Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: New helpline for victims of Islamaphobia

(Read 3070 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • New helpline for victims of Islamaphobia
     OP - February 21, 2012, 08:28 AM

For those having been hurt by anti-muslim or racist bigots I hope this is of some comfort.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17063513

However it states that it is for people who belong to the muslim community who have suffered discrimination or intimidation.
    Surely that describes many on here? Perhaps some of you guys may like to phone that number and explain that due to having been born into a muslim family you have been persecuted for years, even had your lives threatened , then reveal who your persecutors have been.

The will keep breakdowns of Who is complaining about What perpetrated by Whom.  Smiley

Just a thought Smiley

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17063513

According to the polls only 1.6 % of Americans are athiests. So what gives you the right to call the other 80% morons?'
  • Re: New helpline for victims of Islamaphobia
     Reply #1 - February 21, 2012, 10:37 AM

Faith Matters were the authors of the report about converts to Islam, which received massive dawah-ganda attention across the media.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #2 - February 21, 2012, 10:39 AM

Then it's time they did a report about the number of people leaving Islam. What was the figure for converts in the US? 75% leaving after only a few years?

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #3 - February 21, 2012, 10:41 AM

They're big fans of Warsi:

“Faith Matters continues to counter extremism in communities and this includes militant secularism which can be and is taken to extremes"

Bingo ^^^

The speech has brought to the forefront the reality of an aggressive and organised campaign to depict those who believe in faith as somehow being irrational or unhinged and unworthy of even discussing issues of faith in the public sphere. Militant secularists have blamed geo-political issues on faith whilst simply focussing on a narrow anti-faith translation of social issues and not taking into account the myriad of other issues in countries and regions.

Commenting on the speech, the Director of Faith Matters, Fiyaz Mughal OBE, said:

“Our work is coming across an aggressive, well focussed and organised campaign by militant secularists who think that people of faith are somehow irrational or mal-adjusted and this is deeply problematic. The actions of such groups are increasingly pervasive and even militant given that they are not willing to listen or engage in debate on occasions where faith is discussed. They simply dismiss counter-views supporting faith in the public sphere by disengagement or worse still obfuscation.”

“Faith Matters continues to counter extremism in communities and this includes militant secularism which can be and is taken to extremes. All communities in the UK have a social responsibility to listen to the views of others, even though they may be diametrically opposed to them and this does not mean that we cannot have a rational debate on issues of faith. Secular militancy is as much a threat to our communities as is ignorance and fear since it causes division. That cannot be accepted.”

http://onecommunitymanyvoices.blogspot.com/2012/02/baroness-warsi-is-right.html

God is Love.

Reply #4 - February 21, 2012, 10:52 AM

If he wants a rational debate on faith, why is he freaking out and going for maximum FUD? Grin

Reply #5 - February 21, 2012, 10:58 AM

Here is the thing - anti Muslim bigotry is a reality. Campaigning for greater responsiveness to its criminal manifestations by agencies is a good thing, as it is for any kind of hate crime or bigotry.

Faith Matters however I think takes a campaigning stance in which 'secular extremism' is placed on a continuum with this, as if this concocted thing about hurting the feelings of the religious is a social evil on a par with any other kind of bigotry. That is their wider agenda.

This is what Warsi wanted. This is what her intention was - to provide ammunition for these defenders of faith. 'Anti faith bigotry' she called it in a previous speech. And they lap it up. This amorphous evil persecuting them. Why? Because anything that repudiates, confronts or denies the privelige they place on their faith is a social ill.

Their agenda is not entirely benign. They wish to insulate Islam beyond simply protecting Muslims from anti Muslim bigotry.

Their report on converts has to be seen in this light too. It was part of the dawah-ganda atmospherics that moves forward under the 'fighting prejudice' rubric - but contains its own prejudices, and marginalises and prejudices other narratives.

God is Love.

Reply #6 - February 21, 2012, 11:07 AM

Oh sure. I understand that. They're no exactly opaque, even if they would like to think they are. They're actually worse than what you suggest here:

Here is the thing - anti Muslim bigotry is a reality. Campaigning for greater responsiveness to its criminal manifestations by agencies is a good thing, as it is for any kind of hate crime or bigotry.

Faith Matters however I think takes a campaigning stance in which 'secular extremism' is placed on a continuum with this, as if this concocted thing about hurting the feelings of the religious is a social evil on a par with any other kind of bigotry.

What they are doing is deliberately using the term "extremism" in the full knowledge that it is automatically associated with violent terrorism in most people's minds. IOW, they are not comparing "secular extremism" to basic anti-Muslim bigotry. They are comparing it to the worst excesses of Muslim extremists.

Reply #7 - February 21, 2012, 11:26 AM

Yes - and I think that is exactly what Warsi intended.

God is Love.

Reply #8 - February 21, 2012, 11:28 AM

I'm quite sure it's what she intended, which says something about her personal standards.

Reply #9 - February 21, 2012, 12:03 PM

What is interesting is how she has followed this line from the constituency of an out of date Christian ascendancy school of British Conservatism, as opposed to those on the Left who leverage multicultural special privilege to do so. She's more or less failed, meeting hostility across the board, including from amongst Tories. Polly Toynbee pointed out that even practising Christians in the UK have a sophisticated approach to this with almost 80% of them believing in keeping religion out of public life.

Quite simply she's out of step, and if Cameron or others wanted her to be a stalking horse to see if this kind of rhetoric has any purchase, well, the horse just got put down and taken to the knackers yard.

God is Love.

Reply #10 - February 21, 2012, 12:17 PM

An amusing thought occurred to me. Can you imagine the reaction if secularists accused her, and those who approve of her, of "religious extremism"? grin12

That comparison shows the depths to which she has sunk with her tactics, and the idiocy of those who go along with her.

Reply #11 - February 21, 2012, 12:20 PM

As far as I can see, nobody has called her out yet properly - or pointed out that her 'miltant' rhetoric has roots in an impulse to Islam Protectionism.

God is Love.

Reply #12 - February 21, 2012, 01:33 PM

I don't see the harm in such a helpline personally, but I would like to see it expanded to include anyone who suffers from persecution/discrimination on the basis of their personal belief (or lack of).

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

What apple stores are like.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QmZWv-eBI
     Reply #13 - February 21, 2012, 02:46 PM

I think it would be mistaken to assume that Warsi has ever played the role of organ-grinder, rather than monkey. But that's me being cynical about how CCHQ works.

Meanwhile, from the National Secular Society:

Mr Pickles said today, as part of his new community cohesion strategy document, that: "A few people, a handful of activists, have insisted that it isn't enough simply to celebrate the beliefs of minority communities; they want to disown the traditions and heritage of the majority, including the A few people, a handful of activists, have insisted that it isn't enough simply to celebrate the beliefs".

"In recent years we've seen public bodies bending over backwards to translate documents up to and including their annual report into a variety of foreign languages.

"We've seen men and women disciplined for wearing modest symbols of Christian faith at work, and we've seen legal challenges to councils opening their proceedings with prayers, a tradition that goes back generations, brings comfort to many and hurts no one. This is the politics of division.

"Harriet Harman [deputy Labour leader and author of the Equalities Act] was leading the country down the wrong path. If we are to remain a country where people of different backgrounds feel at ease and get along, we need more confidence in our national traditions. We need to draw a line.

"Some see religion as a problem that needs to be solved. We see it as part of the solution."

Terry Sanderson, president of the National Secular Society, said:

"The Government seems to be trying the same tactics that are used by the Republican Party in the USA – the appropriation of religion for political purposes. But as all the latest research shows, large proportions of the population of this country are not Christian or religious at all and they simply cannot be suddenly forced to live under a semi-theocratic regime run by Christians. Mr Pickles is heading for big problems with this."

Oh, and these announcements were publicised mainly through the Daily Mail and the Daily Express.

Is it a coincidence that this might play very well with the mouth-breathing commentariat? Who knows.
     Reply #14 - February 21, 2012, 02:54 PM

Hi MK, welcome back. Stick around, kid.

"In battle, the well-honed spork is more dangerous than the mightiest sword" -- Sun Tzu
     Reply #15 - February 25, 2012, 02:09 PM

HI Raccoon , yeah been away  for a while trying to sort out big changes been going on in my life., but im good now Smiley when i got more time i'll  regale you all with the sordid details

According to the polls only 1.6 % of Americans are athiests. So what gives you the right to call the other 80% morons?'
     Reply #16 - February 25, 2012, 02:41 PM

HI Raccoon , yeah been away  for a while trying to sort out big changes been going on in my life., but im good now Smiley when i got more time i'll  regale you all with the sordid details

I am so glad to see you back Mutha Kuffar.,   Take it easy.. We got to take life as it comes and live life in its fullest extent ....

with best wsihes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #17 - February 25, 2012, 03:55 PM

Surely there should then also be a helpline for those of whom have left islam and have been discriminated and insulted?
     Reply #18 - February 25, 2012, 04:38 PM

Good to see you back Mutha Kuffar  Smiley

Reply #19 - February 25, 2012, 05:38 PM

Surely there should then also be a helpline for those of whom have left islam and have been discriminated and insulted?

We have an audio-visual-textual helpline for that.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #20 - April 13, 2012, 09:05 AM

ZOMG , that was the point I was making, why cant the above be that helpline? If you are from the  'muslim community ' and have been,lets say  threatened with death because of your beliefs ( or lack of them ) then I think they should hear from you and help you with that , and for your convo to be reported back here Smiley

Reply #21 - April 14, 2012, 02:51 AM

Are Muslims the new Jews?in Europe when it comes this kind of hate? Maybe they should get together and have some tea, for they share lots in commmon  cool2.

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »