Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Electronics students

(Read 1800 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Electronics students
     OP - July 15, 2012, 12:43 PM

Anyone studying electronics here? Give your advice and tips to those looking to go into electronics, is there alot of mathematics involved? 
  • Re: Electronics students
     Reply #1 - July 15, 2012, 03:28 PM

I thought you were studying Law Tut? You thinking of changing?
     Reply #2 - July 16, 2012, 01:59 PM

I thought you were studying Law Tut? You thinking of changing?

No, I studied that ages ago, I dropped out from it, I was a 2nd year student. The only reason I mentioned it on that forum was because, in my first post (which they deleted) I mentioned it, so I thought I'd just stay consistent, since I felt some of the members were finishing information. So, yeah I did law when I first went to university, then I wanted to do psy and crime and, then I switched to electronics I was given a placement for psy and crime. I've gone to electronics because my father wants me to do it, not to mention he will bankroll me for it. So am taking him up on that. lol 
     Reply #3 - July 16, 2012, 02:02 PM

Forest M Mimm's guides are fairly good for starters. Eventually you'll get to some hard maths stuff but not in that book and I expect that by the end of it, you'd have a fairly good idea of what generally goes on in electronics but when you do need a guide on maths, try Morris Kline's books and in particular "Mathematics for the Non-Mathematician".

"I measured the skies, now the shadows I measure,
    Sky-bound was the mind, earth-bound the body rests."
    [Kepler's epitaph]
     Reply #4 - July 16, 2012, 02:18 PM

Forest M Mimm's guides are fairly good for starters. Eventually you'll get to some hard maths stuff but not in that book and I expect that by the end of it, you'd have a fairly good idea of what generally goes on in electronics but when you do need a guide on maths, try Morris Kline's books and in particular "Mathematics for the Non-Mathematician".

Thanks.

Yeah I am so scared of mathematics, I can't even to basic arithmetic so I am kind of worried about doing electronics, and eventually in the 2/3rd years getting hit with a wall of mathematics. I am pretty good at electronics I find grasping the concepts easy, its all very logical and straight forward. I've not really come across any mathematics that I don't get, I mean I understanding the concepts of Volts, Watts, Amps etc which all require one to have a basic understand of math I understand those kinds of things. But I don't want to be hit with really hardcore mathematics, then I'd just lose interest. 

Like I understand shit like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz4TSZTI6p4&feature=plcp

But bucky is a good teacher though.
     Reply #5 - July 16, 2012, 03:23 PM

what are you talking King Tut?? what shit are you talking??  Are you COLOR BLIND??  you can not see the colored lines  on a resistor?? 

Ooooold electronic is simple to understand  that is still used in high voltage transmissions., As far as modern electronic boards are concerned .. throw them out replace with new one..lol..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #6 - July 16, 2012, 05:45 PM

Thanks.

Yeah I am so scared of mathematics, I can't even to basic arithmetic so I am kind of worried about doing electronics, and eventually in the 2/3rd years getting hit with a wall of mathematics. I am pretty good at electronics I find grasping the concepts easy, its all very logical and straight forward. I've not really come across any mathematics that I don't get, I mean I understanding the concepts of Volts, Watts, Amps etc which all require one to have a basic understand of math I understand those kinds of things. But I don't want to be hit with really hardcore mathematics, then I'd just lose interest. 

Why do you hate mathematics?

"I measured the skies, now the shadows I measure,
    Sky-bound was the mind, earth-bound the body rests."
    [Kepler's epitaph]
     Reply #7 - July 16, 2012, 07:39 PM

Why do you hate mathematics?

I'm not very good at mathematics, I lose track everything gets jumbled up in my brain when I am thinking about maths. I think it stems from the fact that when I was younger I ignored math I found it really boring and I would copy someone else or ask someone else to do my work. Since I was pretty much in the top-tier in all most all my other classes I could easily get away with asking someone else to do my math work for me, and I would help them in science or some other subject I'd let them copy my textbook. I remember in high school I had a close friend who was very good at mathematics so I would just always copy him. The problem now is that, since I missed key fundamental aspects of mathematics I have a hard time doing it. With math if you miss the basics there is no way you'll be able to do some of the more complex maths.
     Reply #8 - July 24, 2012, 09:17 PM

I don't get it.  Why don't you go back and learn the fundamentals right now?  How hard can that be?  It's not !  It is just time consuming.  Do it. Afro
     Reply #9 - July 25, 2012, 03:22 AM

Yes there is a LOT of mathematics. I recommend you take the technician route rather than an engineering route if you dont like math. 

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #10 - July 26, 2012, 07:11 PM

I will start this year with electronical engineering (I don't know whether that's the same) . I heard that 60-70% is math, 20-30% physics (which is just applied mathematics) and approximately 10% is practical. 
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »