Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 11, 2024, 06:33 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
May 10, 2024, 12:51 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
May 10, 2024, 09:41 AM

New Britain
May 08, 2024, 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
May 08, 2024, 07:16 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 30, 2024, 06:51 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: The online tests thread!

(Read 16789 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: The online tests thread!
     Reply #30 - May 13, 2012, 03:26 AM

A. Your score: 28
    Meh.

B. You scored 39 out of a total of 44.
    Surprised the hell out of me.

C. Your Global5/SLOAN type is RCOAI
    Your Primary type is Inquisitive
    It fucked up my orderliness and emotional stability, but got the other parts right. Not sure if its better or worse than MBTI, tbh.

D.

E.

F.

G.

Panamath -

JCTI -

Screw this, I'll fill in the rest of the tests later when I'm not tired and can be fucked to get around to it.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #31 - May 13, 2012, 03:28 AM

Verbal test: Oh man 60 questions... :/ I'll do it another time  Cheesy

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #32 - May 13, 2012, 03:30 AM

Got 26 out of 36 on the eyes.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #33 - May 13, 2012, 03:32 AM

The eye test is racist, btw. No black people eyes, kthx.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #34 - May 13, 2012, 03:35 AM

No Chinese people either. Why didn't you mention them, ya racist? Tongue

Reply #35 - May 13, 2012, 03:42 AM

Because the only good communist eyes are dead communist eyes.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #36 - May 13, 2012, 03:43 AM

Oh and can't be bothered with the silly BBC morality test. Took a quick look at it, immediately started thinking it was a daft attempt to reduce potentially complex issues to pat, brainless answers, just friggin' knew I'd only think it more and more daft as the potential issues piled up with each question added, and that this would end up with me getting pissed and scoring roughly equivalent to a werewolf with rabies, so decided I couldn't be fucked proceeding.

The BBC are far too cringingly PC anyway so Tongue

Reply #37 - May 13, 2012, 04:10 AM

Oh and can't be bothered with the silly BBC morality test. Took a quick look at it, immediately started thinking it was a daft attempt to reduce potentially complex issues to pat, brainless answers, just friggin' knew I'd only think it more and more daft as the potential issues piled up with each question added, and that this would end up with me getting pissed and scoring roughly equivalent to a werewolf with rabies, so decided I couldn't be fucked proceeding.

The BBC are far too cringingly PC anyway so Tongue

You're just morally corrupt Tongue and don't want everybody to see the proof of it -.-

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #38 - May 13, 2012, 04:12 AM

Everyone can already see the proof of it by searching my posts. I eat babies and enjoy doing it. dance

Reply #39 - May 13, 2012, 05:13 AM

That sex ID one was really good, it was actually more about abilities rather than sex.ID, although it is quite long, a lot of fun though. It tests 6 areas where men and women score differently (including hand measurements, use of left brain v right brain, spot the difference, verbal ability, shapes ability and recognising faces). Very comprehensive test.

My results-for a sample report

http://pastebin.com/vNsnbC2v

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

What apple stores are like.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QmZWv-eBI
     Reply #40 - May 13, 2012, 05:21 AM

Oh, and btw, nice scores everyone, I'm glad you're all enjoying it.

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

Reply #41 - May 13, 2012, 05:31 AM

Ok, new controversial tests (inherent personal biases and subconscience categorising) and you may prefer not to post your results here (but you can of course) and I do hope you enjoy the links and learn things about yourselves.

If you want to discuss the validity of the test, the social reasoning behind it, your results and why you got them please open another thread elsewhere, as I don't want to polute this one. Oh, and once again, no mockery or abuse based on results please.

These tests are generally not that long (some of them may only be relevant to North Americans)

The Harvard Implicit Association Test(s)

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/demo/selectatest.html

A short description

Psychologists understand that people may not say what's on their minds either because they are unwilling or because they are unable to do so.

The unwilling-unable distinction is like the difference between purposely hiding something from others and unconsciously hiding something from yourself. The Implicit Association Test makes it possible to penetrate both of these types of hiding. The IAT measures implicit attitudes and beliefs that people are either unwilling or unable to report.

There are a number of tests available (these are all different, seperate tests, they can all be found on the link above) I'm not going to link them all as they are all on that one link, but I will post an example list of what tests are available (these are the more interesting ones)

Gender - Science often reveals a relative link between liberal arts and females and between science and males.

Sexuality ('Gay - Straight' IAT) ability to distinguish words and symbols representing gay and straight people. It often reveals an automatic preference for straight relative to gay people.

Race ('Black - White' IAT). ability to distinguish faces of European and African origin. It indicates that most Americans have an automatic preference for white over black.    

Skin-tone ('Light Skin - Dark Skin' IAT). ability to recognize light and dark-skinned faces. It often reveals an automatic preference for light-skin relative to dark-skin.

Age ('Young - Old' IAT). ability to distinguish old from young faces. This test often indicates that Americans have automatic preference for young over old.

Weight ('Fat - Thin' IAT). ability to distinguish faces of people who are obese and people who are thin. It often reveals an automatic preference for thin people relative to fat people.

Religion ('Religions' IAT). familiarity with religious terms from various world religions.

Arab-Muslim ('Arab Muslim - Other People' IAT).the ability to distinguish names that are likely to belong to Arab-Muslims versus people of other nationalities or religions.

A list of other tests on there
    Native American ('Native - White American' IAT).
    Weapons ('Weapons - Harmless Objects' IAT).
    Asian American ('Asian - European American' IAT).
    Presidents ('Presidential Popularity' IAT).
    Disability ('Disabled - Abled' IAT
    Gender - Career

Reply #42 - May 13, 2012, 05:45 AM

tl: dr; Smiley

Reply #43 - May 13, 2012, 05:48 AM

Ok, I'll sort it.

Reply #44 - May 13, 2012, 05:56 AM

Ok, I'll sort it.

Don't listen to mean Os, sprout, he's morally corrupt!

Put your results back! Share it!

Reply #45 - May 13, 2012, 06:08 AM

No, he's right, I want to make sure this thread doesn't get boring and unreadable, I want to keep the posts short and sweet-I only posted my results so that people could see what the report was like (rather than to post my own personal results), but it's too long-nevermind.

The bbc website definitely doesn't help as it doesn't give you a unique link to share your results.

Reply #46 - May 13, 2012, 06:17 AM

PasteBin it, and share link here

Reply #47 - May 13, 2012, 06:22 AM

Good idea, thanks  Afro

Reply #48 - May 13, 2012, 11:14 AM

That sex ID one was really good, it was actually more about abilities rather than sex.ID, although it is quite long, a lot of fun though. It tests 6 areas where men and women score differently (including hand measurements, use of left brain v right brain, spot the difference, verbal ability, shapes ability and recognising faces). Very comprehensive test.

My results-for a sample report

HAHAHA it says you're barely male! LOL!

At least, that's what I think 25/100 (male) means. Tongue

Kay I'm doing this test now.  dance

Self ban for Ramadan (THAT RHYMES)

Expect me to come back a Muslim. Cool Tongue j/k we'll see..
     Reply #49 - May 13, 2012, 11:34 AM

So this male/female one, super-long....and omg, they asked me how long my fingers were. I had to go find a ruler! Took ages. -_-

Anyways, so, apparently I'm bang in the middle of male/female. There are a whole bunch of numbers, I don't think anyone cares enough.

dance This is so much fun!

Reply #50 - May 13, 2012, 01:02 PM

Reply #51 - May 13, 2012, 02:35 PM

OMG you did so much better in the JCTI!!! Good job!!!!!!!!  Afro

Reply #52 - May 13, 2012, 07:39 PM

Reply #53 - May 18, 2012, 02:26 AM

I did the IAT for race (African v European Americans) and my test result changed from last time, last time I got a 'moderate preference' for European Americans-this time

Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for European American compared to African American.

The interpretation is described as 'automatic preference for European American' if you responded faster when European American faces and Good words were classified with the same key than when African American faces and Good words were classified with the same key. Depending on the magnitude of your result, your automatic preference may be described as 'slight', 'moderate', 'strong', or 'little to no preference'. Alternatively, you may have received feedback that 'there were too many errors to determine a result'.

Wow, sub-consciously I'm more racist than before-I wondered the differences, maybe I did the test differently? Last time, I tried my hardest to score African American with good quickly and with bad slowly, this time, I did the test without affecting anything. Scary.

I'll do more IATs later.

Please note by the way (for those who may not know me), that consciouisly, I'm 100% non-racist, in fact I stand firmly against racism, and interestingly enough, the famous skeptic Michael Shermer got the same result as me

http://articles.latimes.com/2006/nov/24/opinion/oe-shermer24

In his words

I consider myself about as socially liberal as you can get, and yet on a scale that includes "slight," "moderate" and "strong," the program concluded: "Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for European American compared to African American." What? "The interpretation is described as 'automatic preference for European American' if you responded faster when European American faces and Good words were classified with the same key than when African American faces and Good words were classified with the same key."

But I'm not a racist. How can this be? It turns out that this subconscious association of good with European Americans is true for everyone, even African Americans, no matter how colorblind we all claim to be.

Reply #54 - May 18, 2012, 03:32 AM

I did the verbal IQ, panamath and JCTI tests again to compare my new scores (no longer studying, 23) to my old scores (studying, 20-22)

Verbal IQ now:

IQ score 113
    Percentalge 82nd

Interesting, lower, but understandable given that while studying I relied on my vocabulary in courseworks and assignments, and now I don't-plus I read more at the time.

Panamath has also gotten worse

20 (last time 13), 90th percentile for my age=11, 10th percentile=34

(response time has improved) 1058ms (last time longer), 90th percentile for my age=819ms, 10th percentile for my age 1270ms

Interesting, again must be because I no longer study.

JCTI

127-which stands pretty much between what I scored on average last time (125-130 depending on when I took the test)-things haven't changed.

I might take the CCAT at some point (it's in the JCTI link), it looks more varied.

Reply #55 - May 18, 2012, 04:04 PM

^ HA!!! RACIST Grin Grin

j/k. I did the IAT or whatever once after reading "Blink". It actually said I wasn't racist at all, which is a joke cuz I know I'm racist, just not against black people.

I'll do it again. dance

Reply #56 - May 18, 2012, 04:06 PM

Good for you, you're in the 15% (lower maybe) category.

Reply #57 - May 18, 2012, 04:13 PM

"Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for European American compared to African American."

Possibly because I've moved to a very white area. Last time I took it, I was in Saudia. Smiley

Reply #58 - May 18, 2012, 04:18 PM

Or like any test it's subject to results changing based on when you take the test, time of day etc. I tried very hard to be 'non-racist' the first time I took it so that's why I got a 'moderate' preference (step above mild), this time I did it in the morning and so my guard wasn't up, that's why I got a 'strong' preference. BTW, I live in a 99.999999% white british area, but it's not just that-I think this bias is very widely prevalent, 85%+ I read somewhere, even among non-whites and African Americans. Or maybe the test itself is done incorrectly, having said that, other tests have yielded similar results on the nature of the sub-conscience.

Reply #59 - May 18, 2012, 04:22 PM

NO! I'm not racist against black people. I'm racist against BROWN people though, they should have one of those tests. dance

But yeah, that would make sense, about the time you take it. Maybe I'm growing as an individual...growing more racist Tongue

And I still think it's hilarious that you're racist subconsciously. LOL.

• Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »