Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Halal and haram jobs

(Read 24133 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Halal and haram jobs
     Reply #30 - August 26, 2009, 10:56 PM

Yep, but should be easy to do using McGoogle.   Here's something I just found from the quilliam foundation

The Islam Channel is the largest satellite channel aimed specifically at British and European Muslims. Many of its speakers are Islamist extremists from organisations like Hizb ut-Tahrir who use the channel to promote intolerant and bigoted interpretations of Islam. Others are Wahhabi graduates of Saudi universities who have denied the Holocaust and promoted hatred of Shia Muslims. Other presenters are Islamists who have been suspended from their jobs in government due to their extremist statements or who are from organisations that the government has broken ties with due to their leading members? alleged support for terrorism.

Islamist presenters

In recent weeks the Islam Channel programme ?Ummah Talk? has been hosted by Azad Ali, a civil servant who has been suspended since January for writing blogs on the website of Islamic Forum Europe (a Jamaat-e-Islami front-group) which have been interpreted as condoning terrorist attacks on British troops in Iraq - as well as other blogs supporting Hamas and advocating the re-creation of the Caliphate. Ali is also a trustee of the East London Mosque and in 2008, despite his extreme views, he was elected to the council of Liberty, the human rights pressure group.

Yasir Qadhi, a Wahhabi graduate of the University of Medina who has denied the Holocaust, is also a regular presenter on the Islam Channel?s religious programmes. Qadhi has said that ?Hitler never intended to mass-destroy the Jews?, calling conventional accounts of the Holocaust ?false propaganda? and adding that Jewish depictions of Hitler were ?not correct?...

Inayat Bunglawala, from the Muslim Council of Britain (MCB), is frequently a presenter on the Islam Channel?s ?Politics and the Media? programme. The Government recently broke off relations with the MCB after Daud Abdullah, its Deputy Secretary-General, signed a statement that denounced the Palestinian National Authority as ?not eligible to represent the Palestinian people? on account of ?giving up? jihad against Israel and which also potentially authorizes jihadist attacks on the Royal Navy. Earlier this year, Bunglawala complained to the BBC after they referred to the pro-jihadist cleric Abu Qatada as ?an extremist?.

Several presenters on the Islam Channel are also active members of Hizb ut-Tahrir, a global movement which is dedicated to establishing a totalitarian state in which women and religious minorities would be systematically deprived of their basic human rights. Many of these speakers regularly use their shows to promote Hizb ut-Tahrir's ideology. Islam Channel presenters who are members of Hizb ut-Tahrir include Sajid Varda, the host of last season?s ?Saturday Night Live? programme on the Islam Channel, Ibtihal Ismail Bsis, Aamna Durrani and Basharat Ali. Ironically, Basharat Ali and Ibtihal Ismail Bsis, despite HT?s rejection of the British legal system as ?un-Islamic?, are both practicing lawyers.

Outlook

Islam Channel claims to be committed to giving a platform to a range of views from across Britain?s Muslim and non-Muslim communities. However, one unfortunate side-effect of this laudable and broad-minded policy has been to give an undue prominence to Islamist voices that represent only a small minority of British Muslims.

http://www.quilliamfoundation.org/index.php/component/content/article/498

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #31 - August 26, 2009, 10:58 PM

Exactly, lets get a petiton going, hold on that would involve giving our real names.

Take the Pakman challenge and convince me there is a God and Mo was not a murdering, power hungry sex maniac.
     Reply #32 - August 26, 2009, 11:00 PM

not necessarily,  for security reasons we could justify our use of our usernames and be contacted here via pm if needs be

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #33 - August 26, 2009, 11:01 PM

cool lets get one started online and we can send it to all our contacts.

Take the Pakman challenge and convince me there is a God and Mo was not a murdering, power hungry sex maniac.
     Reply #34 - August 28, 2009, 06:00 AM

They cant work anywhere according to that big essay............

Those are only in arabian countries.........
  • Halal and haram jobs
     Reply #35 - December 17, 2012, 03:37 AM

Oh muslims are so brainwashed and stupid - make sme so angry!

I get so annoyed that my mum is get more and more religious each day and last time I visited her she saw on stupid Channel S (Bengali TV channel) that working in banks is haram so now she's desperate for me to quit. Oh, if only she knew.

Basically in being a muslim, you can't have a decent job.

It's more basically... in being a muslim, you can't have a life. You really don't have one.

Religious people are so ignorant that they are ignorant of their own ignorance.
  • Halal and haram jobs
     Reply #36 - December 17, 2012, 03:53 AM

So pretty much, that list is.

(insert random job here)- that contains haram things.
    btw.. old thread is old. lol

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
  • Halal and haram jobs
     Reply #37 - December 17, 2012, 09:57 AM

Isn't it haram to watch Islam and Peace TV etc?  They are images are they not?  And is it not therefore haram to use a computer, a plane, a car, a doctor, a toilet....?

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
  • Halal and haram jobs
     Reply #38 - December 17, 2012, 10:05 AM

Funny, the only "is this job haram" thread that matters to muslims, is the blow job thread.  Grin  Not this one. 

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
  • Halal and haram jobs
     Reply #39 - December 17, 2012, 04:49 PM

I'm always cought in the moment, when I think about the fact that we might be the only (probably are the only) species aware of its birth and death. We know our time here is limited, yet billions of us restrict ourselves, our potential and our lives in the most unimaginable way, because we cannot accept death. So instead of making the most out of the only life we know about, religious people allow themselves to be enslaved by a totalitarian ideology, in the belief that this way, they will escape the nothingness of death and end up in the fairy-talish heaven. They even call this despicable compromise the ultimate deen. Wow. Just wow.

I am so grateful that I am not a Muslim anymore. I feel so sorry for Muslims. No one deserves the ugly monster that is Islam.

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.
  • Halal and haram jobs
     Reply #40 - December 17, 2012, 05:50 PM

Yup heard that "can't work in banks" nonsense from my mother and her side of the family for a loong time. That shit really pisses me of no no end.

Especially because that's gonna land me in a huge sea of shit when I start applying for jobs at a bank this summer or next ( need some experience in my field before graduating).  Gonna have to tell my mom and her family to f-off cuz theres no way i'm going to let them cripple my chance of building a career.

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • Halal and haram jobs
     Reply #41 - December 17, 2012, 08:44 PM

"34. Male doctors treating female patients and vice-versa, unless in case of acute necessity."

Lol. This one is just silly. Technically, any doctor-patient activity is necessary with the exception of cosmetic doctoring.

"I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want."
    Muhammad Ali
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »