Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Unbelief is one nation ("al-kufr milla wahida")

(Read 4480 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Unbelief is one nation ("al-kufr milla wahida")
     OP - April 04, 2012, 12:00 PM

Hi, I was wondering if there was a scriptural origin for the saying by Muhammad, "Unbelief is one nation," ("al-kufr millah wahida"), i.e. all non-Muslims are the same. I've come across it in books and articles here and there, and while it's obviously not from the qur'an, but it doesn't quite seem to be a hadith either.
  • Re: Unbelief is one nation ("al-kufr milla wahida")
     Reply #1 - April 04, 2012, 02:56 PM

Hi, I was wondering if there was a scriptural origin for the saying by Muhammad, "Unbelief is one nation," ("al-kufr millah wahida"), i.e. all non-Muslims are the same. I've come across it in books and articles here and there, and while it's obviously not from the qur'an, but it doesn't quite seem to be a hadith either.

Hello jiralnova .. that 2.256 is the one that comes to close what you are asking

002.256: There is no compulsion in religion; truly the right way has become clearly distinct from error; therefore, whoever disbelieves in the Shaitan and believes in Allah he indeed has laid hold on the firmest handle, which shall not break off, and Allah is Hearing, Knowing.

but there are number of verses  in Quran(and even in other religious scriptures)that puts all non-believers of Islam in to that hell hole all walls closed and fire every where until their skin dripping liquids as some people do  barbequing  to live species  ., Ha They do it in the 21st century..

Any way here are some of those verses...

[3.151] We will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve, because they set up with Allah that for which He has sent down no authority, and their abode is the fire, and evil is the abode of the unjust.

[4.89] They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah's way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper.

[5.33] The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His apostle and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement,

[8.12] When your Lord revealed to the angels: I am with you, therefore make firm those who believe. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them.

[8.39] And fight with them until there is no more persecution and religion should be only for Allah; but if they desist, then surely Allah sees what they do.

[9.5] So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

[9.29] Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Apostle have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.

[9.111] Surely Allah has bought of the believers their persons and their property for this, that they shall have the garden; they fight in Allah's way, so they slay and are slain; a promise which is binding on Him in the Taurat and the Injeel and the Quran; and who is more faithful to his covenant than Allah? Rejoice therefore in the pledge which you have made; and that is the mighty achievement

and welcome to CEMB., I am glad to read that comment of yours..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #2 - April 04, 2012, 04:12 PM

There is no hadeeth with that particular phrasing, but it is said to be inferred from:

"And those who disbelieved are allies of one another." 8:73

... and:

"And the Jews will not be pleased with thee, nor will the Christians, till thou follow their creed." 2:120

Note that the word used for "creed", "millah", is the same as the one used in the phrase you are asking about.

قل للمليحة في الخمار الأسود
    مـاذا فـعــلت بــناسـك مـتـعـبد

قـد كـان شـمّر لــلـصلاة ثـيابه
    حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

ردي عليـه صـلاتـه وصيـامــه
    لا تـقــتـلــيه بـحـق ديــن محمد
     Reply #3 - April 05, 2012, 11:28 AM

Thanks!
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »