Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Obituary For Harakaat

(Read 9770 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Obituary For Harakaat
     OP - April 20, 2012, 08:54 PM

RIP Harakaat.
  • Re: Harakaat: An Obit
     Reply #1 - April 20, 2012, 09:02 PM

I didn't know him well, but gasped at his poetry, marvelled at his intellect,
    and was deeply touched by his sensitivity.  Good night, sweet prince!

far away hug

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #2 - April 20, 2012, 09:06 PM

Jinn,

Can you shed some light on what drove our champ over the cliff? I was driven here by a message from another poster who thought I should drop by. Wasn't very specific.
     Reply #3 - April 20, 2012, 09:50 PM

dear MAB.. i have  no idea.  Its all speculation from those I have spoken with.
    nevertheless, our sweet prince will be missed.

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #4 - April 20, 2012, 10:15 PM

Reply #5 - April 20, 2012, 10:25 PM

I am madly and deeply in love with New Orleans!  Had to go for a medical procedure the other day
    and managed to get a couple of hours in cruising the quarter with my sister in the afternoon.

Yes, no doubt... ALM, Muddy, Hananni and myself, a true motley crew indeed! lol
    We had a wonderful time, and I enjoyed each of them and their special and unique
    qualities they brought with them. 

And I may be 52, but Muddy and Hanan can attest, that if I must, i CAN party with
    the best of them LOL.

Helen Keller
     Reply #6 - April 20, 2012, 10:33 PM

A well written eulogy MAB  Afro

Its sad to lose a bright mind like him.

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #7 - April 20, 2012, 11:07 PM

@ Jinn

Sorry to hear about the medical problem. Poor health is not the first trait I think of when I imagine a US marine who came of age in the Orient. Are you sure that it's not a marine biologist that you're after? Slippery words.

@ Cato

A bright star dims. Thing is, almost all bright youngsters flirt with ending it all at some point in adolescence.  Most grow out of this phase. Harakaat seems to have succumbed to a pretty bad case of weltschmerz. God rest his soul.
     Reply #8 - April 20, 2012, 11:15 PM

A very heartfelt remembrance, Bison.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #9 - April 20, 2012, 11:21 PM

Billy,

Just pouring out some liquor for the fallen. Will you pour with me old boy? 
     Reply #10 - April 20, 2012, 11:24 PM

Of course Bison, of course.

God is Love.

Reply #11 - April 20, 2012, 11:28 PM

i have some cognac ive been saving for new years eve.
    I will join both of you.

Helen Keller
     Reply #12 - April 21, 2012, 12:02 AM

Just pouring out some liquor for the fallen.

I think he would have liked that.

Prodigious, as Billy said. Astoundingly eloquent and with a range of knowledge (in many cultures) that seemed impossible for a 17 year-old to own.

Forgive me, but if appropriate, I would like to know how he died. It might make a little sense of the senselessness.
     Reply #13 - April 21, 2012, 12:22 AM

The truth is we don't know David. As allat said, "we do not know the details of how he died, but we are writing this after confirming that it has happened. As the situation is with the families of closeted ex-muslims, we don't expect to receive more details about how he died or what happened"

If any of the guys who were close to him find out what occurred I'm sure they'll inform us if they feel it is right to do so.

God is Love.

Reply #14 - April 21, 2012, 12:23 AM

Billy,

Just pouring out some liquor for the fallen. Will you pour with me old boy? 

I'll join you in that drink to my dear Harakat, Bison.
     Reply #15 - April 21, 2012, 12:27 AM

I'm having vodka tonic tonight, in memory of my fellow Vysotsky lover.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #16 - April 21, 2012, 12:38 AM

You're such a great writer Mount A Bison, excellent eulogy!

I'll join you in that drink to my dear Harakat, Bison.

I'll join you guys in that drink too, though I will be drinking orange juice since I don't drink alcohol or wine.
     Reply #17 - April 21, 2012, 05:55 AM

Jinn,

I see. Good to know the blind is leading the blind here. Prince Spinoza might know better than peasants like us given his closer relationship.

Eh, he was burdened with an old man's problems while he should have been busy being a kid. 17 year olds aren't supposed to be so thoughtful, youth isn't meant to contemplate the tragedy of life before the first act has ended. He never got a chance to spread his wings, that cage was all he knew, a million platitudes and a million more promises couldn't convince him of the skies out there. There are details, but I don't think most people here understand how strong our friendship had become over the past year, I can't mull over anything more without making it a personal indulgence. But know that he seemed very much at peace during his final goodbyes. I'm sure anger and sorrow at his death will overwhelm me again, but today I remember his life. No one can ignore his prodigious intelligence, his unwavering kindness - and how strange it feels to be able to say that truthfully in memoriam, for once it's not a hollow gesture - his insatiable curiosity and his depth of character. But it's the world that will miss those qualities, what I will personally miss is his endless ability to put a smile on my face even at those moments when nothing and no one could do the same for him. He gave more than he took, would that we were all so noble.
     Reply #18 - April 21, 2012, 06:09 AM

Eh, he was burdened with an old man's problems while he should have been busy being a kid. 17 year olds aren't supposed to be so thoughtful, youth isn't meant to contemplate the tragedy of life before the first act has ended. He never got a chance to spread his wings, that cage was all he knew, a million platitudes and a million more promises couldn't convince him of the skies out there. There are details, but I don't think most people here understand how strong our friendship had become over the past year, I can't mull over anything more without making it a personal indulgence. But know that he seemed very much at peace during his final goodbyes. I'm sure anger and sorrow at his death will overwhelm me again, but today I remember his life. No one can ignore his prodigious intelligence, his unwavering kindness - and how strange it feels to be able to say that truthfully in memoriam, for once it's not a hollow gesture - his insatiable curiosity and his depth of character. But it's the world that will miss those qualities, what I will personally miss is his endless ability to put a smile on my face even at those moments when nothing and no one could do the same for him. He gave more than he took, would that we were all so noble.

Possibly the most touching tribute to him. far away hug

Life is what happens to you while you're staring at your smartphone.

Eternal Sunshine of the Religionless Mind
     Reply #19 - April 21, 2012, 06:47 AM

Amen

At evening, casual flocks of pigeons make
    Ambiguous undulations as they sink,
    Downward to darkness, on extended wings. - Stevens
     Reply #20 - April 21, 2012, 06:55 AM

May your youthful soul rest in peace. Haraakat.

Edit:i had to edit this after realizing it was his choice and he did actually demands his right to be respected for making the choice that some of us disagree with including myself. So im paying my proper last respect to him in this forum.

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #21 - April 21, 2012, 08:08 AM

Thank you Prince and Bison. I was searching for words that would be the least bit fitting for the loss that has been inflicted on the world. But between you, you seem to have found them all.

I love you Harakaat, rest in peace buddy x

Hi
     Reply #22 - April 21, 2012, 02:52 PM

far away hug
     Reply #23 - April 21, 2012, 03:29 PM

Reply #24 - April 21, 2012, 03:32 PM

David,

Harakaat was a jovial spirit. I think he would have wanted us to linger on the bouyant side of his nature than his darker visions.

If it was my own obit, he would have exposed my unholy sins against decency and morality and humanity. He was a member of the Devil’s party, not the boy scouts. So let us remember his brighter days.

As a good humoured fella yourself with a sharp nose for the profane, you will understand the prohibition against long faces in this thread. 
     Reply #25 - April 21, 2012, 03:35 PM

Reply #26 - April 21, 2012, 03:36 PM

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

Prophet Muhammad said, "When a son of a servant of Allah dies, Allah Says to the angels, 'Have you taken the son of My servant?' They say, 'Yes.' Then Allah Says, 'Have you taken the fruit of his heart?' They say, 'Yes.' Allah Says, "What has My servant said?' They say, 'He has praised You and said, To Allah we belong and to Him is our return'. Then Allah Says, 'Build a house for My servant in Paradise and call it the house of praise.'

May Allah Bless Him....harakaat. Angelic

Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path). (al-Baqarah 2:18)
     Reply #27 - April 21, 2012, 03:40 PM

Reply #28 - April 21, 2012, 03:49 PM

Reply #29 - April 21, 2012, 03:49 PM

I saw him around the forum a couple of times. He was a very thoughtful and open minded person.

And he was only 17. It's said that left the world with the rest of his life ahead of him.  

Good bye Harakaat Nice knowing you. CEMB will never be the same without you

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »