Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 08:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 02:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 01:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: the relationship between Islam and other religions

(Read 2304 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • the relationship between Islam and other religions
     OP - March 08, 2012, 05:06 PM

hi everyone I am new member and I wanna take about Islam with u
    I am  muslim  and I am proud of that
    can u tell me what is the problem with Islam
    I am sure if u understand it well, u will become muslims
    so I'll wait for u comments, but I wanna say that I respect all religions  :thnkyu
  • Re: the relationship between Islam and other religions
     Reply #1 - March 08, 2012, 05:18 PM

This is a topic for the larger forum. I'll move it to the appropriate section.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #2 - March 08, 2012, 05:34 PM

the quran is factually inaccurate and erroneous. An omniscient(all knowing) creator wouldn't make mistakes in basic biology for example
     Reply #3 - March 08, 2012, 10:25 PM

First of all welcome Smiley to CEMB

oh boy here comes this discussion again. If you want to know you should lurk on the ex-Muslim bios, to get personal reasons why people left, and the religious topics where hadiths and direct quotes from the Quran are discussed in detail.

My personal favorite is the

Unethical/questionable hadiths and surahs
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=5272.0

Make no mistake most of us are quite studied in Islam and do not assume that those who do not convert or disagree with Islam are ignorant and do not understand. If you make that mistake you are going to be very surprised. Our arguments are based on scientific, real life and historical evidence and facts; not vague arguments based on the notion that God knows best therefore we must stick our heads in the sand and ignore very obvious concerns and blame the devil (another concept that cannot be proven) for instilling doubts.

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
     Reply #4 - March 09, 2012, 04:11 AM

I have many problems with islam, but first can I ask why you are proud of it? Many Muslims are proud of it, in fact I was very proud of it until I started reading about Muhammad’s life.

I realised everything I was very told was an entire lie. Nearly all Muslims know nothing about Islam itself. They just tell each other the same baseless claims over and over of greatness. This is why I was proud until I started looking into it and reading the quran and hadith.

I was embarrassed to have believed in such lies and such a man. My main problem is thus:

Muhammed provided no evidence that god was speaking to him. He called anyone who didn’t believe deaf, dumb and blind and were destined for hell as shown in the quran. He essentially insulted anyone who did not believe. He assassinated and killed any opponents. He raided tribes, beheaded his victims, taken women and children as slaves and wives. He built an empire on lies, he gained support and followers by intimidation and giving them the booty of war and thieving. This is all shown in the quran and hadith.   

Now ask yourself is this the normal conduct of a god that allows a man to do these things? Seems more like the devil. The quran never existed in his own time. What proof did Muhammad ever bring that god spoke to him?

Even his wife aisha in her early teens I believe stated in a hadith that “god seems to hasten your desire”. This basically shows that even she knew this “god” that only Muhammad could hear was allowing him to get away with horrible actions. This “god” even convinced Muhammad’s best friend to make it lawful to marry aisha when she was six. It is so obvious he lied about god speaking to him.

This is just the drop in the ocean of the problems with islam. It has tons of inconsistencies, errors, silly fables and claims.   

If you like we can discuss any topic about islam that we have a problem with. Nearly all muslims are born into it, thus have a cultural attachment to it. But why exactly are you a muslim? And why are you proud to be one?
     Reply #5 - March 09, 2012, 04:44 PM

My major problem with Islam is the violence of its spread. When the came to central Asia, Muslims butchered all of the Buddhist monks whom they found and destroyed every Buddhist manuscript that they could find.

I am aware that Buddhism spread into Tibet with violence (assassination of anti-Buddhist kings, sectarian fighting) and Tibetan monks slew Mongolian Tengriist Shamans. Yet Buddhist teachings discourage violence, even if fallible Buddhists may encourage it (for which they will be punished in lives to come). But Islam has verses such as 9:5, which encourage slaughtering non-Believers. How can this be right? People may say GOD WILLS THIS, but other barbarous practices have been similarly justified that are no longer followed.

Master Mozi said, “This is what's called treating habit as appropriate and custom as morally right. Formerly, east of Yue there was the country of Gai Shu. When their first son was born, they dismembered and ate him, calling this an obligation to his brothers. When their grandfather died, they carried off their grandmother and abandoned her, saying, ‘One cannot live with the wife of a ghost.’ These were treated as policy above and as custom below, performed without ceasing and held onto without letting go. But how can these really be the way of what is humane and right?” (Book 25, “Thrift in Funerals”)

Interested in Buddhism? Check out http://www.accesstoinsight.org/!
    Consider Nalanda University, and never let it happen again.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »