Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The Apprentice 2012

(Read 4981 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The Apprentice 2012
     OP - March 21, 2012, 10:05 PM

Smiley

I just watched the first episode. What are your thoughts? (if you're a fan)

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
  • Re: The Apprentice 2012
     Reply #1 - March 21, 2012, 11:11 PM

Didn't watch it.  Was watching the documentary on the wikileaked US embassy cables.  Watched bits of the Apprentice You're Fired (afterwards).  The chick who was fired looked hot. Tongue Kiss  She couldn't shut her mouth in the boardroom, apparently. icon_blahblah

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #2 - March 21, 2012, 11:20 PM

I used to watch this but couldn't handle the jealousy I felt at the house they lived in every series.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #3 - March 21, 2012, 11:29 PM

Didn't watch it.  Was watching the documentary on the wikileaked US embassy cables.  Watched bits of the Apprentice You're Fired (afterwards).  The chick who was fired looked hot. Tongue Kiss  She couldn't shut her mouth in the boardroom, apparently. icon_blahblah

Yep, she was very much like a straight book kind of person too, like 'I have achieved A, B and C' it was like she had this speech prepared and was just reciting it, that kind of style, that's what she talked like, without any real engagement. Robotic.

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #4 - March 22, 2012, 12:51 AM

I used to like Donald Trump for his success in real estate business but until he started getting above himself and also lies about his wealth that he thinks he can buy his way into getting into an Oval Office by joining The Republican Party and making political blunder statements on Middle East,Immigration,Obama and his Pro-Israel stance. Roll Eyes

When it comes to Business, Warren Buffett is the one i highly admire and value his opinions not this silver spoon who uses his father's wealth and contacts to make a name for himself.

However, I did enjoyed The Apprentice but his credility made me lose interest on it. Sorry Stardust, i wish i could find something nice to say.

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #5 - March 22, 2012, 12:55 AM

Erm...This one is with Alan Sugar...IDK anything about Donald Trump

Reply #6 - March 22, 2012, 12:57 AM

Oh, my bad. I forgot there is a british version of it. Carry On yes

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #7 - March 22, 2012, 01:36 AM

Was it just me but did any of you think that if the cameras weren't there she would have offered Alan Sugar a blowjob? She was practically begging to stay on. In the end she talked herself out of the chance. Plus Alan Sugar would have been too distracted to work with her. Lol

And yes if a bloke was begging as much I would not think he would have offered a blow job as last resort.

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #8 - April 03, 2012, 04:25 AM

They're a bunch of fucking psychopaths. Completely awful people. They're the kind of narcissistic fuckwits that put photographs of themselves in their CVs - who the fuck does that? And from what I've seen, it's got very little to do with business at all - it's more about pointing fingers while keeping your own ass out of the firing line.
     Reply #9 - April 03, 2012, 06:18 AM

Lord Sugar just wants to inspire young people to became entrepreneurial and show them, through the tasks, how easy it really is - if you get the basics right; find a product or service that has a USP, get your margins right and show some flair in selling. The participants of are just pawns in his altruistic endeavour, as most of the past winners were given menial projects to work once they win, one previous 'apprentice' is even suing Lord Sugar

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/the-apprentice/9090420/Apprentice-winner-Stella-English-to-sue-Lord-Sugar.html 
     Reply #10 - April 03, 2012, 06:39 AM

They're a bunch of fucking psychopaths. Completely awful people. They're the kind of narcissistic fuckwits that put photographs of themselves in their CVs - who the fuck does that? And from what I've seen, it's got very little to do with business at all - it's more about pointing fingers while keeping your own ass out of the firing line.

Business attracts (and fosters) psychopathic traits.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/sep/01/psychopath-workplace-jobs-study

Anyway, the nature of cut-throat pressure cooking in such areas turns people into wankers.

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

What apple stores are like.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QmZWv-eBI
     Reply #11 - April 03, 2012, 02:29 PM

I've read about that, Sprout - it's an unsettling thought. And yeah, that environment may turn people into wankers, but it also attracts wankers to begin with, which makes for more entertaining TV, I guess.
     Reply #12 - May 11, 2012, 05:18 AM

Business attracts (and fosters) psychopathic traits.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/sep/01/psychopath-workplace-jobs-study

Anyway, the nature of cut-throat pressure cooking in such areas turns people into wankers.

I remember seeing a documentary on psychopaths and they said something like 40% (not sure)of the worlds psychopathic brained people work in business/finance corporations.

Reply #13 - May 11, 2012, 07:17 AM

What is "business"?

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »