Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The Art Thread

(Read 54803 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 8 9 10« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The Art Thread
     Reply #270 - April 13, 2013, 01:17 PM

That's amazing, dusty! When are you gonna start selling your work??
  • The Art Thread
     Reply #271 - April 13, 2013, 02:32 PM

Embarrassed Thanks, HM. They're not really sellable quality yet and I just have these two canvas paintings Tongue Not really investing in this either.

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
  • The Art Thread
     Reply #272 - April 13, 2013, 07:17 PM

Painted these a couple of weeks ago: The first one (red) I was painting a rose on that canvas which I stopped lol and just left to the side because it bored me couldn't finish it lol, so painted over it. Let myself loose a bit.

I may have been inspired by something I saw sometime, it does give a familiar vibe.

I love this one Dusty. To me this one says a lot. I could be way off but I will tell you how I interpret it. It shows turmoil within and darkness outside. When the turmoil comes to the surface it brings light into the darkness but at the same time reacts violently with that darkness. It fizzes and sparks. There is that one part where the red just shoots straight up into the black. It's like one of those times your being screams in protest and defiance to the darkness outside. There are times when we let that darkness effect us and I can see it penetrating into the red at times. Also there are times when we feel overwhelmed or overpowered by the darkness outside Abdi can see that where it has shot right through into the red. The red shooting back out into the black is almost like hitting back... a reaction brought on once you feel strong again. It brings balance to the person feeling this and to the composition of the painting.

Anyway that's how it speaks to me and I really like it Smiley

-------------------
    Believe in yourself
    -------------------
    Strike me down and I'll just become another nail in your coffin
    -------------------
    There's such a thing as sheep in wolfs clothing... religious fanatics
  • The Art Thread
     Reply #273 - April 13, 2013, 07:24 PM

Interesting interpretation, Pepe. I saw raw emotion against a bare backdrop. Heat, rage, passion, all speaking out from a dark abyss. But then it blooms in spite of the darkness. It blooms like wildflowers in a field. Wildflowers in a field of rage and passion, amidst an infinite void of nothing. From nothing, something. From something, passion and emotion. From passion and emotion, blooming life.
  • The Art Thread
     Reply #274 - April 13, 2013, 07:32 PM

So Pepe, when you were a Muslim did you adhere to the ban on drawing/painting animate objects? If so, it is really sad how Islam just suffocates all forms of talent and creativity.

I wasn't strict on that. I justified drawing people and animals by saying to myself that people will not worship my drawings. I did stop drawing any depiction of a Hindu god or goddess though out of concern that someone might use the image to worship that deity. I drew a wicked big picture of Vishnu once in high school before I was Muslim  but lost it. I did give calligraphy a go though after becoming Muslim. The in laws have sura al asr that I wrote in gold ink on a black board framed and in their house.

-------------------
    Believe in yourself
    -------------------
    Strike me down and I'll just become another nail in your coffin
    -------------------
    There's such a thing as sheep in wolfs clothing... religious fanatics
  • The Art Thread
     Reply #275 - April 13, 2013, 07:35 PM

That's awesome man. The amount of talent on this forum is incredible.
  • The Art Thread
     Reply #276 - April 13, 2013, 07:49 PM

D: Thanks, Pepe

I love both your interpretations! Wonderful imaginations you have and articulate.

I created it without anything in particular in mind and just let myself go with it. Conflict -that's the word that sums up what was flowing through me to the canvas. Conflict, clash, battle, strength, passion, power...

You both picked up on that conflict clearly, and yes, the white is where the outcome of the two sides coinciding, bursts into creative power -something new is born.

I used my fingers for the white bit. Love using my fingers for painting. heh.

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
  • The Art Thread
     Reply #277 - June 25, 2013, 06:56 PM

Anyone know any good tutorials on drawing hair with a pencil? Or have any tips? I'm trying to follow youtube tutorials, had 3 attempts so far and failed miserably at all of them. Having difficulty mostly with the last step of adding the strands. What's everyone else's experience of when they started to learn how to draw hair? How much practice did it take you to master it?
  • The Art Thread
     Reply #278 - June 27, 2013, 09:04 PM

He is the most interesting man in the world...

Too right! You know, some people are so 'blessed' in everything it just makes you sick. Well, Pepe is NOT one of those. Everything he does makes you smile at how awesome he is! Afro

Great pieces of art, Pepe, my good chap. The last painting is my favourite, but I like the first one too, and the incredible intricacy of the pencil drawing. cool2
  • The Art Thread
     Reply #279 - December 11, 2013, 08:00 PM

Your pics are awesome guys!! so much talent here  dance

Learning to sketch a damn eye for the first time   Cheesy
  • The Art Thread
     Reply #280 - December 12, 2013, 03:06 AM

Looks Really good prion  Afro

Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you.

Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure.
    - George Carlin
  • The Art Thread
     Reply #281 - December 12, 2013, 04:27 AM

Your pics are awesome guys!! so much talent here  dance

(Clicky for piccy!)

Learning to sketch a damn eye for the first time   Cheesy

That is so good, I was looking for the other one! Really!

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • The Art Thread
     Reply #282 - December 12, 2013, 05:05 PM

Oh thanks Sam and three! I am eager to learn about sketching.  Tongue
  • The Art Thread
     Reply #283 - February 18, 2014, 05:29 PM

Second one lol
    I need to improve!
  • The Art Thread
     Reply #284 - February 18, 2014, 06:22 PM

^ Yeah, you drew the eye vertically instead of horizontally Tongue

Seriously, though, it’s beautiful!
  • The Art Thread
     Reply #285 - February 18, 2014, 06:24 PM

Cheesy

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • The Art Thread
     Reply #286 - February 18, 2014, 06:28 PM

Anyway, here’s me (incomplete):
  • The Art Thread
     Reply #287 - February 18, 2014, 06:37 PM

Inception, try using only very soft lines to start with, practice getting the eye complete with as soft lines as you can (using B pencils -easier to smudge for shading and rub off if needed). You have the basics of it all really great. One thing that makes a difference between a cartoon like and realistic eye is the subtle shading techniques. You don't have to define boundaries with a such sharpness. Take as much time as you can give the project and you'll find that once the technique is second hand to you, you'll be doing it much quicker.

• The Art Thread
     Reply #288 - February 18, 2014, 08:03 PM

Flying Spaghetti Monster ftw

Me: Hey Allah!
    Allah: KAFIR!
  • The Art Thread
     Reply #289 - February 18, 2014, 08:27 PM

^^^^^^

Mash'Allah!

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • The Art Thread
     Reply #290 - February 18, 2014, 08:45 PM

^ Yeah, you drew the eye vertically instead of horizontally Tongue

Seriously, though, it’s beautiful!

What did you do to the eye? Lol it looks better.
    Merci Beacoup. I will sketch your face next time  Cheesy

@Stardust        Thanks for the advice. I just need to practice more often.   Smiley

• The Art Thread
     Reply #291 - November 05, 2016, 11:04 PM

My depiction of the World Trade Centre atrocity of 2001:
  • The Art Thread
     Reply #292 - November 06, 2016, 01:54 AM

Where's Tower 7?

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
  • The Art Thread
     Reply #293 - November 04, 2017, 10:28 PM

Drew this lost little guy today, I'm calling him jake
  • The Art Thread
     Reply #294 - November 06, 2017, 12:30 AM

Jake doesn't look like a biologically accurate terrestrial organism.  Greetings

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • The Art Thread
     Reply #295 - November 06, 2017, 01:38 PM

He/She/It/Shklee (they are gender confused due to spending too much time on twinder learning about our culture) came from another planet. I'm now sketching out ideas for his pet kitty. I'm kinda liking Tim Burton-esque art styles. I'll have some fun with this.

Getting better at quick sketching too. Will help a lot with trialing some ideas.
  • Previous page 1 ... 8 9 10« Previous thread | Next thread »