Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Death to Emos!

(Read 3117 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Death to Emos!
     OP - March 10, 2012, 04:58 PM

What the actual serious fuck?! finmad

http://english.al-akhbar.com/content/iraqi-teenagers-stoned-death-emo-haircuts

“At least 90 Iraqi teenagers with "emo" appearances have been stoned to death by religious extremists in Baghdad in the past month after an inflammatory interior ministry statement dubbed it "devil worshiping", activists said.

“Iraq's Moral Police released a chilling statement on the interior ministry's website condemning the "emo phenomenon" among Iraqi youth, disturbingly declaring its intent to "eliminate" the trend.

“… "They wear strange, tight clothes that have pictures on them such as skulls and use stationary that are shaped as skulls. They also wear rings on their noses and tongues, and do other strange activities," it continued.

“Religious extremists caught onto the interior ministry statement, and have been harassing and killing teenagers with "strange" or "emo" appearances.

“A group of armed men dressed in civilian clothing led dozens of teenagers to secluded areas a few days ago, stoned them to death, and then disposed their bodies in garbage dumpsters across the capital.”

Cry
  • Re: Death to Emos!
     Reply #1 - March 10, 2012, 05:00 PM

>Moral police

"I measured the skies, now the shadows I measure,
    Sky-bound was the mind, earth-bound the body rests."
    [Kepler's epitaph]
     Reply #2 - March 10, 2012, 06:05 PM

dang I thought this thread was about abolishing emoticon in cemb,

Is this news true, aren't there any cembers from there?

I feel sic reading the comment. finmad
     Reply #3 - March 10, 2012, 06:17 PM

When I read shit like this, I can't help but think Iraq was better off under Saddam. I'm willing to take his place. I've always wanted to have my own militia called Fedayeen  grin12
     Reply #4 - March 10, 2012, 09:26 PM

(Reuters) - At least 14 youths have been stoned to death in Baghdad in the past three weeks in what appears to be a campaign by Shi'ite militants against youths wearing Western-style "emo" clothes and haircuts, security and hospital sources say.

Militants in Shi'ite neighborhoods where the stonings have taken place circulated lists on Saturday naming more youths targeted to be killed if they do not change the way they dress.

The killings have taken place since Iraq's interior ministry drew attention to the "emo" subculture last month, labeling it "Satanism" and ordering a community police force to stamp it out.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/10/us-iraq-emo-killings-idUSBRE8290CY20120310
     Reply #5 - March 10, 2012, 09:43 PM

When I read shit like this, I can't help but think Iraq was better off under Saddam.

Yeah. Under Saddam there were no emos. yes

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #6 - March 10, 2012, 10:00 PM

And there weren't no shia miltias killing people for being 'immoral' nor were Al-Qaeda blowing up churches.  yes
     Reply #7 - March 11, 2012, 12:01 AM

CLERICS DENOUNCE KILLINGS

Iraq's leading Shi'ite clerics have condemned the stonings.

Abdul-Raheem al-Rikabi , Baghdad representative for Iraq's most influential Shi'ite cleric, Ali al-Sistani, called the killings "terrorist attacks".

"Such a phenonomenon which has spread among young people should be tackled through dialogue and peaceful means and not through physical liquidation," Rikabi told Reuters.

In a response to questions on his website on Saturday, Moqtada al-Sadr, a Shi'ite cleric whose followers dominate Sadr City, described "emo" youths as "crazy and fools", but said they should be dealt with only through the law.

"They are a plague on Muslim society, and those responsible should eliminate them through legal means," he said.

Abu Ali al-Rubaie, a leading Sadr aide in Sadr City, said the cleric's followers had nothing to do with the killings.

"In this issue and in all such problems we always use peaceful and educational methods to correct any wrongdoings. We are not connected in any way to those groups allegedly responsibility for killing those young people."

sick apologetic bastard
     Reply #8 - March 11, 2012, 04:13 AM

Islamic law logic - kill everything you don't like and it will go away.
    Proven science.

Also I like how God's punishment must be done by human hands  Roll Eyes
    oh this one I like

"Another leaflet in Sadr City bore 20 names. "We are the Brigades of Anger. We warn you, if you do not get back to sanity and the right path, you will be killed," it said."

and

"If they are close friends who have something in common, that's all right. If other things we hear about them are true, like sucking each other's blood or worshipping the devil, that is not accepted in our society. But I think this is just a trend to imitate the West."

The story is soo tragic but the Irony an ignorance is just too much. Emo isn't even a western thing, it's in all societies even in the far East.

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
     Reply #9 - March 11, 2012, 07:43 AM

When I read shit like this, I can't help but think Iraq was better off under Saddam. I'm willing to take his place. I've always wanted to have my own militia called Fedayeen  grin12

Leave the political talking points out of it.

Anyway, I thought this story was a joke at first, it's absolutely ridiculous.

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

What apple stores are like.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QmZWv-eBI
     Reply #10 - March 11, 2012, 12:37 PM

Anyway, I thought this story was a joke at first

So did I.

Emos can usually be relied upon till kill themselves, so why go to the trouble of stoning them?
     Reply #11 - March 11, 2012, 12:48 PM

^ Cheesy

Oh that’s evil. But so funny!
     Reply #12 - March 11, 2012, 05:38 PM

Gadzooks - One of my few friends in highschool was emo. She does not deserve death. Emos are. Why kill them? Huh? wacko finmad

Interested in Buddhism? Check out http://www.accesstoinsight.org/!
    Consider Nalanda University, and never let it happen again.
     Reply #13 - March 11, 2012, 10:53 PM

WE ARE THE BORG. YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED.

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
  • 90 Iraqi teenagers stoned to death for "emo" haircuts . says news
     Reply #14 - March 12, 2012, 02:17 AM

90  Iraqi teenagers stoned to death for "emo" haircuts says news Published Friday, March 9, 2012

At least 90 Iraqi teenagers with "emo" appearances have been stoned to death by religious extremists in Baghdad in the past month after an inflammatory interior ministry statement dubbed it "devil worshiping", activists said.  Iraq's Moral Police released a chilling statement on the interior ministry's website condemning the "emo phenomenon" among Iraqi youth, disturbingly declaring its intent to "eliminate" the trend.

"The 'Emo phenomenon' or devil worshiping is being followed by the Moral Police who have the approval to eliminate [the phenomenon] as soon as possible since it's detrimentally affecting the society and becoming a danger," the statement read. "They wear strange, tight clothes that have pictures on them such as skulls and use stationary that are shaped as skulls. They also wear rings on their noses and tongues, and do other strange activities," it continued.

Religious extremists caught onto the interior ministry statement, and have been harassing and killing teenagers with "strange" or "emo" appearances. A group of armed men dressed in civilian clothing led dozens of teenagers to secluded areas a few days ago, stoned them to death, and then disposed their bodies in garbage dumpsters across the capital, according to activists.

The armed men are said to belong to “one of the most extremist religious groups” in Iraq. “First they throw concrete blocks at the boy's arms, then at his legs, then the final blow is to his head, and if he is not dead then, they start all over again,” one person who managed to escape told Al-Akhbar.

Iraq's moral police was granted approval by the Ministry of Education to enter Baghdad schools and pinpoint students with such appearances, according to the interior ministry's statement. The exact death toll remains unclear, but Hana al-Bayaty of Brussels Tribunal, an NGO dealing with Iraqi issues, said the current figure ranges "between 90 and 100." "What's most disturbing about this is that they're so young," she said.

Al-Bayaty said the killings appear to have been carried out by extremist Shia militias in mostly poor Shia neighborhoods and said she suspected "there's complicity of the Ministry of Interior in the killings." Photos of the victims were released on Facebook, causing panic and fear among Iraqi students. A young man with long hair expressed alarm at the government-ordained harassment of teenagers with Western appearances.

“I have long hair but that doesn't mean I'm an Emo. I'm not less of a man if I have long hair. Let's not say that if I have long hair, I'm a homosexual, but I have long hair because this is my style, this is me," he told Iraq's Al-Sharqiya television network.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nWFyJUJqllw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KknOkzm8_M

I have no idea what to say this.. 90 teenages Stoned to death??

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #15 - March 12, 2012, 02:21 AM

jesus...nutjobs

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #16 - March 12, 2012, 04:11 AM

Yes. It's not often my mind truly boggles.
     Reply #17 - March 12, 2012, 04:42 AM

"..............approval to eliminate [the phenomenon] as soon as possible since it's detrimentally affecting the society and becoming a danger," the statement read."

What is really boggling is that the Iraqi government can release statements like the above, apparently without realising that stoning stacks of kids to death just because of the way they dress might be detrimentally affecting society, and might even be a danger to some people. Roll Eyes

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #18 - April 21, 2012, 08:16 AM

Disgusting...something is seriously wrong with the Iranian government.
     Reply #19 - April 21, 2012, 12:43 PM

The BBC had an article last month about this story.

They struggled to find evidence that there were 70 to 90 emos killed in a targeted way.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-17450437

The authorities certainly have a stake in dispelling any notion that extremists are on the loose in Baghdad, killing teenagers. But others are also treating the reports with caution.

The BBC contacted a spokesman for Unicef, the United Nations' child protection agency.

Jaya Murthy, who is in Baghdad, expressed concern, calling for a government investigation, and added Unicef has not been able to confirm a single case.

The BBC made several attempts to interview young men thought to be emos, and they all pulled out at the last minute. Their fear was very real.

But whether there was a targeted campaign of violence appears less certain.

A spokesman for Amnesty International said Amnesty could not get solid confirmation or names of victims.

Said Boumedouha said the only pictures of dead bodies were those circulated on the internet of Saif and "probably" another man.

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #20 - April 24, 2012, 03:55 PM

Disgusting...something is seriously wrong with the Iranian government.

Iraqi, you meant ?
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »