Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: 'Arabs preferred over other nations'

(Read 15610 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: 'Arabs preferred over other nations'
     Reply #60 - April 15, 2012, 08:37 PM

Why would you think that?

One of the reasons why I read the Quran in Arabic, apparently there is reward for ever letter you pronounce from the Quran. I knew at the time it had no spiritual impact  on me - as I didn't understand it nor could I recite it eloquently in order to appreciate the soothing rhythmic tones -  but I persevered with this tedious task  in the hope that it might save me from the pits of the fire.
     Reply #61 - April 15, 2012, 08:46 PM

I've never read any scriptual basis for this.

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

What apple stores are like.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QmZWv-eBI
     Reply #62 - April 15, 2012, 08:50 PM

Well they might be ok with calling them Arabs, but let's say one of them wants to marry the "pure" Arabs daughter or son. Then they get all iffy about it -_-

And the who are all the Arabs I know.

Wow, that's retarded, especially considering there's no such thing as a 'pure' anything, especially a 'pure' arab. But if they (by that I mean closed-minded puritans of any type) want to stick to retarded traditions then fine, they can do what they want, the rest of us will move forward in the world.

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

Reply #63 - April 15, 2012, 09:21 PM

One of the reasons why I read the Quran in Arabic, apparently there is reward for ever letter you pronounce from the Quran. I knew at the time it had no spiritual impact  on me - as I didn't understand it nor could I recite it eloquently in order to appreciate the soothing rhythmic tones -  but I persevered with this tedious task  in the hope that it might save me from the pits of the fire.

Yes, there is a reward that is greater for reading the Qur'an because your limbs are also involved (eyes & hands) as well as your mouth/tongue...but anyways, what does that have to do with speaking Arabic in Paradise? :S

Self ban for Ramadan (THAT RHYMES)

Expect me to come back a Muslim. Cool Tongue j/k we'll see..
     Reply #64 - April 15, 2012, 09:56 PM

I've never read any scriptual basis for this.

well let me put out some Verses from Quran

012.002: Surely We have revealed it-- an Arabic Quran-- that you may understand.

014.004 : And We did not send any messenger but with the language of his people, so that he might explain to them clearly; then Allah makes whom He pleases err and He guides whom He pleases and He is the Mighty, the Wise.

041.04: And if We had made it a Quran in a foreign tongue, they would certainly have said: Why have not its communications been made clear? What! a foreign (tongue) and an Arabian! Say: It is to those who believe a guidance and a healing; and (as for) those who do not believe, there is a heaviness in their ears and it is obscure to them; these shall be called to from a far-off place.

042.007: And thus have We revealed to you an Arabic Quran, that you may warn the mother city and those around it, and that you may give warning of the day of gathering together wherein is no doubt; a party shall be in the garden and (another) party in the burning fire.

065.011: An Messenger who recites to you the clear communications of Allah so that he may bring forth those who believe and do good deeds from darkness into light; and whoever believes in Allah and does good deeds, He will cause him to enter gardens beneath which rivers now, to abide therein forever, Allah has indeed given him a goodly sustenance

So what does they mean for you  Sprout

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #65 - April 15, 2012, 09:59 PM

It just says the quran is in arabic.

It doesn't say that:

A) The Quran has to stay in Arabic forever
    B) You get more hassanat for reciting it in Arabic.

Reply #66 - April 15, 2012, 10:35 PM

Here are some references, if it's any help

At-Tirmithee states:

Whoever reads a letter from the Book of Allah, he will have a reward. And that reward will be multiplied by ten. I am not saying that “Alif, Laam, Meem” is a letter, rather I am saying that “Alif” is a letter, “laam” is a letter and “meem” is a letter.” So increase your recitation of the Qur’an to gain these merits, and to gain the following merit as well.

Verily the one who recites the Qur’an beautifully, smoothly, and precisely, he will be in the company of the noble and obedient angels. And as for the one who recites with difficulty, stammering or stumbling through its verses, then he will have TWICE that reward.” [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

http://www.iqrasense.com/quran/rewards-benefits-and-virtues-of-quran-and-its-recitation.html

Reply #67 - April 15, 2012, 10:38 PM

Yes, there is a reward that is greater for reading the Qur'an because your limbs are also involved (eyes & hands) as well as your mouth/tongue...but anyways, what does that have to do with speaking Arabic in Paradise? :S

I did say ''Where I suspect Arabic will be the lingua franca in the afterlife.''

Besides I seem to recall , from some boring Friday lecture delivered by a Pakistani with broken English punctuated by random cries of Allahu Akbar, that we all will , supposedly, speak Arabic in Paradise, no?
     Reply #68 - April 15, 2012, 11:16 PM

I never preferred Arabs even when I was very religious.

Not that I hated them but I preferred them as much as I preferred Chinese or Australian Aboriginals even though I found Arabic Language very nice and I still find Arabic nice but that has very little to do with anything.

Reply #69 - April 16, 2012, 01:49 AM

The fact that Allah Most High has chosen the Arabs over other nations is affirmed in rigorously authenticated hadiths of the Prophet

JFC!!!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

This would be a GREAT topic to address to those idjuts with the
    sharia billboards! LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #70 - April 16, 2012, 06:47 AM

Here are some references, if it's any help

At-Tirmithee states:

Whoever reads a letter from the Book of Allah, he will have a reward. And that reward will be multiplied by ten. I am not saying that “Alif, Laam, Meem” is a letter, rather I am saying that “Alif” is a letter, “laam” is a letter and “meem” is a letter.” So increase your recitation of the Qur’an to gain these merits, and to gain the following merit as well.

Verily the one who recites the Qur’an beautifully, smoothly, and precisely, he will be in the company of the noble and obedient angels. And as for the one who recites with difficulty, stammering or stumbling through its verses, then he will have TWICE that reward.” [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

http://www.iqrasense.com/quran/rewards-benefits-and-virtues-of-quran-and-its-recitation.html

That doesn't say it has to be in Arabic though?

Reply #71 - April 16, 2012, 07:00 AM

''Verily the one who recites the Qur’an beautifully, smoothly, and precisely, he will be in the company of the noble and obedient angels. And as for the one who recites with difficulty, stammering or stumbling through its verses, then he will have TWICE that reward.” [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]''

Surely the above refers to the rules of Tajweed? I don't want to flog a dead horse here, I was taught the merits of reciting the Quran in Arabic by my family and Imans from my community - whether there was scriptural demands for it is irrelevant.
     Reply #72 - April 16, 2012, 07:04 AM

Yep I was taught that reading Quran in Arabic is necessary - was told that somehow (magically?) we'll all be speaking Arabic on the Day of Judgement but only if we read the Quran in Arabic in our lifetime. I don't have scriptural evidence for that, but that was definitely imposed upon me (a non-Arab South Asian) and people around me by clerics and family elders.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #73 - April 16, 2012, 07:05 AM

No sure, I don't doubt that this was the rule, but I never saw a scriptual basis and I was just wondering if it was a later ruling that was tacked on (like the hijab for example)

Reply #74 - April 16, 2012, 08:09 AM

^ Agree. Concept of 'race' is a man-made strategy to 'label' and 'group' people, just like religion. People in general like to feel a sense of 'belonging'. I gave up identifying with any 'race' a long time ago because there's only one race and that's the human race. And in saying that, I mean no offence to any other life forms that may be reading this.

I completely agree -- I'm just like you, however, instead of giving up all my sub-identities, my main identity is still as a human being, and I still feel like I belong to several other identities, to varying degrees: as an Arab, an Algerian, a Berber, a Jew, a Russian, a Lebanese...

قل للمليحة في الخمار الأسود
    مـاذا فـعــلت بــناسـك مـتـعـبد

قـد كـان شـمّر لــلـصلاة ثـيابه
    حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

ردي عليـه صـلاتـه وصيـامــه
    لا تـقــتـلــيه بـحـق ديــن محمد
     Reply #75 - April 16, 2012, 08:18 AM

I completely agree -- I'm just like you, however, instead of giving up all my sub-identities, my main identity is still as a human being, and I still feel like I belong to several other identities, to varying degrees: as an Arab, an Algerian, a Berber, a Jew, a Russian, a Lebanese...

Huh You are all that??

harakaat may be I am wrong but it appears you are adding not only your parents countries/culture/religion  but you are getting down the road some 5 or 6 generations .. When did  your ancestors followed Judaism??

correct me if I am wrong..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #76 - April 16, 2012, 08:19 AM

1. There's a weak hadeeth that says that Arabic is the language of Jannah. It's weak, but it's still widely attested and widely accepted by Muslims. However, there is no mention in the Quran or the si7aa7 of the language(s) spoken in the afterlife.
    2. The Quran has to stay in Arabic because it is the verbatim word of Allah, and it's supposed to be full of linguistic miracles. Translating it will necessarily lead to a loss in meaning/miraculousness.

حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

Reply #77 - April 16, 2012, 08:20 AM

Huh You are all that??

And more. As I said, ancestry has very little to do with it. It's how much I identify with certain cultural groups.

حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

Reply #78 - April 16, 2012, 08:31 AM

And more.  .

That is Blasphemy..   You should be arrested .. Zebras with mixing faiths and mixing countries and mixing gene pool   people   have no place

Reply #79 - June 13, 2012, 11:30 AM

To deny this they could just quote Muhammad's farewell sermon:

"All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. "

All well and good, it's nice that they have something to discourage nationalism/racism. The problem is that it is far from clear that Muhammad actually said these things. This farewell sermon was a mashup of hadiths and history books put together by a guy called Faizi, who published a book called Sermons of the Prophet in 1991. I saw that one guy tried to trace some of the claimed sources of the things in the sermon, and it didn't seem to add up (though he was only able to check the few sources accessable to him).

Yeah i thought about that farewell sermon. So what we have here is people is another contradiction!

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
            Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

- John Keats
     Reply #80 - June 13, 2012, 12:49 PM

Dude wtf... That makes me sick!

I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

John Galt.
     Reply #81 - June 13, 2012, 05:22 PM

that's right.. we are the chosen people.. ............oh .. wait..  jester

yeah in his last speech he mentions a few nice things.. which only comes in handy when muslims are making islam into a lil fuzzy puff ball of fluff..
     Reply #82 - June 13, 2012, 05:28 PM

I found out the origins of the 'farewell sermon' text a while after I wrote this post. I can't remember the details (again...) but I seem to recall it was a modern book (originally published in India I think) filled with speculative (a less charitable person would say fictional) versions of sermons and dialogues alluded to in the hadith. How it got recycled onto the internet is anyone's guess.

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »