Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 14, 2024, 05:54 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Is Islam the only religion that hates dogs.

(Read 10813 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Is Islam the only religion that hates dogs.
     Reply #30 - May 25, 2012, 05:13 AM

(41) Narrated 'Adi bin Hatim: I asked Allah's Apostle about the Mi'rad. He said, "If you hit the game with its sharp edge, eat it, but if the Mi'rad hits the game with its shaft with a hit by its broad side do not eat it, for it has been beaten to death with a piece of wood. (i.e. unlawful)." I asked, "If I let loose my trained hound after a game?" He said, "If you let loose your trained hound after game, and mention the name of Allah, then you can eat." I said, "If the hound eats of the game?" He said "Then you should not eat of it, for the hound has hunted the game for itself and not for you." I said, "Some times I send my hound and then I find some other hound with it?" He said "Don't eat the game, as you have mentioned the Name of Allah on your dog only and not on the other."  (Book #67, Hadith #385)

(42) Narrated Ibn 'Umar: The Prophet said, "Whoever keeps a (pet) dog which is neither a watch dog nor a hunting dog, will get a daily deduction of two Qirat from his good deeds."  (Book #67, Hadith #389)

(43) Narrated 'Abdullah bin Umar: I heard the Prophet saying, "If someone keeps a dog neither for hunting, nor for guarding livestock, the reward (for his good deeds) will be reduced by two Qirats per day."  (Book #67, Hadith #390)

(44) Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar: Allah's Apostle said, "If someone keeps a dog neither for guarding livestock, nor for hunting, his good deeds will decrease (in reward) by two Qirats a day.'  (Book #67, Hadith #391)

(45) Narrated Um Salama: The husband of a lady died and her eyes became sore and the people mentioned her story to the Prophet They asked him whether it was permissible for her to use kohl as her eyes were exposed to danger. He said, "Previously, when one of you was bereaved by a husband she would stay in her dirty clothes in a bad unhealthy house (for one year), and when a dog passed by, she would throw a globe of dung. No, (she should observe the prescribed period Idda) for four months and ten days.'  (Book #71, Hadith #607)

(46) Narrated Abu Mas'ud: The Prophet forbade the utilization of the price of a dog, the earnings of prostitute and the earnings of a foreteller  (Book #71, Hadith #656)

(47) Narrated Abu Juhaifa: The Prophet forbade the use of the price of blood and the price of a dog, the one who takes (eats) usury the one who gives usury, the woman who practises tattooing and the woman who gets herself tattooed.  (Book #72, Hadith #829)

(48) Narrated Abu Talha : The Prophet said, "Angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog or there are pictures."  (Book #72, Hadith #833)

(49) Narrated Salim's father: Once Gabriel promised to visit the Prophet but he delayed and the Prophet got worried about that. At last he came out and found Gabriel and complained to him of his grief (for his delay). Gabriel said to him, "We do not enter a place in which there is a picture or a dog."  (Book #72, Hadith #843)

(50) Narrated Abu Juhaifa: that he had bought a slave whose profession was cupping. The Prophet forbade taking the price of blood and the price of a dog and the earnings of a prostitute, and cursed the one who took or gave (Riba') usury, and the lady who tattooed others or got herself tattooed, and the picture-maker.  (Book #72, Hadith #845)

more on dogs...there is absolute stupid stuff in it..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #31 - May 25, 2012, 05:16 AM

(51) Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "While a man was walking on a road. he became very thirsty. Then he came across a well, got down into it, drank (of its water) and then came out. Meanwhile he saw a dog panting and licking mud because of excessive thirst. The man said to himself "This dog is suffering from the same state of thirst as I did." So he went down the well (again) and filled his shoe (with water) and held it in his mouth and watered the dog. Allah thanked him for that deed and forgave him." The people asked, "O Allah's Apostle! Is there a reward for us in serving the animals?" He said, "(Yes) There is a reward for serving any animate (living being) ."  (Book #73, Hadith #38)

(52) Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: The Prophet said, "The one who takes back his gift is like a dog swallowing its own vomit, and we (believers) should not act according to this bad example."  (Book #86, Hadith #105)

(53) Narrated 'Adi bin Hatim: I asked the Prophet, "I send off (for a game) my trained hunting dogs; (what is your verdict concerning the game they hunt?" He said, "If you send off your trained hunting dogs and mention the Name of Allah, then, if they catch some game, eat (thereof). And if you hit the game with a mi'rad (a hunting tool) and it wounds it, you can eat (it)."  (Book #93, Hadith #494)

well that is what we have in so-called Sahih Bukhari hadith.,  much of it is utter nonsense and many of them are repeated..but there are few good parables in it..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #32 - May 25, 2012, 05:31 AM

I like this one Yeezevee! As we know in most interpretations of Islam if a woman or a dog walk in front of a man making salaat without him having a barrier between the woman and dog, then his prayer is invalidated and he has to start again. Like 'Aisha pointed out all those years ago, in this regards women are on the same level as dogs and donkeys, invalidating a man's prayer if she passes between him and his barrier.

That was yet another tiny thing that used to drive me nuts when I was muslim, if I walked in front of my X when he was praying, even though sometimes he'd pray for hours and I'd need to get something from the otherside of the room and there was no space behind him to walk, then he'd get so mad 'cause he'd have to start over again. What a silly, silly rule! Niyyah means nothing apparently.

Actually, Aisha was correcting Abu Hurayrah's understanding, because the way he explained it, he sort of made it seem like women and dogs are the same. So she (being the Mother of Believers and all) corrected him, and mentioned this anecdote.

Nope Os. Men can walk in front of women as much as they want when women are praying and it won't invalidate her prayer.

Well, men DO generally pray in front of women...that would be kinda impractical. :/

And I'm pretty sure that if someone puts themselves in a position where it's pretty much impossible for someone to not walk in front of them (like your ex, for instance), then that's their fault.

Self ban for Ramadan (THAT RHYMES)

Expect me to come back a Muslim. Cool Tongue j/k we'll see..
     Reply #33 - May 25, 2012, 12:30 PM

I used to have a kitten when I was back with my X but he killed it, kinda made me not want to get a pet again

Your x killed your kitten? What a horrible man! Was it an accident or on purpose?

Anyway, he is not around anymore so your pet will be safe. Dogs are awesome. My dog is always in such a good mood, he gets so happy and excited about the littlest things, like going out for a walk. It makes me happy too.

By the way taking care of a dog is so easy compared to taking care of kids. All you have to do is feed him 2 times a day and take him out for a couple of walks. Your kids will probably enjoy doing some of that anyway. Also you can just leave your dog in the house by itself, you do not need a babysitter.

If you get a dog then you should adopt one from a shelter, don't buy one from a pet store. I don't know how it works in Oz but in the US (and I think in the UK too) there are so many dogs in shelters that need homes, and if they don't find a home for the dog within a week or so they kill them.
     Reply #34 - May 25, 2012, 12:44 PM

I used to have a kitten when I was back with my X but he killed it

OK, I'll say it. I've come across alot of stories of bastards in my time, but added to the rest of what you've told us, your ex sounds like one of the biggest scumbags who ever lived.

And in all seriousness, he actually sounds sociopathic.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #35 - May 25, 2012, 01:23 PM

Yeah, he killed it on purpose to teach me a lesson as I was being too nice to it apparently. no Can't even remember the kitten's name now. He grabbed it from my lap when I was stroking it's fur on the tummy bit as kittens love that, and he chucked it at the wall really hard and it's neck broke. I picked him up and nursed him in my lap 'till he stopped breathing, it was really obvious the kitten was dying as his breathing was really labored and his head was on bent. I wasn't the only one upset about it, my daughter was so upset about it too, she was little but she loved that kitten. So sad. Crazy motherfucker!  finmad

Someone once said to me that they believe he is a psychopath or a sociopath, I dunno, just glad he is out of my life.

Yep, have decided, gonna get either a dog or a cat very very soon. It'll be awesome, and yeah Tonyt, going to get one from a dog/cat shelter, it's so sad how many animals get mistreated and abandoned. There's a local dog that wanders around all the time, so scrawny and underfed and I used to put out food for her but it's my neighbour's dog and I'm a bit wary of them as I saw them bash up some guy in front of their house once, it's funny though, but not so funny, as they have one dog who is like their prized possession and gets to live in the house and they take him for a walk and he is obviously fed really well, and then they have this other dog who isn't allowed in the house and is so scrawny and sad looking all the time and never gets to go for walks with them. Some people, I tell ya!

I know just the person to ask about it too, as an aquaintance of mine works at a some sort of animal-rescue shelter place, she'd know who to ask and what to do etc... My kids will be stoked and it'll be nice to have another pseudo child around lol. My kids have been begging me for ages to get a dog as friends of ours recently got one.  dance  dance  dance
     Reply #36 - May 25, 2012, 01:34 PM

Yeah, he sounds like a psychopath. Pity whichever woman he ensnares after you escaped.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #37 - May 25, 2012, 01:39 PM

Yep, is a scary thought Billy.
     Reply #38 - May 27, 2012, 04:44 PM

Never heard this before, might vary by madhab. Source?

So, I just remembered I was going to get back to you on sources, sorry I have taken so long.

Rulings on the placement of a sutra in front of a person for prayer:

It is considered mustahab or mandoob by the majourity of 'ulema to place a sutra in front of a person for prayer, and only considered wajib by the minority i.e. salafis and some from the Hanbali school of thought. The 'ulema who consider the placement of a sutra in front of the person praying to be mustahab generally quote this:

Ibn Mas'ud said: "Four are of the characters of the hard hearted people: to do one’s Salaat without taking a Sutrah or to hear the ’Athaan and not attending the congregational Salaat in the mosque." [Narrated Ibn Abi Shaibah in “Al-Musannaf” (vol. 2 / p. 61) and Al-Baihaqi in “As-Sunan Al-Kubra” (vol. 2. p. 285). The hadith is Sahih]

and

As-Safarini said: ‘It is indeed recommended that one does his/ her Salaat towards a sutrah even if there is no chance of some one passing in front of him/ her’. Imam Malik held the opposite opinion regarding the last part of As-Safarini’s opinion and Ibn ‘Aqil Al-Hanbali stated in his “Al-Wadih” that the Sutrah should be a wall or something prominent. Imam Ahmad held the opinion that a Sutrah should be wide’  [“Sharh Thulathiyyat Al-Musnad” (vol. 2 / p. 782)]

Islamic jusriprudence on walking between someone (general male or female) and their sutra whilst they are praying:

In all schools of thought it is considered at the very least makrooh for anyone male or female to pass between someone praying and their sutra (or the appropriate distance if there is no sutra i.e. 3/5 saff) unless it is under the exceptions of someone trying to get to their prayer position in a row provided they don't pass in front of the imam, or if someone is praying in the Haram. The exceptions to this rule is when the imam is acting as the sutra and he/she does not pass in front of him but rather passes in front of the those behind him in prayer to get to his/her spot in the prayer row, and/or also when praying in the Haram. The exceptions does not cover the one praying individually unless he/she is in the Haram.

The hadith that show that it is allowed to pass those in prayer who are behind the imam who acts as the sutra for those praying in congregation are these:

Ibn 'Abbaas said: "Fodle and I came riding on a female donkey, while the Messenger of Allaah  was at `Arafah, so we passed in front of some of the rows, then we dismounted and we left the donkey to graze. We then entered (the Salaah) with the Messenger of Allaah, and the Messenger of Allaah did not say anything to us (about it)." [Al-Bukhaaree, Muslim, Al-Humaydee]

Abdullaah Ibn 'Amr said: "We rested with the Messenger of Allaah from Thanyatu (the mountain pass) of Azaakhir. The time for Salaah came, so he performed Salaah facing a wall in the direction of the Qib'la, and we were behind him. Then an animal came and tried to pass in front of him. He kept on warding it off, until he stuck his stomach to the wall and the animal passed behind him." [Ahmad, Aboo Daawood]

None of the schools of thought consider the prayer of a person to be invalidated by a male passing between a him/her and his/her sutra, it is however still considered makrooh (undesirable or a sin) for the person trying to pass between the praying person and his sutra and for the person who is praying if he/she does not try to prevent that person from passing.

According to the below hadith it is better for a person to wait 40 (time period unspecified in this particular version of hadith) which according to other versions of this hadith and commentaries on it have said 40 autumns or 40 weeks, or 40 months, or 40 years.  

"If only the one passing in front of another performing Salaah, knew the magnitude of the sin that he committed he would prefer to wait for (forty days, months or years) rather than to pass in front of him." [Al-Bukhari] Abu al-Nadr, one of the sub narrators, said ‘I don’t know whether he said forty days, or months or years’. In a version narrated by al-Bazzar the hadith reads ‘forty autumns’.

Obligation on the person who is praying to prevent the person trying to pass between him/her and his/her sutra:

Hadith state that if someone tries to pass in between a person and his sutra, then he is to prevent that person from doing so, male or female. According to the Hanafi school of thought it is considered mustahab to not fight the person trying to pass in front of them, but shout subhanallah (or if a woman to clap) and if that doesn't stop the person trying to pass then to raise one's hand or arm to prevent them (Umdatu’l-Fiqh). According to the Shafi and Hanbali Schools of thought one must fight the person trying to pass between the person and his sutra, and if he kills the person trying to pass between him and his sutra then he does not have to pay the blood money and there is no sin on him, as the person is obligated to fight the person trying to pass between him and the sutra (Reliance of the Traveler). However, again, the exception rule applies for those passing between the saff when getting to their prayer spot behind an imam and for the one praying in the Haram.

Messenger of Allaah: "If any of you perform Salaah then do not let anyone pass in front of you. And if someone insists ( on passing) then fight him, for indeed he is possessed". [Muslim]

Aboo Saaleh said: "I saw Aboo Sa'eed Al-Khudree, on the Day of Jum'ah, performing Salaah in front of something which he used as a Sutrah. A youth from the tribe of Banee Abi Mu'ayt wanted to pass in front of him, so Aboo Sa'eed repulsed him with a push on his chest. The youth, looking around, saw no other place to pass, except in front of Aboo Sa'eed. He therefore tried to pass again. Aboo Sa'eed this time pushed him even harder. The youth Abused Aboo Sa'eed and went to Marwaan to lodge a complaint against Aboo Sa'eed. Aboo Sa'eed then entered after him. When he came in, Marwaan asked him: "What is it, that you have with the son of your brother, Oh Aboo Sa'eed?" Aboo Sa'eed said: I heard the Prophet say: "If any of you perform Salaah, with a Sutrah blocking you from the people, and someone tried to pass in front of you, then fight him, for indeed he is (shaytaan) evil". [Al-Bukhaaree]

Reply #39 - May 27, 2012, 04:45 PM

Opinions on women passing between a person praying and his/her sutra:

Hadith that state that a person's prayer will be invalidated by the passing in front by a woman, a dog or a donkey.

"Salaah is invalidated by (the passing of) a black dog or a menstruating woman, (i.e. a woman who has reached puberty)." [Ahmad and Aboo Daawood]

"Salaah is repeated due to the passing of a donkey, a woman or a black dog". [Ibn Khuzaymah]

It was reported by Abdullah Ibn Samit that Abu Dhar said that the Messenger of Allah said: "If any of you wish to perform Salaat, he is indeed shielded if he has in-front-of him something the size of the rear end of a camel's saddle. If there isn't something, the size of the rear a camel's saddle in-front-of him however, then (the passing of) a donkey, a woman or a black dog can invalidate his Salaat." I said: Oh Abu Dhar! What is it with a black dog as opposed to a red or yellow dog?!" He said: "Oh my son of my brother! I asked the Messenger of Allah just as you have asked me, and he said: "A black dog is Shaytan." [Saheeh Muslim].

Abu Hurayrah, Anas, Ibn 'Abbaas, Al-Hassan Al-Basri, and some from the Shafi' school of thought (those after Shafi' as Shafi' himself was of the opinion that women, dogs, or donkeys passing a person praying does not invalidate one's prayer, rather that the blessings are decreased) are all of this opinion that if a woman, a dog, or a donkey passes in between a person and his/her sutra whilst they are praying, that they have then invalidated that person's prayer (Tamamul Minnah p. 300). The Hanbali school of thought and 'Aisha were of the opinion that only a black dog passing in between someone praying and their sutra will invalidate their prayer. The Hanafi school of thought does not consider a prayer invalidating by the passing of a woman, a dog, or a donkey between the person praying and his/her sutra (Al Mabsut Vol. 1, page 191).

Opinions are divided when it comes to whether the person's prayer is invalidated when a female passes in front of a person praying. Opinion is further divided as to whether the invalidation occurs dependent on what age the female is, some say 7 years of age and others say once the female hits adulthood (adulthood being considered as soon as she has her first period). Opinion is also divided as to whether only the prayers of a male is invalidated by the passing female, or whether it is both the male and female who's prayers are invalidated by the passing female.

Ibn Hazm is of the view that if a woman passes in front of a praying man she invalidates his prayer, but does not invalidate the prayer of a female if she passes between her and her sutra. He said:

"A woman passing in front of another praying woman does not invalidate her prayer."

According Al-Albani who has been said to be hanbali scholar and of the salafi movement, has said in answer to a question that a woman who passes between a praying person and their sutra irregardless of the praying person's gender, invalidates the praying person's prayer.

A woman invalidating a woman’s prayer
    source: silsilat ul-hudā wa nnūr ~ the series of guidance and light ~ tape no. 93
    Question #7: “The woman who has reached puberty invalidates the prayer by her passing in front of the one praying, so does she invalidate the prayer of a woman?”
    Shaykh al-Albānī answers:
    “Yes, the woman invalidates the prayer of another woman (if she passes in front of her), with the condition mentioned in some established narrations: if she has reached puberty. And there is no difference in Islamically legislated rulings between men and women, except that which came in text excluding women from the men; and there is no (such) text here. Rather the text is general: the woman (who has reached puberty), the donkey and the black dog invalidate the prayer of one of you when they pass in front of him, if there isn’t something like the rear part of a camel saddle in front of him.1 So there is no difference in the ruling.”

Opinion on women leading men in prayer or praying next to a man:

By in large the majourity of 'ulema and the Four Schools of Thought (Hanafi, Maliki, Shafi', and Hanbali) have forbidden women from leading men in prayer.

Yusuf Tawfiq Choudry who is from the Hanbali madhab says that women may not lead men in prayer:

The scholars of Islam have complete consensus on the fact that it is not permissible for women to lead a man in an obligatory prayer. Ibn Hazm [d. 456A.H.] rahimahullah says:

"They [the scholars] have agreed that a woman is not permitted to lead a man in [obligatory] prayer. If they were to do that [i.e. a woman led a man in obligatory prayer], then their prayers are invalidated by complete consensus." [Maratibul-Ijma, Ibn Hazm, p27, Darul-kutub al-Ilmiyyah]

Imam Ibn Hubierah [d. 560A.H.] says:

"They [the scholars] have complete consensus that it is not permissible for a woman to lead a man in prayer in obligatory prayers." [Al-Ifsah, Al-wazir Ibn Hubirah, vol. 2, pg 42, Markaz al-Fajr]

Ibn Masud said as reported by Abdur-Razzaq in his Musannaf and authenticated by Ibn Hajr: "The men and women in the time of the Children of Israel used to pray together and the women used to lead the men in prayer. So Allah caused them to have menstruation and so stopped them from the mosques." As for the narration from Aishah, then it states: "The women of the Children of Israel used to take wooden shoes and to be distinguished and lead the men in the masjids, so Allah prohibited the masjids upon them [the women] and punished them with menstruation."

http://www.islaam.net/main/display_article_printview.php?id=1384

A Woman's Prayer Beside a Man: A group of Imami legists observe: If
    a man and a woman perform salat in a single place so that she is either
    in front of him or beside him, and there is neither any screen between
    them nor does the distance between the two exceed 10 cubits, the
    salat of the one who starts earlier will not be invalid, and if both start
    simultaneously, the salat of both will be invalid.

The Hanafis say: If the woman is in front or beside a man, the
    salat will be invalid if performed in a single place with no screen at least
    a cubit high between them, the woman has sex appeal, her shanks and
    ankles are adjacent to his, the salat is not a funeral prayer, and the
    salat is being jointly performed, i.e. either she is following him or both
    are following a single imam.

The Shafi'is, the Hanbalis and most Imamis are of the view that the salat is valid, though the manner of performance is makruh.

(Prayer (Salat), According to Five Islamic Schools of Law: (Part III) By: 'Allamah Muhammad Jawad Maghniyyah)

The Maliki school of thought considers the prayer of a male invalid if he prays next to a woman (without a barrier) or behind a woman.  http://www.aswjonline.com/prayerpurification.htm

Ibn Majah, narrated through Jabir ibn Abdullah: "A woman may not lead a man in Prayer, nor may a Bedouin lead a believer of the Muhajirun or a corrupt person lead a committed Muslim in Prayer." (Sunan Ibn Majah)

Imam an-Nawawi, “If a woman leads a man or men in a congregational prayer, the prayer of the men is invalid. As for her prayer, and the prayer of the women praying with her, it is sound.”

“Behold! A woman is not permitted to perform the Imamat of men” (Sunan Ibn Maja: Book of establishing Prayer: Hadīth no. 1081)

However, there are a minority of 'ulema who have stated that it is permissible for a woman to lead a man in prayer, and most of those from the minority who have said this is permissible, have stated that it is only for nawafil salaat in the home and only if the woman is more knowledgeable than the men (knows more Qu'ran), and the general agreement amongst them is that a woman must stand behind the men to lead them in prayer based on their interpretation the hadith of Umm Waraqa***. Such 'ulema who've stated that it is permissible for women to lead men in prayer at home for the nawafil, are Imams Abi Thaur, al-Muzani, and Ibn Jarir. http://www.altmuslimah.com/a/b/a/leading_scholar_hamza_yusuf_on_women_leading_prayer/

*** 'Ulema who say it is forbidden for women to lead men in salaat also quote Umm Waraqa's hadith saying that it shows that women are only permitted to lead other women in prayer, not men.

Regarding women leading women in prayer and women's position in congregation:

Al-Haafiz said in al-Fath: This hadeeth teaches us a number of things… that women should stand behind the men’s rows, and a woman should form a row on her own if no other woman is present.

The Maliki school of thought considers the prayer of anyone male or female to be invalid if he/she prays next to a woman (without a barrier) or behind a woman.  http://www.aswjonline.com/prayerpurification.htm and also [Bulghatus Salik vl.1, pg.146; Ashalul Madarik, vl.1,pg.241]

According to the Hanafi school of thought a woman may lead other women in salaat and their prayers are valid, however it is considered makrooh tahriman (Maraqi al-Falah, Hashiyat Ibn Abidin).

Imam Muhammad ibn Al Hasan Al Shaybäni [d.189] writes, “We are not pleased by women leading the prayer however if they do so they should stand in the middle of the row among women just as `Ä’isha رضى الله عنها did. This is the view of Imam Abu Hanëfa.” [Kitäb Al Aathär p. 57, Maktaba Imdadiya, Multan, Pakistan]

The Shafi School of Thought and most jurists from Hanbali school of thought also allowed women to lead other women in prayer and is considered mustahab for women to lead other women (not men) in prayer at home if there is no qualified male available. [Ahkaam al-Imaamah wa’l-I’timaam by al-Muneef, p. 319-320]

`Atä reported that `Ä’isha would call the adhän and iqäma and would lead women in prayer and (while doing so) she would stand in the middle of them’. [Mustadrak: 731 & Sunan Al Bayhaqe: 5356]

`Ammär Al Duhani reported that a woman from his tribe named Hajëra said, “Umm Salama led them (i.e. the women) in prayer and stood in the middle (of the row).” [Sunan Al Bayhaqë: 5357]

Reply #40 - May 27, 2012, 04:46 PM

Hadith on women praying at home:

Whereas it is wajib for men to pray at the mosque on Jum'a and mustahab (and according to some 'ulema to be wajib) to males to pray the rest of the fard when one is able at the Masjid in congregation, it is actually considered to be mustahab for women to pray at home even on Jum'a, and according to some 'ulema women attending the mosque for the fard daily prayers and Jum'a is considered to be makrooh.

The Prophet said ‘The best mosque for the women is the inside of her home’ (Musnad Ahmad: vol. VI, p. 297).

The Prophet said, ‘For women to perform Prayer at home is better than to perform it in Congregation’ (Majma al-Zawaaid, vol. II, p. 34).

Opinions on whether or not a man's wudhu is broken by touching a woman:

The Maliki school of thought is of the opinion that any man who touches a woman (wife or other women who are ghair-mahram) seeking pleasure or gratification through the touch, then his wudhu is made invalid irregardless of whether or not the touch results in pleasure or gratification. http://www.aswjonline.com/prayerpurification.htm

According to the Shafi' school of thought if a man touches a woman then his wudhu is invalid even if it was an accidental touching [Kitab al-Umm]

Imam An-Nawawi states in his Minhaaj,

“The third (nullifier of wudhu’) is the touching of skin by a man and a woman, except for the mahram (permanently unmarriageable persons; example – Mother) according to the strongest opinion. And the one touched is just like the one being touched according to the soundest opinion. A young child, hair, teeth, do not nullify wudhu’ according to the correct opinion (in the school).” [Page 13 of Siraaj Al-Wahhaaj Sharh Al Minhaj

“The man kissing his wife or touching her (jass) with his hand is from “the one who touches (lams), and so whoever kisses or touches his woman with his hand then upon him is wudhu’.” [Mālik 1/43 (64) and Ash-Shāfi’ī in Al-Umm 1/15 as well as Al-Bayhaqī in his Sunan Al-Kubrā and others.]

According to the Hanafi School of thought if a man touches a woman irregardless of lustful thoughts or not his wudhu is still valid. http://www.islamawareness.net/Wudu/fatwa_touching.html

According to a Imam Muhammad bin 'Abdil-Wahhaab who is considered by many have been the founder of the salafi movement states in his book The Conditions, Pillars and Requirements of the Prayer , that one who touches a woman with sexual desire or pleasure, then his wudhu is invalidated.
     Reply #41 - May 27, 2012, 04:56 PM

Yeah, he sounds like a psychopath. Pity whichever woman he ensnares after you escaped.

He should be shot in the asshole and left to die slowly from massive intestinal hemorrhaging. I'm not exaggerating.

fuck you
     Reply #42 - May 27, 2012, 05:02 PM

Fuck that took me forever to find all that info and sources.

Thank FUCK I'm not muslim any more, reminds me how much my head used to hurt when I was going to the madrasah to study shari'ah. Fucking hell. All the rules, so many fucking rules, endless. That's why I maintain that it is impossible for anyone to be a perfect muslim or to follow Islam in every single aspect, as the amount of rules that abound regarding every single aspect of one's life is just too hard for any person to follow.

It's easier when one is following one's parents traditions, you know, praying how your parents prayed etc... but once you go to shari'ah school you find out there are all these rules, fucking endless rules that no one ever told you about, or maybe they did tell you but you thought it was a myth as how do you separate fact from fiction and how are you supposed to know what the 'ulema have really said or not?

Fuck it used to do my head in, plus the arguments between the different 'ulema and schools of thought and every-day muslims arguing about which school of thought was best, and then you have the fucking salafis running round screaming (you get my point) "FUCK you all, our opinions are the ONLY correct interpretations and if you don't fucking follow it you're all going to BURN!!! Takfir! Takfir! Takfir!" Cheesy

Unfortunately for me I was home-grown salafi and my X was a hybrid mixture of salafi-ht (yes, there are hybrids of that sort). I used to wonder sometimes laying in bed, "Well how the fuck am I supposed to know which is the correct opinion anyway? There are so many fucking different arguments for every single fucking different issue and who the fuck really knows if any of them are right..."

It always came down to, "Allahu 'Alim."

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
     Reply #43 - May 28, 2012, 01:33 AM

We appreciate it Da_Dude. Some "interesting" info there.  Afro

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #44 - May 28, 2012, 04:07 AM

Wow thanks for all the insight. (Sorry exams I didn't abandon my own thread)
    Couple of things I wanted to comment on.

- China eats dogs yes, but for food not because of hate. If you're desperate you'r desperate.

- Calling someone a dog is an insult yes, but so is ass, and those are still kept around.

- Interesting hadiths, never knew dogs were mentioned that frequently in Islam, though most for metaphor and negative descriptions.

- I can't believe a human being could kill a pet >:[ WTF

- Dogs can be high maintenance especially with poop everywhere -__- but once you spend the time to train them they are quite obedient. Cats are much cleaner but not as fun cause some cats can be very.. catty.

- I think it's interesting discussing these things, make us more surprised at the amt of BS in the hadiths you would have never known about or given a second thought.

- WTF that wudu stuff is soo mind-blowing for me. XD In the church I use to attend , there was a part of the service where you had to hold hands with your neighbor (man or woman) and then say this prayer together. The fact that a prayer can be nullified because of such petty things such as a simple touch, fart, position, recitation, cleanness, etc. sounds like a mental Obsessive compulsive behavior.

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »