Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Chat

(Read 10666 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Chat
     Reply #30 - April 01, 2012, 06:11 AM

dang you Aphrodite,
    drama queen. Tongue
     Reply #31 - April 01, 2012, 07:41 AM

.... examples?

I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to find a bit of 'sleaze' on the forum for every bit on chat. And I'm curious to know if you don't think something needs to be done about the treatment of noobs on the forum, I've wanted to bring it up for a while now.

If you give half the chatroom mod powers it's just going to turn into a king-of-the-hill piss-off. And then it really will be insanity.

An example of something that happens to a newb on chat that would never happen here?

How about a newb being threatened with a gun because she was mistaken for me?

How about female members having their first day on chat consist of "what cream is on your body right now" from users like black dick (who would you f'in believe it, was the offender on the cream night?  considering it was a female who was in a women's refuge on the night he sleazed on her, its no wonder there are complaints.

On the forum, newbs get called trolls, on chat newbs get sleazed out.

Even I have participated in the heckling of a newb on chat, on a night when I call myself "princes anus" or some stupidness like that.

As to the height of irony that someone like aphro would complain about sleaze...........that's actually pretty funny, it's like you are saying that girls who make sex jokes themselves should never complain about anything sexual in nature.  How is that any different to say a woman like me perhaps accusing someone of sexual harrassment?  would that be the height of irony too and should I shut up?  shall we slippery slope this whole premise to see how far it takes us.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #32 - April 01, 2012, 07:42 AM

Ooh, I remember her! I really miss her -- I liked her a lot.

قل للمليحة في الخمار الأسود
    مـاذا فـعــلت بــناسـك مـتـعـبد

قـد كـان شـمّر لــلـصلاة ثـيابه
    حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

ردي عليـه صـلاتـه وصيـامــه
    لا تـقــتـلــيه بـحـق ديــن محمد
     Reply #33 - April 01, 2012, 07:45 AM

Okay, to clarify the debate, could someone volunteer to draft a list of rules they think should be followed by people on chat? Then we can discuss that.

قل للمليحة في الخمار الأسود
    مـاذا فـعــلت بــناسـك مـتـعـبد

قـد كـان شـمّر لــلـصلاة ثـيابه
    حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

ردي عليـه صـلاتـه وصيـامــه
    لا تـقــتـلــيه بـحـق ديــن محمد
     Reply #34 - April 01, 2012, 07:50 AM

TBH Chat is a free for all at times, with easy handed moderating.  I can't think of set rules for that place. 

All I think is that there should be more mods than 3 men, 2 female mods would at least ensure that the place was regularly watched, and I truly believe that a female mod on there would give female members on there a person they felt they could approach.

We are many of all sex crazy sleazers most of the time, but a female might be faster at recognising when another female is becoming uncomfortable with the level of it.

I can tell you that if I felt uncomfortable with men on a chat room, especially if male mods were around at the time that the sleaze was getting too much, I would prefer to approach a woman about my complaint.

If you look at the male chat user reactions to this thread and aphro's complaint, its easy to understand why this would be the case.

Reply #35 - April 01, 2012, 08:24 AM

I dont want to bring this out but i have to,my only problem with this and hence why i posted in this thread, is that we were just talking about female celebrities and to be specific i said "Coco's ass makes me want to fap" then she called me "shithead" for saying that.

What am i missing here? does it make me a pervert to be talking  about celebrities ass and boobs which has nothing to do with her or any female on the chat?

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #36 - April 01, 2012, 08:29 AM

I'm sure that's not the ONLY reason cato. 

Maybe you just feel targeted because you were using chat at the time that this complaint came up.

Reply #37 - April 01, 2012, 08:33 AM

Or maybe this is an april fools joke, the IP addresses viewing this thread certainly make me wonder about it's legitimacy right now.

Reply #38 - April 01, 2012, 08:45 AM

Although i agree things do get out of control to the point of irritation in the chat room.i suggest they should appoint female mod or two to balance things up. Someone tactful enough to address the males that cross the line.

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #39 - April 01, 2012, 11:52 AM

An example of something that happens to a newb on chat that would never happen here?

'Threatened with a gun? Well that's a misleading report if ever there was one Cheesy. IIRC no one threatened her with a gun and you would have to be pretty fucking stupid to think someone would actually shoot themselves for a trivial thing in a chatroom. And if i further recall, that particular member was attacking people within a minute of joining the chan, continually took offence over non-existent slights on the forum and finally disappeared after you smited her for responding to a tongue smiley with a demand for someone to kill themselves and their father.

How about female members having their first day on chat consist of "what cream is on your body right now" from users like black dick (who would you f'in believe it, was the offender on the cream night?  considering it was a female who was in a women's refuge on the night he sleazed on her, its no wonder there are complaints.

Ok, I seriously have no recollection of this whatsover, so I can't comment on the legitimacy or context of it, but I will say that I do recall one incident months and months ago where I may have made a regular female member of chat feel uncomfortable with sleaze, so I don't begrudge you pointing the finger at me, I have no defence (for what it's worth though, I apologised unprompted, was told no offence was taken and made an, I think successful, effort not to do that again). But again I don't think that sort of sleaze is any more prevalent than it is on the forum.

On the forum, newbs get called trolls, on chat newbs get sleazed out.

One incident does not make a trend, the vast majority of non-trolls, especially muslim noobs who wouldn't be given a chance to sit down on the forum, are treated more than amicably, and engaged far better than they are on the forum.

Even I have participated in the heckling of a newb on chat, on a night when I call myself "princes anus" or some stupidness like that.

As opposed to being allowed to change your name to 'dick hymen' for weeks/months on here, admin-sanctioned no less?

As to the height of irony that someone like aphro would complain about sleaze...........that's actually pretty funny, it's like you are saying that girls who make sex jokes themselves should never complain about anything sexual in nature.  How is that any different to say a woman like me perhaps accusing someone of sexual harrassment?  would that be the height of irony too and should I shut up?  shall we slippery slope this whole premise to see how far it takes us.

This is so far beyond retarded I don't even know where to start. Well firstly, I didn't, nor did anyone else, say 'someone like aphro', I said aphrodite. Your attempt to make this seem like an attack on any group of people rather a particular person is what's funny. Secondly, and please explain to me how you've managed this piece of brain-dead fuckery, despite everyone else clearly understanding it was ironic because a serial offender was complaining about the offence, you've somehow extrapolated that to include her gender, and insinuated that I was some sort of sexist, just because you can't see beyond her vagina, when there is no possible way I could make the particular point I did to a male or female with any less reference to gender than I did. But hey, if you want to be belittle actual sexism with crap like this, you have fun.
     Reply #40 - April 01, 2012, 12:05 PM

'Threatened with a gun? Well that's a misleading report if ever there was one Cheesy. IIRC no one threatened her with a gun and you would have to be pretty fucking stupid to think someone would actually shoot themselves for a trivial thing in a chatroom. And if i further recall, that particular member was attacking people within a minute of joining the chan, continually took offence over non-existent slights on the forum and finally disappeared after you smited her for responding to a tongue smiley with a demand for someone to kill themselves and their father.

To be honest I don't even remember the girl beyond that one incident, but whether she was directly threatened with a gun, or told a member would "kill themselves" with his gun, if she didn't confess to being me, a gun was still involved and that is still threatening and intimidating behaviour.

She may have gone on to be a twat, but that incident still stands out.

Ok, I seriously have no recollection of this whatsover, so I can't comment on the legitimacy or context of it, but I will say that I do recall one incident months and months ago where I may have made a regular female member of chat feel uncomfortable with sleaze, so I don't begrudge you pointing the finger at me, I have no defence (for what it's worth though, I apologised unprompted, was told no offence was taken and made an, I think successful, effort not to do that again). But again I don't think that sort of sleaze is any more prevalent than it is on the forum.

It's not you I was referring to as it happens, and I can comment on its legitimacy, especially since it was a friend of mine.

I don't see you as sleazy, I'm sure you can be, we all can be, but I haven't see you go after a newb before.  You are actually far more welcoming up there, and when I was going after newbs, you would ensure they were taken seriously.

So cool defence, but ultimately not needed. 

One incident does not make a trend, the vast majority of non-trolls, especially muslim noobs who wouldn't be given a chance to sit down on the forum, are treated more than amicably, and engaged far better than they are on the forum. 

Not from what I remember.  Which member was it who had his IP address hidden, was harangued and harrassed over it?

How is that any better than how we treat our suspected trolls?

As opposed to being allowed to change your name to 'dick hymen' for weeks/months on here, admin-sanctioned no less?

When has my name on here been dick hymen?

This is so far beyond retarded I don't even know where to start. Well firstly, I didn't, nor did anyone else, say 'someone like aphro', I said aphrodite. Your attempt to make this seem like an attack on any group of people rather a particular person is what's funny. Secondly, and please explain to me how you've managed this piece of brain-dead fuckery, despite everyone else clearly understanding it was ironic because a serial offender was complaining about the offence, you've somehow extrapolated that to include her gender, and insinuated that I was some sort of sexist, just because you can't see beyond her vagina, when there is no possible way I could make the particular point I did to a male or female with any less reference to gender than I did.

Perhaps you shouldn't have started then, since you belief my comment was retarded means you went on to sound certainly no less retarded yourself.

This is not a gender comment, I would repeat to you "how did you manage to get that piece of brain dead fuckery out of you" to suggest I don't believe a man can also be sleazed out even when he is sleazy himself?

Anti feminist defence mechanism?

My statement stands, her being a big offender, does not make her complaint any less valid.

A gay slut who (<<see a man) who complains of being sexually harrasses is not any less a victim just because in the rest of his life, he is a male fucking slut.

Reply #41 - April 01, 2012, 12:20 PM

Not from what I remember.  Which member was it who had his IP address hidden, was harangued and harrassed over it?

It was the self-confessed muslim guy who never spoke but was constantly logged in at all times and responded with being told to either engage or stop creeping anonymously in a chatroom made for ex-muslims to speak comfortably, with a threat of making a never-ending stream of IPs for chat if disciplined.

When has my name on here been dick hymen?

I wasn't referring to you.

Perhaps you shouldn't have started then, since you belief my comment was retarded means you went on to sound certainly no less retarded yourself.

This is not a gender comment, I would repeat to you "how did you manage to get that piece of brain dead fuckery out of you" to suggest I don't believe a man can also be sleazed out even when he is sleazy himself?

Anti feminist defence mechanism?

My statement stands, her being a big offender, does not make her complaint any less valid.

A gay slut who (<<see a man) who complains of being sexually harrasses is not any less a victim just because in the rest of his life, he is a male fucking slut.

Which would be an excellent point if anyone had said differently. But you specifically cited her gender as the reason why people called her out on this thread, "it's like you are saying that girls who make sex jokes themselves should never complain about anything sexual in nature", when no one even hinted at it being an issue.
     Reply #42 - April 01, 2012, 12:40 PM

berbs, i agree with you 100%.

to clarify, i'm not laughing at her because she's a girl who's sexually open. on the contrary, i'm laughing because she has an attitude towards sex that is at times patriarchal and makes people uncomfortable. and when i confront her about it, she tells me to take a chill pill and get a sense of humour. so for her to come complaining about being made uncomfortable, that's just rich.
     Reply #43 - April 01, 2012, 12:43 PM

My mistake.

"its like you are saying people......."

Which you were hinting at.  You, abood, and Naija who laughed in agreement.

I just read the chat logs for the incident in question, and I can see aphro's point.

When she left she wasn't even taken seriously and the whole thing became a joke.

If it was just her complaint............but it isn't.  It is a series of complaints, almost exclusively from female members.  The fact that you guys are still finding it funny says a lot about what we can complain about and what we can't.

There wasn't even one serious comment about "maybe we should consider at the least whether we are overly objectifyin women to boobs and asses alone"..........instead it was just yet more jokes about her mood and yet more name changings to "captainpervert" and "the rapist".

Reply #44 - April 01, 2012, 12:46 PM

to clarify, i'm not laughing at her because she's a girl who's sexually open. on the contrary, i'm laughing because she has an attitude towards sex that is at times patriarchal and makes people uncomfortable. and when i confront her about it, she tells me to take a chill pill and get a sense of humour. so for her to come complaining about being made uncomfortable, that's just rich.

I have been guilty of that myself, many times.  Especially in chat.

However I have not used chat in a very long time, and not just because of the company (as some might believe), and if I, one of the biggest sleaze females in the history of CEMB find chat too sleazy, I think that kind of says something.  Grin

I get how it appears coming from aphro, because I know how I sound when I make the same complaint, and yet I believe my complaint is still valid.

Reply #45 - April 01, 2012, 12:52 PM

Ok, I concede. Most guys aren't brilliant at empathising with a woman's possible discomfort at sexual references. The chatroom and the forum at times can resemble a frat-party (it's the internet), but the lady-mods do a decent job of reigning it in on here and the chatroom should have a female mod.

But come on, captainpervert is hilarious. Cheesy
     Reply #46 - April 01, 2012, 01:02 PM

Personally after noting what the conversation was about  I would have just logged out and left them to their sleaze rather than comment on it and invite an attack!   whistling2

"The greatest general is not the one who can take the most cities or spill the most blood. The greatest general is the one who can take Heaven and Earth without waging the battle." ~ Sun Tzu

Reply #47 - April 01, 2012, 01:04 PM

i wasn't in the chatroom, so i wouldn't know. but i'm not surprised, what you say is something very common among guys, and they tend to not be conscious of how it affects girls around them.

so yeh, her experience  isn't invalid, but if she wants to point it out, she needs to look at herself first and ask herself why she expects to be taken seriously when she doesn't take seriously the same thing she's about to point out.
     Reply #48 - April 01, 2012, 01:06 PM

FWIW I reckon Solara and Aphrodite would be good choices.

Tbh, I wouldn't be a good mod, I'd just use it to settle personal disputes. Besides I'm rarely on there nowadays, only use it a few times a week.

Roll Eyes
    Considering aphrodite is one of the worst offenders when it comes to perverted spam on the chat room, this is pretty ironic.

When was the last time I was on chat long enough to spam with trivial sex talk? I did a few days talk about a guy fucking a donkey and toor made a few jokes about it, I don't have a problem with that.

I'd also add that I don't think Solara would make a good mod, much as I love her, she doesn't have a stern bone in her body. XD Apart from the occasional banning of persistent trolls, there really isn't much to moderate anyway.

I'm sure she's more than capable of pressing a few buttons to ban someone. Stop assuming everyone is as spineless as you.

Well, I'd permaban you, for starters. Wink

That's why I don't think I'd be a good mod, I'd ban him and a few others straight away Tongue.  
     Reply #49 - April 01, 2012, 01:13 PM

There's a difference between talking about sex with someone in private and having to read sleazy talk on a  public chat room. Perhaps they should take their convos to a more private place, its not hard PMing someone on chat ffs.
     Reply #50 - April 01, 2012, 01:28 PM

i find that being made uncomfortable and not being taken seriously in a private chat can be worse than in a public chat. at least in a public chat you can just leave. maybe i should just start ignoring you. Smiley
     Reply #51 - April 01, 2012, 01:35 PM

How have I made you feel uncomfortable? And if I did, you've never mentioned it. Ignore me, idc.
     Reply #52 - April 01, 2012, 01:36 PM

you know what your problem is? you often say things you don't mean, then expect to be taken seriously.
     Reply #53 - April 01, 2012, 01:40 PM

This is like a muslim or religious household where talking about sex is forbidden

Besides what does sleaze actually mean aside from "Immoral or Dishonesty"?

Reply #54 - April 01, 2012, 01:50 PM

Well I think it's not so much sexual content as the intimidation, I mean I've never been a woman but I suspect it would be more uncomfortable being alone with a bunch of sexually-repressed males reducing a conversation to women's bodies, than the converse.  Berbs is probably rrr.... riii. rrriii.... not wrong (im sorry, i can't get the word out), her last few posts made me take a long hard look at myself and it wasn't a pretty sight. Grin So I apologise for the personal insults, I just get a little touchy when someone accuses me of being sexist, as I do make a concious effort to rid myself of my remaining prejudices.
     Reply #55 - April 01, 2012, 01:51 PM

This is like a muslim or religious household where talking about sex is forbidden 

Wait, what?

Who on earth is telling you not to talk about sex?  don;t you think the 'muslim' comparison is over the top?

Besides what does sleaze actually mean aside from "Immoral or Dishonesty"?

Is that the context you are using it in?

Because this is the conext I am using it under:

sleazy - morally degraded; "a seedy district"; "the seamy side of life"; "sleazy characters hanging around casinos"; "sleazy storefronts with...dirt on the walls"- Seattle Weekly; "the sordid details of his orgies stank under his very nostrils"- James Joyce; "the squalid atmosphere of intrigue and betrayal"

^^ for me sleazy is when all that is cared about is shadier part of sexual interaction.

If a guy is sleazy in my eyes, its because all he does is objectify women he sees, even when the context is quite lecherous.  So for instance a man posting a pic of someone who only just hit puberty, or is clearly still in puberty with the comment like "mmm, milk does the body good"..........that is sleazy.

Or if every single female he posts about is accompanied with "I would give her my dick"  "I would bang her so hard"

That's when you finally see the sexual ethics behind the person.

There is nothing wrong with sex, nothing wrong with talking about it, nothing wrong with joking about it, nothing wrong with fucking talking about the chicks you want to slip your dick into, but as with all things, MODERATION is better.

Which is rich coming from me, I know I know, doesn't mean I don't see that it is wrong sometimes.  And I don't generally post pics of guys and talk about them as pieces of meat that I would 'give my dick too'. 

I do it sometimes (or at least I think I do....consider this my disclaimer against someone saying but berbs look at what you said) but at the level it happens on chat towards females? lol no way.  That's when it gets sleazy.

Reply #56 - April 01, 2012, 01:58 PM

I don't really want to get involved in the discussion, I was just asked to post this.
       BlackDog here aka CaptainPervert. Thanks Berbs for calling me out and not giving me a chance to explain myself. Seeing how I am banned by the admins I had to resort to making a sock account. That didn’t work either. IP ban, really?

So I had to pass on my comment. Don’t kill the messenger plz.

1. Seeing Berbs' comments jogged my memory and I do recall making that comment or a comment like it.

2. It was within the context of a free milieu where most of the chat at the time was engaged in jokes of a sexual nature. In other words it didn't come out of the blue. Not saying that makes it right.  

3. How the fuck am I supposed to know where someone is at in their life on the internet? Are you fucking serious? In a chat room nonetheless.

4. This person never told me they were offended at the time and wasn't complaining in the chat room.

5. Who the fuck recommends that chat room to someone that is in a woman's shelter? Knowing what the chat room can be like at times? Especially if they are more sensitive and haven't been there enough to adapt?  

In conclusion I want to apologize to that female for making that offhanded comment. I wasn't looking to offend you. My jokes by nature tend to be brazen and sexually explicit. It wasn’t at all personal.

In relation to this discussion I have a few things to say.

1. Female mods is a good idea. Aphrodite is not the idea of a good mod.

2. Regulars at the chat should discuss rules and behavior. This does include Aphrodite.

3. The chat can get a bit heated. And no the chat convo in question does not count.

I find it curious that you Berbs is taking on the cause of noobs like some some bleeding Internet martyr.

(Clicky for piccy!)

While we are musing on the past let me bring up a joke (which I did find funny but someone else born with an unfortunate comedic impairment might have been quite insulted). And it doesn’t take great leaps of imagination to picture the reactions had this been me (or any other guy) making the joke for a group of females. Aphro asked me who I would bugger if I was forced to choose? Q-Man or Thinkfree?

I am pretty sure I have never gone that far.

Also degrading shallow, sleazy aimless sex talk as just shallow, sleazy, aimless sex talk is a personal insult.

So in relation to that joke and every other joke that Aphro and the rest of us have made I conclude:

Tits or GTFO

P.S.
        If you must know, I chose Thinkfree. I was deliberating when Q-Man begged me not to choose him… It made Thinkfree quite happy.

Reply #57 - April 01, 2012, 01:59 PM

It's not too bad generally tbh, depends on what male members are on chat, and how many and compared to how many female members are on there at that time.

I don't think the guys purposefully want to make the girls uncomfortable, unless it's a lightly and joking, think they just end up seeing it as an all men club sometimes.

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #58 - April 01, 2012, 02:01 PM

Well I think it's not so much sexual content as the intimidation, I mean I've never been a woman but I suspect it would be more uncomfortable being alone with a bunch of sexually-repressed males reducing a conversation to women's bodies, than the converse. Berbs is probably rrr.... riii. rrriii.... not wrong (im sorry, i can't get the word out), her last few posts made me take a long hard look at myself and it wasn't a pretty sight. Grin So I apologise for the personal insults, I just get a little touchy when someone accuses me of being sexist, as I do make a concious effort to rid myself of my remaining prejudices.

You get it.   yes

It can get a bit much, and very uncomfortable.

I think when you add that, to the general feeling of constantly being shown where you as a female don't measure up (with big booty or massive boobs) as you watch man after man go sex crazy for an ideal that pisses you off, it really spirals into a place where intimidation and self esteem issues can flare up even higher than before.  Also if you speak out you get laughed at.  Sometimes it felt like if I was too feminist to enjoy a joke about banging chicks, then I am a terrible terrible person just trying to ruin everyones fun.  (see cato's post for an example)

Hence my outright ban for myself on chat.  Here I can float over to many different threads to get away from things I find unfomfortable.  It is true any chat user is welcome to log off and come to the forum to get away from it.  Chat is like one long thread that offers only pm as an alternative.  But i guess many people prefer the chat medium, and don't want to have to escape to the slower pace of the forum just to get away from all of that when they are having the sort of day where they find it harder to handle.

This is pretty much how I felt when abood pointed out the penis competition thread.  It made me take a look at myself and I withdrew from being on the panel, and like all the joking on chat when aphro left, I too joked about his complaint, when in reality it was very valid.  I just shot it down because it called into question my own behaviour.  Although still, that was a thread you could escape from, and did not have to particpate in if you didn't want, without having to leave the forum to get away from it.

Had the winning penises been posted on the forum, intimidation and self esteem issues for men would have been the result, just like how it feels to be a woman on chat sometimes.

Reply #59 - April 01, 2012, 02:05 PM

I don't really want to get involved in the discussion, I was just asked to post this.

The biggest offender would have the lamest reaction.

Any staff member (including thinkfree) will tell you that I have had an issue with chat for a very very long time now.  I am not taking up this cause (as I know he probably thinks this is personal) and have been the biggest voice against it.

I have had to deal with complaints about sleaze.

I'm not a martyr, I am an admin.   Wink

• Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »