Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: 'Coming Out' Success Stories

(Read 16227 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • 'Coming Out' Success Stories
     OP - April 19, 2012, 07:46 PM

I thought it would be nice to have a collection of all the success stories of the users on this forum who have come out about their apostasy, and now live free from the shackles of religion. Hopefully it will serve as a useful resource for those in similar situations wanting to break free from similar situations by providing advice, encouragement and the knowledge that this can be done.

There are a couple of users who have more than one thread related to their coming out, so I'll do my best to track down as much as I possibly can. If anyone else can help out then please post away, and I shall collect any posted links and put them all here.

belladonnasix
    TODO
    Today I learned..

Berberella
    My journey up from the abyss

Eliphaz
    Leaving Islam (My Story)

Hassan
    Abooali’s Blog (Hassan's Story)

Hananii
    Shall ii give my parents an ultimatum about moving out?
    Hananii's bio

ladyofshalott
    TODO

newsoul
    My journey to, through, and out the other side of Islam

PeruvianSkies
    Peruvian's most excellent adventure
    I'm an apostate, how do I tell my parents?

Rendevouz
    TODO

spiraldive
    the life of spiral dive

The Ass Patter
    TODO

This list is an ongoing effort as it is pretty time-consuming. Please contribute!!
  • Re: 'Coming Out' Success Stories
     Reply #1 - April 19, 2012, 08:13 PM

OUTSTANDING IDEA!  Have them all under ONE thread!

I second the motion!

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #2 - April 19, 2012, 08:15 PM

Yep, great idea, Peru. I was thinking just yesterday that we should make 1 thread with stories of all the regular members (those who've posted them) just to have 1 place from where all these stories can be reached. I've stickied this thread Afro

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #3 - April 19, 2012, 08:21 PM

Allat... how about an actual Listing under the forum tab, "success stories"?

Mods only moving them on there with no replies available?  Can always
    start new threads to discuss it further? or add later on to individuals'
    story?  is that too much work for you guys? LOL

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #4 - April 19, 2012, 08:44 PM

Some of these threads are still active, so I think it'd be good to leave them open to new comments.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #5 - April 19, 2012, 08:59 PM

Yup, we can do that one. The tab thing I mean.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #6 - April 19, 2012, 09:19 PM

Great idea Peru!  Smiley

Reply #7 - May 01, 2012, 11:54 AM

Yup, we can do that one. The tab thing I mean.

Is this actually going to happen? It sounds a bit messy as a lot of these threads tend to be ongoing, plus when you sometimes have more than one thread per issue, it makes it difficult to find the info that you want when it's all bundled (uncategorically) under one tab. Plus it's another maintenance hassle.

The list above is nice and simple, and can be eventually added to the currently forgotten about wiki!
     Reply #8 - November 05, 2013, 08:03 AM

These are brilliant. Bringing it back so the newer members can see them.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #9 - October 26, 2014, 07:25 PM

In one of my previous articles I wrote that I became an atheist. After sharing my article with
    friends at one of the atheist assemblies and discussing with them, I discovered that anti-theist
    might have been a better word to use. Before then I could not tell the difference between
    atheism and anti-theism. But having spoken to some experts, I made note of the differences and
    .categorize myself as a person who is more anti-theist than only atheist
    Christopher Hitchens said that a person "could be an atheist and wish that belief in god were
    correct", but that "an antitheist, a term I'm trying to get into circulation, is someone who is
    relieved that there's no evidence for such an assertion”. Perhaps Atheism and anti-theism
    occurred together in me that it's understandable if I failed to realize that there is a difference
    between them. I am not still able to measure the level of my anti-theism views however, I
    clearly believe that I am an atheist unconditionally who is often an anti-theist too. Atheism is
    simply the absence of belief in god that I totally feel whereas anti-theism is a conscious and
    deliberate opposition to theism that I also have most times. But some other atheists might not
    be anti-theists at all. It is said by Richard Dawkins that anti-theism requires more than either
    merely disbelieving in gods or even denying the existence of gods. Anti-theism requires a
    .couple of specific and additional beliefs
    I see myself as an anti-theist because I believe religions are harmful to me, to my soul, to my
    feelings, to human rights, harmful to society, to politics, to culture and nations. For an instance,
    it is deeply immoral to force a child to follow a certain religion and tell them if they do not do
    so, they will go to hell. Muslim children have been told by parents and society that the
    punishment of apostasy is death penalty. An atheist father would never persecute his children if
    they decided to choose their own religion. On the contrary, a Muslim father would be capable
    of killing his own children if they left Islam. This is what only religious people do to their children
    .and I found it deeply immoral, mental child abuse and utter disgrace
    I am more of an anti-theist than just an atheist because I am opposed most religious myths. For
    an instance I believe that it is a horrible idea to believe that we are born in sins and the only way
    that we can be redeeming in sins is through Jesus’ death. It is a horrifying idea that god couldn’t
    find a better way to forgive our sins instead of torturing an innocent person who is called to be
    his son ‘Jesus’. Perhaps most people think they need religion to be moral and be forgiven, but I
    .believe that religion and morality are separated
    It is unethical and wicked that unlike Western countries in Islamic countries there is no place for
    freedom of expression. In 1988 Rushdie published a book criticising Islam for having too many
    rules and seeking to control every aspect of life which is understandable. His book also
    attempted to investigate conflicts between religious and secular viewpoints. In return, in
    1989 Ruhollah Khomeini of Iran issued a fatwa ordering Muslims to kill Rushdie. Numerous
    killings, attempted killings, and bombings resulted from Muslim anger over the novel. The
    author went underground, living under police protection for almost 10 years and his Japanese
    translator was murdered. This fatwa was the opening shot in a war on cultural freedom which
    proved how irrational, immoral and close minded religious people could get. I am not able to
    comment on his book but if I can’t support Rushdie, I can’t support the fatwa either but it is
    outrageous to kill somebody for expressing their opinion. Especially when it came from a
    dictator whose country is suffering from corruption, high rate of death penalty, torture and
    .misery
    To conclude, I have no faith in any religions. Faith means believe in something without evidence
    and if you believe in something without evidence that could justify anything. You are no longer
    vulnerable to somebody coming to you and argue with you about your beliefs. If you have faith,
    you will not argue with them because you believe this is your faith, it is perfect and not
    .negotiable. This is scary...
     Reply #10 - August 16, 2023, 11:08 PM

Very nice idea!
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »