Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Two former Muslims Discuss, Inspirational comments from a young brother.

(Read 3090 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Two former Muslims Discuss, Inspirational comments from a young brother.
     OP - March 27, 2012, 07:58 PM

Hey CEMB,

I wanted to share the story of this young kid who decided to leave Islam :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awoKiNkb0jU

Peace,

Farhan

youtube.com/user/orthodox786
  • Re: Two former Muslims Discuss, Inspirational comments from a young brother.
     Reply #1 - March 27, 2012, 08:11 PM

Very interesting. Two of the coolest dudes around today  Afro

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #2 - March 27, 2012, 09:48 PM

Good video, Farhan. Afro  Much kudos to you for the work you do to spread da luv 'n peace. parrot

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #3 - March 27, 2012, 09:53 PM

Great stuff Farhan, I always enjoy your debates and I'm sure I'll enjoy this when I watch it. I respect your work, keep it up and good luck.

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

What apple stores are like.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QmZWv-eBI
     Reply #4 - March 28, 2012, 12:13 AM

Good stuff Smiley

Reply #5 - March 28, 2012, 02:07 AM

Great story
     Reply #6 - March 28, 2012, 07:31 AM

gr8 dude Afro far away hug

Disbelief doesn't justify getting tortured in eternal hell
     Reply #7 - March 28, 2012, 02:15 PM

Farhan.... keep up the good work!  You truly are an
    amazing embassador for the kaffir! 

far away hug

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #8 - March 29, 2012, 07:28 PM

Thanks guys, I appreciate the support :-))

Reply #9 - March 29, 2012, 08:24 PM

It takes a lot of courage to do this. Do your parents accept your apostasy, or are they upset? Have you been disowned? I hope to come out too someday.
     Reply #10 - March 30, 2012, 12:56 AM

Hey Tmp, it was extremely difficult at first but over time they have to accept it ... they're your parents, if they don't, its not your fault, its theirs. But for me it got better and now they're accepting of it, the main thing you have to remember is not insult them.

Reply #11 - March 30, 2012, 02:08 AM

Hey Tmp, it was extremely difficult at first but over time they have to accept it ... they're your parents, if they don't, its not your fault, its theirs. But for me it got better and now they're accepting of it, the main thing you have to remember is not insult them.

Ok, thanks. Living a double life is not healthy but I like to avoid drama so I'll try to delay as much as I can.
     Reply #12 - March 30, 2012, 06:54 AM

If you don't mind me asking-I know it's a little aside from the thread. Your parents are Ahmadi, correct? Do you generally find the Ahmadi community more understanding/supportive of dissent and apostasy than the mainstream sunni community? I have heard that Muslim minority groups generally tend to be more open-minded and secular, but I'm not sure if this is applicable to all.

Thanks.

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

What apple stores are like.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QmZWv-eBI
     Reply #13 - March 31, 2012, 04:50 PM

Hey CEMB,

I wanted to share the story of this young kid who decided to leave Islam :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awoKiNkb0jU

Peace,

Farhan

Your friend is foolish and young to leave Islam for the things of this Dunya.

We have to provide him with the correct guidance. Allah save our Muslim youths!

[/end muslim]

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #14 - April 04, 2012, 04:43 AM

Nice video Farhan  Afro

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #15 - April 04, 2012, 05:18 PM

hmm it's abit peculiar that you've left islam but your still in too all the phantasmagorical kooky mumbo jumbo spiritual stuff.
     Reply #16 - April 04, 2012, 06:20 PM

Hinduism and buddhism are beautiful traditions? What do you mean with that, Farhan?

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
            Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

- John Keats
     Reply #17 - April 05, 2012, 03:16 AM

Serpent of Eden,

I'm only using my imagination when I think about the possibilities. I don't know or pretend to know what existence or what the ultimate reality behind our existence really is .... I did not convert to any religion, I am an agnostic and as far as I can see, I'm content with my agnosticism. No need to convert to a religion. BUT that doesn't mean I can't use my mind and imagination to think about possibilities.

Al Ma'ari,

The whole idea behind the Eastern traditions is introspection, reflection, contemplation and meditation to come to realizations such being one with the whole inter-dependent web of existence we call the Universe, and how to control your mind and your emotions/attachments and keep them in check. It also has a great mythology that teaches wise lessons, and the great thing about Hindus/Buddhists is that they acknowledge their mythology as mythology.

Sprout,

Ahmadis may be a liberal religion from the outside, but on this inside, atleast among the Pakistanis who have been Ahmadi for 5/6 generations, they treat apostasy from Ahmadiyya/Islam as extremely hurtful and and shocking. This is the case only when people leave the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, NOT Sunni Islam. Ahmadiyya is a very tight-knight organization ... alot like the Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons .... The good thing is that they don't teach death for apostasy!

Farhan

Reply #18 - April 05, 2012, 06:58 PM

@farhan

I think there's a tendency for people to miscategorise the luminous, radiant & relaxing feelings produced by the brain as 'SPIR-I-CHOOL'.

For example some muslims(even non muslims like liam neeson lol) label the soothing effects of the melody of the azaan/spoken quran as being something spiritual from allah  ......... someone on this site posted a vid a while back they made where they recited non-quranic arabic out loud in namaaz style and many muslims were actually like 'WOW THAT'S DIVINELY INLFUENCED BY ALLAH" 

have u read David Eagleman's book  - Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain ? i would recommend it Smiley
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »