richard Dawkins...
     Reply #125 - June 06, 2020, 11:31 AM

So what you say is rubbish dear crumble..

it is in reality, you who are saying it to yourself.

beware your brain's attachment to personalities, don't want to fall into the religious trap.
  • Richard Dawkins...
     Reply #126 - June 06, 2020, 11:35 AM

it is in reality, you who are saying it to yourself.

not sure what it means

beware your brain's attachment to personalities, don't want to fall into the religious trap.

I tell you .. I HAVE NO ATTACHMENT TO ANY ONE .. and you can read that under every post I wrote...

• Richard Dawkins...
     Reply #127 - June 06, 2020, 11:40 AM

I tell you .. I HAVE NO ATTACHMENT TO ANY ONE .. and you can read that under every post I wrote...

not even yourself?  attachment to others reflects attachment to oneself - so sayeth your own brain as you read these few words.
  • Richard Dawkins...
     Reply #128 - June 06, 2020, 11:45 AM

not even yourself?  attachment to others reflects attachment to oneself - so sayeth your own brain as you read these few words.

Oh Ok.  well then that seems to fit to every one including you .. me and dawkins type  dear crumble....,

And  I am not attached to what I say ., when proven what am sticking to as human being is wrong I change my views immediately  ,

well discussion shifted from Dawkins to me..

• Richard Dawkins...
     Reply #129 - June 06, 2020, 12:33 PM

And  I am not attached to what I say ., when proven what am sticking to as human being is wrong I change my views immediately  ,

well discussion shifted from Dawkins to me..

you find dawkin traits appealing so you repeat them. so we must interrogate you rather than dawkins.
  • Richard Dawkins...
     Reply #130 - June 06, 2020, 12:55 PM

you find dawkin traits appealing so you repeat them. so we must interrogate you rather than dawkins.

yes.. as fellow working in Science... yes he does appeal to me  until to some degree... well as long as  I  and every one has freedom to Question Dawkins., I am fine with his types., and I am also fine with mullahs/Imams and you  Cheesy

.. yes you should.. you must.....  .,   you have every right to do that.,     let us do that in new folder  not in Dawkins folder..., in fact they are there in the forum., let me see..

• Richard Dawkins...
     Reply #131 - June 07, 2020, 10:01 AM

crumble on these words of yours
    ........  so we must interrogate you rather than dawkins.

go to any of these  folders and type away

https://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=23876.0
    https://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=27200.0

• Richard Dawkins...
     Reply #132 - June 20, 2020, 02:43 PM

Celebrated Lyricist and Writer Javed Akhtar has been recognized  with the prestigious Richard Dawkins award for critical thinking and holding religious dogma up to scrutiny. He speaks to Barkha Dutt about Whether He Identifies as Muslim, Whether He Lacks a Mass Language to communicate secularism in, why he is against the Veil and why he personally relates to what the Migrant Workers went through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNKubLJMyKQ

Writer, poet, lyricist and script-writer of countless hits, Javed Akhtar is a man of many seasons. He is outspoken about public issues, especially about religious fundamentalism, often attracting angry reactions from Hindus and Muslims alike.

Akhtar has been named as the winner of the Richard Dawkins Award, the first Indian to receive it. The citation reads it has been given for “critical thinking, holding religious dogma up to scrutiny, advancing human progress and humanist values,” which describes him well.

In an interview to Sidharth Bhatia of The Wire, Akhtar talks about the religion in public life, communalism in the majority and the minority, the lack of empathy for the migrants and also reads out his latest poem on the long walk home by countless Indians following the sudden lockdown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNsRl-vu1Mg

well let me watch both tubes and My best wishes and congratulations to Mr.  Javed Akhtar of India

• Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5« Previous thread | Next thread »