Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Remembering Harakaat (R.I.P.)

(Read 25288 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Remembering Harakaat (R.I.P.)
     Reply #60 - April 22, 2012, 03:27 PM

............your death will not be in vain............

far away hug

Nooo......no I can not get over this.. Harakaat leaving this life was TERRIBLE and is in vain.. We can not find one in a million 16 year olds with that intelligence,  with that determination  and with his background of Islam and in general   in this world..   His first post says it all

....You can call me Lounes. Matoub Lounes was an Algerian singer who was killed by the Islamists in the nineties for his rebellious, fiercely secularist songs. Alternatively, you can call me Yekker or Boualem, Boualem Yekker being the protagonist in Tahar Djaout's (another secularist Algerian writer; another man killed for his beliefs) 1984-esque novel, Le dernier été de la raison (The Last Summer of Reason). Or you can just call me harakaat, a nice word I'm very fond of that has come to mean "shenanigans" in spoken Arabic. Actually, you can call me anything you want. I'm big on the whole choice/flexibility thing.

So yes, I'm 16, I used to be a Muslim (at times even glorifying terrorism), before I grew out of it. First came support for Israel and fascination with the Jewish culture, then my increasing political liberalism ...

and that was his first post., A sixteen year old knowing all that is stunning., I always think such young fellows will have much brighter future  in this 21st century., Never I ever  thought he will disappear by the age of 17..   ha! when I was around 16 I was running around buffaloes..

Yes it is In vain.. his death is terrible waste of a bright star.. Imagine what   he could have done next 60 or 70 years or so..  I wish I knew him personally..

On April16th I wrote
    Hmm  you seem to be planning for a harem,  I see Calipha(PUBH)  in you  harakaat.,  So how many cousins you have   Cheesy

and he replied  with
    ^ Too many to count...

on Apri 17th he wrote
    Yeezevee, I have to tell you something. Most of the time, I have no idea what you're saying...

and I was trying write to him a long post on why people don't understand what I write but never  gave me a chance   to reply and three days later I read allat

One of our own has, sadly, passed away.

He was known to us as harakaat. ..

April17th was his last visit to the forum..

I must have interacted   1000s of people on web about life and Islam in general ., but very few young men comes close to  Harakat....,  It is impossible to forget such an intelligent thoughtful guy.. like Harakat....

So Yes it is In vain..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #61 - April 22, 2012, 03:44 PM

April17th was his last visit to the forum..

I must have interacted   1000s of people on web about life and Islam in general ., but very few young men comes close to  Harakat....,  It is impossible to forget such an intelligent thoughtful guy.. like Harakat....

So Yes it is In vain..

Dearest yeezevee.  Yes, we are ALL in shock, horrified, angry, frustrated, and
    feel absolutely helpless.  Yes, our little prince was a prodigy for sure!

My point is that since there is nothing we can do, there ARE things we can
    do to honor him, and help him to live on through us.  There are things we
    can do to be more sensitive to those just arriving here in CEMB.  We can
    be more dilligent.

I fully understand why you say this though. 

May time be gentle with all our grieving processes.

far away hug

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #62 - April 22, 2012, 03:48 PM

everyone far away hug

Life is what happens to you while you're staring at your smartphone.

Eternal Sunshine of the Religionless Mind
     Reply #63 - April 22, 2012, 04:11 PM

I remember harakaat bringing a huge smile to my face when he made the silliest joke about "fancy glue" right in the middle of a very technical discussion about arabic grammar I think it was. I mean who comes up with the idea of fancy glue LOL. He was adorable  Smiley
     Reply #64 - April 22, 2012, 07:55 PM

When Allat first told me about Harakaat's passing, I suspect she perhaps hoped I would be able to come and offer some wise, comforting and mature words - the sort age should have bestowed upon me. But since the moment she told me I have been unable to to write anything wise or comforting. Yes we had so many exchanges that showed what an extraordinary mind he had and most of all what an adorable character he was, but to be honest I just feel grief - and regret I couldn't help him. It has made the world very dark at the moment.
     Reply #65 - April 22, 2012, 08:00 PM

I am sorry. I thought you'd want to know because you 2 had had exchanges in the past. I didn't want it to come as a surprise later after everyone has dealt with their grief. I thought maybe then you would feel that we should've told you sooner.

As an admin, I have to put on a strong face for others. As a human, I am not handling this well at all. But as usual, I'll be strong for others...

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #66 - April 22, 2012, 08:03 PM

Hassan and Allat 

far away hug

take it slow, let nature take its course as the grief sweeps through you.
    Let the tears flow, as that too is natures way of cleansing and healing both the
    eyes and the soul. 

Be gentle with yourselves.  WE are still here, and care very VERY much
    for both of you.

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #67 - April 22, 2012, 08:11 PM

for you Hassan far away hug I tried writing something yesterday and broke down in tears, even though none of us really know each other, the forum is the glue that holds us together, and when one hurts we all hurt. I love this forum however my wife has started to complain at the amount of time I spend here, but this is the reason we are here, if a member is feeling shut out, we should be there all ears blazing and listening to what has to be said. I am not good with words therefore I hardly comment but if I think I can help someone I am definitely going to try, CEMB has become my online family, if I have problems I can just go rant about it as someone will be there to offer advice, I am just rambling and don;t know if any of this makes sense, Hassan, don't feel bad, he had us and if he wanted help he would have asked for it....much love to you
     Reply #68 - April 22, 2012, 08:13 PM

I am sorry. I thought you'd want to know because you 2 had had exchanges in the past. I didn't want it to come as a surprise later after everyone has dealt with their grief. I thought maybe then you would feel that we should've told you sooner.

As an admin, I have to put on a strong face for others. As a human, I am not handling this well at all. But as usual, I'll be strong for others...

No, no, of course sweetheart, I know. It is I who is at fault - I who should be strong and think of others at this time, but just can't - I just feel too overwhelmed to offer any help to others. Being of help to others is the only thing that keeps me going and I can't even do that.
     Reply #69 - April 22, 2012, 08:14 PM

Hassan just your presence here is comforting for many who you have inspired. I know that doesn't mean you will have similar support in return, but maybe that's all we give to others is all we ourselves can have in the giving itself.
     far away hug

And thank you so much JnT far away hug

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #70 - April 22, 2012, 08:21 PM

No, no, of course sweetheart, I know. It is I who is at fault - I who should be strong and think of others at this time, but just can't - I just feel too overwhelmed to offer any help to others. Being of help to others is the only thing that keeps me going and I can't even do that.

Then lean on us, Hassan, let us support you for a change.  Its okay for you to lean once
    in a while, too.

far away hug

Helen Keller
     Reply #71 - April 22, 2012, 08:23 PM

@allat, jnt, Dr_Zhivago and all  far away hug
     Reply #72 - April 22, 2012, 08:25 PM

This is truly tragic. I don't get too deeply involved in this site. Mostly, I read & digest. I read many of his posts & like others have said he struck me as being outstandlingly bright- clearly a prodigy. I was in awe. He was only 17. He was just a kid & had so much more to give & so much more to experience. RIP- Harakat.

When truth is hurled against falsehood, falsehood perishes, for falsehood by its nature is bound to perish.
     Reply #73 - April 22, 2012, 08:31 PM

Yeah, Hassan, lean on us here. Grief should not be faced alone, not consistently. In happiness we seek the company of others; happiness grows as it is shared. In grief we need each other even more, and grief gets divided when shared. So please, let us be there for you too.

Reply #74 - April 22, 2012, 09:24 PM

forgive me..
    i don't know what to say..
    i still have some of his messages in my inbox..
    and running across his posts bring me to tears..

Reply #75 - April 22, 2012, 10:06 PM

Rest in Peace, my dear Harakaat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB-BBVQLnxI
     Reply #76 - April 23, 2012, 03:06 AM

I must have interacted   1000s of people on web about life and Islam in general ., but very few young men comes close to  Harakat....,  It is impossible to forget such an intelligent thoughtful guy.. like
    So Yes it is In vain..

It is a horrible loss when any young life is ended in an untimely manner. In my way of thinking death is a great enemy.  It is especially difficult to see a young one so full of intelligence  and ideas and mature thoughts take his own life.

It is my thought that what each of us does next will make a difference  as regarding if Harakaat  actions were in vain or not. Already I can see his time here was not in vain. He touched  so many lifes here.  He touched our real life not just some internet game we play to past time. If each one of us just remembers that as a tribute to Harakaat then perhaps we will make a difference  in someones life. If we strive to be a live in thoughts and actions not wasting life because know the  pain and sorrow  of a life to soon over. If in some small way as our abilities allow each of us tries to be that one in a thousand as a tribute to Harakaat them perhaps there would be a small difference in some issue that we consider important.

Do not forget want was good about Harakaat let that cause us to be strive to be better.

For now we have grief  because it is a great loss and a greater loss for those close to Harakaat.  But as each comes  to terms with that grief perhaps the memory that young mans strength will give strength.

If at first you succeed...try something harder.

Failing isn't falling down. Failing is not getting back up again.
     Reply #77 - April 23, 2012, 03:49 AM

Looking at the grief we at CEMB are going trying to cope with I can't imagine the hell Harakaat's parents must be going through. We lost an intelligent, funny and helpful friend but they lost a son.   

Even though i only interacted with him once on the forum and read his posts i still can't process that i will never be able to talk to that wonderful and insightful guy ever again.    Cry

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #78 - April 23, 2012, 03:53 AM

Posted in wrong topic, oops. Ignore.
     Reply #79 - April 23, 2012, 06:58 PM

I've just seen this now and am in complete shock.

RIP Harakaat, you will be dearly missed <3

井の中の蛙大海を知らず。
    (I no naka no kawazu taikai wo shirazu)
    A frog in a well does not know the great sea.
  • harakaat died ??
     Reply #80 - April 23, 2012, 07:16 PM

Somewhere i read harakaat died ? Its so so so sad to hear that :( .....but when and how it happened ?

Disbelief doesn't justify getting tortured in eternal hell
  • Re: harakaat died ??
     Reply #81 - April 23, 2012, 07:20 PM

Yes. We don't really need another thread about it though. I'm going to merge this with the official memorial thread. Please read this through.

Reply #82 - April 23, 2012, 08:02 PM

Harakaat.. my sweet lil prince... I hope in your passing
    that all of us here can be better people.  More compassionate,
    more patient, less inclined to speak harshly to others, especially
    noobs.
    Harakaat... your death will not be in vain.  I have always
    had a very special place in my heart for you, your tenderness and
    gentleness.  May we all take from those wonderous qualities of
    yours, and continue to share them with others.

far away hug

That echoes my sentiments exactly.

I've been avoiding this thread. My grief isn't as deep as others here, but I'm just so sorry the guy was in so much pain. Every now and then my thoughts return to him - poor guy.

The bolded part is definitely what Harakaat has taught me.
     Reply #83 - April 23, 2012, 08:06 PM

I can't stop my tears Cry Cry Cry

Disbelief doesn't justify getting tortured in eternal hell
     Reply #84 - April 24, 2012, 01:44 PM

Holy Crap!

I didn't know about it until Tut pointed out.. RIP Harakaat.

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #85 - April 24, 2012, 01:57 PM

I keep running across threads where he commented.

His cute little avitar, which always reminded me of
    a mouse with long whiskers still there. &#160;

I cant read them. &#160;Im running away from feeling. Im so numb,
    but filled with grief and a broken heart. &#160;I cant cry. &#160;At
    least not yet. &#160;Still numb.. so fucking numb D:

edit:  thedarkrebel.  Yeah, I was thinking about his family,
    too.  Cant even begin to imagine what they are going through.

Helen Keller
     Reply #86 - April 24, 2012, 02:13 PM

I'll never forget how this 16 year-old precocious kid helped me - a 52 year-old - with something I was writing. He really astonished me with his detailed knowledge of the finer nuances of Arabic grammar and style and put this old guy to shame.

I've met so many wonderful people here who have touched and moved me in many different ways - but Harakaat really stood out. He was so kind to me - so careful not to upset me (not that he ever could) - so gentle and respectful and loved sharing his love for Arabic music and poetry with me.

His honesty always struck me too - he would always listen and be open to different views and responded with an open heart and mind.
     Reply #87 - April 24, 2012, 03:11 PM

I went through some of his posts - not a shred of arrogance or pride. Seemed like an artistic soul. The age of 17 and death should never be in the same sentence.
     Reply #88 - April 24, 2012, 03:21 PM

I sadly did not have much of a chance to get to know Harakaat because I am new here, but since hearing the news I have been reading some of his old posts. He seemed to have been very bright. I think I am going to have to track down the book he recommended in his first post (The Last Summer of Reason).

My condolences to all his family and friends, may he rest in peace.

Reply #89 - April 26, 2012, 03:59 PM

Too bad he decided to leave this world. He seemed like  a pretty decent guy, even though I didn't know him irl.

I shouldn't be here. Really. Shaytan SWT deluded ALL of us. Amen.
  • Previous page 1 2 34 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »