Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Chatroom has been decomissioned

(Read 53479 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 ... 7 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Chatroom has been decomissioned
     Reply #60 - April 03, 2012, 01:02 AM

I think the staff don't/didn't realise how important chat was/is to some of us, I've bonded with people I can say I love now, hass and solara, clubs for example...and even prince who was my friend there for a long while, only through chat. Chat had a huge influence on my life, it isn't just for crazy talk, people can actually form close friendships, and it was a neutral starting point from which then can go to msn etc.

In any case it's gone now, and we'll deal with it.

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #61 - April 03, 2012, 01:03 AM

i don't think anyone can deny that chat has gotten people a lot closer to each other. it was a much tighter knit community, and the forum is just too impersonal to form the same quality of connections.

i agree with Q, the least the people responsible could've done is given prior notice.
     Reply #62 - April 03, 2012, 01:18 AM

So funny, I find chat gave me nothing but shallow connections where no deep conversations were had.

It was via pms that people bonded.

Something I can do on the forum just the same.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #63 - April 03, 2012, 01:19 AM

I think the staff don't/didn't realise how important chat was/is to some of us, I've bonded with people I can say I love now, hass and solara, clubs for example...and even prince who was my friend there for a long while, only through chat. Chat had a huge influence on my life, it isn't just for crazy talk, people can actually form close friendships, and it was a neutral starting point from which then can go to msn etc.

In any case it's gone now, and we'll deal with it.

I agree. But don't really care if chat is gone because the people I can keep in touch with the people I met on there by other means.

Anyway, the chat that Prince has set-up seems to be getting on well, as long as he appoints a female mod (he said he will) then I'm fine with using that once in a while.

EDIT: THIS IS MY 3000th post D:
     Reply #64 - April 03, 2012, 01:19 AM

Oh and stardust, we did realise.

We knew it was so important to some that they would go nuts about its disposal.

Which we were right about.

Reply #65 - April 03, 2012, 01:25 AM

Yeah well he and you and Maya sure made a big fuckin deal about him having the staff's unanimous approval. Now you wanna downplay it? Uh-uh buddy. Chat ain't comin back but I'm keepin you guys honest on this one. Basically a bunch of people (including thinkfree) who didn't use chat privately made a decision on the fate of chat and its users without giving the users any warning.

Yes that's true. We honestly made a decision on the fate of chat without giving users any warning.  

"The greatest general is not the one who can take the most cities or spill the most blood. The greatest general is the one who can take Heaven and Earth without waging the battle." ~ Sun Tzu

Reply #66 - April 03, 2012, 01:25 AM

Alright, enough fucking crying. There's a new chat room, it was linked earlier, I've put a link in my sig, and I suggest you all do the same. GET ON IT.
     Reply #67 - April 03, 2012, 01:26 AM

So funny, I find chat gave me nothing but shallow connections where no deep conversations were had.

It was via pms that people bonded.

Something I can do on the forum just the same.

And not everyone is you. This is the problem-- the decision to shut down chat was made by people who thought chat was useless and thus didn't really stop to think about the feelings of chat users other than, as you and os have said, their complaining.

Oh and stardust, we did realise.

We knew it was so important to some that they would go nuts about its disposal.

Which we were right about.

I'm not sure you were right on that, but even if you were it does not excuse how it went down. Just because the staff thinks doing something a certain way will cause less drama/headache for them doesn't make it right.

fuck you
     Reply #68 - April 03, 2012, 01:27 AM

Ok, you may have realised, but you clearly didn't empathize, and tbh it's way harder to go ahead and start PMing someone on the forums, compared to going into a main chat room, where you're in a 'common' room and can chat more freely than you can on forum threads. And it's the shared jokes etc on main chat that did help buffer things, and people tend to PM after chatting together on main chat a while.

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #69 - April 03, 2012, 01:28 AM

Yes that's true. We honestly made a decision on the fate of chat without giving users any warning.  

Which was intentional I gather from the conversation here.  All to spare the staff complaining from chat users-- God forbid.  Roll Eyes

fuck you
     Reply #70 - April 03, 2012, 01:31 AM

So many other decisions we undertake on the forum without running it by you, or the other users.

But of course this one is the one that takes the biscuit.

Reply #71 - April 03, 2012, 01:31 AM

I'm not trying to argue with anyone, I just want to understand it better/hope you see the Chat Users side of it a bit more.

Reply #72 - April 03, 2012, 01:32 AM

So many other decisions we undertake on the forum without running it by you, or the other users.

But of course this one is the one that takes the biscuit.

It wasn't right.

fuck you
     Reply #73 - April 03, 2012, 01:32 AM

Which was intentional I gather from the conversation here.  All to spare the staff complaining from chat users-- God forbid.  Roll Eyes

Wow.  Reading comprehension problems?  seriously?

how does = you whining now or in 7 days equal 'spare the staff the complaints'?

The complaints happen anyway, it spares us nothing to fucking do it now.  all it does is get the drama out of the way now, rather than in a week.

Reply #74 - April 03, 2012, 01:33 AM

RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH.

Can we not fall out over this stupid shit? Let's fucking move on.
     Reply #75 - April 03, 2012, 01:33 AM

It wasn't right.

so you keep saying.

Reply #76 - April 03, 2012, 01:40 AM

Wow.  Reading comprehension problems?  seriously?

how does = you whining now or in 7 days equal 'spare the staff the complaints'?

The complaints happen anyway, it spares us nothing to fucking do it now.  all it does is get the drama out of the way now, rather than in a week.

It's a fait accompli

No time for you to spend pages complaining at us before the execution either. dance

Hit 'em hard without warning. yes

My point to Maya stands-- we weren't given warning quite intentionally.

so you keep saying.

Yeah, cause no one wants to admit anything was done wrong.

Also, I see that shitbag thinkfree has changed his avatar presumably to piss me off, and may I say, mission accomplished. Why don't you answer my question, coward? That's alright, I already know the answer-- partly cause you know there's no good answer you can offer, and partly cause you're so fuckin arrogant you don't think you need to offer an answer to anyone about anything.

fuck you
     Reply #77 - April 03, 2012, 01:42 AM

*is still waiting for an explanation*
     Reply #78 - April 03, 2012, 01:45 AM

The explanation was given Prince-- it's all right there--

1. Chatroom became a liability to the forum, its staff and its owner

2. The decision was made to close it down without warning to or consultation of chat users.

The end.

fuck you
     Reply #79 - April 03, 2012, 01:46 AM

Sorry bit how does you quoting Os change what i said?

Do it 7 days = 7 days of pages and pages of complaining

do it now = who knows how many days of whining.

ergo still whining.

Hit em hard without warning does not mean save yourself from drama, it just means tackle it now rather than put it off for another day.

I love how you quote 1 staff, or talk about 1 staff, as opposed to realising that there is more than 1 staff member.

Quoting Os to me, does not somehow make me go "oh no, Os said that, therefore its as if I said that"   Roll Eyes

I voted NOW to get this drama over sooner.

If Os voted now because he thought it would spare him...........(I highly doubt that) then that is Os's mind, not mine.

Reply #80 - April 03, 2012, 01:47 AM

The explanation was given Prince-- it's all right there--

1. Chatroom became a liability to the forum, its staff and its owner

2. The decision was made to close it down without warning to or consultation of chat users.

The end.

damn skippy.

Reply #81 - April 03, 2012, 01:47 AM

*is still waiting for an explanation*

*still waiting for me to give a fuck.

Reply #82 - April 03, 2012, 01:49 AM

inna lillah... etc..

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #83 - April 03, 2012, 01:50 AM

Sorry bit how does you quoting Os change what i said?

Do it 7 days = 7 days of pages and pages of complaining

do it now = who knows how many days of whining.

ergo still whining.

Hit em hard without warning does not mean save yourself from drama, it just means tackle it now rather than put it off for another day.

I love how you quote 1 staff, or talk about 1 staff, as opposed to realising that there is more than 1 staff member.

Quoting Os to me, does not somehow make me go "oh no, Os said that, therefore its as if I said that"   Roll Eyes

I voted NOW to get this drama over sooner.

If Os voted now because he thought it would spare him...........(I highly doubt that) then that is Os's mind, not mine.

Looks like you replied before you saw the edit I made to my post-- look again. Point to Maya stands-- the lack of warning was completely intentional (and thus a big "fuck you" to chat users).

fuck you
     Reply #84 - April 03, 2012, 01:54 AM

My point to Maya stands-- we weren't given warning quite intentionally.

True. So, having taken the decision to close it down, how would you have done it differently Q-man and what do you consider it would have achieved when the outcome remained the same?

"The greatest general is not the one who can take the most cities or spill the most blood. The greatest general is the one who can take Heaven and Earth without waging the battle." ~ Sun Tzu

Reply #85 - April 03, 2012, 01:56 AM

*still waiting for me to give a fuck.

u so cool. i am in awe of the staffs powar and like, coolness. DONT GIVE NO FUCKS ABOUT THE LITTLE PEOPLE LOL
     Reply #86 - April 03, 2012, 01:58 AM

True. So, having taken the decision to close it down, how would you have done it differently Q-man and what do you consider it would have achieved when the outcome remained the same?

Removed the link, tell people thinkfree is planning on shutting it down and any objections should be directed to him.

fuck you
     Reply #87 - April 03, 2012, 01:59 AM

u so cool. i am in awe of the staffs powar and like, coolness. DONT GIVE NO FUCKS ABOUT THE LITTLE PEOPLE LOL

Roll Eyes 

Reply #88 - April 03, 2012, 02:00 AM

It would've allowed for some organization of transfer, new mod allocations etc even a day or twos notice would've been enough. It was instantaneous and unfair.

Reply #89 - April 03, 2012, 02:01 AM

Because that's coooooooooooooooooooooooooooool cool2
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 ... 7 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »