Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Discussion about topic: Awkward questions to ask Christians

(Read 56450 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 5 6 7« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Discussion about topic: Awkward questions to ask Christians
     Reply #180 - April 03, 2012, 12:43 PM

Yes, that is the case. However it was not a crime at that time there was no law to define it as wrong.
    I know that incest is not accepted now but yet at what degree  is yet a question  among  different  cultures. This is seen here from time to time in the topic  of cousin marriages.

I still have the question if incestuious marriages alone really would have the effect  stated by Ibn Juferi on religious sects.  Or if in fact by stating it the way he did he completely blurred the issue of why there are so many religious sects.

If at first you succeed...try something harder.

Failing isn't falling down. Failing is not getting back up again.
     Reply #181 - April 03, 2012, 01:03 PM

Most people consider siblings having sex with each other wrong even in the absence of laws - for physical (ie. it significantly increases the chances of birth defects, which I'm sure you're aware of as a nurse) and psychological reasons.
     Reply #182 - April 03, 2012, 01:52 PM

Yes now and I would by no means recommend siblings or even first cousins for marriage. Even  in some cases not second  or third  cousins depending  on many factors.

The issue with Adam and Eve's children from a Biblical stand  point would not have to be genetic problems because they were so near to prefect. Degeneration had just began to occur and was not an issue.  The emotion/psychological  issues would not have been a factor because  there was never any instruction, or social pressure  that something wrong had occurred. Also there was at that time there no law against marrying your sibling.

Anyhow the conversation started out about why there are so many religious sects. Which actually has an easy  answer. I just  find it interesting how willing people  are to throw in a totally  off the wall topic and go with it.

However, if you would like to go with sibling marriages in a situation like Adam and Eve's  children,  well okay.

What would you have against  siblings  marrying if there was no worry of genetic  problems, there was no law against it, and you knew they suffered no emotional harm?

If at first you succeed...try something harder.

Failing isn't falling down. Failing is not getting back up again.
     Reply #183 - April 04, 2012, 07:42 AM

Not at this time according to the Bible because this is the period of time for Satan to prove his claim that God doesn't  have right to have sovereignty over his creation. So right now God is not correcting those  type things by means of miracles. For God to step in and fix the mess before the appointed time not be a benefit to the big picture.

It's odd that antiquated scripture of dubious authorship and Dark Age allegory is sufficient to prove to you the existence of demons, and yet the host of evidence arrayed in favour of evolution by natural selection leaves you unconvinced.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
  • Discussion about topic: Awkward questions to ask Christians
     Reply #184 - September 05, 2014, 07:06 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIzlklisBqw

The God--Jesus Who Wasnt There [Full Film]

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #185 - December 19, 2014, 11:49 PM

This headline made me chuckle.  Smiley

"Why Christians Should Be Speaking Up about the Surveillance State"

http://www.christianitytoday.com/edstetzer/2013/july/government-overreach-christian-silence-and-founding-fathers.html?paging=off

You'd have thought they'd be all for it.  Huh?

I am better than your god......and so are you.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #186 - March 07, 2015, 02:20 AM

Hell

Shoel in hebrew in O.T both good and bad went to Sheol. The good went into a place called abraham bosom in O.T. It was not until Jesus went to sheol to preach the word did that place empty the people who listen

Hades is the same but there is no  abraham bosom.

Gehenna the final hell aka Lake of Fire

Went Hades would be the place people wait until they be though into the lake of fire

In terms of Adam and Eve this is hard for one he warn Adam and Eve but give them a choice to make. He allowed them to choice. God warns them but does not stop them for eating the food
     Reply #187 - March 07, 2015, 06:08 AM

Have you come across this before UsagiTsukino?

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=24124.0

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #188 - March 07, 2015, 02:34 PM

The good went into a place called abraham bosom in O.T. It was not until Jesus went to sheol to preach the word did that place empty the people who listen

This is not part of the Torah and only canon OT/NT for Eastern denomination. It is an anachronism strictly speaking and contradicts many parts of the Bible both NT and OT.
  • Previous page 1 ... 5 6 7« Previous thread | Next thread »