Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: yeezevee , would you debate with me

(Read 21553 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • yeezevee , would you debate with me
     OP - March 25, 2012, 04:32 PM

I ask the member yeezevee to debate with me in the scientific fact of Quran , would you accept ? and tell me of the rules before we start please .
  • Re: yeezevee , would you debate with me
     Reply #1 - March 25, 2012, 06:30 PM

My goodness .. you guys are terrible.. lol..

I ask the member yeezevee to debate with me in the scientific fact of Quran , would you accept ? and tell me of the rules before we start please .

Hmm., "the scientific fact of Quran"., what does that mean Akahoshi?

As far as rules are concerned why do we need rules..  It is chit chat with No holds barring the discussion. right??

You said something funny here

yeezevee : Sorry , but a prayer in Islam is very important , and it doesn't take 5 minutes ,

You are a 5 minuets guy, I normally take longer.. I do that until Allah satisfies  ..., Satifying Allah is more important than time..  Don't worry about that., do as many prayers as you want and as much as you want.. And you don't need to respond to the posts on the same day .. take time to read and reflect..  

as for some translations that I think they are the closest to the Arabic language , there is Justice Mufti Taqi Usmani which I find accurate , there is also Moulana Mohiuddin Khan , but English is not my language so I might be wrong in some parts , and by the way , I made a thread in (One on one matches ) , would you go there ?  

That is strange., you are picking up English Translations of Quran from a Pakistani Guy and Bangladeshi guy?? why??

Do you think people from Saudi Arabia or  Al-Azhar University Cairo are not  good in Arabic??   Anyways .. we can discuss., I am sure I will learn a lot.. but be patient as I do many things on web and in life..

You see I read Quran up & down tons of times., On this subject Quran and its translation I am involved in number of forums & threads such as

and more.. scan  through those links .. We will discuss Science .. Quran.. hadith ..Prophets ..Islamic history.. all 114 chapters ..Ayah by ayah and Surah by surah Akahoshi....

with best
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #2 - March 25, 2012, 06:39 PM

Pardon me , I have something to do now , I'll come back later
     Reply #3 - March 25, 2012, 06:49 PM

Pardon me , I have something to do now , I'll come back later

please take your time dear Akahoshi..

Reply #4 - March 25, 2012, 07:06 PM

Ok , I'm back for this reply and then I have to go till another time , you see , one of the things some Non-Muslims object on are that heaven and earth were joined and then got separate , which I don't see a problem with , you see , the word ( Ardh ) In Arabic doesn't only mean Earth , but it can also mean Ground , Land , nation , layer of Earth ... etc , and the word ( Samaa ) in Arabic means many things other than heaven , it also means universe , Earth atmosphere , space ... etc , and I don't see anything wrong with Quran saying that Samaa ( The rest of the universe ) and Ardh ( Earth ) has split , because according to the big bang theory , all the universe was a small cube ( Or sphere , they were not sure as far as I know ) and then that cube exploded internally and what was joined in it spread , so as you see , Samaa ( Space ) split from Ardh ( Earth ) and I don't see what is wrong with that , also , if we assume that the word in the verse actually meant the Earth Atmosphere rather than the rest of the universe , then that is also correct , because I know that Sun once sent a mass of it in the form of dust and Gas , then , meteors hit this mass of dust and united with it and made our Earth , so , Samaa ( Earth atmosphere ) split from Ardh ( Ground ) , because they were joined in a mass of dust ( Atmosphere was Gas of course ) and ground was the dust that united with the meteors and made it ground , so in the end , I don't see why do they object to that fact .

Yet , some people will say "Why does the word Smaa has to mean atmosphere , you can't prove that it was meant to be like that in Quran" and I tell them , why did they assume that the word Samaa must mean universe and that the word Ardh must mean Earth , it's true that we can't approve the big bang theory through this verse alone , but they can't also prove that Quran meant Earth splitting from heaven , right ? I hope you give me your thought about this
     Reply #5 - March 25, 2012, 07:30 PM

Sloth : Read what I PERSONALLY wrote in this blog ( By the way , Akahoshi means red star which is the name of my blog ) :

And don't tell me that Pulsars were known before , and my discussion is about what people think is wrong of Quran , not to prove that there are scientific miracles , but if you want that then I'll give it to you
     Reply #6 - March 25, 2012, 07:35 PM

........, right ? I hope you give me your thought about this

Wrong..As I said before,    Quran is a book of its time., There is no science in it ., what you have is some words that you interpreting as theory of big bang ..pulsars ..knocker  and what not

Are you a Physicist or student of Astrophysics or  Cosmology., It is nonsense to make any religious book as book of science You should understand Quran as religious book  for Muslims Not manual for Big Bang theory..

Akahoshi.. First thing is frist., what you need to do is Put out a verse from Quran .. for..eg

trans-1: Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before we clove them asunder? We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?

Tran-2:  Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens and the earth were of one piece, then We parted them, and we made every living thing of water? Will they not then believe?

Trans3:  Do not those who disbelieve see that the heavens and the earth were closed up, but We have opened them; and We have made of water everything living, will they not then believe?

and that is from Surah AL-ANBIYA, Ayah-30.. . After that then you start discussing the subject., It is not worth taking few words here and there from Quran and writing story from the books of 20th century Science..

So let us put the verses and their translations first..

Reply #7 - March 25, 2012, 07:54 PM

yeezevee, you will never be able to prove that the quran is wrong, because its is vague and flexible enough to mean anything the Muslim wants it to.

Similarly, I cant see the point of Akahoshi proving that it is not wrong, because even if that is true, who cares?

Is this what the debate is? Surely it is much more interesting to debate whether it is from god?
    Please clarify what you are debating.

dr. sloth. my intentions were never to prove Quran is right or wrong, but to prove to the readers All of those verses that have alleged advanced science are   NONSENSE.   These educated Muslim guys have a disease when it comes to Quran and science .. It is stupid to purse scientific knowledge from religious books of 7th century.  In these days, Muslim guys are so obsessed to extract modern science from  Qur'an and science  as if without those few words Quran becomes plagiarized and/or criminal literature..

Reply #8 - March 25, 2012, 08:55 PM

You two need to agree on the topic before you can start.  It is either:

1. Is the quran accurate enough to not be clearly incompatible with modern science?
    OR
    2. Does the quran contain advanced knowledge which miraculously predates modern science?

Well in general.,

His topic is  "Quran is word of Allah/God"

My topic is " Quran is a book of its time" ( for that matter any religious book)  

Beyond that, it is full of nonsense, repetitive rubbish, politically motivated, socially regressive for 21st century.  On top  of all that nonsense it is filled with verses over verses to satisfy the lust to women by Prophet Muhammad as if Allah was the pimp for Prophet. In fact after reading Quran over and over  one  can easily say there are two characters of Muhammad in it. One is when Khadija was alive and 2nd one is after her death.

With all that confusion we have a  book that  was collated 10 to 20 years after alleged prophet's death, and these guys consider  every word of it is from Allah and nothing has  changed since Prophet's death.  So those Muslim guys  who strictly consider it,  as word of Allah are in deep trouble in debates. They can only use violence to prove their point..  And that is out of question on web..

Reply #9 - March 25, 2012, 09:07 PM

Ok , I'm back .
    As you said , first things first , and this is the verse :
    21:30 أولم يرى الذين كفروا أن السماوات و الأرض كانتا رتقاً ففتقناهما و جعلنا من الماء كل شيء حي أفلا يؤمنون
    21:30 Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and We separated them and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?
    Translation : Sahih international

And secondly , what I want to speak about is that some people try to use this verse to say that heaven and earth were joined as said by Quran which is not true . And as I said in my explanation of this verse , no one can claim that because there are many meanings , so they just take the meaning they want , and before dr.sloth go around saying that Quran is vague , I want him to read this and then tell me if it is vague or not :
    http://anticlaims.wordpress.com/2012/03/25/pulsars-in-quran/
    As for you yeezevee , you said that Quran is a book of its time , you're free in what you believe , but as a Muslim , I see that it's a book for all the following ages as it says in :
    5:3  This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion
    Also Sahih international
    And sure , I must bring you a proof which I will point by point , as for what you said that Quran is not a science book , then yes , it isn't , but the scientific miracles in it are not for science , they are a sign that it is a book from the only one who could know these facts in an age when science wasn't advanced .

So in the end , for the maening time , we're at the point of the verse of Sky and Earth splitting , what do you think of that ?
     Reply #10 - March 25, 2012, 09:14 PM

Just a minute !
    I see that you have a claim that Muhammad peace be upon him was lustful for women ( God forbids ) , our subject isn't for this matter , so here's another thread I have to discuss that point :
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=20193.new#new
     Reply #11 - March 25, 2012, 09:19 PM

, but the scientific miracles in it are not for science ,

where do you get those words Akahoshi??

"There is no science in miracles and there is no miracle in science"

it is a nonsense word., only those religious guys who lack scientific background and those who have problem with their religion talk that mambo-jumbo. Using such words will not help your cause    Akahosh..

Reply #12 - March 25, 2012, 09:22 PM

Look , don't only take what you quoted , I said that the miracle lays in proving that the book is from God , because if it isn't , then Muhammad peace be upon him would have never been able to know these science facts ( And he's Illiterate by the way ), then God must have said that in his holy book , did I make my self clear ?
    To sum it up , these miracles are to prove that Quran is from God
     Reply #13 - March 25, 2012, 09:39 PM

I'll turn in , I'll be back tomorrow
     Reply #14 - March 25, 2012, 09:41 PM

Look , don't only take what you quoted , I said that the miracle lays in proving that the book is from God , because if it isn't , then Muhammad peace be upon him would have never been able to know these science facts ( And he's Illiterate by the way ), then God must have said that in his holy book , did I make my self clear ?
    To sum it up , these miracles are to prove that Quran is from God

Yes he was., he was a man of his times., so there is an excuse., but there is no excuse for educated folks to act as  Illiterates Akahoshi.,

What science facts are you talking?   In those Arabic rhyming words of Quran, neither there is science nor there are facts.  What people like you do is, take an Arabic word make multiple meanings out of that connect   them to modern scientific discoveries and talk nonsense  such as you see here
    So , as you see , Quran mentioned the Pulsars in it 1400 years ago

But I didn’t see the word ( Pulsar ) in the verses

True , the word itself doesn’t exist , but the characters of a Pulsar are in the verses , God said that he swears by the knocker , and if you check the information of a Pulsar you will see that it makes sounds exactly like the sounds of a knocking hammer , and it is a piercing star  

You make Knockers in to pulsar Star., it is ridiculous.   Some one can come up with Knockers  as  "large breast"

Rubbish get over this  blind belief Akahoshi., Just take Quran as book of its time served its purpose of  advancing Political cause of Arab folks of that time and move on...

Reply #15 - March 25, 2012, 10:03 PM

I'll turn in , I'll be back tomorrow

dear Akahoshi., take it easy.. I know it is difficult to come to the grip of thinking outside of religious box.  But you are talking about science, it cuts through all religions.    For few seconds a day,  try to put yourself out of the Quran/Islam/ or any religious box and think  about what is there in that box, who made it,   who put that there??

Think about the size of universe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ_tZr0D2pk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZJb6yFDKIw

And see,  what is there in silly religious books., at the best you can say these books made to give  some sort of moral guidance to people of that time .. Not Science..   Akahoshi

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #16 - March 25, 2012, 10:21 PM

yeezevee : I see that you didn't look at the characters of a Pulsar as said by Quran , QURAN said it is a piercing star , and nobody can say that someone knocking your door , or someone hitting with a hammer , or a "big breast" - - ... is a "Piercing star" now , I want you to tell me what you think of that
     Reply #17 - March 25, 2012, 10:38 PM

yeezevee : I see that you didn't look at the characters of a Pulsar as said by Quran , QURAN said it is a piercing star ,

What Quran said in that AT-TARIQ  is this

086.001: I swear by the heaven and the comer by night;

086.002 : And what will make you know what the comer by night is?

086.003 : The star of piercing brightness;

So think around those words and why some one said them at that time

and nobody can say that someone knocking your door , or someone hitting with a hammer , or a "big breast" - - ... is a "Piercing star" now , I want you to tell me what you think of that

To that you added  some knocking and knockers and made it in to a pulsar.. A neutron Star ., You are silly to do that., In the same way, some one cane take your knockers  and write

..."A bright and beautiful star with knockers blinded me
    She knocked my door for which I felt as if some one hit my heart with hammer"
    and it pulsed and pulsed for ever ..

we can go on writing and twisting words to suit  you or me or someone else Akahoshi..

So my suggestion is, smart people like you   should not  play the silly games with so-called  religious scriptures  of  cave times.   You know those are books of that time Now we have tremendous scientific advancement in every field,  different out look,  different goals and different problems to solve in 21st century..

Reply #18 - March 25, 2012, 10:43 PM

yeezevee : Where did you bring this translation from , the Arabic word for it is ( Tariq ) which has nothing to do with a night visitor , the word Tariq means someone knocking , it is true that it might actually mean someone knocking your door , but if you know the other chracters of this knocker , then you'll know that it can't be other than a Pulsar , because God clearly said it is a piercing star
     Reply #19 - March 25, 2012, 10:46 PM

See you later , I'll be back tomorrow
     Reply #20 - March 25, 2012, 10:48 PM

yeezevee : Where did you bring this translation from , the Arabic word for it is ( Tariq ) .............

Akahoshi people in these forums are very smart., they can easily figure out from where you are writing..

Anyways., you pick your translation from Pakistani guy or Bangladesh guy., And i pick straight from horse Mouth.. I have all 12/13 translations  and different languages such as Bengali or Urdu .

I can assure you what I gave is the closest to what is there in Arabic. If you want discuss Quran in Arabic I will give you my friends website.. we can do it there.. He is nice guy and sincere Muslim  and he is Egyptian..

knocker ,   Pulsar , because God clearly said it is a piercing star

Knockers, pulsars  and stars..    because God says so in some book ..   What you have done is converting "piercing brightness" in to piercing star

Yap..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_39NPQEU-oU

Reply #21 - March 25, 2012, 11:05 PM

Please keep this thread free for Yeezeevee and Akahoshi

There is a thread in Ringside seats for comments on the discussion.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #22 - March 26, 2012, 10:15 AM

yeezevee : Very well , I'll discuss it with your friend , to let you know , I only debated about the piercing star in Arabic , so ok , I'll speak to him in Arabic
     Reply #23 - March 26, 2012, 12:17 PM

yeezevee : Very well , I'll discuss it with your friend , to let you know , I only debated about the piercing star in Arabic , so ok , I'll speak to him in Arabic...

Glad to see you  Akahoshi .,  boy you are eager to prove Quran mentions Advanced  unknown scientific facts  of  21st century.   So what is your background in Science?    You wrote
    Ok , I'm back .
    As you said , first things first , and this is the verse :
    21:30 أولم يرى الذين كفروا أن السماوات و الأرض كانتا رتقاً ففتقناهما و جعلنا من الماء كل شيء حي أفلا يؤمنون
    21:30 Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and We separated them and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?
    Translation : Sahih international

We will talk about chapter21 later., but let us first finish those 17 verses from   AT-TARIQ  where you seem to have thorough knowledge of pulsars.,  Questions to you are.,
    086.001: I swear by the heaven and the comer by night;

086.002 : And what will make you know what the comer by night is?

086.003 : The star of piercing brightness;

did you take these three verses from Quran to write that stuff on pulsars at your blog??  or do you have any other verses from Quran that you think represents the characteristics of pulsars??  

After going through many translations of Quran (more than 10) I use Shakir's translation as it is closest to original Quran. So read his translation compare that with the translations of Pakistani guy or Bangladesh guy..   Next is My good old friend on web(we had tons of discussions) .. His translation is also good(although he plays games because of his better over all  knowledge as he was born in 20th century unlike Shakr)  So go to his site ., He will teach you Arabic., and if you use hadith to defend Islam he will also teach you four letter words and foul language in Arabic.,

Also read this young man

Reply #24 - March 29, 2012, 01:53 AM

well I am sorry to see Akahoshi  live the forum., it is clear from his posts that he is from Indian subcontinent.. Bangladesh or Pakistan .. may be living in Saudi Arabia with his parents.. going to school there ..

any way he left. hope he will come back after some time... so mean while let us learn about this lady

She is Sheila Musaji

She writes about  The MEK and Terrorism Double Standards by Sheila Musaji (The American Muslim)

The Mujahedeen Khalq, or People’s Mujahedeen, known as the M.E.K has been designated a terrorist organization by the U.S. State Dept. for 15 years.  The M.E.K. are terrorists.  They were driven out of Iran and given a home at a place called Camp Ashraf in Iraq by Saddam Hussein, who they supported.  Saddam Hussein used the M.E.K. to carry out terrorist acts in Iran.  Now that Hussein is gone, the Iraqi’s want the M.E.K. out of Iraq as they also see it as a dangerous group.  They are not former terrorists, but current terrorists.

...........The group, the People’s Mujahedin of Iran, has long been designated as a terrorist group by the United States, accused of killing American servicemen and contractors in the 1970s and supporting the takeover of the U.S. Embassy in Tehran before breaking with the Iranian mullahs in 1980. The attacks, which have killed five Iranian nuclear scientists since 2007 and may have destroyed a missile research and development site, have been carried out in dramatic fashion, with motorcycle-borne assailants often attaching small magnetic bombs to the exterior of the victims’ cars.  A 2004 FBI report on the Mujahaddin-e-Khalq (MEK) was revealed in June 2011 which states that the MEK “is actively involved in planning and executing acts of terrorism,” despite the organization’s alleged renunciation of terror in 2001.

….....................................

Ali Safavi, who runs a pro-M.E.K. group in Washington called Near East Policy Research, says the money comes from wealthy Iranian expatriates in the United States and Europe. Because “material support” to a designated terrorist group is a crime, advocates insist that the money goes only to sympathizers and not to the M.E.K. itself.  Congress has taken note of the campaign. A House resolution for dropping the terrorist listing has 97 co-sponsors, including the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, Mike Rogers, Republican of Michigan. At a hearing this month, senators pressed the defense secretary, Leon E. Panetta, about the threat to Camp Ashraf

During the uproar over the Park51/Cordoba House community center last year, Rep. Peter King called for a “full investigation” of Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf because Rauf refused to publicly call Hamas a “terrorist organization.”  Imam Rauf hadn’t expressed suport for a terrorist organization, he hadn’t lobbied to get it removed from a terrorist list, he hadn’t accepted money from them, or attended or spoken at their events – but simply because he hadn’t publicly called them a “terrorist organization”, Rep. King thinks he deserves a “full investigation”.

I think it is time to demand the same standards of our elected officials and representatives.

Hmm I see it is all about that Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf.. well read the rest at the link.. and we will learn more about  Sheila Musaji

Reply #25 - March 29, 2012, 11:42 AM

You see I read Quran up & down tons of times., On this subject Quran and its translation I am involved in number of forums & threads such as

So you read the quran in Arabic than?
     Reply #26 - November 13, 2012, 11:17 AM

So you read the quran in Arabic   than?

what is your point yos1994 ?? Often I see you here and I see you in FFI ..

Don't worry about me and my Quran  reading skills ., Read Khaled Alzberma/aka red star aka Akahoshi  

at  FFI a Hate site  and   cemb-a-swamp

Reply #27 - December 17, 2012, 01:39 PM

This is very interesting.. sorry I missed it really.

There is no doubt though that the Quran held some scientific theories we have only just recently held in the secular world. It is amazing that a book such a the Qu'ran have spoken about the earth coming from the heavens and previously being one. That makes quite a big of sense because of the way planets and stars are formed in the first place.

The theory was first proposed in the 1930s, based on Edwin Hubble's discovery that distant galaxies are receding. Hubble measured the distances to a large number of galaxies (based on the observed brightness of certain stars within them), and compared these distances with their electromagnetic spectra. As it turned out, more distant galaxies had the features in their spectra (spectral lines) shifted to lower frequencies in a linear manner: that is, more distant galaxies exhibit greater redshifts. The only known mechanism for generating a spectral shift is the Doppler effect, which means that distant galaxies are receding from us.

This suggests that in the past, galaxies were much closer to us than they are now: simply extrapolate the motion into the past. As it turns out, if this is performed, it indicates that all galaxies in the observable universe would have been at the same 'location' about 11 billion years ago: that is, all the matter in the universe originated from a single location. This is the (simplified) Big Bang theory. Actually, it's a little more complicated than that: according to general relativity, it's not really that distant galaxies are flying away from us, it's that space itself is expanding, increasing the distance. You can think of the universe as the surface of a balloon, with the balloon constantly expanding.

Reply #28 - December 17, 2012, 01:58 PM

Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and We separated them

How and when were the earth and the heavens separated?  No they are not!  This planet is part of a solar system that orbits the sun that moves around a galaxy in a local cluster that moves around the universe!  The whole point of science is it is not this over here and that over there, we can work out the connections, how and why this got over here and that over there, how things evolved and changed.

What is worse is that it ain't planned, it is chaotic!  Nobody separated stuff!

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #29 - December 17, 2012, 02:12 PM

Moi,

According to the big bang theory we were all made from something as small as the shape of an egg and expanded upon it. If God is real ... and thats a big if.... then it makes sense that the universe was created from the heavens.

[quoteIt is entirely possible, though not at all firmly established, that God used a big bang as His method of creation. You cannot affirm it as a certainty, but neither can you deny it apodictically. Because the Bible does not specify how God did it, we are left to choose the hypothesis that seems to have the best supporting material . . . nothing in the biblical doctrine excludes the big bang (1992, 34, 35).[/quote]
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »