Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Remembering Harakaat (R.I.P.)

(Read 25302 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Remembering Harakaat (R.I.P.)
     Reply #90 - April 26, 2012, 05:27 PM

Wow. That is all I could think about reading through this thread. This may make some people feel worse but I hope tohave it come off as beneficial. you all prevented me from doing something drastic to myself.

while everyone will mourn the loss of a brilliantyoung man this is no ones fault.

I wish parents everywhere could remove their veil of religion and see their kids for whom they actually are.
     Reply #91 - April 26, 2012, 05:33 PM

Wow. That is all I could think about reading through this thread. This may make some people feel worse but I hope tohave it come off as beneficial. you all prevented me from doing something drastic to myself.

while everyone will mourn the loss of a brilliantyoung man this is no ones fault.

I'm really glad to hear that norabora.  Something good must almost come out of something so sad or it's an even more devastating loss than it already has been.  :(

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #92 - April 26, 2012, 05:55 PM

never interacted with him, but he seemed like a sweet kid and unusually open-minded and intelligent for a boy of his age. he'll be missed by many that's for sure.

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #93 - April 26, 2012, 06:44 PM

RIP Harakaat - he is a great loss.
     Words aren't enough.

Does anyone know if it was an suicide or an extrinsic cause?
     Reply #94 - April 26, 2012, 07:10 PM

RIP Harakaat - he is a great loss.
     Words aren't enough.

Does anyone know if it was an suicide or an extrinsic cause?

hupla It makes no difference ., So let me add some music from  a revolutionary musician.,   his favorite musician

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpTTvKB4Q4c

Lounès Matoub (in Kabyle: Lwennas Meɛṭub, Algerian Arabic: معتوب لوناس) (January 24, 1956 – June 25, 1998) was a famous Berber Kabyle singer and mondol player [1] who was a prominent advocate of the Berber cause and secularism in Algeria throughout his life.

He is revered as a hero and martyr in Kabylie and the Berber World but reviled by most of the Arab population in Algeria for his atheism and the alleged blasphemy of some songs (like Allahu Akbar) along with his militant advocacy of Berber rights, so he was unpopular among both warring parties during Algerian Civil War. His assassination, in circumstances which remain unclear, provoked violent riots in Kabylie. Berber Algerians still accuse the Algerian regime of killing Matoub Lounès, but some of the Algerian regime's figures accused the Islamist terrorists of this crime.

That Berber Kid is Young Lounès Matoub in 1973

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #95 - May 01, 2012, 06:20 PM

Fuck this world. Always taking away the good ones. I never did know him in real life but this has shaken me to the core. I have no words to say. This is a huge loss, he had an undeniably bright future. He helped me when things were difficult and I'll never be able to do the same for him.

RIP Buddy, you're okay now. See you on the other side.

"The more powerful and original a mind, the more it will incline toward the religion of solitude."

"i used to steal my sisters barbies so i could take their clothes off and perv on them" - prince spinoza
     Reply #96 - May 01, 2012, 06:25 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd02pGJx0s0&ob=av2e

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #97 - May 01, 2012, 06:32 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfR238kimYU&feature=related

"The more powerful and original a mind, the more it will incline toward the religion of solitude."

"i used to steal my sisters barbies so i could take their clothes off and perv on them" - prince spinoza
     Reply #98 - May 01, 2012, 08:04 PM

He can live through us. We can keep him alive. We'll never forget you, Harakaat and I wish we could have met. Maybe one day we will. I'd like that. I wish we'd talked more. I sincerely promise you though, that for the rest of my stay on this planet I will carry your memory with me, another young soul lost in this labyrinth they call life. Gone but never forgotten.

Reply #99 - May 01, 2012, 09:33 PM

I didn't know him too well, but he seemed such a nice guy. And so smart! So sad for such a lovely young guy to be taken. RIP, you won't be forgotten, even by those of us who never truly knew you.
     Reply #100 - May 01, 2012, 09:37 PM

Harakaat. We are all missing your sense of humor and insightful and witty comments.

I still have this small sense of hope that this is all a misunderstanding and that he will log back onto the forums and put a smile on all of our faces again.    

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #101 - July 18, 2012, 04:19 PM

This is my first opportunity to express my sadness at the passing away of Harakaat. Reading about his death a little under three months ago was shocking and upsetting. He was a gem, truly the phrase 'one in a million' was made for him.

It took me a long time to believe that he was only sixteen/seventeen - i thought no way could a 'kid' write like he does about the topics like he did. Awesome intellect. The world missed out on a talent - idealistic to the extent that he may not have become cynical in his later years.

Okay so he was a wit par excellence but what really stood out for me - iirc was a thread discussing the EDL leader being punched, amongst all the other replies to that topic, his was the first to suggest that violence is never the answer - that cemented it for me - harakaat was something else - if there is a heaven he should be in it.

Did he not have his first drink whilst on this board (iirc)- that was fun.

I did read most if not all of his posts made after i joined  and harakaat did send a PM about a topic under discussion, namely Identity and with hindsight wish I could have corresponded with him more about it but at that time I did not feel that I could impart upon him any advise that he would not have known already.

I don't know if this is suitable but at the time of his passing whenever the Katy Perry song 'Firework' came on the radio - my mind then and now somehow associates that tune with Harakaat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGJuMBdaqIw

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
  • Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »