Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Male Relationships and Sex Thread

(Read 44882 times)
  • 12 3 ... 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Male Relationships and Sex Thread
     OP - April 01, 2012, 01:00 AM

Don't think we really have a positive thread about something like this, so thought I'd start one. In this thread, males offer their perspectives, experiences, and advice on relationships, sex, dating, etc. Also will be more interesting if people open up about some of their own stories of course.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Re: Male Relationships and Sex Thread
     Reply #1 - April 01, 2012, 01:04 AM

Overrated and unnecessary.

"I measured the skies, now the shadows I measure,
    Sky-bound was the mind, earth-bound the body rests."
    [Kepler's epitaph]
     Reply #2 - April 01, 2012, 01:32 AM

I'm horrible at relationships, but I think I can give you an advice or two, abjad. I think I should only have no strings attached sex with plethora of women and not tell anyone I love her and I want to see her again. I think that would make everyone happier in the long run. No, not in the long run, maybe a short to medium run... Then again I never tried this approach.

"That it is indeed the speech of an illustrious messenger" (The Koran 69:40)
     Reply #3 - April 01, 2012, 07:45 AM

*watches this thread to learn

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #4 - April 01, 2012, 07:48 AM

Never ever be afraid to go as far as love needs you to go.

At evening, casual flocks of pigeons make
    Ambiguous undulations as they sink,
    Downward to darkness, on extended wings. - Stevens
     Reply #5 - April 01, 2012, 08:55 AM

I like the whole 'wait for shit to happen to you and when it doesn't run home crying and eat ice cream' approach.

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

What apple stores are like.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QmZWv-eBI
     Reply #6 - April 01, 2012, 09:16 AM

Me too  Grin

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #7 - April 01, 2012, 09:33 AM

where's kodanshi ?,
    he's experienced in this.
    I'll watch and learn too.
     Reply #8 - April 01, 2012, 10:35 AM

Il write some stuff tomorrow, hopefully someone will write something aswell.
     Reply #9 - April 01, 2012, 01:44 PM

I'm bookmarking this thread

Reply #10 - April 01, 2012, 01:59 PM

Sex is over-rated. I don't know if it's because I've gotten a lot better at getting it when I want, or if I just expect too much of it, or if the load of anti-androgens I have to take everyday has killed it for me (most likely). It's fun, but I can think of far more enjoyable activities.

Relationships.... well, I'm sure every man here can sound as poignant as the next on this topic, but I'm also sure none of us have the first clue about them. Cheesy
     Reply #11 - April 01, 2012, 02:42 PM

Sex is over-rated. I don't know if it's because I've gotten a lot better at getting it when I want, or if I just expect too much of it, or if the load of anti-androgens I have to take everyday has killed it for me (most likely). It's fun, but I can think of far more enjoyable activities.

Relationships.... well, I'm sure every man here can sound as poignant as the next on this topic, but I'm also sure none of us have the first clue about them. Cheesy

Are you me?

"I measured the skies, now the shadows I measure,
    Sky-bound was the mind, earth-bound the body rests."
    [Kepler's epitaph]
     Reply #12 - April 01, 2012, 02:57 PM

At this stage of life that im in, Relationship is out of question,infact im not in the suitable state of mind to engage myself in one,also i havent found one that truly deserves my affection.

I have no advice to offer because the longest time i have spent in relationship is 6-8 months.

Im only for NST or Booty call.

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #13 - April 01, 2012, 03:18 PM

popcorn

Life is what happens to you while you're staring at your smartphone.

Eternal Sunshine of the Religionless Mind
     Reply #14 - April 01, 2012, 03:19 PM

At this stage of life that im in, Relationship is out of question,infact im not in the suitable state of mind to engage myself in one,also i havent found one that truly deserves my affection.

I have no advice to offer because the longest time i have spent in relationship is 6-8 months.

Im only for NST or Booty call.

Just as long as you are always upfront and honest about that BEFORE you have sex with them ^^ then enjoy yourself cato, ain't nothing wrong with it.  dance

That's the only part that really pisses me off about NSA sex, the lack of honesty about what it really is, and then acting surprised when she gets miffed, or he gets miffed, because you weren't honest.  Grin

You can still have plenty of sex and be honest at the same time, some guys don't realise that though, they do everything for the kill.

Reply #15 - April 01, 2012, 03:26 PM

or he gets miffed, because you weren't honest.  Grin

some guys don't realise that though, they do everything for the kill.

Grace Jones said it best.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykq0xN8Pl7M
     Reply #16 - April 01, 2012, 03:56 PM

Just as long as you are always upfront and honest about that BEFORE you have sex with them ^^ then enjoy yourself cato, ain't nothing wrong with it.  dance

That's the only part that really pisses me off about NSA sex, the lack of honesty about what it really is, and then acting surprised when she gets miffed, or he gets miffed, because you weren't honest.  Grin

You can still have plenty of sex and be honest at the same time, some guys don't realise that though, they do everything for the kill.

yes
    Yup, i have always been honest and upfront about it, naturally i find it unethical to woo a girl just to get into her pants and dump her., its not worth it, it makes me wonder how some guys go through all that difficulty to the point of humiliating themselves all in the name of wanting to get laid. I aint Casanova or Don Juan and i aint gonna try to be one.

On the other hand, its not that simple,thats why i go to clubbing and late night parties in college, its more easier since most of them came for. the obvious thing.

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #17 - April 01, 2012, 03:59 PM

Oh ma gawd! It's Good Guy Greg Cato!

I seriously don't understand how someone could be surprised though when a girl get's upset after being used by a guy like that (or vice versa). It's good that you're open about it.

Life is what happens to you while you're staring at your smartphone.

Eternal Sunshine of the Religionless Mind
     Reply #18 - April 01, 2012, 04:02 PM

grin12
    Yup, i have always been honest and upfront about it, naturally i find it unethical to woo a girl just to get into her pants and dump her., its not worth it, it makes me wonder how some guys go through all that difficulty to the point of humiliating themselves all in the name of wanting to get laid. I aint Casanova or Don Juan and i aint gonna try to be one.

On the other hand, its not that simple,thats why i go to clubbing and late night parties in college, its more easier since most of
    them came for. the obvious thing.

I think it is that simple though.  Really I do.

Like you said, wooing a girl to get into her pants is wrong, if she feels betrayed afterwards then don't act surprised.  But if you meet someone in a club, go home with them, have sex, and never mentioned "I'm not looking for a relationship" it doesn't matter, because she'd be an idiot to have slept with you in one night at a club, thinking it meant a relationship.

It's not even a case of a fine line, its simple.  If it takes you months to get into her pants and you don't tell her even once beforehand that you aren't looking for a relationship, then you are a douche.  Plain and simple. 

If you were very clear beforehand and she still gets twisted, then the onus is no longer on you.  You get to walk on without feeling like you did anything wrong. 

she doesn't just say it the best, she intimidates you enough to obey how she sees it.  Grin

Reply #19 - April 01, 2012, 05:40 PM

joking aside: defintely.. i have my eye on this thread too... i'm honestly curious about what goes through your minds... i promise not to interupt this thread.. and i promise not to judge .. but  honestly, this is a bit therapeutic for me (fit some pieces together to better understand my own experiences)..
     Reply #20 - April 01, 2012, 05:50 PM

i guess in a weird way .. i'm hoping this thread will restore my faith in men... no pressure!!

( grin12.. joking was not aside for that one.. )
     Reply #21 - April 01, 2012, 06:05 PM

If it takes you months to get into her pants and you don't tell her even once beforehand that you aren't looking for a relationship, then you are a douche.

It;s so hard to type now with tears in my eyes clouding my vision. Oh the pain! The pain in my jaw from laughing while rolling on the floor - you said months. Hilarious! It took me back to 16th century. Babe Berbs for JOTM award!!!

By the way sometimes it is not that simple, but of course I need to recuperate now from all the laughter before I can explain.

Reply #22 - April 01, 2012, 06:14 PM

It;s so hard to type now with tears in my eyes clouding my vision. Oh the pain! The pain in my jaw from laughing while rolling on the floor - you said months. Hilarious! It took me back to 16th century. Babe Berbs for JOTM award!!!

By the way sometimes it is not that simple, but of course I need to recuperate now from all the laughter before I can explain.

Douche.

So then I guess internet relationships are the 16th century, since the script can last months online.

Reply #23 - April 01, 2012, 06:23 PM

People have sex on the internet?

How does the anatomy of that work, exactly?  wacko

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #24 - April 01, 2012, 06:25 PM

Me too  Grin

Boooooooo...

I was expecting some war stories from you, in your always immaculate prose of course.  grin12

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #25 - April 01, 2012, 06:28 PM

People have sex on the internet?

How does the anatomy of that work, exactly?  wacko

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. 

Reply #26 - April 01, 2012, 06:31 PM

There is a significant power disparity between women and men when it comes to dating.

The best way for a girl to ascertain what it's like to be a guy is to turn into one.

It has been done and the results were quite interesting: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006/mar/18/gender.bookextracts

So as soon as we sat down, I picked out a couple of twentysomething women sitting at a table across the room. I gave them a few lingering looks to check their interest. I caught one woman's eye and held her gaze for a second, smiling. She returned the smile and looked away. This was signal enough for me, so I stood up, made my way over to their table and asked them whether they wanted to join us for a drink.

"No, thanks," one of them said, "we're on our way out in a minute."

Simple enough, right? A brush-off. No biggie. But as I turned away and slumped back across the room toward our table, I felt like the outcast kid in the lunchroom who trips and dumps his tray on the linoleum in front of the whole school.

"Rejection is a staple for guys," said Curtis, laughing as I crumpled into my seat with a humiliated sigh. "Get used to it."

Not only was dating one of the hardest of Ned's experiences, it was also the most fraught with deception. I decided I would out myself to anyone with whom I had more than a passing, unsuccessful, date or two. To most of the women I dated, even the odd date meant a lot, especially women who had been out roaming the singles scene for years in their mid-30s, trying to find a mate amid the serial daters.

For these women, men as a subspecies - not the particular men with whom they had been involved - were to blame for the wreck of a relationship and the psychic damage it had done them. It's hardly surprising, then, that in this atmosphere, as a single man dating women, I often felt attacked, judged, on the defensive.

The women I met wanted a man to be confident. They wanted in many ways to defer to him. I could feel that on many dates, the unspoken desire to be held up and led, whether in conversation or even in physical space, and at times it made me feel quite small in my costume, like a young man must feel when he's just coming of age and he's suddenly expected to carry the world under his arm like a football. And some women did find Ned too small physically to be attractive. They wanted someone, they said, who could pin them to the bed or, as one woman put it, "someone who can drive the bus". Ned was too willowy for that. I began to understand from the inside why Robert Crumb draws his women so big and his diminutive self begging at their heels or riding them around the room.

Yet as much as these women wanted a take-control man, at the same time they wanted a man who was vulnerable to them, a man who would show his colours and open his doors, someone expressive, intuitive, attuned. This I was in spades, and I always got points for it. But I began to feel very sympathetic toward heterosexual men - the pressure to be a world-bestriding colossus is an immensely heavy burden to bear, and trying to be a sensitive new age guy at the same time is pretty well impossible. Expectation, expectation, expectation was the leitmotif of Ned's dating life.

http://menletter.org/articles/Self-Made%20Man-March%202006.htm

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/22/books/review/22kamp.html?_r=1

This is "Ned" btw:
     Reply #27 - April 01, 2012, 06:35 PM

Douche.

OMG! I'm outraged! You sound like my ex-wife now. This is no way to flirt with me. I will take down my compliments for you on the picture thread!!!

But OK OK, I see how you could have gotten upset and you're here merely to observe and learn, so guy lesson of relationships #1:

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable. Experts have learned that by observing how couples argue one can predict with a good amount of certainty if the relationships will last. Guess what? - Name calling is not helpful!

So then I guess internet relationships are the 16th century, since the script can last months online.

Well, of course I meant that time starts from the moment you meet a person in person. That's when you know for sure (from a purely physical perspective at leas) if there's any chemistry and if you want to get the person in bed.
    And I have never met a girl who was willing to wait months.

Now I will admit that if I thought the girl was worth all that time, then when we finally got in bed sex would be hot as jahannam...

Reply #28 - April 01, 2012, 06:37 PM

That woman sure did a good job of making herself look hideous, that's for sure.  Cheesy

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #29 - April 01, 2012, 06:41 PM

I think it is that simple though.  Really I do.

Like you said, wooing a girl to get into her pants is wrong, if she feels betrayed afterwards then don't act surprised.  But if you meet someone in a club, go home with them, have sex, and never mentioned "I'm not looking for a relationship" it doesn't matter, because she'd be an idiot to have slept with you in one night at a club, thinking it meant a relationship.

I did had a problem with one girl a few years ago when we met at a club, i didnt woo or flatter her, i didnt tell her that i like her or want to be in a relationship.We just danced and then i asked her if she wants us to go get a room,which she consents and we had sex,immediately after that she thought we were in a relationship despite her telling me that she has a boyfriend whom she is fighting with at that time, it took me a second rendezvouz with her to realize that she was serious and i had to talk to her and tell her the truth which she didnt take very well.

• 12 3 ... 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »