Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: FAO: Nasir

(Read 10840 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: FAO: Nasir
     Reply #30 - February 05, 2012, 04:55 PM

Bhuddism has many goods things in it, but it is empty of faith and impractical if applied on a society. Just my thought...
     Reply #31 - February 05, 2012, 05:24 PM

but it is empty of faith and impractical if applied on a society

To say that Buddhism is empty of faith is absurd. It is a two thousand six hundred year old faith with hundreds of millions of adherents and its ideas and philosophy have spread (peacefully) around the world and influenced individuals and philosophy everywhere. To suggest their adherence is not 'faith' is perverse.

Secondly, the idea of impracticality when applied to a society is bizarre. It doesn't need to be applied to a society. Religion retards society. For evidence of this, look to all societies in which Islam is applied to.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #32 - February 05, 2012, 05:26 PM

Islam is misinterpreted and misunderstood in modern times for sure. All through history, it has not been as perfect as it should be but the atrocities attributed to the religion has its roots in culture. Atrocities committed by some muslim rulers was not caused  by religion; but religion was used to justify them. This is a good example of misinterpretation of Islam. In modern. times Wahabi ideology is a good example of this misinterpretation.

Because there has been no true Muslim (Scotsman)

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #33 - February 05, 2012, 05:29 PM

I am aware that Buddhism would be impractical if all were to follow all of its precepts (celibacy, etc.). That is why no Buddhist has ever claimed that everyone should follow every one of its precepts. I myself hope to become a householder some day, accumulating enough merit to be reborn as a human (merit involving kindness to others, charity, following much Buddhist morality, etc.) in a time when it is easier to gain enlightenment.

With regard to Buddhism laking faith, obviously thou art not aware of Pure Land Buddhism, which holds that it is impossible to seek enlightenment in this life. But EVERYone can gain enlightenment by having unwavering faith in Amitabha Buddha, the Buddha of Infinite Light, who will ensure that that all who chant "Hail to Amitabha Buddha" (a Buddhist Shahada) will be reborn in Yonder Western Pure Land, where they shall be enlightened through meditation sessions with Amitabha Buddha himself. Truly, Fijiwara no Michizane, one of the most ruthless people in Japanese history, spent days reciting Amitabha Buddha's name in hopes of being saved. Amitabha Buddha originated in Pakistan. If thou art seeing a faith native to Pakistan, please consider Pure Land Buddhism, which has been summarized in The Promise of Amida Buddha: Honen’s Path to Bliss. Anyway, Pureland Buddhism has much faith.

Even as a non-Pureland Buddhist, I must have faith. I have faith that the teachings of the Buddhas are true and lead to great transformation of thought, ending in Enlightenment. Of course, since I read and evaluate these teachings, it is not through faith alone that I progress, but if I had been convinced that the teachings were useless, I would not have soughten to study them to this day.

Billy: Thanks for the support. I will admit that Buddhism spread violently to Tibet and Mongolia, but hardly on the scale of Islam. There are many precepts in Buddhism that condemn killing, yet I cannot find such teachings in Islam applying to non-Muslims. Violent spread of Buddhism was against its tenets, but is this true of Islam?

Interested in Buddhism? Check out http://www.accesstoinsight.org/!
    Consider Nalanda University, and never let it happen again.
     Reply #34 - February 05, 2012, 05:32 PM

There are no stoning verses in Quran. You claim that you have read quran many times. Why should I take you seriously...
     Reply #35 - February 05, 2012, 05:33 PM

You need to read history my friend.
     Reply #36 - February 05, 2012, 05:36 PM

In my interpretation of faith, it means the concept of one God and the hereafter. Further, your understanding of islam is limited.
     Reply #37 - February 05, 2012, 05:36 PM

There may not be stoning verses in the Qu'ran, but there is a hadith discussing such verses' destruction. So much for the Qu'ran being the unchanged word of God, eh?

Reported 'Aisha (RA): ‘the verse of stoning and of suckling an adult ten times was revealed, and they were (written) on a paper and kept under my pillow. When the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) expired and we were occupied by his death, a goat entered and ate away the paper.’ (Sunan Ibn Majah, Hadith 1944)

Reply #38 - February 05, 2012, 05:36 PM

I don`t want to waste my time with you. Where is your King Tut.
     Reply #39 - February 05, 2012, 05:39 PM

Then why you made wrong claims in your last two posts. I do not consider those Hadiths seriously, which contradicts with Quran.

Simple.
     Reply #40 - February 05, 2012, 05:40 PM

The Hadith you wrote is in direct contradiction of Quranic claim. Hence, I do not consider this hadith authentic.
     Reply #41 - February 05, 2012, 05:48 PM

I do believe in a hereafter. 16 hells it has, that crush, burns, freeze, saw, maim, etc. These hells are temporary, but they exist by Buddhism. Do they not constitute an afterlife?

With regards to faith, art thou seriously proposing that people cannot have faith in each other or in many gods?

"Have you heard of Manat and Allat and 'Uzza Besides? They are exalted cranes whose intervention is much to be hoped for."

Now, I am aware that theses goddesses are not part of Islam, but surely one who believes that their intervention can happen and be useful has faith in them. I may need to study history more, but thou art needing to study faith's definitions more.

I am aware that my understanding of Islam is limited, but I honestly think that recognizing Islam's encouragement of killing non-believers (9:5) and hideous punishments is enough to condemn it. Read my signature. Nalanda University and thousands of its faculty were slain by Muslims in 1197, after which its library was burned over the course of one week.

And yes, I hold Christianity to be equally hideous, but since this is a forum dealing with Islam, I stick to Islam.

Reply #42 - February 05, 2012, 05:48 PM

Morality is one of the many things I learned from Quran. I agree, you can learn morality without quran since there are many other sources available. Actually, I learned faith from Quran and morality from outside but Quran confirmed what I learned in morality. Quran also refined my morality. Quran is not only source of my morality.
     Reply #43 - February 05, 2012, 05:51 PM

With regards to hadith, I believe that none is real, and that Muhamad s as real as Hector, King Wen, etc. A legend. This applies to Jesus and the Buddha Shakyamuni as well. But since thou art a Muslim, I make the concession of treating hadith as if they were real.

Reply #44 - February 05, 2012, 05:52 PM

I have already made myself clear on 9:5. It is of Surah Toba and go and read my reply on this issue. Islam does not approve killing any human, if they are not muslims. This is a big lie on Islam and it has never been the case.

I do not know, who you are. But I am sure you have never been a muslim.
     Reply #45 - February 05, 2012, 05:57 PM

Now stop wasting my time. You have failed and you are exposed. I came here on the king Tut but he never came to discuss.
     Reply #46 - February 05, 2012, 06:00 PM

If one does not need the Qu'ran to learn morality, why study it?  Huh? Huh? Huh?

I study Buddhist scriptures because they teach fascinating metaphysics (Shunyata, Anatta, etc.) and meditation techniques, but they do not fundamentally change my morality.

In contrast, through studying the Qu'ran, you, by thy admission, gain faith. This includes faith in a God who is allegedly merciful yet condemns people to Hell for not worshipping him. Believing insuch a Deity leads to Fear, if my experiences as a Christian are any indication. Fear that one is not pleasing God. Discarding God eliminates much of that fear.

Look, the Buddhist view is that we condemn ourselves to Hell through bad deeds. The Islamic View seems to be that even if we are unfailingly righteous, we will still end up in Hell if we are not Muslims. Yet we are supposedly sent there by a merciful God. Huh? Huh? Huh?

If God were truly merciful, he would make us all Islamic and destroy our anti-Islamic impulses. If Hell is eternal and as bad as the Qu'ran claims it to be, surely lacking free will on Earth would be a small price to pay to avoid going to Hell.

Reply #47 - February 05, 2012, 06:04 PM

You need to understand Islam first.
     Reply #48 - February 05, 2012, 06:07 PM

God does not condemn anyone for not worshipping him. You have no clue about Islam.
     Reply #49 - February 05, 2012, 06:08 PM

I never claimed to be a Muslim, nor am I the son of a Muslim. I was an Arian, the son of a Catholic. If Islam does not approve of killing Non-Muslims, are the Taliban, Al-Qaeda, etc., nit Muslims? Are they damned to Hell forever? That seems like quite a harsh punishment, if they were supposedly encouraged to abandon true Islam. How can a Finite life, even if given entirely to Sin, justify an eternity of punishment?

If the entirety of 9 is not eternally relevant, why is it in the Qu'ran? Surely its presence undermines the Qu'ran's claim to be an eternal guide to Islamic faith and conduct?

With regards to Tut, maybe he is busy. I was and often am Busy.

Anyway, I am very thankful for the chance to debate thee. I so rarely have a chance to talk to others.

Reply #50 - February 05, 2012, 06:09 PM

There are no stoning verses in Quran. You claim that you have read quran many times. Why should I take you seriously...

I don`t want to waste my time with you. Where is your King Tut.

Then why you made wrong claims in your last two posts. I do not consider those Hadiths seriously, which contradicts with Quran.

Simple.

The Hadith you wrote is in direct contradiction of Quranic claim. Hence, I do not consider this hadith authentic.

Hmm.. which hadith is that Nisar??

Yes good to watch this tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxdgCxK4VUA

Nasir in defense of Islam you sound pretty technical ., Are you Quran only Muslim??

Does Quran say "Do not Stone Adulterer and do not kill adulterer" ?   What does Quran say about adultery?  
    What does Quran say about honor killings which an average ~10,000 women are killed around the world specially in Islamic world?
    What Does Quran say to Muslims about  Jewish And Christian prophets and The scriptures of Judaism and Christianity?

Suppose if I say., What you seem to be doing as a  person is choose/set your own rules to live life which is nothing to do with Islam., In other words you are a good person in spite of Islam not because of Islam., How do you counter that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W5v1DeJHhs

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #51 - February 05, 2012, 06:20 PM

Really? What about

2:39 But they who disbelieve, and deny Our revelations, such are rightful Peoples of the Fire. They will abide therein.

or,

5:72 They surely disbelieve who say: Lo! Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary. The Messiah (himself) said: O Children of Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. Lo! whoso ascribeth partners unto Allah, for him Allah hath forbidden paradise. His abode is the Fire. For evil-doers there will be no helpers.5:73 They surely disbelieve who say: Lo! Allah is the third of three; when there is no God save the One God. If they desist not from so saying a painful doom will fall on those of them who disbelieve.

These verses especially strongly suggest that Christians shall go to Hell. as well as those who do not worship a Supreme God. I do not worship a supreme God. Am I damned to Hell?

People might say, "yes, but other verses abrogate these verses" to which I reply "if the Qu'ran is the perfect word of God, why must it have contradictions". If God wanted to protect Muhammad, surely using his divine might would have worked enough, rather than sending verses that were more inclined to friendliness (or hostility) with other communities.

Reply #52 - February 05, 2012, 06:30 PM

Let me make it simple. Everyone is under the mercy of God (whether muslim or non-muslim). In the hereafter, when the mercy of god is removed, what is left, hell fire. Hence, no one is thrown into hell because they rejected God but they chose it.

Got it.....
     Reply #53 - February 05, 2012, 06:43 PM

Let me make it simple. Everyone is under the mercy of God (whether muslim or non-muslim). In the hereafter, when the mercy of god is removed, what is left, hell fire. Hence, no one is thrown into hell because they rejected God but they chose it.

Got it.....

well i don't get it dear Nasir.,

What is god., what is your understanding of God??   well this is good to watch..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwG9pDNSAXA

Reply #54 - February 05, 2012, 07:03 PM

But if God were truly merciful, why would he withdraw his protection from Hell. It would be like me letting go of a climbing child whom I hold so that the child would fall and be injured. People, in thy model, do not choose to go to Hell, so much as God Chooses to let them go there even though he could stop it. How is this merciful? A merciful God would not send people to Hell Forever, nor would he create eternal Hell.

Reply #55 - February 05, 2012, 09:18 PM

Morality is one of the many things I learned from Quran. I agree, you can learn morality without quran since there are many other sources available. Actually  I learned faith from Quran and morality from outside but Quran confirmed what I learned in morality.  Quran also refined my morality. Quran is not only source of my [size]morality.]/size]

Hmm Morality and Quran..., yes there is lot of morality in your post  nasir..  but i wonder whether those verses of Morality you read  in Quran are  Muhikkimah or  Mutashabiha verses??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_uB8OxY98M

Reply #56 - February 05, 2012, 10:09 PM

Nasir, you never responded to me. Check the thread.
     Reply #57 - February 05, 2012, 11:31 PM

Muhikkimah
     Reply #58 - February 05, 2012, 11:33 PM

I asked you some questions, you never replied. By the way I responded to your video post yesterday.
     Reply #59 - February 06, 2012, 12:18 AM

nasir r u a quranist?

u shud have clarified what type of muslim u are at the beginning
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »