Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Remembering Harakaat (R.I.P.)

(Read 25284 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Remembering Harakaat (R.I.P.)
     Reply #30 - April 21, 2012, 01:01 AM

He was a nice, and intelligent person. As others mentioned, he seemed too intelligent for his age. May he RIP!
     Reply #31 - April 21, 2012, 01:13 AM

Wait, what? This is so sad, I only saw him talking was it yesterday or the day before?

So not fair, poor kid, he was such a nice person too and funny guy. Too young.
     Reply #32 - April 21, 2012, 01:15 AM

RIP harakaat.

I wish that I could've gotten to know you better. Cry

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #33 - April 21, 2012, 01:46 AM

I didn't know harakaat that much, i talked with him some few times when I was active in the chat. And from those few encounters and from his posts here, there is no doubt that harakaat was truly gifted and highly intellectual young man (literally speaking).

Since you loved languages, harakaat: Hvil i fred, du skjønne menneske!

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
            Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

- John Keats
     Reply #34 - April 21, 2012, 02:02 AM

He used to always make playful jabs at me even when I wasn't talking to him.  I  thought of him as incredibly smart, warm, and interesting.  RIP Harakaat. 

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #35 - April 21, 2012, 02:04 AM

RIP Harakaat.

Smart, witty, kind guy.
    An open-minded, honest, truth-seeker. Afro

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #36 - April 21, 2012, 02:54 AM

While I didn't know harakaat that well, we did speak a few times and he seemed to be a nice and smart kid. I was deeply saddened when I heard the news. My condolences are with his family and those close to him.

I don't know the circumstances that led to his actions, but maybe had he talked to someone, things might have been different. I don't think this is the place to talk about this, but I have to say it. Anyone on here who's feeling the way harakaat did should talk to someone on here, we've got a wise group of people here, or find people elsewhere they can talk to. He was young and it seems he was going through a lot, and he was confused. I don't post much on here, but I am around here a lot. People on this forum are a very unique bunch, a lot of us have been through similar situations or we're going through them, we all have something in common. We have a special connection that we rarely find outside of this place, that's what keeps bringing us back here. This connection isn't apparent, but it's there, it's like you are a part of my extended family. Maybe that's why the news of harakaat passing away made me feel so sad, it felt like I lost a member of my family.

R.I.P. Harakaat, you will be missed.
     Reply #37 - April 21, 2012, 06:42 AM

A bright spark.

I'm sorry the dude was in so much pain and felt like he had no other option.

If there is anyone reading who is contemplating suicide please talk to someone and let them know how you're feeling. People can support you to get you through these tough times.

Please don't give up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU6bc_Gsp7s
     Reply #38 - April 21, 2012, 07:17 AM

This is strange !!!!!!!!! Say it isn't so. He was just posting on the forum a few days ago. I'm speechless.
     Reply #39 - April 21, 2012, 07:19 AM

He seemed like a really positive person and I couldn't figure him of all people actually doing this.

"I measured the skies, now the shadows I measure,
    Sky-bound was the mind, earth-bound the body rests."
    [Kepler's epitaph]
     Reply #40 - April 21, 2012, 08:13 AM

You will sorely be missed, R.I.P Harakaat, although none of us are really close the emotion one feels when one of our own passes away.......
    *In tears*
    Love you far away hug
     Reply #41 - April 21, 2012, 08:25 AM

RIP, fella.

Still in shock and disbelief here.
     Reply #42 - April 21, 2012, 08:49 AM

Wow that's shocking! I had been reading he's posts all over the place the last few days. He was a great member and rightly so a good human being. Truly sad to see a life cut short.. RIP Harakaat.
     Reply #43 - April 21, 2012, 09:14 AM

Oh Crap! What the hell. How could this happen!! He was just right here a few days ago.
     Reply #44 - April 21, 2012, 10:42 AM

Man I can't believe this, I am in shock, I'm totally shocked, I PM'ed the guy a while ago, I asked him a couple of questions and he answered.

He was without any doubt a very smart person, I didn't know he was 17, I thought he was 25 or something, I swear.

Wow, I am in shock, I can't believe it.

I don't know what  the reasons for his death were but I hope whatever they were, they weren't painful.

RIP Harakaat

I can't believe it.

Reply #45 - April 21, 2012, 10:51 AM

I never got to really know this guy, but remember him being very intelligent and friendly from the few posts I have seen. It's so sad that he had to leave us so young :( My thoughts go out to his family and friends far away hug

RIP Harakaat far away hug
     Reply #46 - April 21, 2012, 10:58 AM

A bright spark.

I'm sorry the dude was in so much pain and felt like he had no other option.

If there is anyone reading who is contemplating suicide please talk to someone and let them know how you're feeling. People can support you to get you through these tough times.

Please don't give up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU6bc_Gsp7s

So he committed Suicide Huh?

Reply #47 - April 21, 2012, 03:24 PM

Since you loved languages, harakaat: Hvil i fred, du skjønne menneske!

That's not a bad idea.

Que Harakaat repose en paix. Il était vraiment adorable. Son intelligence, sa gentillesse et son excentricité manqueront à ce forum, et au monde.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #48 - April 21, 2012, 04:18 PM

I can't believe this. It just seems to have come from nowhere. Although we did not interact much, Harakaat displayed great intelligence in his posts and was never afraid to be honest. He was a very friendly bloke that had the qualities of a great person. I'm going to miss him.

RIP Harakaat.

far away hug to everyone.
     Reply #49 - April 21, 2012, 08:21 PM

The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long.

RIP

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #50 - April 21, 2012, 08:25 PM

This springs to mind.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1i-RKqOFxQ
     Reply #51 - April 21, 2012, 08:55 PM

I'm so shocked, I didn't know him that well but judging by the tributes he was tremendous loss for mankind - I'm sure he would have made lasting legacy in whatever he chose to pursue.
     Reply #52 - April 21, 2012, 10:45 PM

Although we never really spoke to each other much, I remember your name & feel connected.  Maybe its a CEMB thing, maybe its an exmuslim thing, I dont know.  I sincerely wish this was not an apostacy related incident though & wish it had never come to this.  I just wish somebody had been there for you at the right moment and at the right time.  May your fate never have to reach anybody ever again, and encourage us all to do that little bit more in whatever way we can.  My condolences to all your loved ones, & may you live in their hearts forever.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #53 - April 22, 2012, 01:07 AM

I never talked to him only saw some of his post a few of times.
    but this is really sad, he was only 17  Cry.

R.I.P my friend, hope I had gotten to known you better.

Lost somewhere between immensity and eternity is our tiny planetary home. [carl sagan]
     Reply #54 - April 22, 2012, 01:12 AM

RIP

Ishina, i was just pondering this, this afternoon.  How true it is.

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #55 - April 22, 2012, 04:24 AM

I've been putting off posting in here for a few days, trying to come to terms with this. My hope is that Harakaat had some knowledge of all of the people here that respected and cared about him and it brought him some joy, however small. I hope there was some small part of him that realized that just by existing, even for the short time he did, he made the world brighter. I hope also that in his last moments he finally found the peace he sought.

Peace to Harakaat and to all of you.
     Reply #56 - April 22, 2012, 07:45 AM

Man this is sad I never really talked to him or knew him but to hear the loss of such a young life is tragic. And from what everyones saying he seemed like a great kid and we as a community have lost a great member :(
     Reply #57 - April 22, 2012, 09:26 AM

Wow...or perhaps... humm. .. Death when it happens doesn't surprise me anymore it has been a part of my life to long.  However may the day never come when I am no longer greatly grieved by death and overwhelmed by the pain and sorrow it causes families and friends who lose a loved one.

Harakaat was not a member that I had a lot of direct conversation with however I often read his posts and enjoyed the points he brought out. Very insightful for a young man. I thought his crab avatar was cool, he had some other neat ones since. I did't realize that some of the classical music that I have enjoyed was posted by Harakaat.

I believe in a resurrection to paradise. I suppose I'll see him there someday

If at first you succeed...try something harder.

Failing isn't falling down. Failing is not getting back up again.
     Reply #58 - April 22, 2012, 12:16 PM

I’m absolutely mortified. I just can’t get over this. I … guessed it may have been coming, but I thought it was general talk from him. I used to speak to him on Facebook chat and he said he wanted to commit suicide. I tried my best to talk him out of it, but every time he brought it up it was hypothetical. In the end I thought he didn’t mean to do it, or fantasised about doing it later in life to exert the final act of control.

He was very intelligent, bright, well–spoken… In fact not until I read this thread did I realise he was only 17! I’m totally horrified by this! I’m actually in tears as I’m writing this.
     Reply #59 - April 22, 2012, 02:47 PM

Harakaat.. my sweet lil prince... I hope in your passing
    that all of us here can be better people.  More compassionate,
    more patient, less inclined to speak harshly to others, especially
    noobs.  Harakaat... your death will not be in vain.  I have always
    had a very special place in my heart for you, your tenderness and
    gentleness.  May we all take from those wonderous qualities of
    yours, and continue to share them with others.

far away hug

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
  • Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »