Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: 'Arabs preferred over other nations'

(Read 15612 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: 'Arabs preferred over other nations'
     Reply #30 - February 20, 2012, 08:29 AM

Muslims should not have any objection to this, because all of this returns to the wisdom of the Most Wise, Glorious is He, who is not asked about what He does, but rather, they are the ones who are asked. So after a Muslim has believed in Allah as his Lord, the Truth, and that there is no God but Him, then he should know that this is from among His matters, Blessed and High is He, and there is nothing but magnificent wisdom in it that we might see or that we might not see.

Odd. I've been hearing/reading variation of this all week, on TV, radio, the internet, etc.

I think God is trying to tell me something.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #31 - February 20, 2012, 12:51 PM

I think God is trying to tell me something.

He gave rock and roll to you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6I6MSrBmnQ&feature=related

(Not the original, I know, but you're a metal monster not a prog rock bird.)
     Reply #32 - February 20, 2012, 02:07 PM

Why can't I be both?!

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #33 - February 21, 2012, 01:04 AM

Or, better still, neither.
     Reply #34 - April 15, 2012, 06:12 AM

I was reading one discussion in Bosnian forum about Kurdish language.Someone wrote -I f I was a Kurd, I would never speak Kurdish, I would rather speak  the language of our beloved Mohhamed saws.....

So, basically you admitt that Arabs are God's chosen people Huh?

Isn't it funny how cats can understand people without ever reading a single psychology book?
     Reply #35 - April 15, 2012, 09:59 AM

I was reading one discussion in Bosnian forum about Kurdish language.Someone wrote -I f I was a Kurd, I would never speak Kurdish, I would rather speak  the language of our beloved Mohhamed saws.....

So, basically you admitt that Arabs are God's chosen people Huh?

In a way you are right., this  great man  

Anwar Shaikh [1928-2006] From England wrote series articles  on that subject of "Arab Nationalism is another name for Islam" to those who  follow  Prophet of Islam and his religious edicts. this link Islam, the Self-Perpetuating Tool of Arab Imperialism by Anwar Sheikh is good one to read on that subject.

Any way what these hard core Muhammad following Idiots will do is generate more hate towards those Muslims who never understood Islam and never followed Islam except for its rituals  as you see in the tube below from a German lady..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1S4SQ8zeRQ

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #36 - April 15, 2012, 10:52 AM

Something else that isn't mentioned is that Arab is an assimilationist identity, IE anyone can become an Arab, just like anyone can be considered American. The conditions vary, but if a person lives in an  'Arab' country for a long time, learns and speaks Arabic, and embraces Arabic culture they will become an Arab. So it isn't quite an ethnic group as ethnicity usually requires shared origins.

^This. An example is that my Dad looks more like your average Eritrean/Somalian guy but is supposedly considered as 'Arab' as my Egyptian mum, just because he speaks the language. Anyway Arab is an ethnicity which spans a broad range of people, just like Latina/Latino.

But yeah I've noted that some Arabs, especially gulf Arabs (Saudis in particular) tend to have that 'chosen ones' way of thinking and look at all other Muslims as people who merely 'adopted' their religion. Personally, I refuse to label myself as an 'Arab', or anything else for that matter. I speak the language, yes but I don't identify with any particular aspect of it, save for Koshari and Shisha.

"The more powerful and original a mind, the more it will incline toward the religion of solitude."

"i used to steal my sisters barbies so i could take their clothes off and perv on them" - prince spinoza
     Reply #37 - April 15, 2012, 10:56 AM

................just like Latina/Latino. Personally, I refuse to label myself as an 'Arab' even if others want to. I speak the language, yes but I don't identify with any particular aspect of it, save for Koshari and Shisha.

Hi .. Rendezvous.,

If I were in your shoes.. I will proudly announce as ArSuEn Humanist  ..lol.. and what is that "Shisha"??  just curious..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #38 - April 15, 2012, 11:21 AM

Hi .. Rendezvous.,

If I were in your shoes.. I will proudly announce as ArSuEn Humanist  ..lol.. and what is that "Shisha"??  just curious..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

But then someone reading that very quickly may easily interpret me to be an 'Arsonist' or even worse an 'Arse' ... but I like the idea, we can think of something else...

Shisha/Hookah is a water pipe type of thing with fruit flavored tobacco. Fun to do with a group of friends before a night out (esp at Edgware Road, London):

"The more powerful and original a mind, the more it will incline toward the religion of solitude."

"i used to steal my sisters barbies so i could take their clothes off and perv on them" - prince spinoza
     Reply #39 - April 15, 2012, 11:39 AM

Shisha/Hookah is a water pipe type of thing with fruit flavored tobacco. Fun to do with a group of friends before a night out (esp at Edgware Road, London):

(Clicky for piccy!)

Oh I see I knew that as hookah smoking., That is well known to  me..  That Shisha word confused me.. Shisha is called Glass in our neck of the world., I guess it is same there also., .. It is also Bottle for guy like me who drinks bottled beer

But then someone reading that very quickly may easily interpret me to be an 'Arsonist' or even worse an 'Arse' ... but I like the idea, we can think of something else...

Oooops.. well we have freedom to reverse that from ArSuEn Humanist   to EnSuAr  Humanist

We have fulllllllllll freeeeeeeedom lol...

Reply #40 - April 15, 2012, 02:00 PM

^This. An example is that my Dad looks more like your average Eritrean/Somalian guy but is supposedly considered as 'Arab' as my Egyptian mum, just because he speaks the language. Anyway Arab is an ethnicity which spans a broad range of people, just like Latina/Latino.

But yeah I've noted that some Arabs, especially gulf Arabs (Saudis in particular) tend to have that 'chosen ones' way of thinking and look at all other Muslims as people who merely 'adopted' their religion. Personally, I refuse to label myself as an 'Arab', or anything else for that matter. I speak the language, yes but I don't identify with any particular aspect of it, save for Koshari and Shisha.

A lot of them don't consider others Arabs if they can't trace their roots far enough.  Roll Eyes
     Reply #41 - April 15, 2012, 02:36 PM

"Arab Nationalism is another name for Islam"

... that's the stupidest thing I've heard this month. That dude should come to the Muslim and Arab worlds and see how it actually works here.

قل للمليحة في الخمار الأسود
    مـاذا فـعــلت بــناسـك مـتـعـبد

قـد كـان شـمّر لــلـصلاة ثـيابه
    حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

ردي عليـه صـلاتـه وصيـامــه
    لا تـقــتـلــيه بـحـق ديــن محمد
     Reply #42 - April 15, 2012, 02:36 PM

Sheesha scares me, but I still consider myself an Arab.

حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

Reply #43 - April 15, 2012, 02:41 PM

That stuff's lethal. Terminal nicotine poisoning FTW. Grin

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #44 - April 15, 2012, 03:40 PM

Sheesha scares me, but I still consider myself an Arab.

That Sheesha which is also called as Hukka as mentioned by Rendezvous  comes from Persian/Indian subcontinental Pakistan/Afghanistan) borders ., It is nothing to do with Arabians of that time.. The word Sheesha it self comes from that area

Reply #45 - April 15, 2012, 05:12 PM

Be that as it may, it's a huge part of contemporary Arab culture.

حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

Reply #46 - April 15, 2012, 05:18 PM

^Btw, you guys stole Baclawa too. That totally wasn't yours. And belly dancing  lipsrsealed

A lot of them don't consider others Arabs if they can't trace their roots far enough.  

@haraakat -> www.ancestry.com. You may not be who you thought you were  cool2

Reply #47 - April 15, 2012, 05:19 PM

My Arabness has very little to do with genetics. I couldn't care less if my great-grandparents were Polish. I'm an Arab.

حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

Reply #48 - April 15, 2012, 05:26 PM

A lot of them don't consider others Arabs if they can't trace their roots far enough.  Roll Eyes

Who? I've met many snobbish Gulf Arabs in my time, and none of them held opinions like that.

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

What apple stores are like.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QmZWv-eBI
     Reply #49 - April 15, 2012, 05:35 PM

My Arabness has very little to do with genetics. I couldn't care less if my great-grandparents were Polish. I'm an Arab.

bo6 ya wala ma terfa3sh 6otak 3alaya  finmad
    In my book, what you say you are/choose to identify as is what you are.
    I could choose to identify as 'Chinese' tomorrow and throw myself into their culture and there ain't one person who can tell me 'that's not what you are' because it's what I say I am. Even if i'm not. If you get it.

Reply #50 - April 15, 2012, 05:48 PM

bo6 ya wala ma terfa3sh 6otak 3alaya  finmad

7adhir, 7adhir, sheesh Tongue

In my book, what you say you are/choose to identify as is what you are.
    I could choose to identify as 'Chinese' tomorrow and throw myself into their culture and there ain't one person who can tell me 'that's not what you are' because it's what I say I am. Even if i'm not. If you get it.

Yeah, I agree with that too. But it's not exactly the same in this situation because I'm an Arab because I'm an Arab, not just because I said so.

حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

Reply #51 - April 15, 2012, 06:02 PM

Reply #52 - April 15, 2012, 06:54 PM

Hmmmmmmmmm

7adhir, 7adhir, sheesh Tongue

I'm an Arab because I'm an Arab, not just because I said so.

RendeZ.. is getting upset.. she will explode unless some one  proves the color, the structure of that Arabness ..

So harakaat .. Tell me with the exception of that language what is Arabness and how a Arab should be all the time..

Give me some tips for a monkey like me to act as an Arab..

Reply #53 - April 15, 2012, 07:00 PM

-snip-

Reply #54 - April 15, 2012, 07:10 PM

God; I am omniscient, omnipotent, Ar Rahman and Ar Rahim... and I'm a racist.
     Reply #55 - April 15, 2012, 07:21 PM

Lol, ethnic identities.  Cheesy

We are all zebras, like yeezevee.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #56 - April 15, 2012, 07:24 PM

Islam on the surface is an Arab religion; you have to - at least advised to-  adopt its language, customs, dress code and visit their countries for pilgrimage. Why bother imitating a backward culture that hinders social and economic progress? Of course that's if you're not coerced by the threat of Hell or the promise of Heaven? Where I suspect Arabic will be the lingua franca in the afterlife.
     Reply #57 - April 15, 2012, 07:28 PM

^ Agree. Concept of 'race' is a man-made strategy to 'label' and 'group' people, just like religion. People in general like to feel a sense of 'belonging'. I gave up identifying with any 'race' a long time ago because there's only one race and that's the human race. And in saying that, I mean no offence to any other life forms that may be reading this.

Reply #58 - April 15, 2012, 07:28 PM

Of course that's if you're not coerced by the threat of Hell or the promise of Heaven? Where I suspect Arabic will be the lingua franca in the afterlife.

Why would you think that?

Self ban for Ramadan (THAT RHYMES)

Expect me to come back a Muslim. Cool Tongue j/k we'll see..
     Reply #59 - April 15, 2012, 08:16 PM

Who? I've met many snobbish Gulf Arabs in my time, and none of them held opinions like that.

Well they might be ok with calling them Arabs, but let's say one of them wants to marry the "pure" Arabs daughter or son. Then they get all iffy about it -_-

And the who are all the Arabs I know.
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »