Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Shafilea Ahmed murder: parents 'killed daughter for dating boys'

(Read 16961 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Shafilea Ahmed murder: parents 'killed daughter for dating boys'
     Reply #30 - May 25, 2012, 03:38 PM

You're taking my words too literally. I wouldn't do it now because I know I would have to suffer the consequences, but a teenager isn't supposed to be obedient.

Oops, sorry! I get your point now and you're totally right.
     Reply #31 - August 03, 2012, 12:43 PM

GUILTY

+++++

Shafilea Ahmed murder trial: Parents guilty of killing

Iftikhar and Farzana Ahmed were both found guilty after two days of deliberations
    The parents of Shafilea Ahmed have been found guilty of her murder.

The 17-year-old went missing from her home in Warrington, Cheshire, in 2003 and was found dead on the banks of the River Kent in Cumbria six months later.

Iftikhar, 52, and Farzana Ahmed, 49, had denied her murder but the jury at Chester Crown Court returned guilty verdicts against them both.

The couple suffocated Shafilea with a plastic bag in an apparent "honour killing".

The prosecution claimed she was killed by her parents because she brought shame on the family.

Shafilea's sister Alesha, now 23, told the jury her parents pushed her on to the settee in their house and she heard her mother say "just finish it here".

Shafilea Ahmed went missing in September 2003 and her body was found in Cumbria six months later
    The parents then forced a plastic bag into the teenager's mouth and killed her in front of their other children.

Taxi driver Mr Ahmed had claimed Shafilea ran away from home in the middle of the night and he never saw her again.

During the three-month trial Mrs Ahmed changed her account, claiming she saw her husband beat Shafilea on the night of the murder.

She also claimed he had threatened to do the same to her and their other children if she ever asked him what happened to Shafilea.

As the verdicts were delivered by the jury after two days of deliberations, Iftikhar Ahmed stood impassively. Mrs Ahmed wiped tears from her eyes with a tissue.

Their children Junyad, Mevish and the youngest, who cannot be named for legal reasons, all broke down in tears.

Shafilea went missing on 11 September 2003 and was reported missing by a teacher a week later.

Her body was discovered by workmen in February 2004 and she was identified by her dental records and jewellery.

Two post-mortem examinations failed to determine how she died but a verdict of unlawful killing was recorded at her inquest in 2008.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19068490

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #32 - August 03, 2012, 02:28 PM

consenting adult
     Reply #33 - August 03, 2012, 03:14 PM

Good to see justice at last for Shafelia. Afro

Kudos to the police and prosecution service. It's taken many years, but they got a result in the end. (Dis)honour killings must never go unpunished. A strong message needs to be sent out.

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #34 - August 03, 2012, 03:16 PM

+1 ^^

God is Love.

Reply #35 - August 03, 2012, 03:51 PM

My good mates were the solicitors bought in for the mother/wife when she changed her defence/statement about three weeks ago. I told them they were defending evil.

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #36 - August 03, 2012, 04:40 PM

It's good to see justice done for Shafilia.  I remember this case as it occurred shortly before I moved to the U.K.  Any culture which condones the killing of one's own children needs some serious introspection and readjustment.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #37 - August 03, 2012, 05:12 PM

My good mates were the solicitors bought in for the mother/wife when she changed her defence/statement about three weeks ago. I told them they were defending evil.

So are you. Just look at your username. whistling2

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #38 - August 03, 2012, 05:32 PM

So are you. Just look at your username. whistling2

LOL- touche ateapotist - I did think this right after i posted, thought some clever clogs (no offence)  will pick up on it. In fact I am worse, he/they do it for money and perhaps if they had to manage to get her off it would be more money and fame, I just do it for fun/being an argumentative sod/test the grey matter.

Then again, I hardly defend 'evil'.

Just like to add that there is an academic side to my advocating.

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #39 - August 03, 2012, 06:42 PM

We have a relative who wears her own weight in gold at weddings. Her belt must weigh like 10 kilos.

I recently heard (and actually saw) of a very weird tradition we have. When a bride is at her wedding party, she mustn't wear a belt and wear her gown loose.... until her unmarried brother-in-law (if she hasn't one, any unmarried male relative of her husband's) wraps it around her. I never understood the meaning behind the symbol but it REALLY creeps me out.

That's mad sexy man, your just a no fun sister in law. I feel mad sorry for your future brother in law, your lame. tool.
  • These douchebags deserve to die a long, painful death.
     Reply #40 - August 03, 2012, 11:32 PM

Like the way they killed their defenseless daughter. I'm so fucking mad.

LONDON:A jury found the Pakistani parents of a teenage girl guilty of murder Friday, a conviction that came after the girl?s sister turned against her parents, telling a jury how her mother and father suffocated 17-year-old Shafilea with a plastic bag in a so-called honor killing. 

Iftikhar and Farzana Ahmed face life in prison for killing their daughter in 2003.

The Chester Crown Court found that Iftikhar and Farzana Ahmed killed her daughter in 2003 and dumped her body.

Shafilea?s sister Alesha told the jury that her parents pushed Shafilea and then she heard her mother say, ?just finish it here.?

British authorities investigated hundreds of cases of forced marriages last year.

Some of the cases have ended up in so-called honor killings where relatives believe girls have brought shame on their families, sometimes for refusing marriage, other times for becoming too westernized.

Shafilea was only 10 when she began to rebel against her parents? strict rules, according to prosecutor Andrew Edis.

Schoolmates described how she would wear western clothes and change before her parents picked her up.

Those same schoolmates also reported that Shafilea often went to school crying, describing how her mother would slap her and throw things at her.

But it was the last year of her life that was to be the most traumatic, the court heard.    Shafilea began seeing boys, which prompted her parents to keep her at home more.

Despite multiple reports to social services, Shafilea?s file was closed in 2002.

Between November 2002 and January 2003, Shafilea told friends and teachers there had been an increase of assaults.

In February 2003, she ran away with her boyfriend Mushtaq Bagas and told council officers she needed emergency accommodation as her parents were trying to force her into an arranged marriage with her cousin.

In the same month, her parents took her to Pakistan where she drank bleach in protest against the arranged marriage.    When she returned to Britain in May 2003, she was admitted to a hospital because of damage done to her throat.    She was eventually released, but rows over her clothing continued.

Eventually, her parents beat her, stuffed a thin white plastic bag into her mouth and held their hands over her mouth and nose until she ?was gone,? her sister testified.    The highest incidence of reported forced marriages is in Muslim communities.

Britain is home to more than 1.8 million Muslims.

http://dawn.com/2012/08/03/parents-guilty-of-murdering-westernised-british-daughter/

I'm generally a peaceful guy. I don't like violence. But reading this makes me really, really wish I was there while they were doing all that to their daughter, so I could get an iron pipe and smash their heads in.

She sounds so much like me and all of us, rebelling at 10, not liking the restrictive traditions.

Then they took her to Pakistand tried to force her to marry. I can just see how that would've been for her, been alone against all her extended family which tends to be even worse than your parents if you grew up outside Pakistan.

Then the horrible way they killed her, such a painful death, not even something humane. To a girl who was obviously smart and rational, unlike them.

Fuck them.

Yeah an I am super ugly, I can't even beat my chest am too skinny and when I roaaar to attract women, they laugh at me, because it sounds like a girl screaming. I can't even attract any bitches!  Cry

Reply #41 - August 03, 2012, 11:58 PM

I think the only thing that will make me feel better, is if I find the most repressive pakistani family, marry one of their daughters, and then allow her to wear jeans, miniskirts, make up, whatever the fuck she wants, and see what the fuck they do about it then.

Since according to them its the husband who has all the rights, and if I tell her she can do what the fuck ever she wants, I'd be curious to see how they react to that.

Yeah an I am super ugly, I can't even beat my chest am too skinny and when I roaaar to attract women, they laugh at me, because it sounds like a girl screaming. I can't even attract any bitches!  Cry

Reply #42 - August 04, 2012, 12:19 AM

Good to see justice at last for Shafelia. Afro

Kudos to the police and prosecution service. It's taken many years, but they got a result in the end. (Dis)honour killings must never go unpunished. A strong message needs to be sent out.

also importantly i hope that it gives girls/boys in a similar situation the confidence to not stand for it and seek help - no matter what the level of abuse

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #43 - August 04, 2012, 12:45 AM

Good to see justice done for her finally.

Wish I could hug her siblings, the nightmare they would've endured going through that and would continue to experience in remembering it.

Alesha is very brave in talking about it and giving evidence, not an easy thing to do. Poor kid.

Life is so fucked up. Poor kids. Not fair that Shafilea's siblings had to go through this and the moment's just before death so terrifying for Shafilea.   Cry

Would've been bad enough for them to have lost their sister, let alone have to watch it happen and spend the rest of their lives with those images in their heads.  Cry

Hope her parents rot in prison.  finmad
     Reply #44 - August 04, 2012, 01:12 AM

I think the only thing that will make me feel better, is if I find the most repressive pakistani family, marry one of their daughters, and then allow her to wear jeans, miniskirts, make up, whatever the fuck she wants, and see what the fuck they do about it then.

Since according to them its the husband who has all the rights, and if I tell her she can do what the fuck ever she wants, I'd be curious to see how they react to that.

That's one twisted and sick fantasy.

Reply #45 - August 04, 2012, 03:04 AM

That's one twisted and sick fantasy.

Serious or trolling?

Reply #46 - August 04, 2012, 11:36 AM

also importantly i hope that it gives girls/boys in a similar situation the confidence to not stand for it and seek help - no matter what the level of abuse

One of the main prosecutors said that whenever a high profile case like this is convicted / prosecuted there is a spike in people coming forward to seek help because they can see they will be helped and taken seriously

God is Love.

Reply #47 - August 05, 2012, 07:59 PM

Ignorant fuckers on Ummah, unsurprisingly, refusing to believe the verdict.

This just sums it up -

"No one is denying that white kaffirs are the most disgusting of mankind and the most likely to be paedophiles, but Muslims should be behaving in a different light. Everyone knows every time a paedophile ring is busted that 90% if not 100% are of Caucasian background. However, this does not mean Muslims should go “oh if they are doing it we should too”. We are far superior to the kaffir in every way possible and imitating them does not serve our interests."
     Reply #48 - August 05, 2012, 08:24 PM

In the three high-profile cases of honour killings in the UK, the main instigators have been the women in each family.

Reply #49 - August 05, 2012, 10:48 PM

and that makes you feel better?

Reply #50 - August 05, 2012, 11:38 PM

No people should challenge the concept that it is always husbands, brothers and fathers that hold a patriarchal flag when they carry out the killings. Like I said elsewhere, mothers of grown up kids, mother-in laws, grandmothers do hold a lot of power in the household. That there is more to this than male domination.

I think it is tribal, collective thinking. What is best for the group. In evolution, not sure but there is something called inclusive fitness, I think. Here in the West there is a more individualistic culture, only collective when it comes to war.

I think honour killings in as much as they involve the death of females is commonplace in all societies. Just that the culture can change the targets, the reasons, ages, relation. In western culture it is usually murder by husbands, Exes, boyfriends most usually down to jealousy, drugs, drinks, crimes of passion as they used to called in other cultures that passion has a long burn because of their collectivism.

After all that phoney pseudo-intellectualism this is a harrowing case where a young girl was murdered all for wanting to lead a normal life.

And your revenge I found twisted because you would ruin another girl's relationship with her family in revenge of

Reply #51 - August 05, 2012, 11:49 PM

Poor girl had only three choices, submit, escape or die. That is what the prosecuting QC said to the jury for his closing argument. He was right. (not the poor girl bit)

Reply #52 - August 06, 2012, 01:05 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmhxX7uSQqo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCP3R0YZZJo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F03X7D6dEfg

that is from 2004   Shafilea Ahmed's parents video

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #53 - August 06, 2012, 02:58 AM

Ignorant fuckers on Ummah, unsurprisingly, refusing to believe the verdict.

This just sums it up -

"No one is denying that white kaffirs are the most disgusting of mankind and the most likely to be paedophiles, but Muslims should be behaving in a different light. Everyone knows every time a paedophile ring is busted that 90% if not 100% are of Caucasian background. However, this does not mean Muslims should go “oh if they are doing it we should too”. We are far superior to the kaffir in every way possible and imitating them does not serve our interests."

Is there a hierarchy of kaffirs that I wasn't aware of?

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #54 - August 06, 2012, 07:00 AM

No people should challenge the concept that it is always husbands, brothers and fathers that hold a patriarchal flag when they carry out the killings. Like I said elsewhere, mothers of grown up kids, mother-in laws, grandmothers do hold a lot of power in the household. That there is more to this than male domination.

So the lesson you get out of this story isn't that this was something absolutely horrible, you get the lesson that yay, lets celebrate that it was the mother who did it this time?

I think honour killings in as much as they involve the death of females is commonplace in all societies. Just that the culture can change the targets, the reasons, ages, relation. In western culture it is usually murder by husbands, Exes, boyfriends most usually down to jealousy, drugs, drinks, crimes of passion as they used to called in other cultures that passion has a long burn because of their collectivism.

Stop justifying it.

Reply #55 - August 06, 2012, 07:03 AM

And your revenge I found twisted because you would ruin another girl's relationship with her family in revenge of

Don't bullshit, you don't give a fuck about her relationship with her family. And its not like I'd force it on her, I'd only give her the choice, and try to gently nudge her in that direction.

Reply #56 - August 06, 2012, 07:30 AM

That devilsadvokat for you.

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #57 - August 07, 2012, 02:26 AM

Hmm  I wonder suppose you guy( shilakijawani, Cato and  THAT DEVIL)  knew Shafilea Ahmed and her troubles with her parents., What you guys would have done??

Anyways I am sure 16 year old  Rabiyah Abid must have read the fate of Shafilea.,  She did a very smart thing. Like Shafilea ,  Rabiyah was also under similar threat from her Pakistani parents..

Abid Hussain leaving Manchester Crown Court where the Muslim preacher who tried to strangle his 16-year old daughter avoided jail

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2180176/Abid-Hussain-Muslim-preacher-tried-strangle-daughter-16-refusing-arranged-marriage-cousin.html#ixzz22p6oBYas

well read the rest at link

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #58 - August 07, 2012, 02:44 AM

Hmm  I wonder suppose you guy( shilakijawani, Cato and  THAT DEVIL)  knew Shafilea Ahmed and her troubles with her parents., What you guys would have done??

If I lived near her and I knew of it, I'd have done everything I could, badgering police and if that didn't work, helping her sneak out and move to somewhere else.

And that old cunt in your other news story, why would they even allow a scumbag like him entry to the UK, or force the girl to go back to her parents even when she complained to the police about being forced to marry etc, is beyond me. Fuck that guy.

Mr Blackshaw said: 'Hussain is plainly a devout man retaining traditional values regarding family matters, which is the reason for what we say was the offending in this case, because his daughter was not going along with his wishes in following that cultural duty.'
    Sentencing Hussain Judge Michael Leeming said: 'You're a man of high standing in the local Asian community and take your family, culture and religion very seriously.

'Its clear that these offences were committed in the context of your strict religious and cultural beliefs.

What the fuck kind of a judge is that who rationalizes/justifies it.  furious

Reply #59 - August 07, 2012, 02:54 AM

Bahaud Uddin said he would have preferred for his sister to marry their cousin, since 'blood matching blood' was better.

Only in Norfolk.
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »