Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 14, 2024, 05:54 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Chat

(Read 10655 times)
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Chat
     OP - March 31, 2012, 11:24 PM

I was wondering if someone could do something about chat? I just spent 10 minutes on there and its full of horny, perverted tossers who can't get laid so they just spam chat with their shallow talk about arses and women. I felt rather intimidated on there, esp when someone threatened to wank off to my pic  finmad   The chat mods are usually afk, even if they were active they're no different (apart from toor) Chat has always been full of scum but nowadays its just disgusting :( ITS FUCKING ANNOYING!

And no this isn't a rant or spam, I'm being serious here -_-
  • Re: Chat
     Reply #1 - March 31, 2012, 11:37 PM

This isn't april fools either, chat is supposed to be for all. What if a newbie ex-muslimah comes on who's still rather prudish? Or a questioning muslim and all they see is a chat room full of nonsense. I think its time to have a female chat mod, I nominate Solara. She's on there almost daily, shes mature and I trust her.
     Reply #2 - March 31, 2012, 11:45 PM

It's nothing new afaik, just was a lot of guys on chat just then so it amplified. Converstations on chat always tend towards a topic of sex

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #3 - March 31, 2012, 11:57 PM

I was wondering if someone could do something about chat? I just spent 10 minutes on there and its full of horny, perverted tossers who can't get laid so they just spam chat with their shallow talk about arses and women. I felt rather intimidated on there, esp when someone threatened to wank off to my pic  finmad   The chat mods are usually afk, even if they were active they're no different (apart from toor) Chat has always been full of scum but nowadays its just disgusting :( ITS FUCKING ANNOYING!

This isn't april fools either, chat is supposed to be for all. What if a newbie ex-muslimah comes on who's still rather prudish? Or a questioning muslim and all they see is a chat room full of nonsense. I think its time to have a female chat mod, I nominate Solara. She's on there almost daily, shes mature and I trust her.

It's nothing new afaik, just was a lot of guys on chat just then so it amplified. Converstations on chat always tend towards a topic of sex

And that is a CHAT ROOM for CEMb folks??  if it is then   that is very unfortunate.....

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #4 - April 01, 2012, 01:23 AM

There are a few bad apples on chat, but in my experience its a very good natured environment and it's especially welcoming and nonthreatening towards noobs. It's impossible for the mods to be on there 24/7 though, but certainly I think a better job can be done policing serial offenders.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #5 - April 01, 2012, 02:05 AM

I was wondering if someone could do something about chat? I just spent 10 minutes on there and its full of horny, perverted tossers who can't get laid so they just spam chat with their shallow talk about arses and women. I felt rather intimidated on there, esp when someone threatened to wank off to my pic  finmad   The chat mods are usually afk, even if they were active they're no different (apart from toor) Chat has always been full of scum but nowadays its just disgusting :( ITS FUCKING ANNOYING!

Oops! Sorry!  Embarrassed

Yep yep! Solara for mod!  dance
     Reply #6 - April 01, 2012, 03:11 AM

I agree, we really could use more mods, especially with people the likes of FreeSoul coming in all the time.

I'd be willing to help out, if you guys think I'd be good for it. Smiley

Life is what happens to you while you're staring at your smartphone.

Eternal Sunshine of the Religionless Mind
     Reply #7 - April 01, 2012, 03:20 AM

There are a few bad apples on chat, but in my experience its a very good natured environment and it's especially welcoming and nonthreatening towards noobs. It's impossible for the mods to be on there 24/7 though, but certainly I think a better job can be done policing serial offenders.

The point is that the chat room is not especially welcoming and non-threatening towards noobs, or at least not if they happen to be female. We've had complaints about it before. It's precisely because of this sort of complaint that the link to the chat room is not visible if you're not logged in as a member here. The bloody place was getting to be an embarrassment.

The forum staff don't run the chat. If it needs more active mods then talk to Thinky. He's the channel's head honcho. I'm sure he'll be happy to appoint some good mods if he's made aware that they're necessary. He's very busy IRL and probably misses a lot of the crap.

FWIW I reckon Solara and Aphrodite would be good choices.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #8 - April 01, 2012, 03:30 AM

Roll Eyes

Considering aphrodite is one of the worst offenders when it comes to perverted spam on the chat room, this is pretty ironic. But I'd say it's no worse than the forum in general for perversion. And I certainly think it's far more welcoming and engaging to noobs than the forum is, where everyone is a troll before they've gotten a word out. (Although I've not really paid attention to the chat for a few months now, so I'm not sure how its been going lately.)

I'd also add that I don't think Solara would make a good mod, much as I love her, she doesn't have a stern bone in her body. XD Apart from the occasional banning of persistent trolls, there really isn't much to moderate anyway.
     Reply #9 - April 01, 2012, 03:32 AM

I can be stern if I need to. cool2

But I think we need at least one more mod, me or not.

Reply #10 - April 01, 2012, 03:35 AM

For what exactly, freckly?
     Reply #11 - April 01, 2012, 03:35 AM

Well, I'd permaban you, for starters. Wink

Reply #12 - April 01, 2012, 03:36 AM

ok so how about anyone who wants to be mod there SEND THE FORUM ADMINS A PRIVATE MESSAGE. Tell us when you can be there cause we need more coverage than the current chat mods provide. We'll figure out who will work best there. But yeah we want to appoint new mods and we need them to be a diverse group of people who are active on there regularly and who will basically take the responsibility of keeping that place running somewhat sanely.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #13 - April 01, 2012, 03:41 AM

I got a better idea. How about you and Os actually spend some time in the chatroom, and then point out what insanity there is.
     Reply #14 - April 01, 2012, 03:42 AM

Nah. If it was just my decision, the chat would have been gone a long long time ago. I don't have time for the kind of sleazefest that takes place there regularly, from what I've heard.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #15 - April 01, 2012, 03:43 AM

I got a better idea. How about you and Os actually spend some time in the chatroom, and then point out what insanity there is.

Not interested. Too much to do already, plus IRC has always annoyed the hell out of me.

Reply #16 - April 01, 2012, 03:45 AM

Nah. If it was just my decision, the chat would have been gone a long long time ago. I don't have time for the kind of sleazefest that takes place there regularly, from what I've heard.

Examples?
     Reply #17 - April 01, 2012, 03:48 AM

I haven't been there... but the mods do from time to time get privately messaged reports of some of the kinds of stuff that goes on there.

Reply #18 - April 01, 2012, 03:51 AM

I just went on there and someone was named BlackDick in user list.  wacko
     Reply #19 - April 01, 2012, 03:52 AM

That would be Prince. Tongue

Reply #20 - April 01, 2012, 03:53 AM

.... examples?

I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to find a bit of 'sleaze' on the forum for every bit on chat. And I'm curious to know if you don't think something needs to be done about the treatment of noobs on the forum, I've wanted to bring it up for a while now.

If you give half the chatroom mod powers it's just going to turn into a king-of-the-hill piss-off. And then it really will be insanity.
     Reply #21 - April 01, 2012, 03:53 AM

I just went on there and someone was named BlackDick in user list.  wacko

Just a little dig at this thread (and BD) Tongue
     Reply #22 - April 01, 2012, 04:02 AM

And I'm curious to know if you don't think something needs to be done about the treatment of noobs on the forum, I've wanted to bring it up for a while now.

So bring it up. Smiley

Reply #23 - April 01, 2012, 04:04 AM

Didn't I just?

I'll write something tomorrow.
     Reply #24 - April 01, 2012, 04:05 AM

That's what I meant. Make the point in a new thread so it can be discussed. Afro

Reply #25 - April 01, 2012, 04:10 AM

Cheesy aphrodite complaining about perversion and sleaziness, this is the height of irony.
     Reply #26 - April 01, 2012, 05:20 AM

I'm not doing chat anymore, not suitable for my mobile experience,
    is this somekind of April fool to ?
     Reply #27 - April 01, 2012, 05:28 AM

Chat can be funky on mobile sometimes.
    And no, it's not.

Reply #28 - April 01, 2012, 05:35 AM

I'm too slow solara, typing in 3inch screen, correcting spelling and output (auto) correct.
     Reply #29 - April 01, 2012, 05:46 AM

Roll Eyes

Considering aphrodite is one of the worst offenders when it comes to perverted spam on the chat
    room, this is pretty ironic. But I'd say it's no worse than the forum in general for perversion.

Yup Afro

Also considering what the chat was all about that she had to open this thread

Cheesy aphrodite complaining about perversion and sleaziness, this is the height of irony.

Ikr! Grin

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »